Will The 45 W Charger Work With Mini 3 Pro?
9578 25 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if I can use an Anker 45 W fast charger with the Mini 3 Pro.
Both plugging it in directly into the mini 3 pro type-c usb port on the back, and the RC (the controller with the screen).

Capture.PNG

Thanks
2022-5-19
Use props
Mark E Pugliano
New
Flight distance : 420135 ft
United States

I saw a English youtuber today who specifically stated he uses that charger with no problems.  I am ordering one myself. DM Productions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di-wV7IqVl8&t=443s
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dragonfyr. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. Just a reminder that  to ensure charging speed, DJI recommends for you to use the DJI 30W USB-C Charger or other USB Power Delivery chargers for compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition, there is a possibility that these 3rd party chargers will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party chargers if it will charge the said batteries all the time with no issues and using 3rd party chargers might void the warranty of your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.
2022-5-19
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 20:25
Hello there Dragonfyr. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. Just a reminder that  to ensure charging speed, DJI recommends for you to use the DJI 30W USB-C Charger or other USB Power Delivery chargers for compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition, there is a possibility that these 3rd party chargers will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party chargers if it will charge the said batteries all the time with no issues and using 3rd party chargers might void the warranty of your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.

“using 3rd party chargers might void the warranty of your DJI Mini 3 Pro”
In that case why not delivering the charger with the drone?…
2022-5-20
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 20:25

Wait, what?

So, it might work, but it also might not work and void my warranty?

Your 18 W charger isn't in stock.
Your 30 W charger isn't in stock.

So what do I use to charge the uav I just bought from you?

I have literally not even turned it on yet... haha! :/
2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It will work 100%, the battery will only draw what it is able to and ignore the rest, in this case it will fast charge and ignore the extra power, that's how chargers work
Why go for a single port,  grab a triple at 65w minimum ;)
2022-5-20
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-20 07:08
It will work 100%, the battery will only draw what it is able to and ignore the rest, in this case it will fast charge and ignore the extra power, that's how chargers work
Why go for a single port,  grab a triple at 65w minimum ;)

Haha, fantastic. I'll just do that then, I guess

Thanks for taking the time to reply
2022-5-20
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-20 07:14
Haha, fantastic. I'll just do that then, I guess  

Thanks for taking the time to reply

I'm just using an 18w Charger that come with my Google Pixel 3. If you are not worried about charging 30 minutes faster then prolong the life of the battery by not charging it so fast. Honestly it didn't seem to take that long with the 18w to fully charge.
2022-5-20
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So i plugged the battery charger in and it's charging perfectly fine.

BUT!! I opened my skylight window... someone has decided to burn their rubbish or chimney or something!!! I nearly had a heart attack when I could smell it, thinking it was the charger!!
It also turns out that the dji forum doesn't play gif's and won't let me remove it... lmao

Source: https://tenor.com/view/beaker-mu ... icking-gif-16444171

2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SafariMan Posted at 5-20 04:00
“using 3rd party chargers might void the warranty of your DJI Mini 3 Pro”
In that case why not delivering the charger with the drone?…

Quite it would have cost them no more that a few dollars but they have turned tight wads. Didn't even give spare sticks for the remote and I think deliberately made them different from the other drones
2022-5-20
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I've been charging the rc for about 1 to 2 hours, it's only flashing 3 green lights in succession.

Firstly using the Anker charger, it stayed on 3 flashing green lights for about 30mins.
Then tried my pc type c usb, on the back of my Acer Predator monitor for about 20mins. Still 3 lights.
Now using a 5v phone phone charger. Still only flashing 3 green lights.
As in 1 green, 2 green, 3 green, off, repeat.

I've turn the rc on and it works perfectly fine (still haven't connected the aircraft yet).
Is this normal, or is something wrong?

I also used the Anker charger to charge the batteries, zero issues, everything charged and is fine so far.
EDIT: I just turned the rc on, it's on 70% power. Still using mobile charger. Will update if it changes.
EDIT2: Yea, it just went up to 71%.. again, will update.
2022-5-20
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reading the manual, it would appear that it can flash the 3 green lights between 50% and 75%.
Guessing it might have just been between that. I don't know. Having a difficult day as it is. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Will keep checking / updating.
2022-5-20
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, now at 100%. Took a while but got there. Back of the RC feels warm too.

I'll crawl back into my hole now..
2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-20 16:07
So I've been charging the rc for about 1 to 2 hours, it's only flashing 3 green lights in succession.

Firstly using the Anker charger, it stayed on 3 flashing green lights for about 30mins.

If this is your first charge it will not go any higher than 3 lights untill you register it and update every thing this has been covered on several threads and is what happened to me
2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-20 16:07
So I've been charging the rc for about 1 to 2 hours, it's only flashing 3 green lights in succession.

Firstly using the Anker charger, it stayed on 3 flashing green lights for about 30mins.

If this is your first charge it will not go any higher than 3 lights untill you register it and update every thing this has been covered on several threads and is what happened to me
2022-5-20
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-20 21:21

Oh.... Hahaha. Wish I'd known that. Yea, totally missed that.

Thanks for the information
2022-5-21
Use props
djiuser_5O9ZdJIQacjH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2346 ft
United Kingdom

I recently purchased the dji mini 3 pro with rc controller..Same problem NO bloody charger supplied!! I would of thought after spending £700+ it would come with charger!?@ after much research I purchased a 45w Belkin twin USB-C wall charger from argos..model wch011my £34.99 no lead supplied, but had one in with drone and works fine
2023-5-3
Use props
djiuser_5O9ZdJIQacjH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2346 ft
United Kingdom

I recently purchased the dji mini 3 pro with rc controller..Same problem NO bloody charger supplied!! I would of thought after spending £700+ it would come with charger!?@ after much research I purchased a 45w Belkin twin USB-C wall charger from argos..model wch011my £34.99 no lead supplied, but had one in with drone and works fine
2023-5-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

All my devices are charged with a 8 USB ports multiple charger. (drones, mobile devices, tablets ect)
Never had any problem with my DJI batteries.

cheers
JJB

https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Por ... s%2C176&sr=8-18
Charger.png
2023-5-3
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-3 11:32
Hi,

All my devices are charged with a 8 USB ports multiple charger. (drones, mobile devices, tablets ect)

Wow I like that USB charger JJB- the meter/gauge looks very helpful plus multiple port charging capability. Thanks for sharing, going to order this!
2023-5-3
Use props
Phil Rosa-Leeke
lvl.1
Portugal

Would the Anker USB-C 47W be ok to use with the Mini 4 Pro?

2023-11-21
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

Phil Rosa-Leeke Posted at 11-21 06:45
Would the Anker USB-C 47W be ok to use with the Mini 4 Pro?

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41BqziP5ksL._AC_SX679_.jpg[/img]

I don't see why it should not work. I got the Anker 65W 3 port plug, with 2 type C and one type A, works fine.
2023-11-21
Use props
Phil Rosa-Leeke
lvl.1
Portugal

Sam654 Posted at 11-21 10:15
I don't see why it should not work. I got the Anker 65W 3 port plug, with 2 type C and one type A, works fine.

Thanks for that, one on the way.
2023-11-21
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am using the Anker 715 Nano II 65W chargers, they charge really everything fast, Phones, Tablets, even my HP laptop with an adapter from USB C to HP connector (19,5V output). Highly recommended. All USB C drone batterie charging devices, remote controls, Goggles 2 etc., all DJI stuff with USB C connector are charging very fast. If DJI says "may void warranty", this is ridicolous. If devices have a USB C socket they have to be fully compatible with all chargers with USB C plug. The Anker 715 Nano II 65W delivers all charging profiles necessary, even PPS and PD. Note: I tried newer chargers from Anker, f.i. the 737. And had to send them back because they were not fully compatible. So to be sure stick with the Anker 715. The 65W is offered as Black Friday deal right now.
For german customers:
https://www.amazon.de/Anker-Lade ... hwarz/dp/B094QKV6S8
2023-11-22
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

SeehawerB Posted at 11-22 00:41
I am using the Anker 715 Nano II 65W chargers, they charge really everything fast, Phones, Tablets, even my HP laptop with an adapter from USB C to HP connector (19,5V output). Highly recommended. All USB C drone batterie charging devices, remote controls, Goggles 2 etc., all DJI stuff with USB C connector are charging very fast. If DJI says "may void warranty", this is ridicolous. If devices have a USB C socket they have to be fully compatible with all chargers with USB C plug. The Anker 715 Nano II 65W delivers all charging profiles necessary, even PPS and PD. Note: I tried newer chargers from Anker, f.i. the 737. And had to send them back because they were not fully compatible. So to be sure stick with the Anker 715. The 65W is offered as Black Friday deal right now.
For german customers:
https://www.amazon.de/Anker-Ladeger%C3%A4t-Schnellladeleistung-Technologie-Kompatibel-Schwarz/dp/B094QKV6S8

I nearly bought the DJI 30W one, but it only has one port. So went for the Anker 65W instead.
2023-11-22
Use props
Phil Rosa-Leeke
lvl.1
Portugal

SeehawerB Posted at 11-22 00:41
For german customers:
https://www.amazon.de/Anker-Ladeger%C3%A4t-Schnellladeleistung-Technologie-Kompatibel-Schwarz/dp/B094QKV6S8

I bought the USB-C Anker 67 W and I am really pleased with it. It will charge the RC and the batteries all at the same time without any fuss.
https://www.amazon.es/-/pt/dp/B0C4YDS6CF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
2023-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules