Air 2 & Air 2S have internal storage, repurpose that for Waypoints!
1423 7 2022-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

DJI has been giving excuses not to implement Waypoints into newer drones, the most common one is a hardware limitation, that they don't have the board that stores the waypoints.
Listen up! While newer drones don't have the board to store waypoints, they DO have Internal Storage that can be repurposed for storing waypoints. And you can't say now that it is not fast or big enough, because 8GB is definitely, surely big enough for storing waypoints, and definitely fast enough because if it is good enough for 4K video, it is good enough for waypoints too. Another thing I noticed, is you introduced Hyperlapse Waypoints, they work somehow, and they are stored somewhere, right? So you can use the same storage that you use for hyperlapse waypoints to store regular waypoints.

So... what's your excuse now, DJI?
2022-5-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

While newer drones don't have the board to store waypoints, they DO have Internal Storage that can be repurposed for storing waypoints.
Maybe you don't know as much as you think about what's actually required and why the current economy drones don't have waypoint capability.
Plenty of DJI's earlier models with no large internal memory manage waypoints very well.
That suggests that internal memory isn't the limiting factor.
2022-5-18
Use props
JeanbHarmon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101467 ft
Israel

Totally agree
2023-1-2
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

Oh my God!

Please add waypoints so we can stop hearing people whine about it, DJI!

The forum is being ruined.
2023-1-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-2 10:12
Oh my God!

Please add waypoints so we can stop hearing people whine about it, DJI!

All the "whining" resulted in the M3 series getting waypoints. The 2S is more than capable!!
2023-1-2
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Austria

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-2 11:20
All the "whining" resulted in the M3 series getting waypoints. The 2S is more than capable!!

Exactly! And the Air 2 is also more than capable, so come on DJI, DO IT!!
2023-1-2
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Whilst I would really love this, its just not going to happen.  We've been begging since the MA2 was released...  its the old upsell thing...
2023-1-12
Use props
Spartan1980
lvl.1

United States

Fantastic post! I've been passionately requesting DJI to reintroduce native waypoint support on their new drones ever since they removed this feature after the original Mavic Air. For me, a drone lacking native waypoints and full autonomous flight capabilities doesn't feel like a complete drone at all – it's more like a kite! I apologize for being blunt, but native waypoints are an absolute necessity. This is why I made the tough decision to sell my DJI Air 2 and switch to the EXO Mini SE, which offers native waypoint missions.

The significance of this feature cannot be overstated, and it matters greatly to many people. DJI must listen to their customers and bring back native waypoint support. I've been a loyal customer and owned nearly every DJI drone available, so it was disheartening to see them discontinue this vital functionality.

I'm curious if the new Air 3 includes native waypoint support. I know they have waypoints, but it's unclear whether it's virtual stick or native. Ideally, DJI should develop a real winner like the Mavic Mini 3 Pro or Mini 4, weighing under 250g, and fully supporting native waypoints. DJI, are you paying attention? That's precisely what we're looking for – no excuses, just make it happen! Unless DJI wants us to consider moving to Hubsan and EXO drones, they need to prioritize this feature and meet their customers' demands.
2023-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules