P1 Camera Lens Infinity Issue
2720 9 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CKSAviator#1
New

United Kingdom

Has anyone had to calibrate the Camera to take care of a Lens Infinity Focus issue?
Ive followed the prompts but its having none of it
2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know if there is an error message on the screen? Please provide a screenshot of the issue for further confirmation.
2022-5-17
Use props
CKSAviator#1
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 5-17 20:05
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. May I know if there is an error message on the screen? Please provide a screenshot of the issue for further confirmation.

Hi, ive attached 2 pics of the error message.

The camera is blurry at any height and it wont calibrate

thanks
2022-5-18
Use props
Soporte Geotop
lvl.2
  • >>>
Peru

Hi CKSAviator#1 and Susan.

We are tending the same contatiempo. Please can you tell me the solution, thank you.
2022-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CKSAviator#1 Posted at 5-18 00:35
[view_image][view_image]

Hi, ive attached 2 pics of the error message.

Hi there, I am deeply sorry for the belated reply. May I know if there is another lens for testing to see if this is related to the lens? With this issue, we may suggest that you send the camera and lens back for further diagnosis.

Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair
We will do our best to help this out.
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Soporte Geotop Posted at 5-25 05:50
Hi CKSAviator#1 and Susan.

We are tending the same contatiempo. Please can you tell me the solution, thank you.

Hi there, could you please also provide the screenshot of your issue and the operations you have done for double-checking?
If it is exactly the same as the OP, it is suggested to send the lens and camera in for a further diagnosis.
2022-5-29
Use props
NSK Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2022-5-29 19:11
Hi there, could you please also provide the screenshot of your issue and the operations you have done for double-checking?
If it is exactly the same as the OP, it is suggested to send the lens and camera in for a further diagnosis.

We had "an incident" with our original P1, and got a new one from DJI Repair Center. Upon first power-up the firmware check required an update, which we did. Following that we got the same error as CKSAviator #1 above. No interchangeable lenses to try, just the 35mm. Unreasonable to expect to have to send back a brand new lens, unless of course DJI provided us with a defective one against our Care contract. I think the chance of that is quite low, although not zero. The firmware statement "Go to Camera Settings>Calibrate" needs work, as there is no path within the Smart Controller that affords a Settings>Calibration screen for the P1. There are Gimbal calibration and reset screens only.
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NSK Drones Posted at 6-16 19:51
We had "an incident" with our original P1, and got a new one from DJI Repair Center. Upon first power-up the firmware check required an update, which we did. Following that we got the same error as CKSAviator #1 above. No interchangeable lenses to try, just the 35mm. Unreasonable to expect to have to send back a brand new lens, unless of course DJI provided us with a defective one against our Care contract. I think the chance of that is quite low, although not zero. The firmware statement "Go to Camera Settings>Calibrate" needs work, as there is no path within the Smart Controller that affords a Settings>Calibration screen for the P1. There are Gimbal calibration and reset screens only.

Hi there, I am deeply sorry for the belated reply and the inconvenience caused. Regarding the lens calibration issue, could you please confirm the current firmware installed on the drone and P1 camera?
You may try to remove and install the lens and calibrate it.
To calibrate the lens, please tap the three dashed on the app to enter MENU, and the three dots, and there is a calibration option. Then take off the drone to 102 meters (335ft)'s height, and start the calibration, adjust the camera angle to -90 degrees, tap the screen to focus on the texture.
See if this helps.
If it is convenient, please also tell me the previous service case number, I will take a note.
2023-6-19
Use props
NSK Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-19 05:39
Hi there, I am deeply sorry for the belated reply and the inconvenience caused. Regarding the lens calibration issue, could you please confirm the current firmware installed on the drone and P1 camera?
You may try to remove and install the lens and calibrate it.
To calibrate the lens, please tap the three dashed on the app to enter MENU, and the three dots, and there is a calibration option. Then take off the drone to 102 meters (335ft)'s height, and start the calibration, adjust the camera angle to -90 degrees, tap the screen to focus on the texture.

I gave up looking too soon before my last post, my apologies. Further investigation revealed the location of the Camera->Calibrate section. Within Pilot 2 on my Smart Controller, once I got to the flight screen, I found a panel for tools to adjust camera settings. Opened it, found the ellipsis (...) upper right, opened it, found another ellipsis, opened it, scrolled to the bottom, and found camera calibration settings. Buried quite deeply! I did the infinity focus from there, focusing on my vehicle in a sand lot from 350' AGL, and it worked fine. I no longer have the complaint on the screen.
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NSK Drones Posted at 6-22 09:24
I gave up looking too soon before my last post, my apologies. Further investigation revealed the location of the Camera->Calibrate section. Within Pilot 2 on my Smart Controller, once I got to the flight screen, I found a panel for tools to adjust camera settings. Opened it, found the ellipsis (...) upper right, opened it, found another ellipsis, opened it, scrolled to the bottom, and found camera calibration settings. Buried quite deeply! I did the infinity focus from there, focusing on my vehicle in a sand lot from 350' AGL, and it worked fine. I no longer have the complaint on the screen.

Thank you very much for your update on this, I am happy to hear that you have got it worked at the end. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
2023-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules