16207 269 2022-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

TheBoy Posted at 5-18 05:26
Hmmm, my experiences after the first flight.  I am in the UK, so we get CE rules on the power output.

I would have to say, whether in Dual or locked to 2.4GHz, I'm getting marginally better than my DJI Mavic Mini 1 on range.  Signal starting to get iffy at about 350m, and disconnecting by about 500m, at a height of 53m, with perfect line of sight.  Test was right on the edge of town, so over fields, but not rural.

I'm seeing exactly the same - comparable range to the Mini 1. The improvement is really in the quality of transmission. It will be pretty solid right until it cuts out, but it cuts out roughly around the same distance as the Mini 1.

Add me to the list of hoping it's just a FW issue.
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyBoo Posted at 5-18 08:26
I'm seeing exactly the same - comparable range to the Mini 1. The improvement is really in the quality of transmission. It will be pretty solid right until it cuts out, but it cuts out roughly around the same distance as the Mini 1.

Add me to the list of hoping it's just a FW issue.

Have you reported it to support@dji.com the more that do the better the outcome...
2022-5-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 5-18 08:03
Don't insist on that 8km.
This is in the ideal and  perfect world with the right temperature, humidity, airpressure and no blocking by obsticals nor any other radio interference.

Ok, lets make this simple...

8000 meters.
500 meters.
2500 meters.

First being it's listed range.
Second being where people seem to get to before having issues.
Third being the max (ish) that the guy in the first video I posted got to.

If DJI list a drone that has 8000 meter range, I expect it to get 8000 meters. (EDIT: Or at least close to that stated range, in average flight conditions, not less than 50% of it's stated range).
2022-5-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-18 08:31
Have you reported it to  the more that do the better the outcome...

I know you're asking the other guy, but yes, I spoke to DJI earlier today about this and they said they'll get back to me via email.
2022-5-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Tested today in town, 3 people in different towns....
After 450 meters it goes to red and loose signal.
With Air2S I never had issues for 2000m in town.
All of us have RC with screen.
Damn it DJI...
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-18 09:38
Tested today in town, 3 people in different towns....
After 450 meters it goes to red and loose signal.
With Air2S I never had issues for 2000m in town.

Have you tried with RC-N1?
2022-5-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 09:45

We don't have RC N1.
Have you found in DJI description that is needed N1 in order to fly more than 500m in cities? Because I cannot find any specs related to new RC and the fact that is lower range than N1....
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-18 09:48
We don't have RC N1.
Have you found in DJI description that is needed N1 in order to fly more than 500m in cities? Because I cannot find any specs related to new RC and the fact that is lower range than N1....

No I haven’t. but if it can fly normally and further then you will know the problem is with the new RC and not a problem with antennas and signal on the craft. If its the same with RC-N1 then it may not be a problem with the RC… and finding this out is pretty simple, trying as you are to get answers from dji will be near impossible.
2022-5-18
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 09:45

Anecdotally  from what I've seen so far the range is the same with both remotes on the Mini 3.

Just looked at the box and the "flagship level transmission" of 12km FHD is one of the top selling points listed. Very strange.
2022-5-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 10:08
No I haven’t. but if it can fly normally and further then you will know the problem is with the new RC and not a problem with antennas and signal on the craft. If its the same with RC-N1 then it may not be a problem with the RC… and finding this out is pretty simple, trying as you are to get answers from dji will be near impossible.

Seems that DAFlys made a flight with N1 and reception is worst than new RC...
So can be the drone signal that is not OK, not the controller...
And this is not a good news.
2022-5-18
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Having had three DJI drones, I was very pleased with Mavic Pro, Mavic2pro, did n't buy Mavic3pro (Far too expensive) and the Mini 2, experience and patientence has reduced my original eagerness to buy at release to sit back, ignore Youtube influencers, ignore some forum reporters.

I sold the M2P due to regulations uk, I am waiting to buy the Maviic Mini 3 Pro, but waiting till I have concise agreements that it is what it is.

The range seems to be an issue with the RC controller, the RC controller lacks functions that can be achieved with my S10+ or my Tab S8 11".

Early buyers enjoy your new Mavic 3 pro, I hope DJI sort the issues very soon that are reported in forums and Youtube.

I will carry on for now with my Mini 2, but temptation is going to be severly restrained for hopefully just a few more weeks.
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-18 10:18
Seems that DAFlys made a flight with N1 and reception is worst than new RC...
So can be the drone signal that is not OK, not the controller...
And this is not a good news.

No you have that wrong, his RC was better than the RC-N1. I think Daflys is not publishing just how far he flew his drone on RC. His prerogative.
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyBoo Posted at 5-18 10:16
Anecdotally  from what I've seen so far the range is the same with both remotes on the Mini 3.

Just looked at the box and the "flagship level transmission" of 12km FHD is one of the top selling points listed. Very strange.

Its not 12km its 8km. And thats under perfect conditions. However it should with Ocysync 3 (O3) the signal should be very strong a lot further than 500m. Maybe its just FW that needs tweaking..
2022-5-18
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I treated the claimed max distance (battery life) and remote transmission range in much the same way I'd treat a car manufacturer's claim of fuel economy, knowing real world ambient conditions play a huge part in reality. However, if I were getting 15mpg from a car that had claims of 50mpg on the sales bumf, I'd have the hump, as I will also have with glitchy transmission at ranges as close as we are seeing the last couple of days.
2022-5-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-18 09:48
We don't have RC N1.

Relying on the specs in the manual, both RC's have the same specs.
The only difference is the antenna design and as well in the drone it self
2022-5-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI have always had perfect customer service for myself. I've even said that on social media when people say bad things about DJI. So I'm hoping they'll make some sort of reply, on here, on an announcement or news, soon.

Come on, DJI, we still love you <3
2022-5-18
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 10:30
Its not 12km its 8km. And thats under perfect conditions. However it should with Ocysync 3 (O3) the signal should be very strong a lot further than 500m. Maybe its just FW that needs tweaking..

I know I'm just quoting the box. Here in Europe the box still says 12km with the caveat of that being FCC in the fine print.
2022-5-18
Use props
F.B.
lvl.2

Italy

At least here in Europe, this kind of drone must fly in VLOS only, and I dare anyone at spotting a 15cm grey object in the sky, further away than 200 meters or so.
Seriously folks, why in the world would you need a drone to fly 10km away from you?
2022-5-18
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Found this on the Chinese DJI Forum page

14km Mini pro 3 Flight
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bussty Posted at 5-18 12:24
Found this on the Chinese DJI Forum page

14km Mini pro 3 Flight

With which RC.
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

F.B. Posted at 5-18 12:20
At least here in Europe, this kind of drone must fly in VLOS only, and I dare anyone at spotting a 15cm grey object in the sky, further away than 200 meters or so.
Seriously folks, why in the world would you need a drone to fly 10km away from you?

I think its not so much about distance for most. But having very strong signal is paramount. I know some will and do like long distance flying and you’re probably right about that.
2022-5-18
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Have no idea... but clearly would be very useful to know. It's hard work with the language difference understanding exactly what is going on on those forums.
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_7NCdUHj7VriN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

I am following this thread as I am wanting to purchase a M3P but these reported issues relating to distance connectivity concerns me.
Let’s see how things go.
2022-5-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Bussty Posted at 5-18 12:24
Found this on the Chinese DJI Forum page

14km Mini pro 3 Flight

Too good to be true.
But time will show.
2022-5-18
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

From the comments, it was mentioned that he used the DJI RC and the extended battery.
Total flight time was 35min.
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nosnoop Posted at 5-18 14:19
From the comments, it was mentioned that he used the DJI RC and the extended battery.
Total flight time was 35min.

Cheers thank you for that.
2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

At least here in Europe, this kind of drone must fly in VLOS only, and I dare anyone at spotting a 15cm grey object in the sky, further away than 200 meters or so.

im not the best flyer so it's probably me but im going to go out on a limb and say you cannot easily create this sort of video with a drone which can only fly out for 500 -1500 meters unless you have a lot of time and a lot of climbing and hiking skills.

2022-5-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

8km **

Because it says we can.
I normally like to get what is advertised.
DJI list it as 8000 meter range, it does 2300 m max and has issues from 500 meters.
That's a bit of a problem.
And yes, signal strength is the biggest issue here.
2022-5-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also guys,

I live near some big beaches. Will be getting the girlfriend to go far whilst i fly to her (keeping it in los).

I will post back on here with the results.
2022-5-18
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

here is a test which seems to point to a little better range with the rcn1 controller compared to the smart one...

2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i think it is disingenuous to make a claim under perfect conditions when perfect conditions are practically unachievable.  fine, if you can get relatively close to those conditions then fine.  it's marketing (not scientific) but there are rules and guideline.  personally, i would only post numbers that people can get (sometimes) and have at least some scientific basis and that most likely will include some testing.  that's like samsung saying you can get 9 weeks on a mobile phone battery but that's only if you turn off all the radios (but there is no setting to turn off all the radios) or that's only if you phone is located within 2 feet of a multi-spectral dedicated cellphone tower.  imo we cannot let number get inflated for the purposes to deceiving the consumer.  if i were autel, i would challenge those numbers.
2022-5-18
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is a bit worrying, he is using the RC-N1. Possibly a faulty drone or maybe due to overheating (as suggested in the comments), but worrying nevertheless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW3YzwYsA5w
2022-5-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RalUK Posted at 5-18 15:31
This is a bit worrying, he is using the RC-N1. Possibly a faulty drone or maybe due to overheating (as suggested in the comments), but worrying nevertheless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW3YzwYsA5w

Yes, that's not good.

Thanks for sharing the video.

DJI really need to give us an update on this. If anyone see's anything from DJI, please add it to this thread.
2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nice, quite a few new m2 long range videos popping up on yt...bragging
2022-5-18
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-18 06:27
oh really?  dji stated under which conditions you get max range, it didn't say anything about around and around in a 50 meter circular path around you.  are you saying dji has resorted to a different definition of the max range for this particular drone as opposed to it's previous drones (because this hasn't always been the definition)?  you really think dji would resort to that sort of marketing trickery?

Distance does not equal range
2022-5-18
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Height seems to make a difference, the lower you're the more ground based interference you'll pick up. The following Video is in Chinese with the Mi3P being flown in Hong Kong. At ~60 meters, it went out about .8km before dropping to 3 bars periodically and manage to get it out to 1km by raising it to ~90 meters. He then went out in another direction and it got to about 2km but have to raise it to 190 meters. He said that the Mini 2 seems to do better but it might be in a different location.

2022-5-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-18 16:35
Height seems to make a difference, the lower you're the more ground based interference you'll pick up. The following Video is in Chinese with the Mi3P being flown in Hong Kong. At ~60 meters, it went out about .8km before dropping to 3 bars periodically and manage to get it out to 1km by raising it to ~90 meters. He then went out in another direction and it got to about 2km but have to raise it to 190 meters. He said that the Mini 2 seems to do better but it might be in a different location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mjd8dYxD7w&t=1s&ab_channel=WestP

Interesting.

Just watched his video. Around 930m (10:10 in video) he seems to have signal issues.

I see he manages to get it to around 2000m which I'd be happy with. (and with the pro screen rc).

Again, I am in the UK and I have no intention of flying that far, it's more that I hate signal issues. Like, it really annoys / upsets me. I'd hate to get the mini3pro (gets delivered today) and to have issues with the signal.

But as i say, I will record the first flight and post the results to this thread / another new thread, depending on what happens.

Thanks for sharing the video.
2022-5-18
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-18 16:47
Interesting.

Just watched his video. Around 930m (10:10 in video) he seems to have signal issues.

Yea, Signal lost leads to heart attack :-P
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At least here in Europe, this kind of drone must fly in VLOS only, and I dare anyone at spotting a 15cm grey object in the sky, further away than 200 meters or so.

Ive already had this discussion with i think his name is, dcrainmaker, who says he can see it at 1300m

EDIT:changed form 1500 to 1300, i was mistaken.
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 5-18 15:05
here is a test which seems to point to a little better range with the rcn1 controller compared to the smart one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU8ZGBQMALU

If that was a N1 vs new Screen rc then how come it has the controller indicator on the radar? not to mention he's pointing the wrong way, 90º away from the drone, unless he's sat in his car, that will throw off the indicator.

I am confused though, DAFlys has the screen remote and his does not have the blue controller indicator, he thinks its cause there's no GPS in the screened controller
2022-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules