Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:28
DC Rainmaker answered that,  he said the NDA doesnt not explicitly say no range tests but it does say you have to obey local laws.

They go hand in hand then, cant do one without the other

I certainly won't buy the Mini 3 pro on the basis that it can do what the Mini 2 can, not when its OC3, we should expect it to exceed the Mini 2 by a reasonable margin.
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-17 23:35
They go hand in hand then, cant do one without the other

I certainly won't buy the Mini 3 pro on the basis that it can do what the Mini 2 can, not when its OC3, we should expect it to exceed the Mini 2 by a reasonable margin.

You do get a much smoother video feed with O3.  
2022-5-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-17 23:35
They go hand in hand then, cant do one without the other

I certainly won't buy the Mini 3 pro on the basis that it can do what the Mini 2 can, not when its OC3, we should expect it to exceed the Mini 2 by a reasonable margin.

But ignoring the range it will do loads more than the Mini 2. Go on splash the cash you know you want to
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-17 15:03
Good Job “spoil them while you can ;+)” sounds like a great trip. Still plenty of summer when you get back to use it . I also split my order FMC to arrive 05/06 all good .

Definitely nice to spoil them when you can.  

Seems like shipments/availability in the US/Canada are lagging UK/EU by 2 weeks.
2022-5-18
Use props
Bayou7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349163 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 11:21
I sent you a private message.    Not good discussing ranges over 500m in public.

Why? What will happen if discussed in public?
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bayou7 Posted at 5-18 04:05
Why? What will happen if discussed in public?

We have a strict rule here for not being able to fly over 500m.
2022-5-18
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-17 20:43
Yes all sounds disappointing to me. None of the so called influencers have said this yet. Sad as that is misleading the public and if they knew they should be ashamed of themselves

DJI cannot claim 8KM range if it can't get anywhere near this. That will amount to False advertising. Everyone with a Mini 3 needs to contact support and moan at them about the poor range which not always about maximum distance but having a solid connection without drop-outs when flying within the local laws.
2022-5-18
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

I'm waiting for my M3 Pro & RC to arrive tomorrow. To be honest strength and reliable of signal is most important to me as what i use my drone for is looking at scenery and landscapes.

And to be completely honest range im not that bothered about, i currently use my mini 2 in FCC mode and i want to try my mini 2 controller with the M3 Pro to see how it performs. I was hoping that the new DJI RC would be able to deliver a stronger signal using new technology. I really like the RC controller, built in screen etc but signal strength is key to me and an absolute priority to me flying drones.
2022-5-18
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm in the UK, so CE rules.

My experiences are matching an earlier post, its only marginally better than my DJI Mavic Mini 1, and not a patch on what the DJI Mini 2 can achieve in the same location.

Very, very disappointed, as its basically unusable. So will either get returned, or sat on the shelf in the hope DJI can fix this with firmware.
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_el8ZrMJKGxvK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82313 ft
United Kingdom

All the tests for the mini 3 pro range are so bad  in Europe and some fcc countries . I have a month wait for delivery and if this issue is not fixed by then I will cancel my order and purchase the autel which performs great in the same test environment as the mini 3 pro

Only 300m range in some videos . This is Unacceptable  and false advertising. DJI should be ashamed! Ocusync 3 does nothing

Even a video on a abandoned air runway with no interference shows really bad performance at only 400m . You can’t get a more perfect scenario than a abandoned runway in the middle of nowhere to conduct a range test and the mini 3 pro fails miserably
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-17 11:16
I will have next week and I can test rurally with both RC and RC-N1. Surprised at it being this bad. There is another test going around with 5000 m and he also matched it with RC-N1. Although why anyone would fly this drone 5000m away is a bit beyond me .

Well I do i live on a 2000 acres cattle farm and I have a cattle pen 4 klm from my station and my air 2s does it with ease only the battery life stops me from going any further. So los for me is not a issue in out back Australia. Also our regulations are not that strict here. Cheers
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 04:12

What is the point of having a forum if you can't speak your mind. If vlos is a issue why do they make drones that have 8 or 12 or 18klm range just make fly no further than 300 m i can't see my mini after 250 m.may be coz  in Australia the drone rules are not that strict. And im in Central Australiay nearest neighbour is 140klm away
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux Posted at 5-18 23:49
What is the point of having a forum if you can't speak your mind. If vlos is a issue why do they make drones that have 8 or 12 or 18klm range just make fly no further than 300 m i can't see my mini after 250 m.may be coz  in Australia the drone rules are not that strict. And im in Central Australiay nearest neighbour is 140klm away

The forum rules dont prohibit it,  I just dont want the authorities seeing it.  
2022-5-18
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

So i have an Air 2S and was looking to buy the new Mini 3 Pro with de Dji RC remote.
But after watching all this issues with signal stability and range i will put my buy on old for now.
I must say that i saw a range test on youtube with the RC N1 and no diference in range distance, so is something related to the drone.
There are 2 more things that i find unacceptable. First the lack of the extended batteries in Europe, second the Very High temperatures the drone reaches just doing a firmware update... come on DJI ... a message like "cpu overheating" when we are upgrading firmware is not very assuring...
2 weeks ago i was pretty shure that the new Mini 3 Pro will be my next drone, but now not even close.I really thought DJI had nailed it this time but i was wrong.
2022-5-18
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm not looking to fly mine far - not outside of VLOS at least. My main concern is signal strength.
The reason why I like to hear about long range is purely because it means the signal will be stronger at 'normal' VLOS range. I hope that's still true!
2022-5-19
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does the firmware that was released 17th May address any of the issue regarding poor signal/range?
2022-5-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 5-19 01:10
Does the firmware that was released 17th May address any of the issue regarding poor signal/range?

I have not seen anything to suggest this, but I've also heard that 3km was achieved in CE mode (UK)
2022-5-19
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Bashy Posted at 5-19 01:13
I have not seen anything to suggest this, but I've also heard that 3km was achieved in CE mode (UK)

Have havent seen nothing, not even close to that. Can you share where you heard that?
2022-5-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-19 02:37
Have havent seen nothing, not even close to that. Can you share where you heard that?

No, sorry, he wants to keep it quiet for obvious reasons, but he may PM you as im sure he will see this...
2022-5-19
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Exib Posted at 5-19 01:10

Doesn't seem so, my firmware is the latest and is still giving range equivalent to the Mini 1.
2022-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 23:50
The forum rules dont prohibit it,  I just dont want the authorities seeing it.

Maybe post Bad, Fair, Good, V Good, Excellent….
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 07:57
Maybe post Bad, Fair, Good, V Good, Excellent….

How about same as my mini2 but with a stronger and smoother video signal.
2022-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 07:58
How about same as my mini2 but with a stronger and smoother video signal.

Thanks daflys, I think that sounds pretty positive . So there is hope for the RC.
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249249 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 12:11
Done.   It doesn’t pay to discuss range in public.

Can you DM me and tell me why one shouldn't discuss range in public?  I'm new here.
2022-5-19
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:38
You do get a much smoother video feed with O3.

Not with the Mini 3, as it goes way too stuttery at about 300m urban.  So whilst the Mini 2's feed might not look as sexy, its far smoother as soon as you leave your garden.

The Mini 2 looks like remaining to be my go-to urban drone, even though the camera isn't as good.  Not interested in any of the other pointless gimmicks on the Mini 3, does anybody ever use them?
2022-5-19
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 08:00
Thanks daflys, I think that sounds pretty positive . So there is hope for the RC.

I'm not experiencing that, Its a little bit better than my Mini 1, but not as good as my Mini 2. Noticably nowhere near as good. Which matches what others are saying, hence the shear amount of noise about range on forums and youtube.
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 5-19 09:09
Not with the Mini 3, as it goes way too stuttery at about 300m urban.  So whilst the Mini 2's feed might not look as sexy, its far smoother as soon as you leave your garden.

The Mini 2 looks like remaining to be my go-to urban drone, even though the camera isn't as good.  Not interested in any of the other pointless gimmicks on the Mini 3, does anybody ever use them?

Honestly.   That’s not my experience at all.    And it's finally nice to have sosomething under 250g wher the gimbal can maintain -90 degrees.  
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN Posted at 5-19 08:29
Can you DM me and tell me why one shouldn't discuss range in public?  I'm new here.

You probably can but in EU vlos is defined as <500m so any admittance of exceeding that might cause local aviation bodies to moan if they see it.  
2022-5-19
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 09:18
You probably can but in EU vlos is defined as

This is a global forum.
Which authority in the world would look for violations in messages posted by unknown posters from unknown locations with no proof?    Unless someone want to hand over hard evidence by posting a video and exposing the identity and location.
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nosnoop Posted at 5-19 09:40
This is a global forum.
Which authority in the world would look for violations in messages posted by unknown posters from unknown locations with no proof?    Unless someone want to hand over hard evidence by posting a video and exposing the identity and location.

Your location is shown next to your forum name.   They’ve already gone after YouTubers so I personally prefer not to discuss.  Everyone else can do as they wish.
2022-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

TheBoy Posted at 5-19 09:13
I'm not experiencing that, Its a little bit better than my Mini 1, but not as good as my Mini 2. Noticably nowhere near as good. Which matches what others are saying, hence the shear amount of noise about range on forums and youtube.

It may still need tweaking, maybe FW update.
2022-5-19
Use props
Swoop999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

djiuser_el8ZrMJKGxvK Posted at 5-18 07:19
All the tests for the mini 3 pro range are so bad  in Europe and some fcc countries . I have a month wait for delivery and if this issue is not fixed by then I will cancel my order and purchase the autel which performs great in the same test environment as the mini 3 pro

Only 300m range in some videos . This is Unacceptable  and false advertising. DJI should be ashamed! Ocusync 3 does nothing

That video worried me, in the middle of nowhere and he couldn't get to the end of the disused runway.
My M3P is on hold until things look better.
2022-5-19
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 04:12

Are you stating its a strict rule in this forum ? Or do you mean in the uk, be more clear. This is a forum for all, to discuss DJI drones. Personally I am against breaking the CAA drone rules.
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-19 10:34
Are you stating its a strict rule in this forum ? Or do you mean in the uk, be more clear. This is a forum for all, to discuss DJI drones. Personally I am against breaking the CAA drone rules.

I mean the EU/U.K.  CAA state the VLOS is less than 500 meters.  I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.  
2022-5-19
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

After watching the test videos done by other people, I am worrying about the signal range of Mini 3 pro, I think I will cancel my order.
So disappointed again from DJI, please make sure your product work well before you launch it
2022-5-19
Use props
Falcoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370965 ft
United States

Dennis Hung Posted at 5-19 11:19
After watching the test videos done by other people, I am worrying about the signal range of Mini 3 pro, I think I will cancel my order.
So disappointed again from DJI, please make sure your product work well before you launch it

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Mini 3. Dji doesn't want their customers to fly any further out than ~500 meters with THEIR drone. Dji seems to prefer pandering to governments rather than to their customers.
2022-5-19
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

Well, Of course DJI have the right to prefer pandering to governments rather than to their customers, but as the customer, if the brand make me uphappy, I have the right to cancel the order
2022-5-19
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I'm not too bothered about the lack of overall range but for a set up that is marketed at 8km I expect the video tx to be rock solid at more common usage distances, and there's a lot of video evidence currently showing that's not the case.

I've not had the opportunity to try mine out yet so I have no personal experience to go on so I'm still hopeful it's going to be fine in my use case
2022-5-19
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Small update. Got in a few more quick flights around the house. On average I would say I'm seeing signal breakup around 300 meters out flying at 30m altitude in any direction. My area would be mostly rural - fields, trees, a few houses. Definitely not built up.

Tried a few tricks like putting my phone and the RC on aeroplane mode. No difference. Made sure to have RC aligned with the drone etc.

Range is directly comparable to my Mini 1. It's a shame because the drone is fantastic to fly in every other respect. Just wish it would...you know....fly more.

2022-5-19
Use props
Evangeline
lvl.3

United States

Thank you for posting this real-world feedback regarding range. I will withhold my judgement until there is a larger sampling. Having experienced DJI gremlins with a similar all-in-one controller,  I will wait to hear more feedback to see if the range with the basic RC-N1 for Mini 3 is any better.
2022-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules