Thinking about ordering a Mini 3 but need to know this first!
844 16 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Esloan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218120 ft
United States

Does the Mini 3 Pro work with the RC Pro Controller?  I use the RC Pro with my Air 2s and I do not want to carry around multiple controllers if I have the Mini 3 too.  So, does it work currently, and if not, when can we expect it to work with the RC Pro?

TIA!
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Esloan. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of this time the DJI Mini 3 Pro currently supports two remote controllers - DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller and DJI RC. Thank you.
2022-5-19
Use props
Esloan
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 20:47
Hello there Esloan. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of this time the DJI Mini 3 Pro currently supports two remote controllers - DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller and DJI RC. Thank you.

do we have an eta of when the RC Pro controller will be supported?  Or if it will be supported?

Thanks!
2022-5-19
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

ranges in CE and even on FCC are bad!!!
2022-5-19
Use props
Esloan
lvl.2
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 5-19 21:39
ranges in CE and even on FCC are bad!!!

No idea what you are talking about.  My range with RC Pro controller is great.
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Esloan Posted at 5-19 22:26
No idea what you are talking about.  My range with RC Pro controller is great.

Hes talking about the Mini3 range not the pro controller.

51 drones doesnt think that the Pro controller will support the mini3,  but he didnt back that up with data.   
2022-5-19
Use props
Esloan
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 23:16
Hes talking about the Mini3 range not the pro controller.

51 drones doesnt think that the Pro controller will support the mini3,  but he didnt back that up with data.

Man, that would kind make me mad.  I spent a ton on the controller and part of that was the assumption it would work with at least a few of the newer drones.
2022-5-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not being nasty but it seems unwise to make purchases based on assumptions especially where hi tech still is concerned.
2022-5-20
Use props
Esloan
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-20 00:13
Not being nasty but it seems unwise to make purchases based on assumptions especially where hi tech still is concerned.

Well, that was obviously not the only reason but it seemed a fair assumption.  I mean $1200 for a controller, you would think it would be able to control more than just 2 models.  lol
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Esloan Posted at 5-19 21:30
do we have an eta of when the RC Pro controller will be supported?  Or if it will be supported?

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your attention to DJI RC Pro. Currently, DJI RC Pro only supports Mavic 3 and DJI Air 2S. We have not received any notification of adaptation for other models. Please rest assured and keep attention to our website update notes. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I truly hope that in the near future DJI will do a firmware update so that the DJI RC Pro controller is compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.  Right now I'm sure they are just trying to boost sales of the DJI RC paired with the Mini 3 Pro.  
2022-5-20
Use props
SzymonN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1947201 ft
  • >>>
Poland

How much time i must .
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Esloan Posted at 5-19 21:30

Thanks!

Hi there Esloan. Thank you for the reply and for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future compatibility updates for the new DJI Mini 3 Pro and with regards to this inquiry. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-5-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I'd be glad to have RC Pro support for Mini 3 sooner as this will be a huge advantage for me!
2022-5-28
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Personally, I think it was a mistake to roll out the Mini 3 with yet another controller while we have the RC Pro which is still relatively new.  It would have made more sense to roll out the Mini 3 with the RC Pro and just make them compatible from the start.
2022-5-30
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

dr6583 Posted at 5-30 01:25
Personally, I think it was a mistake to roll out the Mini 3 with yet another controller while we have the RC Pro which is still relatively new.  It would have made more sense to roll out the Mini 3 with the RC Pro and just make them compatible from the start.

I tend to agree. I am a bit puzzled why DJI segments their product line so. Im sure the reason is to maximize profits, but there really is ZERO reason why the mini 3 pro shouldnt be working with the rc pro. A $1200 controller, which has the capability to fly every drone the RC N1 can fly, but they just dont allow it to.

I would buy the mini 3 pro if it worked with the rc pro. If it is never made to work with the rc pro I will never buy it. I am just not going to carry around 2 remotes so DJI can force fragmentation in their product lines. I think if DJI was an American company, or perhaps just a western company, it wouldnt take this route, but being a chinese company, they do things a little different.
2022-5-30
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mini 3 is an entry level drone (yes with "pro" features), now with an entry level RC with a screen. Getting controllers with screens in the hands of as many customers as possible, right off the bat, is a brilliant move. Those who continue on with the hobby will most likely opt for the RC Pro with their next "upgrade." Thus, at this time the A2S and M3 are the next logical steps for consumers.
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules