Should I buy the FPV combo now or wait?
1541 9 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've been contemplating buying the FPV set for a while but still on the fence as to whether I should get one. It is now on sale at both Amazon and DJI.com and at a good price. My concern is, in the past, whenever I bought DJI 'gadgets', very quickly there is a new version and the old equipment is quickly rendered obsolete. No, I am not looking for advice in the form 'Buy now and Enjoy'. What I'm asking is:
1. Are there any plans/rumors for a newer/updated FPV system?
2. What are the major shortcomings of the current offering?
3. Why I should get one today and/or why I should wait?

Thank You
-JB

2022-5-17
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

2. Camera: dynamic range and stabilizing. crash resistance. 3. They have been around 250 or 300 bucks off. So it might be worth just to get the goggles (that are 600+ by themselves) to fly other digital fpv drones. There are rumors of new goggles but one never knows if they are backwards compatible. If you already have other (digital) fpv drones, I'd wait. If you want to get an easy entrance into fpv, I'd go for it now.
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rumour is a DJI cine whoop is coming.
2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there -JB. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products releases and with regards to this matter. In addition for as long as the DJI product is still available on the DJI's official online store, DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you.
2022-5-17
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

3. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. If you want it, and the money isn't pivotal on something else, I'd do it. It's a whole lot of fun.
2022-5-19
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you ALL. I ended up getting it. It'll arrive tomorrow from Amazon (faster delivery than DJI)
2022-5-19
Use props
Doc FlEye
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-17 19:24
Hello there -JB. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products releases and with regards to this matter. In addition for as long as the DJI product is still available on the DJI's official online store, DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you.

That EQUALS: "IF WE ARE NOT STILL SELLING IT, WE ARE NOT STILL SUPPORTING IT!"  ; (
2022-5-19
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Doc FlEye Posted at 5-19 18:16
That EQUALS: "IF WE ARE NOT STILL SELLING IT, WE ARE NOT STILL SUPPORTING IT!"  ; (

Having the two-year Care Refresh plan tells you something.
2022-5-20
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JB63 Posted at 5-19 17:21
Thank you ALL. I ended up getting it. It'll arrive tomorrow from Amazon (faster delivery than DJI)

Congratulations, you'll love it. I find that I end a long day ripping over the forests without a care. It's quite therapeutic once you get the hang of its' flight characteristics.  
2022-5-20
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 5-20 05:53
Congratulations, you'll love it. I find that I end a long day ripping over the forests without a care. It's quite therapeutic once you get the hang of its' flight characteristics.

Yes, I've been flying other drones (Phantom 3 and Mavic Air) and after a while it's a bit boring (unless the scenery is different). I feel/hope the DJI FPV will be more 'energetic'. This weekend will tell. Cheers
2022-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules