FPV Kit Stuck at 25 mw Output in the United States
3171 5 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
naterlarsen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156214 ft
United States

I recently bought the dji fpv kit a couple of months ago. It flies well but at about 600 meters, the images starts to disappear. I checked the output power in the goggles and its stuck on 25 mw. I live in the states, so I was expecting to have a higher output power of at least 700 mw. Not sure if there was something that went wrong during the registration. Requesting help to get this set to the correct output based on region 1 (usa). Any assitance or information would be highly appreciated.

Nate

2022-5-19
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

How did you check the power output in the goggles?  I looked through the options a bit ago and didn't see anywhere that said what the Mw was.
2022-5-19
Use props
naterlarsen
lvl.1
United States

RH009 Posted at 5-19 13:55
How did you check the power output in the goggles?  I looked through the options a bit ago and didn't see anywhere that said what the Mw was.

Hello,

Okay, to get to the output power go to the dji goggles menu and select SETTINGS > ABOUT > SWTICH TO DJI FPV DIGITAL SYSTEM.  Confirm the switch then power off the goggles and on again. Now you will have different menu options. Go to SETTINGS > DEVICES > OUTPUT POWER. Under output power will show the MW being used. I just wanted to change that to 700 mw instead of 25, however, mine is currently greyed out. To return back to the DJI FPV, just select the return to dji fpv under the OUTPUT POWER option.

Nate
2022-5-19
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

naterlarsen@gma Posted at 5-19 14:51
Hello,

Okay, to get to the output power go to the dji goggles menu and select SETTINGS > ABOUT > SWTICH TO DJI FPV DIGITAL SYSTEM.  Confirm the switch then power off the goggles and on again. Now you will have different menu options. Go to SETTINGS > DEVICES > OUTPUT POWER. Under output power will show the MW being used. I just wanted to change that to 700 mw instead of 25, however, mine is currently greyed out. To return back to the DJI FPV, just select the return to dji fpv under the OUTPUT POWER option.

Thanks!!! I'll check that out after a bit.
2022-5-19
Use props
naterlarsen
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.
2022-5-20
Use props
basse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213271 ft
Norway

The DJI FPV Digital system in the goggles has nothing to do with the Dji FPV Combo, and the settings there are not in use for the Dji FPV Combo. I made the same mistake, but learned that the two systems are completely separate, so don't worry about it saying 25mW there.

Most likely you're on FCC mode and having 700mW. The FCC mode is set automatically with GPS, from what I understand, and it's a robust system.

See https://drone-hacks.com/dh-companion#fpv

2022-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules