Signal test on DJI and Autel...fair comparison...DJI, fix it !
12Next >
2070 41 2022-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI,
What would we expect from you when this appeared?
A Firmware update with boosted signal in CE, as seems to be less than others...And this is not nice.

2022-5-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Same problem in open field...where is that xx km? Even in Beta is not there....

2022-5-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Today at end of day we managed to fly ..not only in my town, but 3 owners in 3 different cities.
After 450 meters we all got red signal than disconnected.
Dji , how is this possible?
All use RC with screen, last updates.
Seems that the signal from RC is crap...
I don't have a RC N1 for testing it, but THE O3 IS A LIE OR YOUR NEW RC IS HANDICAPPED.
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

After watching that video the lack of range is very disconcerting.  
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 13:05
After watching that video the lack of range is very disconcerting.

Hey, at least yours will be FCC, whats that 4w compared to our lowly 0.4w CE, ok, that's what it was in the Phantom or Mini 2 i think so I'm sure it will be at least similar with the MM3P. So yours should perhaps be somewhat better, i have seen one in china hit 12km I think it was, i believe that's FCC. Makes me wonder if were being restricted on purpose here in the UK/EU, failing that has DJI made a booboo and actually given us 0.04w when it should be 0.4w, that would explain a lot....
2022-5-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Bashy Posted at 5-18 20:03
Hey, at least yours will be FCC, whats that 4w compared to our lowly 0.4w CE, ok, that's what it was in the Phantom or Mini 2 i think so I'm sure it will be at least similar with the MM3P. So yours should perhaps be somewhat better, i have seen one in china hit 12km I think it was, i believe that's FCC. Makes me wonder if were being restricted on purpose here in the UK/EU, failing that has DJI made a booboo and actually given us 0.04w when it should be 0.4w, that would explain a lot....

Today another test in urban area. After 350 m goes to red and video drops.
Is concerning as if you need to make a footage with large area, you need to go over 500m away to get surroundings. In this case = FAILURE
Now, you can put FCC on RC-N1, but this is not OK, as DJI advertises about a huge O3 distance, but in fact DJI is telling a BIG LIE.
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-18 22:47
Today another test in urban area. After 350 m goes to red and video drops.
Is concerning as if you need to make a footage with large area, you need to go over 500m away to get surroundings. In this case = FAILURE
Now, you can put FCC on RC-N1, but this is not OK, as DJI advertises about a huge O3 distance, but in fact DJI is telling a BIG LIE.

Yep false advertising. Im in the out back Central Australia on a cattle farm, no WiFi interference just flat desert and I used the RC n1 with my air 2s and fly out to about 5 to 7klm with no signal drop, only battery level low otherwise could easily get more distance. So im hoping that the mm3pro with a 47 flight time would would be a thing to see ,so have dji lied about the distance on the mm3pro.and how is it in the eu your power limited. Do dji make different specs for different countries. Im not technically savvy. Just don't understand how other countries have different powers out puts .
2022-5-18
Use props
Andytom69
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

guys express my personal opinion
today manufacturers indicate specifications too optimistic to expand sales to a wider audience, such as cars that can run at 300km / h when we know it can't.
. in this case, given that in the specification of the distances they must not indicate values that are too optimistic (optimistic or perhaps true in conditions of absolute absence of signal disturbances), the crucial point is that the drone must not move further than when it can be seen. in sight, with a simple guide and above all in safety for our heads.
If you work in civil protection for fires and cataclysms there are other products but also other tasks to use them
2022-5-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andytom69 Posted at 5-18 23:39
today manufacturers indicate specifications too optimistic to expand sales to a wider audience, such as cars that can run at 300km / h when we know it can't.
. in this case, given that in the specification of the distances they must not indicate values that are too optimistic (optimistic or perhaps true in conditions of absolute absence of signal disturbances), the crucial point is that the drone must not move further than when it can be seen. in sight, with a simple guide and above all in safety for our heads.

Whilst we know what youre saying, but 1000m is a far cry from the 8km stated for CE mode, many are saying 300 to 500m but i think that's in an urban setting, still, i can wee wee on that with my Mini 2 in an urban setting any day of the week, although, at least one has said to me that they've done 3km, that's much more promising and i think they may get further with the N1 and using the controller indicator on the radar to get the best alignment. So far though, this person is in a very small minority, I've only see one other thats done well, i would need to see many more before i come off the fence some...
2022-5-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Andytom69 Posted at 5-18 23:39

I have very good eyes, also can use observers, so in city a 1.5 to 2km is a MUST HAVE.
Is something we got in Air2, Air2S, Mini 2, Nano+ from Autel.
So DJI cannot come and say: Well, seems that Mini 3 is not getting in town but 400 meters...because I will return it instantly !
Also outside city there is no signal not as advertised, but not even CLOSE to false advertising.

2022-5-19
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope this is just a glitch in the firmware, no response from DJI  yet on this post
2022-5-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Exib Posted at 5-19 00:46
I hope this is just a glitch in the firmware, no response from DJI  yet on this post

We all hope this...
2022-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-18 20:03
Hey, at least yours will be FCC, whats that 4w compared to our lowly 0.4w CE, ok, that's what it was in the Phantom or Mini 2 i think so I'm sure it will be at least similar with the MM3P. So yours should perhaps be somewhat better, i have seen one in china hit 12km I think it was, i believe that's FCC. Makes me wonder if were being restricted on purpose here in the UK/EU, failing that has DJI made a booboo and actually given us 0.04w when it should be 0.4w, that would explain a lot....

Yeah, I really hope that DJI gets this issue sorted out soon.  
2022-5-19
Use props
Sharp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571634 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m curious as to what people expected to see happening. The guy is flying over entire housing estates, all of which are pumping out 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi signals.

Pretty sure that’s normal. Even the routers at ground level are fighting with each other.

I’ve a Mavic Pro 2 and a Mini 2, both have limited range in the same kind of area’s, but when I fly at home in the countryside where I live, I could easily fly so far that the range of my battery is the problem, not the signal and certinaly not the firmware.

I honestly, don’t see anything wrong here other than people’s expectations.
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_alwS1UbVcYCA
lvl.2

United States

Obviously an issue with interference in your area.

this guy got absolutely amazing range: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV16Z4y187fY?
If it were a design flaw with the drone he wouldn't be able to achieve this.  

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE!!!  This is AMAZING range!!!!!!!!!
2022-5-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Sharp Posted at 5-19 13:40
I’m curious as to what people expected to see happening. The guy is flying over entire housing estates, all of which are pumping out 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi signals.

Pretty sure that’s normal. Even the routers at ground level are fighting with each other.

Is something wrong with you....
When the drone cannot go further than 350meters in city and drops signal, is normal?
My friend, at 350 m away you cannot tell us that is normal....no modern drone had this ...ty signal.
Also OUTSIDE city is not even half as advertised.
So...if you buy a 50" TV but your image is only 30" on screen, for you is just fine, you have low expectations. )))
2022-5-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

djiuser_alwS1UbVcYCA Posted at 5-19 13:54
Obviously an issue with interference in your area.

this guy got absolutely amazing range: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV16Z4y187fY?

You are a DJI moderator undercover? )))))
Probably is an interference around all globe, as tests were made in different countries.
Even here, in Romania, we have tested it in cities at 400 km distance each other.
Even so, the signal should dynamically change the band in 2.4 GHZ on free channel by itself and not interfere with other routers and so on. (Routers that now work mostly in 5.8Ghz here, so not such interference in 2.4 Ghz band.
An Autel Evo 2 Pro is going 2km in city with no issue, and is SINGLE BAND, not even dual band!
So start writing when you test it.
2022-5-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-19 22:15
You are a DJI moderator undercover? )))))
Probably is an interference around all globe, as tests were made in different countries.
Even here, in Romania, we have tested it in cities at 400 km distance each other.

For a start, the Autel you quote is what, $2500, that's a big jump from a Mini 3, also, specs from said drone are

Transmission power
2.4~2.4835GHz
FCC/ISED:≤27dBm
SRRC/CE/MIC/RCM:≤20dBm
5.725~5.850GHz
FCC/ISED/SRRC/MIC:≤27dBm
CE/RCM:≤14dBm

That looks like dual-band to me?

Now lets have a look at the range

Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)
9km FCC, 5km CE

Its got the camera as you would expect for a $2500 product, and same with the sensors. Transmission it does not have...

I have seen some decent range tests over urban and even cities too with the Mini 3 Pro now that more are being posted, and one of those the controller was pointing into space so it should have gone a lot further had it been pointing towards the horizon, a lot of these tests out there don't even know how to use the Flight Attitude indicator to its full potential nor how to point the controller, they go hand in hand i suppose.

Re run your tests out in the open countryside, calm day, with video recording on the screen showing the Flight Attitude radar and of you so we can see how the controller is held etc and then post the outcome and we will discuss further...
2022-5-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Bashy Posted at 5-19 22:27
For a start, the Autel you quote is what, $2500, that's a big jump from a Mini 3, also, specs from said drone are

Transmission power

1. We only work with V1 Autel = SINGLE BAND, as I have told.
2. 2000 USD is because of camera and capabilities...The signal is the same in CE STANDARD !!!!!

So...reconsider what you have written!
2022-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-19 01:15
We all hope this...

I think you’ll find that some of those who got short range on first tests are now getting much better range pointing to the fact that it could be interference thats causing some to not achieve full potential of possible range.

2022-5-21
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Isn't this all a bit like the Mavic 3? The market claim for that was fastest ever GPS but no, now the Mini 3 Pro at the lower CE rating with a max distance 8km but very few even in the country are getting even half of that. It's just bad business for DJI
2022-5-21
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

I believe only what I see in my Mini3...and it is only 300-400 meters in urban area...and that's the Ugly truth...
And I don't need the 3km specified by DJi in product sheet on "high noise urban", i just need 1km of clear signal to be sure is all safe in case of any potential fly away or other nasty things...will give me time to react. At this point, to get an image of a large building, i go 300m far, but at this limit i experience disrupted video and impossible delays.
2022-5-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-21 22:04
I believe only what I see in my Mini3...and it is only 300-400 meters in urban area...and that's the Ugly truth...
And I don't need the 3km specified by DJi in product sheet on "high noise urban", i just need 1km of clear signal to be sure is all safe in case of any potential fly away or other nasty things...will give me time to react. At this point, to get an image of a large building, i go 300m far, but at this limit i experience disrupted video and impossible delays.

1st off, you didnt state v1 of the Autel, we ain't mind readers, second, its still a more expensive device, its like comparing the Mavic 2 to the Mini 3 Pro

ANother point you over look, DJI do NOT quote any signal interference distances for CE, only in FCC, but lets have a look at that shall we...

Signal Transmission Ranges
(FCC) [6] Strong Interference (urban landscape): Approx. 1.5-3 km,

Now lets compare that shall we, using the worst case as that's what you're saying, bare in mind that FCC = 4w and CE = 0.4w that's a fraction of FCC mode, the FCC stated strong interference at 1500m, is comparable to what you are seeing in CE mode at 3 to 500m, although i reckon a bit more could be squeezed from that.
2022-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Bussty Posted at 5-21 21:08
Isn't this all a bit like the Mavic 3? The market claim for that was fastest ever GPS but no, now the Mini 3 Pro at the lower CE rating with a max distance 8km but very few even in the country are getting even half of that. It's just bad business for DJI

I think this is the case with most things we buy. Cars offer excellent mileage to the gallon/litre , but if I drive my car un urban or city areas I get a lot less mileage than I get in rural areas I also get a lot less mileage if I drive at slow speeds or fast speeds. Signal is very much based on interference levels and unless these areas can be tested comprehensively then interference cannot be ruled out.
We have now. Seen many tests like the one above with excellent range we have seen the same with both RCs , so no difference there. This is not something new with dji drones almost every drone shows similar problems with range in different areas. So its more likely this is an interference problem than a signal problem.
2022-5-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will bring you attention to another CE, and its inline with what i would expect over strong interference

2022-5-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux Posted at 5-18 23:21
Yep false advertising. Im in the out back Central Australia on a cattle farm, no WiFi interference just flat desert and I used the RC n1 with my air 2s and fly out to about 5 to 7klm with no signal drop, only battery level low otherwise could easily get more distance. So im hoping that the mm3pro with a 47 flight time would would be a thing to see ,so have dji lied about the distance on the mm3pro.and how is it in the eu your power limited. Do dji make different specs for different countries. Im not technically savvy. Just don't understand how other countries have different powers out puts .

The law in the U.K. and EU only allow a certain power output on RC it is 1/10 th that of the US I think
2022-5-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-21 22:59
I think this is the case with most things we buy. Cars offer excellent mileage to the gallon/litre , but if I drive my car un urban or city areas I get a lot less than I get in rural areas I also get a lot less mileage if I drive at slow speeds or fast speeds. Signal is very much based on interference levels and unless these areas can be tested comprehensively then interference cannot be ruled out.
We have now. Seen many tests like the one above with excellent range we have seen the same with both RCs , so no difference there. This is not something new with dji drones almost every drone shows similar problems with range in different areas. So its more likely this is an interference problem than a signal problem.

Does WiFi effect you cars MPG in urban areas…………..geeeezzzz
2022-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-21 23:28
Does WiFi effect you cars MPG in urban areas…………..geeeezzzz

No it doesn’t, but many things can affect radio signal not only WiFi .
2022-5-21
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-21 22:59
I think this is the case with most things we buy. Cars offer excellent mileage to the gallon/litre , but if I drive my car un urban or city areas I get a lot less mileage than I get in rural areas I also get a lot less mileage if I drive at slow speeds or fast speeds. Signal is very much based on interference levels and unless these areas can be tested comprehensively then interference cannot be ruled out.
We have now. Seen many tests like the one above with excellent range we have seen the same with both RCs , so no difference there. This is not something new with dji drones almost every drone shows similar problems with range in different areas. So its more likely this is an interference problem than a signal problem.

Doesn't explain an Australian poster here or on Mavic Pilots literally in the middle of nowhere getting very bad range or Mini 2 pilots getting better range using O2 when Mini is supposed to have better stronger O3 and is a marketing strength in their add campaigns. Cars performance might be 10-20% out from the advert but we aren't even seeing 50% in rural areas in many cases. Just doesn't feel right... just like the M3 GPS didn't feel right...
2022-5-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From what i have seen so far, the Mini 2 is more forgiving re alignment until you get much further out, in contrast, the Mini 3 Pro is much stricter. This would make sense due to all the conflicting evidence seen on YT, some lose it around 500m, some much further as seen in just this very thread alone. I don't think its dodgy FW putting the beta aside, all should be on the same as its forced. Imagine what DJI themselves will think if they cannot replicate the issue, they will think that its an alignment problem.

I would very much like to see this myself to see whats going on but no one close by has one, only Bigplumbs.
2022-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Bussty Posted at 5-21 23:46
Doesn't explain an Australian poster here or on Mavic Pilots literally in the middle of nowhere getting very bad range or Mini 2 pilots getting better range using O2 when Mini is supposed to have better stronger O3 and is a marketing strength in their add campaigns. Cars performance might be 10-20% out from the advert but we aren't even seeing 50% in rural areas in many cases. Just doesn't feel right... just like the M3 GPS didn't feel right...

You keep ignoring those getting pretty good range, do you honestly think its just a fluke that some are getting good range and others have broken units. I have also seen this with many other dji drones phantoms and mavics. I have seen mini 1 fly further than mini2, 1 Australian flying in the country doesn’t say there is a problem with receiver in mini 3. All tests show that RC-N1 and RC will get similar range , so no problem there. The one variable we have flying drones is interference , don’t dismiss it “because it is there”. The video above is a perfect example. Day one interference and he could get no further than 500/1000m without interference, day2 he gets 3000m and could have easier gone a whole lot further, yet you throw up one unseen test from some guy and blame the drone and RC on that. It surely makes sense that if we see tests showing good signal and distance in good conditions that there is nothing broke in the RC or drone.
2022-5-22
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-22 00:05
You keep ignoring those getting pretty good range, do you honestly think its just a fluke that some are getting good range and others have broken units. I have also seen this with many other dji drones phantoms and mavics. I have seen mini 1 fly further than mini2, 1 Australian flying in the country doesn’t say there is a problem with receiver in mini 3. All tests show that RC-N1 and RC will get similar range , so no problem there. The one variable we have flying drones is interference , don’t dismiss it “because it is there”. The video above is a perfect example. Day one interference and he could get no further than 500/1000m without interference, day2 he gets 3000m and could have easier gone a whole lot further, yet you throw up one unseen test from some guy and blame the drone and RC on that. It surely makes sense that if we see tests showing good signal and distance in good conditions that there is nothing broke in the RC or drone.

Early days yet Hallmark I think we will just wait and see... Cheers Bussty
2022-5-22
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Bashy Posted at 5-21 23:59
From what i have seen so far, the Mini 2 is more forgiving re alignment until you get much further out, in contrast, the Mini 3 Pro is much stricter. This would make sense due to all the conflicting evidence seen on YT, some lose it around 500m, some much further as seen in just this very thread alone. I don't think its dodgy FW putting the beta aside, all should be on the same as its forced. Imagine what DJI themselves will think if they cannot replicate the issue, they will think that its an alignment problem.

I would very much like to see this myself to see whats going on but no one close by has one, only Bigplumbs.

Definitely seems alignment is part of the problem which is something new. Maybe DJI should have put "Requires precise antenna alignment" next to their range stats?

I'm sure this is going to get tested professionally at some point so will wait and see...
2022-5-22
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

More BS....But test don't lie...Mini 3 crap O3....so called O3....JUNK 3...

2022-5-22
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Bashy Posted at 5-21 22:38
1st off, you didnt state v1 of the Autel, we ain't mind readers, second, its still a more expensive device, its like comparing the Mavic 2 to the Mini 3 Pro

ANother point you over look, DJI do NOT quote any signal interference distances for CE, only in FCC, but lets have a look at that shall we...

CE standard is at any drone here and refers as SIGNAL POWER...
Now...as Nano+ have same CE standard, signal power is the same...and goes without problems 1.5 km away at least...
So to sustain that MINI 3 is not able to fly same as Nano as same have CE standard, practically you sustain that MINI 3 is bull... made, low quality transmission and low quality receiver, and so called O3 is a pure LIE...
Simple fact, as math don't lie.
2022-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-22 07:35

Why are you afraid to consider those drones that have reasonable signal , all of these drones above tested had similar interference resulting in similar distances. O3 does not give you better radio signal if interference is to strong , but it gives clearer video signal and this is what we are all seeing. But its signal capabilities can be seen , un rural without interference its good, in urban with less interference its still good solid and cities with high interference it will at least take you to at least the legal limits.

You either have a faulty unit or you don’t understand interference or how Ocysync works. With 03 we see a lot less latency than we did with O1 for instance or O2 but the difference in distance will always be related to how much interference there is and O1 was released in 2016 but now in 2022 I would say we have much greater interference to cope with.

If you want to fly long distance then fly in a suitable environment, if you want a stable connection within the legal flying limit in urban areas then we can see this is working as it should. Case in point “video above”
For those not getting the signal I would seriously move location and test again. The video above clearly showed that interference stopped all 3 drones flying in almost identical positions proving that interference is what causes the problem. Not the remote or the drone.
2022-5-22
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-22 23:02
Why are you afraid to consider those drones that have reasonable signal , all of these drones above tested had similar interference resulting in similar distances. O3 does not give you better radio signal if interference is to strong , but it gives clearer video signal and this is what we are all seeing. But its signal capabilities can be seen , un rural without interference its good, in urban with less interference its still good solid and cities with high interference it will at least take you to at least the legal limits.

You either have a faulty unit or you don’t understand interference or how Ocysync works. With 03 we see a lot less latency than we did with O1 for instance or O2 but the difference in distance will always be related to how much interference there is and O1 was released in 2016 but now in 2022 I would say we have much greater interference to cope with.

David,  I would be at least more happy than you if the bloody Mini3 would work properly here...As it gives me a cheap way to make some videos inside city where I do not want to risk an E2P that costs a lot more...
I will give you the video you demand, same area, 2 drones CE ONLY (as Autel cannot be hacked in FCC), and we will see the results...
I know results as I fly in my city a lot, meaning A LOT, and I know every antenna and each wire that is more than 20m above ground...And I tell you from now: MINI 3 is not sensitive to noise, but EXTRA SENSITIVE, any disturbance is killing it...so this is why the signal is so poor, no matter how much we talk here...DJI must rethink the band and how is skipping from one channel to another, as for now is WRONG !
2022-5-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-22 07:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JDq_f3iHgM

Anyone else shouting,
School, school, SCHOOL!!..... regardless if closed or not I stay away as kids may play on the grounds, I hate to film children... I think the NATS app warns about schools no?

or Horses, horses, HORSES!! f.. me, quiet or not, it can still spook them...

or just me lol i suppose this is where i may differ, i am quite a cautious flyer
2022-5-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-22 07:43
CE standard is at any drone here and refers as SIGNAL POWER...
Now...as Nano+ have same CE standard, signal power is the same...and goes without problems 1.5 km away at least...
So to sustain that MINI 3 is not able to fly same as Nano as same have CE standard, practically you sustain that MINI 3 is bull... made, low quality transmission and low quality receiver, and so called O3 is a pure LIE...

To be 100% honest, im not sure what you're saying, either way, i dont have either drone (nano or mm3p) so i cannot test, i am not so sure i ever will now, i was on the fence when the creator videos came out, now, well, that fence has pretty much tipped over, this is why i do not dive in head 1st and buy a DJI drone from release, i like to find out how it really is before i buy it.

Look at it another way, I had all the info i needed before it was even launched, the content creators gave us that, one in particular, old Mr Premature launcher lol, those gave me cause for concern re signal.

I dont care for Autel in any way so i had no clue that it may be better, it can stay better too, i would still choose DJI, its what i prefer.

As a side note, those figures stated by DJI are the maximum possible under prime conditions and not a target. I also feel that FCC figures are more reachable than our CE figures, also, DJI has not provided any CE figures of what to expect when in interference, only FCC have been quoted, but if you look at the power FCC 4w / CE 0.4w,  strong interference FCC 1500m / CE 600m would be about right (that's my figure of 600m)
2022-5-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Bashy Posted at 5-23 23:07
To be 100% honest, im not sure what you're saying, either way, i dont have either drone (nano or mm3p) so i cannot test, i am not so sure i ever will now, i was on the fence when the creator videos came out, now, well, that fence has pretty much tipped over, this is why i do not dive in head 1st and buy a DJI drone from release, i like to find out how it really is before i buy it.

Look at it another way, I had all the info i needed before it was even launched, the content creators gave us that, one in particular, old Mr Premature launcher lol, those gave me cause for concern re signal.

Well, than they were lying by omission...
As far as I remember (correct me if I am wrong), all DJI drones had specification of FCC/CE...only this one is FCC only...
Is that right?
2022-5-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules