DJI Fly app does not install on Xiaomi 12 / Mi 12
9435 16 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonny999
lvl.1
Germany

When trying to install the DJI-Fly app on my Xiaomi 12 phone I immediately get the error "There was a problem parsing the package" when opening the downloaded apk file.

On the DJI-Fly download site I noticed that there is official support for Mi-10 and Mi-11 but not Mi-12 yet.
https://www.dji.com/de/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Questions:
  • Is official support for Mi 12 planned in the near future?
  • Any ideas for steps I can try to get the app to install anyways?

Side note: It worked flawlessly on my Sony Xperia XZ2 phone even though no Sony phone is on the compatibility list at all.

Device information:
  •   Name: Xiaomi 12
  •   MIUI version: MIUI Global 13.0.16 Stable
  •   Android version: 12 SKQ1.211006.001
  •   Kernel version: 5.10.43-android12-9

Things I already tried:
  •   checked option "Install apps from unknown sources" in app settings
  •   enabled USB-Debugging
  •   re-downloaded apk 3 times to rule out corrupted/incomplete file download

Versions I tried:
  •   1.6.1 error when installing "There was a problem parsing the package." (exact filename: 1652712990381-DJI-v1.6.1-220516-1025-51774-official-sec.apk)
  •   1.5.1 error when installing "There was a problem parsing the package."
  •   1.4.2 Installs without error. When started white screen with DJI logo apprears for 100ms and crashes instantly. (no change when clearing cache)

I would appreciate any hints to get the app running on my phone.

2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jonny999. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the result will be different. Upon checking the mobile device ( Xiaomi 12 / Mi 12 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI Fly application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi 12 / Mi 12 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2022-5-19
Use props
Kiwisaft
New

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 20:11
Hello there jonny999. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the result will be different. Upon checking the mobile device ( Xiaomi 12 / Mi 12 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI Fly application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi 12 / Mi 12 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

I have the same problem. I transferred the App from my former smartphone (Xiaomi 10T Pro) to Xiaomi 12. So the app is already installed, but it closes immediately after opening.
Please fix this, another device just for dji app is not an option. Thanks.
well, nvmd. i just downloaded v1.6.1 from here and it works. didn't know the app isnt updating or available from playstor.
alternativele the litchi app might work too

2022-5-21
Use props
djiuser_PgDzzjLNJ83j
New

United States

I can't install the DJI app on my phone. It says that the file wouldn't open. It was great before the update. Now it doesn't work at all on my Note 10 plus +.
2022-5-31
Use props
jonny999
lvl.1
Germany

Kiwisaft Posted at 5-21 02:11
I have the same problem. I transferred the App from my former smartphone (Xiaomi 10T Pro) to Xiaomi 12. So the app is already installed, but it closes immediately after opening.
Please fix this, another device just for dji app is not an option. Thanks.
well, nvmd. i just downloaded v1.6.1 from here and it works. didn't know the app isnt updating or available from playstor.

Hi Kiwisaft,
So you actually got the DJI-Fly app to work on a Xiaomi 12 phone? oO

Can you please tell me the exact model and Android version of your device?
(Settings -> About phone)

I still did not have any success on my device:
> Device information:
>    - Name: Xiaomi 12  (256GB 8GB RAM)
>    - MIUI version: MIUI Global 13.0.16 Stable
>    - Android version: 12 SKQ1.211006.001
>    - Kernel version: 5.10.43-android12-9

Thanks

2022-5-31
Use props
Gabox
New
Hungary

I have the same problem. I try to start and it doesn't go.

xiaomi poco x3 pro
2022-6-2
Use props
Gabox
New
Hungary

Solved:

manual downloaded apk file 1.6.4
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
manual install
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_t0qbGpPjiDBw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7638862 ft
Bulgaria

I own a xiaomi 12 pro and installed the dji fly app for the mavic 2s without a problem, but when I started flying after a few minutes the connection to the remote was lost in a few seconds. I came to the conclusion that the phone's battery was to blame.  Unfortunately, I did not find an option to exclude charging the phone from RC
Screenshot_2022-06-08-09-42-16-258_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
2022-6-7
Use props
jonny999
lvl.1
Germany

Update: The DJI-Fly app v1.6.4 successfully installed on my Xiaomi-12 phone now!

I just tried installing the app once again and the installation successfully finished.
Even though I already tried the exact same version (1.6.4-220531) from the official download site (https://www.dji.com/de/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly) a few days ago,  I downloaded it again now and it just worked...
Note: This time i downloaded the app over mobile network instead of wifi, which certainly could not have made a difference though.

- Exact filename that successfully installed: '1654005896100-DJI-v1.6.4-220531-1635-52370-official-sec.apk'
- Exact phone and android version: see my last post (unchanged)

The app works flawlessly, I did not notice any issues on the "not supported" phone so far.

screenshot_djyfly1.6.4-xiaomi12.png
Screenshot of the app in use on Xiaomi 12
2022-6-12
Use props
Bradders287
New

United Kingdom

Does anybody know if any of the newer versions of the app work since this thread? About to get an Xaomi 12 Pro but need to make sure its going to operate my MP3 drone lol. Thanks
2022-10-20
Use props
mz4
New

Germany

Hi,

so that's really darn with the app.
I can install the app (apk) on the Mi 12 Pro and I can also fly.
However, I can not log in.
It always comes error 403.

Thus flight altitude and everything neutered and actually not usable...

Help

Does anyone know this error can not be that a >1.5 year old phone produces such a jumble.

Greetings
2023-2-16
Use props
jonny999
lvl.1
Germany

I am using the Xiaomi Mi 12 (NOT Pro)

Initially I had problems installing the app (see previous posts), but since then it has worked flawlessly for me.
Even tough the app just said "account logged out, log in again" when starting, the login worked without error.

Just updated to v1.9.4(1260-official) that works as well.

Device information:
  • Name: Xiaomi 12
  • MIUI version: MIUI Global 13.0.27 Stable
  • Android version: 12 SKQ1.211006.001
  • Kernel version: 5.10.43-android12-9-gb8e472053352-ab8059253
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_byY7NoaLxsHz
New

Moldova

Hello, please can someone help me to how use DJI fly app In Xiaomi 12? I already installed but it can't connect to the drone (
2023-5-7
Use props
djiuser_eJOyufdp0fgi
New

Germany

Hallo
Ich habe auch ein Mi12. Die App zu installieren war nicht das Problem. Mein Problem ist, dass ich nach erfolgter Kopplung direkt wieder die Verbindung zur Drohne verliere. Ich sehe dann kurz das Bild der Drohnen-Kamera und dann friert es ein. Auf dem Display erscheint die Meldung "Verbindung zur Fernsteuerung fehlgeschlagen". Was auffällig ist, ich werde dann auch regelmäßig aufgefordert zu entscheiden, wie ich mein Handy über USB verbinden möchte. ( Datenübertragung/FTP etc)
Als ob ein Wackelkontakt im Kabel ist, aber das schließe ich aus. Was kann ich ggf noch einstellen, dass es sich nicht immer von selber trennt?

2023-8-20
Use props
Henrique Cirio
New

Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-5-19 20:11

Esperamos que muito em breve funcione para o MO 12, pois outros celulares da linha já estão ultrapassados
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Henrique Cirio Posted at 11-27 17:53
Esperamos que muito em breve funcione para o MO 12, pois outros celulares da linha já estão ultrapassados

Hi, Henrique. I hope you are doing well today. May I know what error are you getting with the DJI Fly app? Thank you.
2023-11-27
Use props
Husar dekor
New

Slovakia

mi 12 pro.  Please give me any advice, I can't install version 1.12.3. nor 1.11.* nor 1.10.* nor 1.9.* and 1.6.4 how did you manage to install the app in xiaomi 12pro very please?
2023-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules