Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Action 2 vs. GoPro Hero SESSION
2784 3 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I see many discussions in this forum comparing the DJI Action 2 to both its predecessor (Osmo Action) and the latest GoPros. Some members even 'complain' that DJI should have stayed with the Osmo Action form factor and other features.

One camera that we do not talk much about is the Hero Session. It is much more compact than all other GoPros, and has no screen. To me, I see the Action 2 not necessarily as an upgrade on the Osmo Action, but more like a new camera that integrates and improves on the best features of both the Osmo Action and the Hero Session.

Incidentally, with its very small form factor, the Hero Session is no longer in production today yet commands very high prices. This tells me it is a model people like very much (it is very compact).

DJI took the Session and improved further on it by adding a back screen and an optional front display. Shouldn't we rejoice instead about that?

Someone has to list all the specs for the major contenders (Osmo Action, Action 2, GoPro 10, Session 5), with an emphasis on the form factor, and only then we can compare the various models and decide, unequivocally, how good the Action 2 truly is.
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JB63. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep filming.
2022-5-19
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

well that is Where Insta 360 One Rs will shine,   i agree but forum staff said their peace Lol
2022-5-20
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 5-20 03:19
well that is Where Insta 360 One Rs will shine,   i agree but forum staff said their peace Lol

You're right ... though I'm not ready to jump to a third brand yet.

The older GoPros used to come with a box that held two of them side-by-side and a sync cable to enable 3D content. WIth TWO Action 2, and with the proper accessories, one should be able to turn them into either a 360 or 3D system, assuming the cameras each can capture 180 degrees.

I guess it all depends upon the available accessories and how easy the post-processing is. A while back I invested into a Samsung 360 .... the camera looked neat, but the software looked horrible and there was no way to stitch the videos from the 2 cams reliably.
2022-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules