Mini 3 Pro Micro SD Card fitting and removal.
19384 115 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cHUDBSp39Rqm
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Quick easy tool to make.... Snap a u shape car fuse in  half then but the blade into a wire connector ... Perfect little tool for removing the cards
2022-6-20
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can't say I've noticed it as an issue on the Mini 3.  Seems to babe able the same as the Mini 1 and Mini 2?

Now the Mavic 3, without removing the battery, that is a fiddle, especially with it's gimp mask half on.  I use tweezers for that, LOL.
2022-6-20
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

wy make DJI the form like this form easy put and get the card
2022-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 6-20 10:22
Can't say I've noticed it as an issue on the Mini 3.  Seems to babe able the same as the Mini 1 and Mini 2?

Now the Mavic 3, without removing the battery, that is a fiddle, especially with it's gimp mask half on.  I use tweezers for that, LOL.

From the responses Ive had about the tool there indeed appears to be a manufacturing deviation out there,  some are bad and others OK,  and of course some people have longer nails.  It does seem that the ones that are hard to eject don't have the range issues
2022-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andre vd Weide Posted at 6-20 10:38
wy make DJI the form like this form easy put and get the card[view_image]

Not sure I can make out what that is Andre?
2022-6-20
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-20 23:06
Not sure I can make out what that is Andre?

its a sd card holder with a little round form so you can use your finger with out problem and then it easy to get the card in and out
2022-6-20
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-20 23:06
From the responses Ive had about the tool there indeed appears to be a manufacturing deviation out there,  some are bad and others OK,  and of course some people have longer nails.  It does seem that the ones that are hard to eject don't have the range issues

I wouldn't expect too much deviation in manufacturing around that area, but guess its borderline enough that even the tiniest difference can make a difference.  Also, maybe as its similar to previous Mini models, maybe I subconsciously have acquired a knack.  Certainly seems to be a regular concern for quite a few people, so must be something going on.

Now the DJI RC SD card, I do find that more of a fiddle, but that's more trying to keep the flap out of the way when dealing with the card.
2022-6-21
Use props
fansb33840b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11974544 ft
United States

I’ve sent my new mini 3 back to DJI twice because the microSD card would only go in half way and jam.
2022-6-21
Use props
fansb33840b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11974544 ft
United States

I’ve sent my new mini 3 back to DJI twice because the microSD card would only go in half way and jam. I’m reading on another site that the card needs to be inserted with the contacts facing up. https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mini-3-sd-card-issue.127329/
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb33840b0 Posted at 6-21 20:52
I’ve sent my new mini 3 back to DJI twice because the microSD card would only go in half way and jam. I’m reading on another site that the card needs to be inserted with the contacts facing up. https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mini-3-sd-card-issue.127329/

Yes the card is fitted upside down. Same as the Mavic 2.
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 6-21 04:28
I wouldn't expect too much deviation in manufacturing around that area, but guess its borderline enough that even the tiniest difference can make a difference.  Also, maybe as its similar to previous Mini models, maybe I subconsciously have acquired a knack.  Certainly seems to be a regular concern for quite a few people, so must be something going on.

Now the DJI RC SD card, I do find that more of a fiddle, but that's more trying to keep the flap out of the way when dealing with the card.

I had the same issue with the remote,   but I found I could use the SD card from the drone to push the sd cards into the remote.
2022-6-21
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 22:04
I had the same issue with the remote,   but I found I could use the SD card from the drone to push the sd cards into the remote.

Thats a tip worth remembering, thanks

That said, I'm normally only removing it at home to get stuff off it, where I have access to all sorts or pens, rulers, tweezers, screwdrivers and the other assorted guff littering my desk where I do that sort of thing, LOL.
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 6-21 23:15
Thats a tip worth remembering, thanks

That said, I'm normally only removing it at home to get stuff off it, where I have access to all sorts or pens, rulers, tweezers, screwdrivers and the other assorted guff littering my desk where I do that sort of thing, LOL.

Me too, just on this occasion Id taken the cards out with me and was in the middle of a field when I put them in for the first time,   the SD card in the remote will rarely be removed,   in fact unless they fix the app to cache photos etc it was a pretty pointless purchase.
2022-6-21
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:19
Me too, just on this occasion Id taken the cards out with me and was in the middle of a field when I put them in for the first time,   the SD card in the remote will rarely be removed,   in fact unless they fix the app to cache photos etc it was a pretty pointless purchase.

Mine only has the card in for the very, very rare occasions I screen record.  And the only spare I had was 128GB, which is a bit extravagant just for that!  But it says in there as a "just in case"
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 6-21 23:28
Mine only has the card in for the very, very rare occasions I screen record.  And the only spare I had was 128GB, which is a bit extravagant just for that!  But it says in there as a "just in case"

Funny mine was a spare 128gb too,   Ive moved to 256gb cards in the drone these days.  
2022-6-21
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:30
Funny mine was a spare 128gb too,   Ive moved to 256gb cards in the drone these days.

Thats exactly my I have a bundle of spare 128GB cards here as well.  At 4k (or higher) 60fps, 256Gb cards are needed now.  And each of my drones has at least 2 spare cards, so if I'm away for a weekend, I don't have to worry about taking a laptop to remove all the video and photos off.

When not taking photos, I tend to always have mine recording video, and have captured some great shots unexpectedly by doing this.  So I get through the available space quite quickly - about 30GB a flight on the Mavic 3, and about 20GB on the Mini 3.
2022-6-21
Use props
djiuser_3cIMxpPasNkF
lvl.1

Canada

The slot on the RC and the drone are difficult to use. Unlike my Phantom which is a smooth enter and eject, these new slots take multiple tries for a guy with 'fat' fingers. I'll have to get a kid to do it for me.
2022-7-12
Use props
Teebaybay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21745 ft
United States

I use the gimble cover to eject the SD Card from the drone
2022-7-12
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I haven't gotten a chance to read the whole thread, but wanted to share what I try to carry with me and use to remove SD cards. I think it's advertised as sim card removal tool, but it works great for micro SD cards on Mini 3 Pro and other drones and only costs $5, please see below:

https://www.amazon.com/Removal-E ... /dp/B06X9CTJ68?th=1

Thanks, Mike.
2022-7-12
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Leave the card in and transfer to my phone wirelessly

Read some people had issues with the slot not retaining the card I.e. slot went faulty
2022-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mzp Posted at 7-12 11:51
I haven't gotten a chance to read the whole thread, but wanted to share what I try to carry with me and use to remove SD cards. I think it's advertised as sim card removal tool, but it works great for micro SD cards on Mini 3 Pro and other drones and only costs $5, please see below:

https://www.amazon.com/Removal-Ejector-iSYFIX-Samsung-Smartphone/dp/B06X9CTJ68?th=1

I hope you use the round end.
2022-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 7-12 11:57
Leave the card in and transfer to my phone wirelessly

Read some people had issues with the slot not retaining the card I.e. slot went faulty

Not really an option if you want the DNG's/SRT etc.
2022-7-12
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-12 22:39
I hope you use the round end.

I actually use the pin end, but that's a good point DAFlys, thank you. I will try the other way around with the round end as I noticed I am making small dents on the area of the SD card that I push with it.
2022-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mzp Posted at 7-13 06:04
I actually use the pin end, but that's a good point DAFlys, thank you. I will try the other way around with the round end as I noticed I am making small dents on the area of the SD card that I push with it.

First time I tried I used a key and it left a small mark since then I’m using a tool cut from an old membership card but a credit card also works.
See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=265115&pid=2745896
2022-7-13
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-13 06:10
First time I tried I used a key and it left a small mark since then I’m using a tool cut from an old membership card but a credit card also works.
See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=265115&pid=2745896

Like your tool DAFlys. Thank you for sharing, I might do the same!
2022-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mzp Posted at 7-13 06:22
Like your tool DAFlys. Thank you for sharing, I might do the same!

You could make one with something like a Pringles lid and scissors.
2022-7-13
Use props
Kaski
lvl.2

United States

A plastic card,  like a credit card or other thin
card works well.
Just use the corner.  
2022-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kaski Posted at 7-13 23:41
A plastic card,  like a credit card or other thin
card works well.
Just use the corner.

That's always an option,   but I don't carry a physical wallet anymore,  its all in my watch these days so its nicer to have something small that I can leave in the bag.
2022-7-13
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 813307 ft
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 12:04
Nah.  I will laser cut one in the morning and if it works I’ll share the files for free here.

Thanks so far, although I always got my SD Card in and out without any problems.
2022-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ElleKN Posted at 7-14 00:38
Thanks so far, although I always got my SD Card in and out without any problems.

There seems to be a batch that had the slot to far inside the housing,   not all have the issue.  
2022-7-14
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-13 22:43
You could make one with something like a Pringles lid and scissors.

Good idea, thank you DAFlys. Mine is not that bad though, it's not as deep as I guess other people have, I mean when I have longer nails I am able to get it in and out just by pushing it with my nails.
2022-7-14
Use props
Drone Sketcher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122241 ft
United States

I bought this before my drone arrived just in case
The nub was a little too thick so I filed it down a bit to make it work

But now most of the time I actually use my thumbnail

https://www.phantomhelp.com/store/micro-sd-card-removal-tool/
2022-7-14
Use props
Kaski
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-13 23:58
That's always an option,   but I don't carry a physical wallet anymore,  its all in my watch these days so its nicer to have something small that I can leave in the bag.
I threw a plastic card I got from a restaurant in my bag.  It's free and big enough to not get lost.  You could even cut the card into a smaller tool if it's too big.  

I guess if you had to take the card out a lot while in the field,  a specialized tool may help?
2022-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kaski Posted at 7-14 07:34
I threw a plastic card I got from a restaurant in my bag.  It's free and big enough to not get lost.  

I guess if you had to take the card out a lot while in the field,  a specialized tool may help?

I’m swapping cards after each flight so I keep that footage safe if something happens to the drone.   It wasn’t a problem with the mavic2 pro as the go4?app downloads all your video/photos as you go.  
2022-7-14
Use props
TortugaRescue
lvl.1
United States

They must have corrected the problem. I just received my new Mini Pro3 and after reading the many comments on the sd extraction concerns, I checked my new Pro3 and found that the sd card was easily extracted with the nail on my right index finger which is about 1/16" long. Didn't trim the nail just for the card. I tried it several times and it worked every time.
Thanks for the alert.
2022-7-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TortugaRescue Posted at 7-30 08:09
They must have corrected the problem. I just received my new Mini Pro3 and after reading the many comments on the sd extraction concerns, I checked my new Pro3 and found that the sd card was easily extracted with the nail on my right index finger which is about 1/16" long. Didn't trim the nail just for the card. I tried it several times and it worked every time.
Thanks for the alert.

I think it depends someone I know got one last week and it also has the issue.
2022-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules