turning on the camera in flight
580 7 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jiva
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184820 ft

Czechia

When the drone enters RTH mode, the camera recording turns off. When conditions improve and I manually exit the RTH mode, the camera needs to be turned on again, which I often forget. Isn't it possible somewhere to set the camera to restart automatically?
2022-5-19
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A "feature" I hate as well. We've complained about it a year ago...
2022-5-19
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406775 ft
United States

This is a weird one.  But I am on 1.02.00.00 firmware on the drone.  I have auto record turn on when motor starts.  This past weekend I had an emergency battery low landing.  My footage was on and kept recording on the first RTH warning.  Cancelled it, continue to fly.... and when it hit 3% battery it was still recording.  I landed it a near-by hike path and it was still recording till I picked it up and turned it off, it was at 0%.
2022-5-19
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

RTH does not stop recording.
Recording will stop only if you lost the connection to the drone and thus RTH starts
2022-5-19
Use props
jiva
lvl.1

Czechia

FlyingSnoopy Publikováno v 5-19 10:08
RTH nezastavuje nahrávání.
Nahrávání se zastaví pouze v případě, že ztratíte spojení s dronem a tím se spustí RTH
Yes I agree! I didn't say exactly. Today, this incident happened to me again. I went to beautiful nature, I lost the signal in the most beautiful place. The drone returned and rediscovered the signal so I continued according to the original plan - But! I didn't turn on the camera. and so I have only the beginning and the end captured. I saw the most beautiful only in glasses. Is it possible to turn on the former automatic cameras after such transmission regeneration ?? Sorry for bad English.
2022-5-20
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

jiva Posted at 5-20 03:57
Yes I agree! I didn't say exactly. Today, this incident happened to me again. I went to beautiful nature, I lost the signal in the most beautiful place. The drone returned and rediscovered the signal so I continued according to the original plan - But! I didn't turn on the camera. and so I have only the beginning and the end captured. I saw the most beautiful only in glasses. Is it possible to turn on the former automatic cameras after such transmission regeneration ?? Sorry for bad English.

I learned the hard way that when signal is lost, recording stops.
You have to remember to press record, when drone signal recovers
I think it happens to save battery for safe return to home? I don't know, but DJI does not seem interested in fixing it
2022-5-20
Use props
jiva
lvl.1

Czechia

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 5-20 05:09
I learned the hard way that when signal is lost, recording stops.
You have to remember to press record, when drone signal recovers
I think it happens to save battery for safe return to home? I don't know, but DJI does not seem interested in fixing it

Objection! Today it happened to me after about 2 minutes. flight, so the energy was still a lot. The system does have its battery status information and could use it objectively.
2022-5-20
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

jiva Posted at 5-20 05:21
Objection! Today it happened to me after about 2 minutes. flight, so the energy was still a lot. The system does have its battery status information and could use it objectively.

Having a full battery doesn't mean that the signal cannot be lost.
Fly too low or behind a rock / hill and you get 'connection lost'
2022-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules