Mini 3 Pro Micro SD Card fitting and removal.
123Next >
19232 115 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice idea with that tool, maybe start a little sideline selling them
2022-5-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think WiFi transfer works with video but heat might be an issue. I only ever shoot in 1080p so amaller files to download. I never remove the Sd card from any of my drones.

I feel that this March to higher res, bit rate etc and all those boring numbers that geeks like are just causing heat issues just like the new action cam from DJI
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-17 23:02
I think WiFi transfer works with video but heat might be an issue. I only ever shoot in 1080p so amaller files to download. I never remove the Sd card from any of my drones.

I feel that this March to higher res, bit rate etc and all those boring numbers that geeks like are just causing heat issues just like the new action cam from DJI

Ive always found the wifi transfer mangle the Exif and then you have hassle to move the DNGs back to a computer to process.
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The design worked great,   I cut a bunch to keep in various bags.

2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-17 22:44
Nice idea with that tool, maybe start a little sideline selling them

Ive added the file to the orginal post so that anyone with access to a Laser can make their own,   the design worked great.
2022-5-18
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 01:00
The design worked great,   I cut a bunch to keep in various bags.

[view_image]

Simple and great idea DAFLys. Has anyone a picture of what the problem really is and what it looks like?
2022-5-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:26
Ive always found the wifi transfer mangle the Exif and then you have hassle to move the DNGs back to a computer to process.

What is Exif. Never do DNG. Just video and Jpeg for me and all video in 1080P  Auto

I like small data size and sinmple
2022-5-18
Use props
davidy61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57037 ft
Australia

Could I ask what you cut them from and thickness. I have a friend with a cutter and will get a few done.
Thanks
David
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidy61 Posted at 5-18 01:59
Could I ask what you cut them from and thickness. I have a friend with a cutter and will get a few done.
Thanks
David

I made a few from an old store points card and two from the lid of a twiglets tub. I would have used 1mm Perspex was I was out of that size.  
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-18 01:43
What is Exif. Never do DNG. Just video and Jpeg for me and all video in 1080P  Auto

I like small data size and sinmple

Whereas I need big or my work gets rejected.  And the exif let's me k ow what setting were used as more importantly the location it was taken.  I frequently use a map to find images in the catalogue.
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-18 01:37
Simple and great idea DAFLys. Has anyone a picture of what the problem really is and what it looks like?

It’s just the slot is now recessed deeper.

2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 22:41
Since covid the rollout of the terminals here really accelerated,  even car park machines take them now.    I was in a store pre covid where the machines went down and they just closed for the day,   Ive not seen it happen since,  but I do usually have an emergency note just in case.

Yeah, we all need a back-up plan.  
2022-5-18
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I’ve just had mine delivered and maybe my expectations had been sufficiently lowered but the SD card is nowhere near as fiddly as it used to be on my old Air. The lack of cover getting in the way certainly helps.

I’ve not decent nails at all, especially today with all the nail baiting waiting for the door bell to ring, but I am able to insert/remove the SD without aid.
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lobster Posted at 5-18 04:33
I’ve just had mine delivered and maybe my expectations had been sufficiently lowered but the SD card is nowhere near as fiddly as it used to be on my old Air. The lack of cover getting in the way certainly helps.

I’ve not decent nails at all, especially today with all the nail baiting waiting for the door bell to ring, but I am able to insert/remove the SD without aid.

Maybe they are not built equally then,  but I just cannot do it and SHMBO'd who has viscous nails didnt find it easy at all.
2022-5-18
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 04:38
Maybe they are not built equally then,  but I just cannot do it and SHMBO'd who has viscous nails didnt find it easy at all.

Yeah I can’t imagine the tolerance on the body is that tight, it’s built to a weigh not perfect shut lines.

I will add that I’m not expecting it to be as doable in the field as it was in my lounge
2022-5-18
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 02:22
It’s just the slot is now recessed deeper.

[view_image]

Many thanks for the picture DAFlys. No I see what you mean and assume that it is the right hand slot for the card. Yes, it certainly looks like you need a tool to get the card out, if you do not have long nails or another card. Also there is no longer a dust protection like on the Mavic 2 Pro.
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 5-18 05:07
Many thanks for the picture DAFlys. No I see what you mean and assume that it is the right hand slot for the card. Yes, it certainly looks like you need a tool to get the card out, if you do not have long nails or another card. Also there is no longer a dust protection like on the Mavic 2 Pro.

They removed dust protection on the mini2 as well.  
2022-5-18
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 05:12
They removed dust protection on the mini2 as well.

Well, hope that it will not cause a problem in the future. Times will tell.
2022-5-18
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe this will start a new Mini 3 Fingernail movement? All you have to do is allow one to grow and then start shaping it to be the perfect size for a micro SD card.
2022-5-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Like a guitar player.
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_xmXhVv7yuog1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Do I need a sd card for both screen remote and drone on mini 3?
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_xmXhVv7yuog1 Posted at 5-20 03:00
Do I need a sd card for both screen remote and drone on mini 3?

If you want to cache recording or do screen records then you will need a micro sd card for the remote.  the controller only has about 1gb free space.
2022-5-20
Use props
fansaea62e3d
New

Netherlands

Excuse me; brand new to the forum. How do I insert the micro card in the Mini 3 Pro? Upside down?
2022-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansaea62e3d Posted at 5-23 02:09
Excuse me; brand new to the forum. How do I insert the micro card in the Mini 3 Pro? Upside down?

Yes,  painted side down towards the ground.  
2022-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 02:26
Yes,  painted side down towards the ground.

So, am i reading this right? My P4P is upside-down insertion, Mini 2 is the right way up insertion and now they've gone back to upside-down with the Mini 3 Pro? I bet there will be some broken mechanisms in the near future...
2022-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-26 23:57
So, am i reading this right? My P4P is upside-down insertion, Mini 2 is the right way up insertion and now they've gone back to upside-down with the Mini 3 Pro? I bet there will be some broken mechanisms in the near future...

Yes,  but a micro sd card cannot be inserted the way round.
2022-5-27
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

it was difficult putting in and note it goes in upside down (label facing the floor).  if you have any finger nails its easier to do
2022-5-27
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

the one in the controller is harder to do
2022-5-27
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

MySky Posted at 5-17 10:40
Cool idea @DAFlys.
That issue has already been mentioned in one of the youtube tests.
Somtimes it is an advantage being a female drone pilot, so i will not have that issue.

Watch you don't chip nail-polish into the slot.
2022-5-27
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 5-27 07:52
Watch you don't chip nail-polish into the slot.

Never had that issue in 12 years of building and flying drones.
2022-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 5-27 02:13
the one in the controller is harder to do

I struggled with both and I was out in the field at the time.  
2022-5-28
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

MySky Posted at 5-27 11:48
Never had that issue in 12 years of building and flying drones.

You certainly have the experience over me, I have only had a drone for about 4 years and very few flights.
Cheers
2022-5-29
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 5-29 13:42
You certainly have the experience over me, I have only had a drone for about 4 years and very few flights.
Cheers

Don't mind. The only point i have switched to DJI drones is, that i am not longer allowed to fly my bigger, older drones anymore due to the new EU drone regulations.
My avatar shows one of them i have build my self. Diagonal motor axis to motor axis 50 cm and 10" props. Weight 1.3kg and ,max. speed approx. 75km.
2022-5-30
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

MySky Posted at 5-30 02:46
Don't mind. The only point i have switched to DJI drones is, that i am not longer allowed to fly my bigger, older drones anymore due to the new EU drone regulations.
My avatar shows one of them i have build my self. Diagonal motor axis to motor axis 50 cm and 10" props. Weight 1.3kg and ,max. speed approx. 75km.

Very nice . . . I want to get into the scale helicopters, but money and time are my enemies.  Would like to do a Hughes Type 47, or a Bell Jet Ranger.  I do not want to do tricks, just plain flying.  There is a company in Germany that makes a really nice Chinook, I have their name and web address around here somewhere.  Happy flying.
2022-5-30
Use props
Meuhbat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

Mine is easily accessible by hand (with a Sandisk Extreme card), maybe the slot is more recessed on some units, or some memory cards are shorter than others ?
20220530_234729.jpg
2022-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Meuhbat Posted at 5-30 13:57
Mine is easily accessible by hand (with a Sandisk Extreme card), maybe the slot is more recessed on some units, or some memory cards are shorter than others ?
[view_image]

Curious,  Ive tested mine with a 128gb and 256gb Sandisk card and both are unreachable for me,   and funnily enough the review I watched this morning was complaining about the issue too.
2022-5-30
Use props
djiuser_AmfYpNQR4xZP
New

Netherlands

Hi, I put the scandisk extrem 128gb v30 in the Mini 3Pro, but the drone don’t recognize the sd-card. Has the card first be formatted or not?
What can be the problem?
Problem solved, I found a YouTube video were the explain formatting in the Mini 3 pro. Thanks for helping.
2022-6-7
Use props
FrostyCan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 727841 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I just tried removing a memory card for the first time from my new Mini 3 Pro and ran into the same issue.  I'm a 6' 3" guy and my hands/fingers/nails don't work to remove the memory card -- unlike the Mini 1 and Mini 2.

I found that using the prongs of a phone charger works nicely, but c'mon DJI.  Why this retrograde design with the Mini 3??
2022-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FrostyCan Posted at 6-7 20:52
I just tried removing a memory card for the first time from my new Mini 3 Pro and ran into the same issue.  I'm a 6' 3" guy and my hands/fingers/nails don't work to remove the memory card -- unlike the Mini 1 and Mini 2.

I found that using the prongs of a phone charger works nicely, but c'mon DJI.  Why this retrograde design with the Mini 3??

Seems to be a manufacturing thing as some people are reporting its fine.
2022-6-7
Use props
RS-YVR
lvl.1
Canada

I've found spudgers work great for removing the SD card in both the Mini 3 and controller, and are just the right size to keep in your bag. Spudgers are the plastic pry bars (often shaped like a guitar pick) you use for opening enclosures like when repairing phones.
2022-6-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules