How to adjust EV steps in AEB, it's a PRO model where is the option?
6245 29 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neodraig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145020 ft
France

Hello,
Can someone point me where can I find the settings to adjust the EV steps in AEB mode.
I can adjust the number of photos taken (3-5) but I can't find the settings for adjusting the EV steps.
Are the default steps 0.7 EV ? This would be ridiculous for HDR photography as at best using 5 photos we'd have +- 1.4 EV.
The specs says:

Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 2/3 EV Bias

So again, this is a PRO model, where are the EV steps settings, where can I set +-2 EV ?
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You cannot change the exposure,  thats preset in the firmware by DJI.  
2022-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, when the camera is in Pro mode (which means the camera is in manual mode), the EV is not adjustable. Only in Auto mode, the EV value is adjustable.
2022-5-18
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

DJI Susan Posted at 5-18 05:26
Hi there, when the camera is in Pro mode (which means the camera is in manual mode), the EV is not adjustable. Only in Auto mode, the EV value is adjustable.

I didn't see the option to adjust the EV value in auto mode, could you please tell me where it is ?
2022-5-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

neodraig Posted at 5-18 06:41
I didn't see the option to adjust the EV value in auto mode, could you please tell me where it is ?

There is no ability to adjust it.
All you can have is intervals of+/- 0.7EV
2022-5-18
Use props
Sharp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571634 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EV for AEB doesn’t exist in the official DJI app at all for the Mini 3, or the Mini 2.

However, since DJI released the SDK for the Mini 2, third party developers have included EV in AEB mode. For example, in Litchi, I use +/-2 for AEB bracketing with my Mini 2 quote often.

So chances are, the only time you will see the Mini 3 offering this is when DJI release the SDK and someone else like Litchi get hold of it. Took well over 1 year for DJI to release the SDK though for the mini 2.
2022-5-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

None of the "pro" models have had the option to alter the EV steps.  Not even the main mavic range.

It makes the entire function pretty pointless as 0.7 (likely 0.66 stops reality) is too small.

To get useful backets you need to shoot manually.  Thats been the case on all the mavic range, air range and mini.

2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

neodraig Posted at 5-18 06:41

EV is adjustable in Auto mode under AEB, it is on the bottom right corner of the app, tap the EV to adjust the settings. Please let me know if I misunderstood the case.  
2022-5-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 5-19 18:37
EV is adjustable in Auto mode under AEB, it is on the bottom right corner of the app, tap the EV to adjust the settings. Please let me know if I misunderstood the case.  [view_image][view_image]

For a PRO model, is needed to have an adjustment of steps in AEB by user....so we can define if we need + - 1 or 2 steps.
This is what was demanded by users.
Cheers.
2022-5-19
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

DJI Susan Posted at 5-19 18:37
EV is adjustable in Auto mode under AEB, it is on the bottom right corner of the app, tap the EV to adjust the settings. Please let me know if I misunderstood the case.  [view_image][view_image]

Thanks but I don't think this is the right setting for the AEB EV steps, this is the general EV setting.
What we need is a setting to adjust the the EV steps in AEB mode.

At the moment, from what I've learned, the steps are only +-0.7EV, so if you take a set of photos in AEB mode you'll get at best :
  • 1 photo at -1.4EV
  • 1 photo at -0.7EV
  • 1 photo at 0EV
  • 1 photo at +0.7EV
  • 1 photo at +1.4EV

What we need is on option to adjust the steps up to +-2EV in the AEB mode to get automaticly:

• 1 photo at -4EV
  • 1 photo at -2EV
  • 1 photo at 0EV
  • 1 photo at +2EV
  • 1 photo at +4EV

I'll try again what you propose (I don't have my drone with me at the moment), but I believe it's not the right setting.

2022-5-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-19 22:24
For a PRO model, is needed to have an adjustment of steps in AEB by user....so we can define if we need + - 1 or 2 steps.
This is what was demanded by users.
Cheers.

Users have been demanding it since at least 2016.

It aint going to happen.  Just bracket manually.
2022-5-20
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

gnirtS Posted at 5-20 02:34
Users have been demanding it since at least 2016.

It aint going to happen.  Just bracket manually.

So it's a good reason to keep asking.
This feature would be really easy to implement, why is Dji is so stubborn and doesn't add it to it's drones, especially when they have the PRO moniker ?
2022-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

neodraig Posted at 5-19 23:51
Thanks but I don't think this is the right setting for the AEB EV steps, this is the general EV setting.
What we need is a setting to adjust the the EV steps in AEB mode.

Hi there, sorry for the misunderstanding, the EV steps/intervals can not be adjusted under AEB shooting. Your request will be noted and forwarded to our engineers' notices.
2022-5-21
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

DJI Susan Posted at 5-21 01:49
Hi there, sorry for the misunderstanding, the EV steps/intervals can not be adjusted under AEB shooting. Your request will be noted and forwarded to our engineers' notices.

Thank you.
2022-5-21
Use props
jeffgauthier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1578967 ft
United States

2/3 is the same as .7
2022-7-26
Use props
djiuser_ubBecHnIpX4v
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2022-5-21 01:49

Guys. We need this NOW please. Thank you.
2023-2-8
Use props
Gooner21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1903340 ft
Australia

How is still not an option in the year 2023

sometimes 5 is too many depending on what you shoot  (moving clouds in a storm or traffic), I just want to set 3 at EV0, +1 and -1 for example
2023-3-23
Use props
TonDaron
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157841 ft
France

Hi DJI, I'm a professinal photgrapher and for me, exposure bracketting is very important for aerial photography/real estate/architecture. Althought dji drones tends to be steady, we need to burst the brackets images quickly for the camera not to move to much between the first and the fith image.
AEB is a real thing and we need it. But not this joke 0.7EV increments. Especially with the low dynamic of dji's drone raw pictures. We need to be able to set the steps.
We are in 2023, and I discover this thread... please do something. Manual bracketing is not an option on a camera that is (even) slightly moving.
2023-4-28
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

TonDaron Posted at 4-28 12:22
Hi DJI, I'm a professinal photgrapher and for me, exposure bracketting is very important for aerial photography/real estate/architecture. Althought dji drones tends to be steady, we need to burst the brackets images quickly for the camera not to move to much between the first and the fith image.
AEB is a real thing and we need it. But not this joke 0.7EV increments. Especially with the low dynamic of dji's drone raw pictures. We need to be able to set the steps.
We are in 2023, and I discover this thread... please do something. Manual bracketing is not an option on a camera that is (even) slightly moving.

100% agree. We need a greater range.
2023-4-28
Use props
adub
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76089 ft
United States

Adding to the mix. Yes, this is ridiculous. We need this immediately.
2023-10-20
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

Agreed.
I find myself using 5 shots just to get the maximum range available.
But would rather just use 3 with bigger steps.
Surely this would not be hard to do with an FW update.
2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

adub Posted at 10-20 21:32
Adding to the mix. Yes, this is ridiculous. We need this immediately.

Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-10-23
Use props
djiuser_i82mY6tgH5DN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98950 ft
  • >>>
United States

Add me to the list of people who would like to have more control over AEB.... I use the drone more for it's photographic abilities
2023-10-24
Use props
Garett Wisesan
lvl.1

United States

Ditto.  Add me to the list of those wanting to see this change ASAP.  I, like many other use the DJI drone for still photography only.

If DJI doesn't do this fast, a smart competitor will add this feature and steal still photographers from DJI.  With RE being a large group of it's pro users, I'm guessing this will be a significant loss to DJI.  Come on guys, get with it!!
2023-12-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Garett Wisesan Posted at 12-19 17:37
Ditto.  Add me to the list of those wanting to see this change ASAP.  I, like many other use the DJI drone for still photography only.

If DJI doesn't do this fast, a smart competitor will add this feature and steal still photographers from DJI.  With RE being a large group of it's pro users, I'm guessing this will be a significant loss to DJI.  Come on guys, get with it!!

If DJI doesn't do this fast, a smart competitor will add this feature and steal still photographers from DJI.
That could only happen if there was a smart competitor.
As yet, there isn't even a dumb one.
2023-12-19
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

Still nothing for such an easy modification at the end of 2023.
2023-12-24
Use props
fansf24d871e
New
Flight distance : 456106 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I was looking at how to change the settings in AEB, and here we are in 2024.
2-26 20:12
Use props
Awym11
lvl.1

Poland

Yeah, add me to that long waiting list too. It is so dissapointing the way it is now. Totally agree with @TonDarron here.
4-6 05:21
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

They simply don't want..,. For a reason..
4-7 00:27
Use props
fanse11352f4
lvl.3
France

relaxosmo Posted at 4-7 00:27
They simply don't want..,. For a reason..
When Sony first released its NEX/Alpha line, there was the same problem.
After a while they were sensible enough to add that highly requested feature.
Now I really can't understand why DJI doesn't doesn't do it. It's been requested for years, it's just a software update and it really shouldn't be difficult to implement.
Shame on you DJI !!!
4-7 02:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules