Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action Officially Deprecated?
767 3 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jayee
lvl.1
United States

As the title states, is the Osmo Action officially deprecated from DJI? I was really hoping to see them improve the sensor's widescreen capabilities to mimic closer to GoPro's "superview" but I'd guess any future updates to their firmware is a shot in the dark at this point, right?

It would be amazing if DJI continued to push out firmware updates for the original Osmo Action as that would go to show how DJI treats their "legacy" customers and that would differentiate the importance of the support they put behind their products.

Maybe it's just all wishful thinking at this point. I really like my OA and I don't want to spend $300-400 on a Hero10. The OA2, while chock full of features/improvements, is horrible for my day-to-day use because of the dual design.

2022-5-17
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Me and many others still hope they will make Action 3 like the good old Osmo Action.
I love my Osmo Action but have actually bought Gopro 10, but it is not good in low light compared to Osmo Action + terrible battery life + never know when it record or not (suddenly stop record etc.)

So I guess we just have to wait and see, I think earliest we know in October.
2022-5-17
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJI   matured the camera as far as it can go, I guess, and like said A3,  maybe they cam do a 5.7K action camera. for gopro low light, turn off the Hypersmooth and you get low light shot, adjust protunes you get low light shots
2022-5-18
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 5-18 02:50
DJI   matured the camera as far as it can go, I guess, and like said A3,  maybe they cam do a 5.7K action camera. for gopro low light, turn off the Hypersmooth and you get low light shot, adjust protunes you get low light shots

But with the gopro the whole clip is just blurry even when on tripod
2022-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules