This is getting beyond a joke!
2334 38 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

I purchased a DJI action 2 camera almost two weeks ago.

The "quick start guide" (what a joke that turned out to be) told me I needed to download an app onto a 'smart' phone. Since I don't have a smart phone and since DJI never bothered to tell me this BEFORE I bought the camera, this presented a major problem. I tried to use an emulator but that didn't work and in the end I had to accquire a phone for the purpose of setting up the camera.

Yesterday I spent most of the day messing around trying to get the camera to connect with the app. Eventually, after a LOT of problems, in the early hours of the morning I finally managed to achive this and register an account to activate the camera.

Unfortuantely because the whole process took so long, the battery on the camera went flat and died just as I'd completed the registration process. The battery life seems extremely poor to say I haven't even shot any footage yet, so I dread to think what it will be like if I ever get that far. I put it on charge and tried to reconnect it to the app but to no avail. Since it was already late I switched everything off and went to bed.

This morning I tried again but it still won't connect. After looking on the internet I see it's awash with others having problems connecting to the mino app. I've seen lot of solutions but nothing works.

I uninstalled the app, deleted all the files, and downloaded it again and then updated it to the latest version. It still won't work.

I've tried switching the wifi between 2.4 and 5.whatever, but that didn't work either.

I tried resetting the wifi but that didn't work either.

I called DJI support and they told me to go into wifi settings and then scan the QR code with another device. I told him I don't have another device to scan it with so now what? But he just kept telling me over and over "Well that's what you have to do"?...

REALLY????

Is this some kind of joke?

Do DJI really expect their customers to require TWO smart phones just to set up a camera?

While he was trying to get further guidance I managed to get a screen shot of the QR code, transfer it to my laptop and then scan the code with the phone. Then it gave me an option to connect, which I selected, and then it said "Connecting". After that nothing happened, it just kept saying "Connecting" but it never actually connected. At that point the DJI rep said he couldn't help me any further and I'd have to wait for their advanced tech team to contact me. Who know's when, or even IF, that will happen?

I can't believe that it's THIS hard just to set up a camera!

Since their app is SO problematic why can't DJI do the sensible thing and allow the device to be set up from a laptop/desktop via a cable like many other devices do?

It seems to me they don't really care much for their customers and quite frankly it's beyond a joke that after TWO WEEKS I still can't update the firmware to correct yet another DJI failure with overheating.

I'm fed up with the whole thing and I feel like throwing this piece of junk in the bin. Quite honeslty if I'd know it was going to be as bad as this from the off, I'd have bought a GoPro instead. I really wish I had now because DJI obviously don't care.

Might make a youtube video to warn others not to bother with this device... or this company.

2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which phone you are using and what is the system version? Also, May we know how do you contact our support and the email address or phone number you used to contact us? We will check and forward it to our designated teams.
2022-5-19
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-19 18:24
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which phone you are using and what is the system version? Also, May we know how do you contact our support and the email address or phone number you used to contact us? We will check and forward it to our designated teams.

I've sent you a PM with my details but I really shouldn't need to be doing this. DJI know there are serious problems with the Mimo app and it's been like this for at least TWO years, yet DJI  has done NOTHING about it. This is unacceptable!

As I said before, I have no idea why DJI don't do the sensible thing and have a desktop version that can be connected via a USB.

The only reason I can think that they insist on pushing this useless app is that it benefits DJI more than it does their customers.

It appears there are serious privacy concerns with this app, so much so that even Google (who are not exactly privacy heroes) refuse to put it in their app store. That's a huge red flag for a start, but it gets even worse...

When you sign up to register your account with DJI, it says that you agree not to "Take DJI to court". Why are DJI trying to deny customers their legal rights from the off? That doesn't sound like a company that cares about their customers. What are DJI afraid of? What are they hiding?

It's time DJI started putting their customers needs ahead of their own dubious interests.

2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bluetiger Posted at 5-20 12:42
I've sent you a PM with my details but I really shouldn't need to be doing this. DJI know there are serious problems with the Mimo app and it's been like this for at least TWO years, yet DJI  has done NOTHING about it. This unacceptable!

As I said before, I have no idea why DJI don't do the sensible thing and have a desktop version that can be connected via a USB.

We are greatly sorry for your inconvenience. We have checked the PM and will forward it to our related team. Besides, could you please try to update or refresh the firmware of your device? And try to reinstall the DJI Mimo APP from our official website to see if it works. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2022-5-20
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-20 22:19
We are greatly sorry for your inconvenience. We have checked the PM and will forward it to our related team. Besides, could you please try to update or refresh the firmware of your device? And try to reinstall the DJI Mimo APP from our official website to see if it works. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

Hello,

Did you not read my post?

I already told you, I uninstalled the app, deleted all the files, and then reinstalled it... IT STILL WON'T CONNECT!

So how exactly am I supposed to update the firmware when the app won't connect?

That's the whole point of why I'm here. I'm trying to update the firmware but your useless app won't work.
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bluetiger Posted at 5-22 13:47
Hello,

Did you not read my post?

Sorry for the confusion. Please kindly try to update or refresh the firmware of your phone to the latest version and try again.
2022-5-22
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-22 17:31
Sorry for the confusion. Please kindly try to update or refresh the firmware of your phone to the latest version and try again.

The phone says it's up to date.

The app did connect at one point which allowed me to register a DJI account, but then because I'd spent so much time trying to get the thing to connect, the battery on the camera died. After that, no matter what I do the app won't connect anymore.

Your app is clearly not fit for purpose.

Why don't you do the sensible thing and create a desktop version that can be update via the USB cable that you supplied?... Or are you more interested in forcing your customers to download a questionable app on a phone so that you can spy on them?
2022-5-23
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-20 22:19

The phone says it's up to date, so it won't update it as there is nothing to update.

I tried to look for firmware on the manufacturers website but despite extensive searching I couldn't find it. It appears that Samsung may have stopped issuing updates since the phone is now a few years old. However, as this is one of the phones you claim on YOUR website that your app is compatible with, that shouldn't be a problem. If it is a problem and it's not compatible then DJI has given me false information.

As for reinstalling the DJI app I've already done that several times and it doesn't work.

I bought this camera for business purposes and I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to be messed around before someone from DJI provides a solution that actually works. Surely somebody must have an idea why the app would work once and then not work again.
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bluetiger Posted at 5-23 12:45
The phone says it's up to date, so it won't update it as there is nothing to update.

I tried to look for firmware on the manufacturers website but despite extensive searching I couldn't find it. It appears that Samsung may have stopped issuing updates since the phone is now a few years old. However, as this is one of the phones you claim on YOUR website that your app is compatible with, that shouldn't be a problem. If it is a problem and it's not compatible then DJI has given me false information.

Thanks for the detailed information. May I ask is it convenient for you to borrow another mobile device to test the connection issue so that we can isolate the issue more quickly. If Action 2 was purchased from the local dealer, you can also contact the dealer to see if they can help with the test.
2022-5-24
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

Bluetiger Posted at 5-23 12:45

I tried to look for firmware on the manufacturers website but despite extensive searching I couldn't find it. It appears that Samsung may have stopped issuing updates since the phone is now a few years old. However, as this is one of the phones you claim on YOUR website that your app is compatible with, that shouldn't be a problem. If it is a problem and it's not compatible then DJI has given me false information.

The camera gives you five attempts to register it but what happens if you don't register it within those five attempts? Are you still able to connect to the app?

The reason I ask is that when I finally managed to connect the camera and sign up for an account, the camera may have been on the final attempt. Since the camera battery died just as I finalised the account registration, is it possible that the camera didn't acknowledge the registration and now it won't let me connect to the app?

I do know that an account was created and I have verified this by logging into it.

By the way, no one from DJI has contacted me yet, despite you saying that you'd get someone to do that. I'd also called your support line before I started this thread and they said that someone would contact me too. I'm still waiting.

It's very poor service.
2022-5-24
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-24 01:24
Thanks for the detailed information. May I ask is it convenient for you to borrow another mobile device to test the connection issue so that we can isolate the issue more quickly. If Action 2 was purchased from the local dealer, you can also contact the dealer to see if they can help with the test.

No it's not possible to borrow another device and no I didn't purchase it from a local dealer either.

DJI need to get someone to contact me like they said they would or they need to send me a new camera.

It's two and half weeks since I bought this and I still can't use it properly. This is unacceptable.
2022-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bluetiger Posted at 5-24 01:41
No it's not possible to borrow another device and no I didn't purchase it from a local dealer either.

DJI need to get someone to contact me like they said they would or they need to send me a new camera.

Could you please provide us with the serial number of the Action 2 for further check? We will see if it has been activated successfully.
2022-5-24
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-24 03:59
Could you please provide us with the serial number of the Action 2 for further check? We will see if it has been activated successfully.

Where is the serial number? Is it the one on the bottom of the camera?
2022-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bluetiger Posted at 5-24 04:07
Where is the serial number? Is it the one on the bottom of the camera?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the serial number is on the bottom of the camera. You can also check the SN on the package.
2022-5-27
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-24 03:59

Where is the serial number? Is it the one on the bottom of the camera?

It's three days since I asked these simple questions and no reply!

This is EXTREMELY poor!
2022-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bluetiger Posted at 5-27 01:09
Where is the serial number? Is it the one on the bottom of the camera?

It's three days since I asked these simple questions and no reply!

We are sincerely sorry for the late reply. We replied to your post above. The serial number is on the bottom of the camera. You can also check the SN on the package.
2022-5-27
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 01:15
We are sincerely sorry for the late reply. We replied to your post above. The serial number is on the bottom of the camera. You can also check the SN on the package.

Yes you did reply but since your reply was only an hour ago and I didn't get an email update, I thought you were just ignoring me.

I'll send you a PM with the serial number.
2022-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bluetiger Posted at 5-27 01:27
Yes you did reply but since your reply was only an hour ago and I didn't get an email update, I thought you were just ignoring me.

I'll send you a PM with the serial number.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. I replied to your PM, please check.
2022-5-27
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 03:15
We are sorry for the inconvenience. I replied to your PM, please check.

Ok, thank you
2022-5-27
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-27 05:29
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused again, can you export your logs to us to confirm the details? The method of exporting the log is as follows:
1. Download and install the DJI assistant 2 assistant software:
Download link: http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

It's not a drone, it's an osmo action 2 camera
2022-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello, there. Sorry for the trouble caused, can you export your logs to us to confirm the details? The method of exporting the log is as follows:
1. Please try to reproduce the abnormal process.
2. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
3. Mount the camera unit and front touchscreen module/power module. Connect to DJI Action 2 and a computer using a USB-cable.
4. Select “File Transfer” on the DJI Action 2 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the DJI Action 2 (internal storage).
And we recommend that you borrow a newer model for testing so that we can quickly determine whether it is a camera problem or a device problem.
2022-5-27
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 05:45
Hello, there. Sorry for the trouble caused, can you export your logs to us to confirm the details? The method of exporting the log is as follows:

Ok I've got the export log, how can I send it to you privately? Using a personal message there doesn't seem to be any way to upload files.
2022-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bluetiger Posted at 5-27 10:50
Ok I've got the export log, how can I send it to you privately? Using a personal message there doesn't seem to be any way to upload files.

Hi, there. You could upload the files to Google Drive/ Dropbox and then send the link to us. Thank you.
2022-5-27
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 05:45

I've sent you a PM with a link to the camera log files you asked for.
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bluetiger Posted at 5-29 06:01
I've sent you a PM with a link to the camera log files you asked for.

Thanks for your update. We will have a check.
2022-5-30
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-30 02:18
Thanks for your update. We will have a check.

Thanks.

Besides the issue with the mimo app I also have an issue with the protective magnetic case that I'm supposed to receive to deal with the overheating problem. Your website says that when an account is registered I'm supposed to receive a coupon to claim a free magnetic case. However, there are no coupons in my account.

An account was created and I can log into it but I'm not sure if your system has linked it with the camera. If not this might explain why I have not received a coupon and perhaps it may explain why there are problems connecting with the app.

How can I get a coupon code for the magnetic case?
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bluetiger Posted at 5-30 02:27
Thanks.

Besides the issue with the mimo app I also have an issue with the protective magnetic case that I'm supposed to receive to deal with the overheating problem. Your website says that when an account is registered I'm supposed to receive a coupon to claim a free magnetic case. However, there are no coupons in my account.

For the Magnetic Protective Case, please tell us where did you purchase it from. For users that bought DJI Action 2 at the DJI Store, Amazon, or Best Buy USA, visit https://my.dji.com/coupons. Log into the DJI account that activated DJI Action 2 to check the coupon to place the order free of charge and get the accessory (check the DJI Store for in-stock time).For users that purchased DJI Action 2 via other channels, please consult your local retailers. For more details, please refer to: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1

Could you please also follow the steps below to export the app log for our further analysis?
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the “USB connection mode” appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal storage.
3. Find the logs through /Android/data/dji.mimo/files/LOG.
4. Copy and paste the entire “LOG” file folder to the local drive and add the file folder to the compressed folder. Send the log to us through the Dropbox download link.
2022-5-30
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-30 05:57
For the Magnetic Protective Case, please tell us where did you purchase it from. For users that bought DJI Action 2 at the DJI Store, Amazon, or Best Buy USA, visit https://my.dji.com/coupons. Log into the DJI account that activated DJI Action 2 to check the coupon to place the order free of charge and get the accessory (check the DJI Store for in-stock time).For users that purchased DJI Action 2 via other channels, please consult your local retailers. For more details, please refer to: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=261437&extra=page%3D1

Could you please also follow the steps below to export the app log for our further analysis?

I sent a link for the log file to the administrator DJI Thor.

As for the magnetic case, I purchased the camera new on ebay. I've contacted the seller but I haven't had a response from them. I'll try again but I'm not hopeful.
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluetiger Posted at 5-30 13:26
I sent a link for the log file to the administrator DJI Thor.

As for the magnetic case, I purchased the camera new on ebay. I've contacted the seller but I haven't had a response from them. I'll try again but I'm not hopeful.

Hello, there. Thanks for your update. We will check your log and reply to you as soon as possible. And if you can not get this case from eBay, please let us know and send us details like your Email, DJI account, and SN number via PM, we will help you more with this problem.
2022-5-30
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-30 19:17
Hello, there. Thanks for your update. We will check your log and reply to you as soon as possible. And if you can not get this case from eBay, please let us know and send us details like your Email, DJI account, and SN number via PM, we will help you more with this problem.

Is there any news on this?

Also the ebay seller says I need to claim the magnetic case from you under 'coupons' in my account, but there aren't any coupons. He seems to think it's up to you to send the case, so I can't see myself getting it from him. I'll send you a PM with the details you asked for so you can sort this out.
2022-6-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluetiger Posted at 6-3 03:02
Is there any news on this?

Also the ebay seller says I need to claim the magnetic case from you under 'coupons' in my account, but there aren't any coupons. He seems to think it's up to you to send the case, so I can't see myself getting it from him. I'll send you a PM with the details you asked for so you can sort this out.

Hi there, I received your message and replied, please check.
2022-6-4
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-4 02:19
Hi there, I received your message and replied, please check.

I've sent you a PM regarding the magnetic case but you still haven't told me if you have any news on the export logs and the problem with connecting to the app.

It is now exactly four weeks since I received this camera and I STILL cannot use it.

Can you tell me how much longer DJI intend to string me along WITHOUT actually solving the problem?

If this is not sorted within the next 7 days I will be sending the camera back and I will make a youtube video about what a horrible experience it is being a DJI customer. If this is how you treat your new customers you certainly don't deserve any more!
2022-6-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bluetiger Posted at 6-4 06:26
I've sent you a PM regarding the magnetic case but you still haven't told me if you have any news on the export logs and the problem with connecting to the app.

It is now exactly four weeks since I received this camera and I STILL cannot use it.

My sincere apologies in regards to this experience. We really want to help you deal with the problem. I will give a general response to your current situation.
1. Regarding the issue of activation, after checking your serial number, we found that your device has been activated successfully. For the connecting problem, could you please use another mobile device to check if the problem persists? So that we could rule out whether it is caused by equipment problems.
2. For the Magnetic Case, could you please use the email which you used to activate the device to send an email directly to support@dji.com? In the email, it should include the following information:
(1)Country
(2)Name and Contact information
(3) Proof of Purchase
(4)DJI Account
(5) Serial Number
We need this information to authenticate users and provide you with further assistance.
3. We have tried to reach you several times but failed. Our support has contacted you 4 times during 3 days by calling the phone number you provided. But always the busy tone. And we can not find any emails in our systems by checking the email address you provided before. Could you please contact our support by email and give us the ticket number? We will keep following up on your case.
2022-6-5
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-5 00:51
My sincere apologies in regards to this experience. We really want to help you deal with the problem. I will give a general response to your current situation.
1. Regarding the issue of activation, after checking your serial number, we found that your device has been activated successfully. For the connecting problem, could you please use another mobile device to check if the problem persists? So that we could rule out whether it is caused by equipment problems.
2. For the Magnetic Case, could you please use the email which you used to activate the device to send an email directly to support@dji.com? In the email, it should include the following information:

I'm sorry but no I can't use another mobile device. I wasn't told BEFORE I purchased the DJI camera that a smart phone was require to activate it. Since I didn't have a smart phone I had to spend more money to acquire one just so I could activate the camera.

The mobile device I chose was one that is specifically mentioned on your website and it obviously does work because it connected to the camera to activate the registration. Unfortunately it won't connect anymore.

Since your app has some serious privacy and security concerns it would not be appropriate to ask someone else if I could borrow theirs. So if you want me to use another device then you will need to supply one.

As for trying to call me, no one from DJI has phoned at all. Are you trying the right county? I'm in the UK.
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bluetiger Posted at 6-5 04:18
I'm sorry but no I can't use another mobile device. I wasn't told BEFORE I purchased the DJI camera that a smart phone was require to activate it. Since I didn't have a smart phone I had to spend more money to acquire one just so I could activate the camera.

The mobile device I chose was one that is specifically mentioned on your website and it obviously does work because it connected to the camera to activate the registration. Unfortunately it won't connect anymore.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. After making confirmation with our team, we do try our best to reach you several times but failed. Please double confirm the following information and send it to us via PM:
(1)Country
(3) Proof of Purchase
(4)DJI Account
(5) Serial Number
We will try our best to help you out but at least let us reach out to you successfully. Appreciate your time and patience.
2022-6-6
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-6 02:56
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. After making confirmation with our team, we do try our best to reach you several times but failed. Please double confirm the following information and send it to us via PM:
(1)Country

I have ALREADY given you my name, country, phone number, email, DJI account and serial number.

Why do you keep asking for the SAME info OVER and OVER and OVER AGAIN?????

Perhaps if someone actually phoned me or emailed me as you keep telling me you will then maybe we might get somewhere.

I will send you a PM with the info you asked for ONE LAST TIME. After that DON'T ask again!
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bluetiger Posted at 6-6 03:18
I have ALREADY given you my name, country, phone number, email, DJI account and serial number.

Why do you keep asking for the SAME info OVER and OVER and OVER AGAIN?????

Regarding the Magnetic Protective Case, we have applied for a free coupon for you. I sent it to you through PM, please check.
Regarding the connection problem, we need to test with another mobile phone to locate whether it is a camera problem or a mobile phone compatibility problem. If you can't test with another phone, please provide the Mimo app log for us to further analyze the problem. We really want to help you solve this problem, but we need you to do some troubleshooting to confirm the issue. Without your cooperation, we may not be able to help you further.
Please follow the steps below to export the app log for our further analysis.
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the “USB connection mode” appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal storage.
3. Find the logs through /Android/data/dji.mimo/files/LOG.
4. Copy and paste the entire “LOG” file folder to the local drive and add the file folder to the compressed folder. Send the log to us through the Dropbox download link.

2022-6-7
Use props
Bluetiger
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-7 01:11
Regarding the Magnetic Protective Case, we have applied for a free coupon for you. I sent it to you through PM, please check.
Regarding the connection problem, we need to test with another mobile phone to locate whether it is a camera problem or a mobile phone compatibility problem. If you can't test with another phone, please provide the Mimo app log for us to further analyze the problem. We really want to help you solve this problem, but we need you to do some troubleshooting to confirm the issue. Without your cooperation, we may not be able to help you further.
Please follow the steps below to export the app log for our further analysis.

I've sent you a PM with the link to the mimo app log file.
2022-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bluetiger Posted at 6-7 03:41
I've sent you a PM with the link to the mimo app log file.

Thanks. We will forward it to the corresponding team for further analysis. If we get any updates, we will get back to you asap.
2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules