Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First double flips and rolls
690 14 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

It's so exhilarating and gets the heart pumping, when flying, flipping and rolling! Went ahead and gained some height and went for the double flips and rolls. Still have a lot of work to do, in order to pull them off just a bit faster (may need to increase the rates a bit) and cleaner, but I'll keep at it. I'm looking forward to doing some of the more advanced moves, like the rubics cube and inverted yaw spins, but I know I'm not even close to that yet.

Also switched from Dashware to Telemetry Overlay, for the recording data. Dashware is great, when it works, but more times than not I would get an error when finalizing the video. It finally irked me enough to spring for Telemetry Overlay, and it's been perfect, so far. Trying to find a way to get the info, without cluttering up the screen too much. Watching this finalized video, I realized that I could probably reduce the gauge sizes a bit more, for a little bit of a cleaner look.

I'm open to feedback, thoughts and criticism.

2022-5-19
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

You did a great job and telemetry overlay is my go to program also. You'll learn what gages need to be there and which ones don't and definitely learn to resize them as necessary. When you get a package that you like save it as a preset so you won't have to do as much work in the edit.

Also one of my preferences is to drop the drone sound. I haven't met anyone yet who actually likes to hear it. Pick some music or get some copyright free music whichever you like and post that with the video.

Keep up the good work
2022-5-19
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice - the overlay is great.  I haven't left sport mode yet, but this is encouraging.
2022-5-19
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

Hi there

Oklahoma How can i forget.
Great Double Flips . You can Allow SgtRay to teach you some Basics if that makes his day Wahaha.

2022-5-19
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

SgtRay Posted at 5-19 19:26
You did a great job and telemetry overlay is my go to program also. You'll learn what gages need to be there and which ones don't and definitely learn to resize them as necessary. When you get a package that you like save it as a preset so you won't have to do as much work in the edit.

Also one of my preferences is to drop the drone sound. I haven't met anyone yet who actually likes to hear it. Pick some music or get some copyright free music whichever you like and post that with the video.

Thanks! Yeah, I like the slimline look of what I have, but think I need to reduce the sizes some. I'll keep messing with it. I did post 1 video with music, but need to find a better assortment. I think my wife has a site she uses, I just keep forgetting to ask her because I do most the edits after she's gone to sleep. Thank you for the encouragement and feedback.
2022-5-19
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

Porktree Posted at 5-19 19:28
Very nice - the overlay is great.  I haven't left sport mode yet, but this is encouraging.

Thank you! Yeah, I pushed myself hard to get into Manual, spending SEVERAL hours on Sims in just a matter of days. Really enjoy the flipping, falling, and rolling.... even if it's probably not good for my heart.
2022-5-19
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

MAF178 Posted at 5-19 19:38
Hi there

Oklahoma How can i forget.

Oklahoma is quite forgettable, actually. I wish I had more peaks and valleys close by, like Chaos, but it's just flatland for the most part. I really need to take a short road trip to Pitcher, so I can fly down all the chat piles!

Yeah, I've watched several of SgtRays videos and he guided me to the overlay path. I still have a lot to learn and I'm loving every minute of it. Appreciate your feedback.
2022-5-19
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

RH009 Posted at 5-19 20:00
Oklahoma is quite forgettable, actually.  I wish I had more peaks and valleys close by, like Chaos, but it's just flatland for the most part. I really need to take a short road trip to Pitcher, so I can fly down all the chat piles!

Yeah, I've watched several of SgtRays videos and he guided me to the overlay path. I still have a lot to learn and I'm loving every minute of it. Appreciate your feedback.

He is good in overlaying

My pleasure
2022-5-19
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

Aww  Come on guys you're making me blush. Lol
2022-5-19
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

SgtRay Posted at 5-19 20:32
Aww  Come on guys you're making me blush. Lol

You deserve the Tips James and you did a good job.
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RH009. Good day and thank you for posting this cool FPV video that you have filmed. Great work and keep flying.
2022-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that's some exhilarating footage.   
2022-5-20
Use props
RickyinCO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568340 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I will agree that the Telemetry Overlay program is worth every penny. I am also using it to process some of my videos of a 1200 mile thru hike I did. I actually hiked it twice (all 1200 miles each time) but only filmed it once with my gopro mounted on me.

Also agree with What is said about SgtRay - very helpful. I contacted him about the decal he has on his FPV and he pointed me to the site. I since bought it and installed it on my FPV. Real nice looking and popular skin so thanks SgtRay for the tip
2022-5-20
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

RickyinCO Posted at 5-20 09:49
Yes, I will agree that the Telemetry Overlay program is worth every penny. I am also using it to process some of my videos of a 1200 mile thru hike I did. I actually hiked it twice (all 1200 miles each time) but only filmed it once with my gopro mounted on me.

Also agree with What is said about SgtRay - very helpful. I contacted him about the decal he has on his FPV and he pointed me to the site. I since bought it and installed it on my FPV. Real nice looking and popular skin so thanks SgtRay for the tip

Your welcome and thanks to all of you. But don't forget I want pic's! of that skin!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=249095
2022-5-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool to see!
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced