3436 14 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark7841
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352792 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new M30 is a great little brother to the M300. Each has it's use but the M30 has the far superior controller. I'm told the new controller is linkable to the M300 but I'm hesitant to try it because I don't want it to unlink from the M30. Has anyone messed with this yet? And DJI folks out there please confirm the New Enterprise m30 controller can link to the 300? How do I get Pilot 2 onto my Android Tablet? I don't see the APK out there anywhere

2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the M30 series remote controller (RC) will be compatible with the Matrice 300 RTK in the future. It is not yet supported. Thank you for your attention.
2022-5-17
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft
Netherlands

Any news on the compatability of the M30 controller with the M300
2023-1-2
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

Almost a year and DJI hasn't made it compatible, how is this not possible. I have one I would love to use because the controller the M300 comes with is ok but slow and too small.
2023-1-11
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

Whats the update here....

Shocking it has taken this long and still not compatible....
2023-1-16
Use props
kapchur.us
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1248743 ft
  • >>>
United States

SPECULATION: PERHAPS there's a M300 updated model coming out... M310?  . Please announce the new drone before I purchase the M300.  Thanks LOL
2023-1-25
Use props
Golafs
New

Iceland

Any news on the compatibility of the M30 controller with the M300?
We have 2 M300 drones and have bought 2 M30 remotes, because the update "was just coming", but still can not use them.
2023-4-5
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Golafs Posted at 4-5 05:10
Any news on the compatibility of the M30 controller with the M300?
We have 2 M300 drones and have bought 2 M30 remotes, because the update "was just coming", but still can not use them.

You bought the RCs assuming the update would arrive?

The moderator said the update should arrive, he didn't say when.

I'm afraid you invested a little too quickly.  Sell ​​them, the times that it is still worth something.
2023-4-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13335725 ft
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-5 05:15
You bought the RCs assuming the update would arrive?

The moderator said the update should arrive, he didn't say when.

Dude don't criticize him because he believed what DJI themselves said. No they didn't say when but it's been almost a year and don't even have an update to add? These guys have shown more patience than is necessary here in my opinion. No current Enterprise drone can share RCs with one another between platforms. The M30 and the M3E both use Ocusync 3 Enterprise but cannot share controllers. The M300 uses Ocusync 1 Enterprise but apparently has potential to be compatible with RC Plus? None of this make sense and DJI is even confusing themselves at this point.
2023-4-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Another side note that I find interesting: I can't find a single mention online of an Ocusync 2 Enterprise. If I missed one then please correct me. This leads me to believe that all these names are just exactly that, names. Used mostly for marketing to make a product sound new and Superior to the one before it. Also to have something to point at as a reason for incompatibility. Like APAS 5.0 or 6.0 I don't even remember what the newest version is. Doesn't matter anyways because even though the m3e has it it lacks active track that's a whole thing was designed for. Like I've said it on a different thread the real reason drones with the same transmission protocol are still incompatible with the same RCs is because they have a different Pilot 2 for each drone. It would require having two versions of the same app installed. So instead of admitting or addressing this design flaw they just keep it simple and claim the RCs aren't compatible.
2023-4-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-5 21:39
Dude don't criticize him because he believed what DJI themselves said. No they didn't say when but it's been almost a year and don't even have an update to add? These guys have shown more patience than is necessary here in my opinion. No current Enterprise drone can share RCs with one another between platforms. The M30 and the M3E both use Ocusync 3 Enterprise but cannot share controllers. The M300 uses Ocusync 1 Enterprise but apparently has potential to be compatible with RC Plus? None of this make sense and DJI is even confusing themselves at this point.

This is more advice than criticism.  
Selling them now while they are in brand new condition.

I'm willing to bet that radio compatibility will never be revised.  On the other hand what could happen is the release of a new model of the Enterprise range, like the successor to the Matrice 300, which could be accompanied by a RC compatible with all previous models.  

About ten years ago Futaba and Spektrum did exactly the same thing.
2023-4-6
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-6 07:54
This is more advice than criticism.  
Selling them now while they are in brand new condition.

I agree with you that DJI will never make the RCs workable across platforms. Even though they assured us it would happen on this very thread, it's not the first time or the last time they've lied to us. Remember when they said the Mavic 3 SDK would be released? Yea there's plenty of people that still have that fresh in their memories. That lie will be a stain on DJI's credibility for many years to come, and rightfully so. Your prediction of a future RC that is compatible with all previous Enterprise models is unrealistically optimistic. They haven't released a single RC with ANY cross compatibility so what gives you a crazy idea that they might make one that works with all? The M300 is almost 3 years old now so it is due for an upgrade. It is such a well built tank of a drone though that it'll take something really amazing to make people want to upgrade. I know I give DJI a hard time a lot but the M300 is such a bulletproof drone and they deserve credit for how well built it is.
2023-4-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-6 11:35
I agree with you that DJI will never make the RCs workable across platforms. Even though they assured us it would happen on this very thread, it's not the first time or the last time they've lied to us. Remember when they said the Mavic 3 SDK would be released? Yea there's plenty of people that still have that fresh in their memories. That lie will be a stain on DJI's credibility for many years to come, and rightfully so. Your prediction of a future RC that is compatible with all previous Enterprise models is unrealistically optimistic. They haven't released a single RC with ANY cross compatibility so what gives you a crazy idea that they might make one that works with all? The M300 is almost 3 years old now so it is due for an upgrade. It is such a well built tank of a drone though that it'll take something really amazing to make people want to upgrade. I know I give DJI a hard time a lot but the M300 is such a bulletproof drone and they deserve credit for how well built it is.

I'm just basing it on what happened with Futaba and Spektrum, pure expectation.
I'm not worried, they're probably strong enough to lay us an O4 Enterprise++ compatible with nothing previously purchase.

It is what it is !

For the M300 I completely agree. It is the Rolls of any payload lower than 2kg. I can put almost anything on it, LiDAR, Hyperspectral camera, Gas sensor... Ideal.

2023-4-6
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

There has been some very solid reasoning shared here...

Thank you everyone for keeping this thread going.

2023-5-3
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

kapchur.us Posted at 1-25 07:59
SPECULATION: PERHAPS there's a M300 updated model coming out... M310?  . Please announce the new drone before I purchase the M300.  Thanks LOL

M350...coming out very soon
2023-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules