Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 12:43
I think its not so much about distance for most. But having very strong signal is paramount. I know some will and do like long distance flying and you’re probably right about that.

Suffice to say, that my 1st objective would be to "test" it if i do ever get one, once complete and I'm happy then there will be no reason to "test" it again unless of course, it failed the "test"....
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

F.B. Posted at 5-18 12:20
At least here in Europe, this kind of drone must fly in VLOS only, and I dare anyone at spotting a 15cm grey object in the sky, further away than 200 meters or so.
Seriously folks, why in the world would you need a drone to fly 10km away from you?

This guy can see his at 1300m

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =264878&pid=2744740

OOPS, forgot i had already mentioned this, but at least i gave a link this time, i don't mind losing 2 points if the Mods wasn't to remove the other reply
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-18 04:51
Here's another example of the signal problem. https://youtu.be/i0w05TcOQvk

I mean, look at the comments on that video, literally everyone is having signal issues right away!

I believe that the is a design flaw in the drone and the rc pro.   if no fw can improve it then
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-18 07:11
What? That makes no sense.

DJI list/sell the mini 3 Pro with a range of 18,000 meters. But loads of people can't get past 500 meters without a signal issue.
He must be high dji specs are distance 1,not circulation and what they changed the diffinition of distance.,,dji need to own up on this issue otherwise its false advertising. And it is distance because it also states the 18k distance in 1080p.if it was flying around in circles upto 18k well then why is it 1080p and not 4k 60.
2022-5-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dragonfyr. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your new DJI Mini 3 Pro to a location or in an open area with less interference and please stay within the line of sight. In addition please be mindful of the location where steel structures and concrete slabs are located when flying your DJI Mini 3 Pro. These structures can caused signal interference when flying your DJI drone and could lead to an unwanted incident. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-5-18
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 05:32
That flight distance isn’t range.  It could be clocked up flying a 200m circle.  It’s like saying a full tank of petrol in this car can go 200 miles.  Now that could be around town or 200 miles away.

I very valid point.
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux Posted at 5-18 20:54
He must be high dji specs are distance 1,not circulation and what they changed the diffinition of distance.,,dji need to own up on this issue otherwise its false advertising. And it is distance because it also states the 18k distance in 1080p.if it was flying around in circles upto 18k well then why is it 1080p and not 4k 60.

You are mistaking range for battery range, thats what the 18km is, battery range, i.e. have far you could fly in theory with the battery, not RC signal, please refer to the transmission specs of the RC in the specs section on DJI.com
2022-5-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

F.B. Posted at 5-18 12:20
At least here in Europe, this kind of drone must fly in VLOS only, and I dare anyone at spotting a 15cm grey object in the sky, further away than 200 meters or so.
Seriously folks, why in the world would you need a drone to fly 10km away from you?

Why do you think we need 10km?
We need 2 km in order to have a clear video feed at 1km....in city.
Outside, can be a clear signal for 2-3km, never got far than this.
2022-5-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-18 21:19
Hello there Dragonfyr. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your new DJI Mini 3 Pro to a location or in an open area with less interference and please stay within the line of sight. In addition please be mindful of the location where steel structures and concrete slabs are located when flying your DJI Mini 3 Pro. These structures can caused signal interference when flying your DJI drone and could lead to an unwanted incident. Thank you and fly safe always.

Dear Stephen,
Stop saying stupid things, I have tested it in both city and outside, in city you get 400m and signal drops to 0, outside after 1300-1500 m already is in red and have video issues...
So go sing something else related to the environment and ....
2022-5-18
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Just a thought and if wrong, please correct me.

Is there any difference in transmitting power on the RC 1n and the RC and the drone? Or are they all the
same and per specifications to standards in say Eu for that frequency and power is allowed to be used?

Do Understand right, that the signal strength displayed on the phone or the controller is the signal from
the drones transmitter. If so, could the distance or range from the controller have anything to do with
the signal from the drone and not from the controller? I guess that this could also have something to
do with the placements of the antennas.

If the specs for the drone transmitter power and RCs are identical, then it should not have to do with
which remote controller is used.

Could DJI have reduced the power without telling us that they have done this, just to make sure we will
be in the range of sight??? Just another thought.

Would it not be possible to measure the field strength some how for drone or RCs to see what it is on a
certain distance from the antennas?

Compared to some of the other models of DJI drones that I have seen distance records for, there seams
to be a huge difference in distance between them and the Mini 2 or Mini 2 P drone and the RC.
2022-5-18
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-18 14:56
im not the best flyer so it's probably me but im going to go out on a limb and say you cannot easily create this sort of video with a drone which can only fly out for 500 -1500 meters unless you have a lot of time and a lot of climbing and hiking skills.

https://youtu.be/j9WF1bHeouI

WOW what an amazing video
2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I will be doing just that, fly and test the M3P, and will post the results here.

I will try to replicate those conditions and of course, I will always fly safely.

Thanks,
Dragonfyr.
2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just had a missed call from DJI. Not sure if it was about this or not, but they hung up / didn't speak when I answered.
((Edit: I did call them back but just got through to a gentleman saying the same 'fly safe' rules etc.))
And i literally just received an email from DJI, guessing it was this person 'Rhodz' that tried calling.

Guessing from this email, they still think everything is ok... we'll soon see. Will test tomorrow.

2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-18 19:54
This guy can see his at 1300m

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =264878&pid=2744740

His signal begins to drop at 479m (2:24 / 2:38 / 3:14).

Edit, do you mean he is able to physically see it at that distance? Pretty impressive if he can
2022-5-19
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

I believe the point is not how far the Mini 3 can fly, but how much the signal is strong.
Looking at the poor range, I would be rather concerned about the signal strength.
2022-5-19
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Bashy Posted at 5-18 18:43
If that was a N1 vs new Screen rc then how come it has the controller indicator on the radar? not to mention he's pointing the wrong way, 90º away from the drone, unless he's sat in his car, that will throw off the indicator.

I am confused though, DAFlys has the screen remote and his does not have the blue controller indicator, he thinks its cause there's no GPS in the screened controller

well i don't think there will be a controller that lacks anything in comparison to the phone. i doubt there is no gps in the controller, as to if it is calibrated properly is another story. I doubt anybody would go to such lengths to create a fake video....
2022-5-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-19 04:27
His signal begins to drop at 479m (2:24 / 2:38 / 3:14).

Edit, do you mean he is able to physically see it at that distance? Pretty impressive if he can

Yep, says he can see it at that distance, i cant see my Phantom 4 Pro past 600m and that's if i keep my eye on it, if i take my eyes off even at 3 or 400m its gone... lol
2022-5-19
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-18 05:10
I'm just going off their product specifications. I have no intention of flying it 18km, but if it can't even maintain a strong signal after 500 meters, that's an issue.[Image]
This information is not the distance from the remote control to the drone, but the flight distance that can be covered with one battery, e.g.  always in a circle, 500 meters away from the pilot...

Sorry,
as I only now see, this has been explained correctly "1000 times"......
2022-5-19
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 05:32
That flight distance isn’t range.  It could be clocked up flying a 200m circle.  It’s like saying a full tank of petrol in this car can go 200 miles.  Now that could be around town or 200 miles away.

... absolutely correct!
2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 5-19 06:55
This information is not the distance from the remote control to the drone, but the flight distance that can be covered with one battery, e.g.  always in a circle, 500 meters away from the pilot...

Sorry,
You're correct. That has already been explained / made clear.

2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-19 06:41
Yep, says he can see it at that distance, i cant see my Phantom 4 Pro past 600m and that's if i keep my eye on it, if i take my eyes off even at 3 or 400m its gone... lol

Yea, what the hell lol. Terminator vision!
2022-5-19
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

New flight test by the guy in Hong Kong with Mini 2 and Mini 3 from same location and same flight path using the RC-N1. Manage to get out to 3km at 150 meters on both but Mi3P seems to have more video transmission problem.  Signal strength on the Mi3P seems to be depending on the body orientation to the transmitter as the video dropout/freeze seems to change as he was panning around. Both drone made it back safely though.

I was thinking that it might be the new Antenna setup on the Mi3P body after watching his video from yesterday as the signal strength change as he turns the Mi3P in different direction. This just confirms that. Now we need to see if this is something they can improve this in firmware or there is some physical limitation from the antenna location.
He's going to do a range test between the RC-N1 and DJI RC on the Mi3P next, we can probably expect a video tomorrow or the next day.

2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 5-19 06:58
... absolutely correct!

Cheers frankymusik.  
2022-5-19
Use props
Danveal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

If that was a N1 vs new Screen rc then how come it has the controller indicator on the radar? not to mention he's pointing the wrong way, 90º away from the drone, unless he's sat in his car, that will throw off the indicator.

I am confused though, DAFlys has the screen remote and his does not have the blue controller indicator, he thinks its cause there's no GPS in the screened controller

Hi,
I made that video. The indicator of how the RC monitor is oriented is wrong I probably have to calibrate its compass. I assure you that both  the RC-N1 and  the RC monitor I always kept the antennas correctly oriented. It is a test that I made specifically to understand the efficiency of the two systems
2022-5-19
Use props
Danveal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

If that was a N1 vs new Screen rc then how come it has the controller indicator on the radar? not to mention he's pointing the wrong way, 90º away from the drone, unless he's sat in his car, that will throw off the indicator.

T  This is the RC monitor. As you can see, the blue indicator is also present here
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tonight flying my mini 3 properly for the 1st time with the new rc controller in the middle of the flight the screen turned red, not blanket red I could still see the over exposure warning lines but thr black lines were red along with everything else. I had to land and switch off the controller and the drone and restart to get rid of it. It never happened again but it was pretty worrying as you couldn't navigate from the screen. Lol one of those times where vlos was a blessing
2022-5-19
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

Dear Stephen,
Please stop saying the stupid thing, just look at this guy, he test it on a runway, there have no steel structures and concrete slabs on the flight path, please see how poor of the signal range.....

2022-5-19
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ Posted at 5-19 11:33
Tonight flying my mini 3 properly for the 1st time with the new rc controller in the middle of the flight the screen turned red, not blanket red I could still see the over exposure warning lines but thr black lines were red along with everything else. I had to land and switch off the controller and the drone and restart to get rid of it. It never happened again but it was pretty worrying as you couldn't navigate from the screen. Lol one of those times where vlos was a blessing

Could this be to do with the manual focus overlay?
2022-5-19
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

By chance I discovered this post from Vietnam. Almost unbelievable that the fellow wants to have covered 5000 m with the RC controller. Maybe the earth's magnetic field is just different in Vietnam... ;-)

2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RalUK Posted at 5-19 11:46
Could this be to do with the manual focus overlay?

Mmm that is a good point! I will investigate
2022-5-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

SPLflyer Posted at 5-19 12:23
By chance I discovered this post from Vietnam. Almost unbelievable that the fellow wants to have covered 5000 m with the RC controller. Maybe the earth's magnetic field is just different in Vietnam... ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlEKJESQ84

nothing to see here.  2k is sufficient because you never fly bvlos, right?  i mean, if eu/uk units won't go far but the rest of the world's drone all over the planet will routinely break 5k, 10k....no big deal, right?  
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_alwS1UbVcYCA
lvl.2

United States

this guy got absolutely amazing range: https://www.bilibili.com/video/B ... _history.page.click

If it were a design flaw with the drone he wouldn't be able to achieve this.  

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE!!!  This is AMAZING range!!!!!!!!!
2022-5-19
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Dennis Hung Posted at 5-19 11:42
Dear Stephen,
Please stop saying the stupid thing, just look at this guy, he test it on a runway, there have no steel structures and concrete slabs on the flight path, please see how poor of the signal range.....

Hi Dennis, these tests are not relevant to you as they use CE mode.   You can use FCC mode in Hong Kong, and you should check out a review in Hong Kong a few posts above where the poster got to 3km with Mini 3 Pro.
2022-5-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_alwS1UbVcYCA Posted at 5-19 13:53
this guy got absolutely amazing range: https://www.bilibili.com/video/B ... _history.page.click

i dont think anyone is claiming there is a design flaw.  no worries there...but could be other issues; we'll see.
2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-19 07:23
New flight test by the guy in Hong Kong with Mini 2 and Mini 3 from same location and same flight path using the RC-N1. Manage to get out to 3km at 150 meters on both but Mi3P seems to have more video transmission problem.  Signal strength on the Mi3P seems to be depending on the body orientation to the transmitter as the video dropout/freeze seems to change as he was panning around. Both drone made it back safely though.

I was thinking that it might be the new Antenna setup on the Mi3P body after watching his video from yesterday as the signal strength change as he turns the Mi3P in different direction. This just confirms that. Now we need to see if this is something they can improve this in firmware or there is some physical limitation from the antenna location.

That's really impressive. Thanks for sharing
2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Danveal Posted at 5-19 10:30
Hi,
I made that video. The indicator of how the RC monitor is oriented is wrong I probably have to calibrate its compass. I assure you that both  the RC-N1 and  the RC monitor I always kept the antennas correctly oriented. It is a test that I made specifically to understand the efficiency of the two systems

Hi there, great video. Thanks for sharing
2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_7OwTtIHNVeSZ Posted at 5-19 11:33
Tonight flying my mini 3 properly for the 1st time with the new rc controller in the middle of the flight the screen turned red, not blanket red I could still see the over exposure warning lines but thr black lines were red along with everything else. I had to land and switch off the controller and the drone and restart to get rid of it. It never happened again but it was pretty worrying as you couldn't navigate from the screen. Lol one of those times where vlos was a blessing

Wow, yea, I would have been panicking like crazy
2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 5-19 12:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlEKJESQ84

I need to see more content like this to help calm my nerves

5000 meters is completely crazy, but exactly what I'd expect from a DJI product. Just hope mine is as good... not that I'll be flying it 5k, but still, a good strong signal at a good range is all I'm asking

Thanks for sharing the video
2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_alwS1UbVcYCA Posted at 5-19 13:53

Could you link the video / content directly, or from youtube, please?

Rather not press links that I don't trust.

And I'm really happy that you're excited about your mini3pro. I hope you have plenty of nice flights I got mine today, not flying to the weekend, but I am in love with it. Like, I REALLY love it's design
2022-5-19
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update:

So I got my mini 3 pro today with the screen on the remote (what's the name for it, N1 or something?).
The fly more kit also arrived, wasn't expecting it for a couple of weeks yet.

I also purchased the DJI ND filters yesterday (wed night), they're meant to be getting delivered today (Friday)... crazy fast shipment!!

I am not flying until the weekend as I need to wait on some new memory cards arriving and the girlfriend has said she will help video'ing the flight. But as I previously said, I will share the results with you all.
2022-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules