what are you doing while waiting for it to ship to US?
1182 27 2022-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Day 1 Adventures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 3 entry optional ), Total 19 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

6.67% (2)
3.33% (1)
36.67% (11)
30.00% (9)
0.00% (0)
6.67% (2)
16.67% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why are you waiting?   I just went to the store on the 17th and bought one.
2022-5-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Why only US ?
7. Answering to goofy polls.
2022-5-18
Use props
Day 1 Adventures
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 09:54
Why are you waiting?   I just went to the store on the 17th and bought one.

not available in US no stores yet UK just started getting theirs on 5/17
2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i try to stay out of stores or other places where you have to pay sales tax.  for this drone, it's probably $90 extra if i walked into a retail store.

flying a drone is not something you can always do on the first day home from the store.  depends on weather, etc.  so unless you have a planned trip, i don't see the advantage of getting something right away vs a few days or weeks later.  the difference is only a dozen flights or less.

im glad i'm waiting, there are issues i need help with from you guys to sort out (thank you) before i even open my new drone when it arrives.  in the meantime, i have other drones to fly (and that included the superior autel nano+).
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Day 1 Adventures Posted at 5-18 11:50
not available in US no stores yet UK just started getting theirs on 5/17

Odd.  They said world wide launch was the 17th and we’ve got people here from all over the world with their new drone already.  
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 11:59
Odd.  They said world wide launch was the 17th and we’ve got people here from all over the world with their new drone already.

I'm in the same boat, US stores NOT allowed to sale yet, or that is what they are telling me.  
2022-5-18
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

#7 - "Other"

Enjoying my new Skydio 2+  
2022-5-18
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34413 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 11:59

It’s definitely not a world wide launch. Stores in Canada are advertising a mid-July release. My only option was to order of DJI.com and it’s supposed to ship May 25th
2022-5-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Maybe it is related to the flight range issues they need solve before mass shipping.
2022-5-18
Use props
martindronester
lvl.3
Canada

J04DAN Posted at 5-18 13:43
It’s definitely not a world wide launch. Stores in Canada are advertising a mid-July release. My only option was to order of DJI.com and it’s supposed to ship May 25th

I ordered from a store in Vancouver BC. because the DJI site did not offer the same options. Did DJI show the exchange rate to you, as I don't see a Canadian DJI site to purchase in CDN dollars? Delivery is noted as mid-July as well.
2022-5-18
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Canada

martindronester Posted at 5-18 14:06
I ordered from a store in Vancouver BC. because the DJI site did not offer the same options. Did DJI show the exchange rate to you, as I don't see a Canadian DJI site to purchase in CDN dollars? Delivery is noted as mid-July as well.

DJI store is cheaper after exchange than it is to buy local.
2022-5-18
Use props
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17234 ft
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 5-18 13:55
Maybe it is related to the flight range issues they need solve before mass shipping.

According the the FCC database DJI just submitted the Mini 3 for FCC Type Approval 6 (SIX) DAYS AGO on MAY 12th.  It can't be sold in the US until the FCC approves it.  Not so sure how fast the FCC works, but I can guess it will be MORE than 2 weeks but LESS THAN 6 months!       

Check it out here:  https://fccid.io/SS3-MT3M3VD

Hopefully the boxes are sitting is US Warehouses waiting for that approval but who knows how long that will take.

2022-05-18_21-58-12.jpg
2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tired Of Waiting Posted at 5-18 17:57
According the the FCC database DJI just submitted the Mini 3 for FCC Type Approval 6 (SIX) DAYS AGO on MAY 12th.  It can't be sold in the US until the FCC approves it.  Not so sure how fast the FCC works, but I can guess it will be MORE than 2 weeks but LESS THAN 6 months!      

good find; thanks for bringing this to our attention.  im sure it will be in the drone news tomorrow because it is kinda late to popup on fcc (usually the product shows up in 3-4 weeks); so maybe may 31 target is true.  if they don't already have fcc, not sure how a shipment can get past customs and into a us warehouse.  shouldn't matter, there's not much to gain there.  but it's been awhile done all that so i guess is it possible.  sloppy launch, unless there is a damn good reason.
2022-5-18
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Canada

Tired Of Waiting Posted at 5-18 17:57
According the the FCC database DJI just submitted the Mini 3 for FCC Type Approval 6 (SIX) DAYS AGO on MAY 12th.  It can't be sold in the US until the FCC approves it.  Not so sure how fast the FCC works, but I can guess it will be MORE than 2 weeks but LESS THAN 6 months!      

It already has FCC approval. It was submitted on May 11th and received approval May 12th. This isn’t the first drone DJI has submitted with the FCC. They know what they’re doing.

The delays are purely because of shipping and how many semiconductors they can get to make them. Shipping containers have been facing severe delays for almost a year and the semiconductor shortage has been going on longer.

FCC approval will have nothing to do with shipping times.
2022-5-18
Use props
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17234 ft
  • >>>
United States

typos & addition

J04DAN Posted at 5-18 18:35
It already has FCC approval. It was submitted on May 11th and received approval May 12th. This isn’t the first drone DJI has submitted with the FCC. They know what they’re doing.

The delays are purely because of shipping and how many semiconductors they can get to make them. Shipping containers have been facing severe delays for almost a year and the semiconductor shortage has been going on longer.

Well, you have as much info as I do so we're both giving our opinions so I will give you my response to your opinion!  

#1) WRT FCC:  Edit: FCC could have EVERYTHING to do with availabilty.  If it's not approved it can't be sold and therefore can't be shipped to retail customers.  There could be thousands sitting in warehouses here awaiting approval  and shipment IF that is the case.
You're telling me the FCC approved an application within 24 HOURS from a company the Federal Government is already having "issues" with?     I have a family member who is VP of a US based company that makes GPS based  products provided both to the public as well as the US Government for military use.  Takes them MONTHS to get FCC type acceptance.  Sorry, I find 24hr application to acceptance hard to accept, but hey, maybe it's true?

#2) WRT SHIPPING:  So you believe DJI is able to sail ships all over the world EXCEPT to the US because they don't have enough boats and semi's to make product to ship ANYTHING to the US?  These initial very large shipments generally aren't shipped by slow boat around the world anyway but by air (think Apple). Sorry, not logical but maybe it's true?

If some of this product was shipping in limited quantity around the US I'd agree with you. ZERO at Amazon USA (but some in Amazon UK) , Zero at Best Buy USA (some in multiple other places around the globe even in Australia, Europe, UK, Denmark, Sweden (can't keep track of all the various folks who already have them in their hands)  but zero/zilch in the US?

Sorry, IMO something's up other than slow boats (you'd think maybe ONE boat would get here     )  and not enough semi's to reach the US.  If that was the case there would be at least SOME inventory in this country somewhere, but there doesn't seem to be.  Also, the "influencers" don't count because pre-release demo items can still be made available but nothing can be sold.

Maybe I'm wrong?  Maybe you're wrong?  Who knows, but it's more than boats and chips.
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 12:58
I'm in the same boat, US stores NOT allowed to sale yet, or that is what they are telling me.

I was looking at some of the US stores and I see what you mean.  Odd how they didnt plan for the new import rules in the USA better.  
2022-5-18
Use props
martindronester
lvl.3
Canada

J04DAN Posted at 5-18 16:06
DJI store is cheaper after exchange than it is to buy local.

That isn't really answering my question. If you live back east, then everything is cheaper than Vancouver!
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 22:41
I was looking at some of the US stores and I see what you mean.  Odd how they didnt plan for the new import rules in the USA better.

So true DA.  
2022-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Tired Of Waiting Posted at 5-18 19:24
Well, you have as much info as I do so we're both giving our opinions so I will give you my response to your opinion!   

#1) WRT FCC:  Edit: FCC could have EVERYTHING to do with availabilty.  If it's not approved it can't be sold and therefore can't be shipped to retail customers.  There could be thousands sitting in warehouses here awaiting approval  and shipment IF that is the case.

To clear things up a bit, if you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see the Grant that authorizes the use of the Mini 3 in the US.  Hard to believe but it was approved only 1 day after "formal" application was received.  

https://fccid.io/SS3-MT3M3VD

2022-5-19
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Canada

martindronester Posted at 5-18 23:19
That isn't really answering my question. If you live back east, then everything is cheaper than Vancouver!

Not sure what you mean by this? Whether DJI provides a value in Canadian dollars or USD it doesn’t matter. Your bank or credit card will apply the current exchange rate at the time of purchase and DJI’s price in USD after exchange is cheaper than Canadian stores are charging in Canadian dollars.
2022-5-19
Use props
martindronester
lvl.3
Canada

J04DAN Posted at 5-19 02:56
Not sure what you mean by this? Whether DJI provides a value in Canadian dollars or USD it doesn’t matter. Your bank or credit card will apply the current exchange rate at the time of purchase and DJI’s price in USD after exchange is cheaper than Canadian stores are charging in Canadian dollars.

Sorry, but that is not the case for me. The exchange rate was better at the store...
2022-5-19
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Canada

martindronester Posted at 5-19 06:47
Sorry, but that is not the case for me. The exchange rate was better at the store...

That’s interesting. How much did you pay for it?
2022-5-19
Use props
Day 1 Adventures
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just got an email that said it shipped
2022-5-25
Use props
AJ015
lvl.2
Canada

martindronester Posted at 5-18 14:06

I'm in Vancouver as well and ordered from here https://www.djishopcanada.com in Canadian dollars. Originally it said late June but now says early July. I went through this when I ordered my eBike, they kept telling me the end of the month for 5 months until I finally got the bike. I heard everything from container shortage to parts availability. Best Buy Canada says mid July but you would think that an actual DJI store would have it available before a retail store. Fingers crossed...
2022-6-19
Use props
martindronester
lvl.3
Canada

AJ015 Posted at 6-19 12:56
I'm in Vancouver as well and ordered from here https://www.djishopcanada.com in Canadian dollars. Originally it said late June but now says early July. I went through this when I ordered my eBike, they kept telling me the end of the month for 5 months until I finally got the bike. I heard everything from container shortage to parts availability. Best Buy Canada says mid July but you would think that an actual DJI store would have it available before a retail store. Fingers crossed...

I ordered from BestBuy in CDN dollars along with the FMK, but no controller [already own one] and they say the same time frame-possibly mid-July.
I'm not holding my breath though. Hopefully any issues with the Mini 3 will be sorted before we get ours. Fingers crossed... besides, you'll need extra fingers crossed for any chance of a summer here in Vancouver by the way things are going at present...

Vancouver BC

Vancouver BC
2022-6-19
Use props
Lloyd5693
lvl.2
Australia

I’m not waiting for any shipment as I’m on the fence but having a good laugh at some of the comments “flying” around here on all the posts  
2022-6-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I recommend you Sex...lot of it... )) After it comes, you will not have time, or you will sleep outside... )))
2022-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules