Last try regarding Sphere Panorama
1994 26 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

There are hundreds of users here who already own the Mini 3 Pro. Who have probably also done a firmware update. Have any of you finally tried if DJI solved the sphere panorama sky problem with the update? The update feature list is so squishy that you still can't tell from it if a gimbal setting of 60° (or even more) is now possible in the panorama!

I have canceled my order and as long as I do not know one hundred percent for sure whether the camera plays out its full capacity and as long as the serious problem with the signal strength remains, I will definitely not renew this order.
2022-5-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am fairly certain i saw a full sphere uploaded to FB the other day, will try to find it, not looking good, 2 I've found so far have the top missing (filled in)
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I took a test sphere yesterday,  you can see it here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2022-5-19
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 23:14
I took a test sphere yesterday,  you can see it here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=265304&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline

Okay, thanks, I see it's still the same misery as before. Only 3 rows of 7 to 8 (?) images plus one down. And the rest filled with spongy blue. Max. Gimbal angle 20°. No better than my four year old Mavic Air One. No attempt by DJI to really take advantage of the gimbal control capabilities.

No, no - so it will be nothing with a new order.
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 5-19 23:45
Okay, thanks, I see it's still the same misery as before. Only 3 rows of 7 to 8 (?) images plus one down. And the rest filled with spongy blue. Max. Gimbal angle 20°. No better than my four year old Mavic Air One. No attempt by DJI to really take advantage of the gimbal control capabilities.

No, no - so it will be nothing with a new order.

26 raw images are saved when you do a sphere.   It would be nice if they were improving on it for sure.
2022-5-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 23:49
26 raw images are saved when you do a sphere.   It would be nice if they were improving on it for sure.

Litchi allows you to select the number of rows and columns, and nadir points, you require.  I've been manually stitching upto 88 images using Kolor Autopano Giga.  And you've seen the results.
2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is a Pano I took yesterday with my Mini 3 Pro.

https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/first-360-pano-from-my-mini-3
2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-20 02:20

The stitching is pants....
2022-5-20
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 23:14
I took a test sphere yesterday,  you can see it here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=265304&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline

That's a really good stitch! Do you know if you are on the same firmware as Bigplumbs as his stitch seems to have stitching errors on the horizon but I'm guessing was done in the drone too?
2022-5-20
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

I have nothing to add to this posting: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 609&pid=2748120
Thank you DJI! (sarcasm)
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-20 03:37
That's a really good stitch! Do you know if you are on the same firmware as Bigplumbs as his stitch seems to have stitching errors on the horizon but I'm guessing was done in the drone too?

I’m on firmware v01.00.0100 - that sphere was jpg straight from the drone, no edits etc.  
2022-5-20
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 03:52
I’m on firmware v01.00.0100 - that sphere was jpg straight from the drone, no edits etc.

Very good to know. Cheers
2022-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-20 02:20

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-20 17:32
Very good to know. Cheers

No probs Bustty.  
2022-5-21
Use props
fans0c7f0953
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7878520 ft
  • >>>
Austria

no, sadly this drone has the same zenith problem issue as the others - so no game changer, which is such a pity.  im doing VR-tours for construction sites, inside churches etc. Now dji developed a drone that really can tilt up and thus would be able to do full spheres. But still the sphere of this drone blurres the top 20 of the top. What a shame when u fly in churches and wanna do spheres and show the beautiful inside roof paintings or in huge halls, etc. I was hoping for that, and dont understand why dji kills this absolute USP on the market, given the fact its the first to tilt up that high on 60° - including the ngel inside the oens 90° would be ieasily possible. what a shame. for all who are looking for beter panos: dont buy it - it is the same as before.
2022-5-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

fans0c7f0953 Posted at 5-22 19:09
no, sadly this drone has the same zenith problem issue as the others - so no game changer, which is such a pity.  im doing VR-tours for construction sites, inside churches etc. Now dji developed a drone that really can tilt up and thus would be able to do full spheres. But still the sphere of this drone blurres the top 20 of the top. What a shame when u fly in churches and wanna do spheres and show the beautiful inside roof paintings or in huge halls, etc. I was hoping for that, and dont understand why dji kills this absolute USP on the market, given the fact its the first to tilt up that high on 60° - including the ngel inside the oens 90° would be ieasily possible. what a shame. for all who are looking for beter panos: dont buy it - it is the same as before.

You would really hope the tech team alter future firmware for this. In the meantime I would do the 360 pano then take manual contol tilt the gimbal to +60% take four shots in a circle then stitch in PTGUI or Microsoft ICE or some other capable 360 Pano editor.

This is still the only new drone on the market at this level that can do that...
EDIT: P.S. DJI I hope you are listening. This design aspect needs to be included in all future drone designs as it opens many doors and would seem a step backwards to not have this going forward on your flagship drones
2022-5-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-20 03:00
The stitching is pants....

I have shown that to many people and they were very impressed.

You do make me laugh no drone but loads of posts……….why should any one take you seriously
2022-5-22
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

First test today, shooting 'Sphere' DNGs returns 3 rows of 8 images (26 total), but looking at this in PtGui, it's pretty obvious that the 'Sphere' is lacking ALL SKY elements!
This was my major purchase decision for this drone; A SPHERE IS 360x180 degrees, DJI!

Please fix this in your next firmware update, urgently!  I'm a Virtual tour creator and this is a major selling point for DJI vs Parrot -  but only When It Works! @DJIstephen

2022-5-23
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

AVsupport Posted at 5-23 20:57
First test today, shooting 'Sphere' DNGs returns 3 rows of 8 images (26 total), but looking at this in PtGui, it's pretty obvious that the 'Sphere' is lacking ALL SKY elements!
This was my major purchase decision for this drone;  A SPHERE IS 360x180 degrees, DJI!

This is one of the few threads where a DJI bot didn't drop his meaningless comment right at the beginning. I think with some topics it is like with the Three Monkeys: hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing...
2022-5-23
Use props
Limonadenwaschbär
lvl.2
Flight distance : 475026 ft
Austria

I could not even think of the Mini 3 Pro and the panorama mode, that it will not support shooting in vertical mode.
Unfortunately these rather small software tweaks which would enable the Mini 3 Pro such more potential were left out in previous drones too.
There is no way that AEB + panorama could not be activated together yet this function never existed even in DJI Go.

Please, please, please DJI, consider this adjustment to fully support the great hardware you built with the Mini 3 Pro.
2022-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You know they are not bots, typical German arrogance, they are Admin and Mods, real people that will use canned messages to save typing the same replies over and over again just like many online support companies do, they are media relations, that's all, they are a go-between for tech support when needed, don't be so blooming rude,
2022-5-23
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-22 21:15

You do make me laugh no drone but loads of posts……….why should any one take you seriously

Bigplimbs

I know you seem to think because you have already purchased and received your mini 3 you think no one else has a right to comment but you fail to release that most users on here have several DJI drones and understand how to fly and how to fly safely.

I can remember the Mavic One being a nightmare at launch and the software/firmware being at fault several times from DJI
2022-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AVsupport Posted at 5-23 20:57
This was my major purchase decision for this drone;  A SPHERE IS 360x180 degrees, DJI!

If you have serious concerns such as this, it is better to contact support@dji.com in the 1st instance, the staff here will only pass on your feedback but that's where it normally stops, you will not get any response from tech support...
2022-5-23
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 5-23 23:13
You know they are not bots, typical German arrogance, they are Admin and Mods, real people that will use canned messages to save typing the same replies over and over again just like many online support companies do, they are media relations, that's all, they are a go-between for tech support when needed, don't be so blooming rude,

Bashy's bashing... huh... me ugly german, me...
2022-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-22 21:15

You do make me laugh no drone but loads of posts……….why should any one take you seriously

Just because some are impressed doesn't negate the fact that the stitching isn't great...

I have 2 DJI drones, i know how they work, you just don't like hearing any criticism against it because you don't like the idea that you spent all that money on it instead of waiting for real feedback.

By the way, how's ya poll doing?  ;)

I will say again, i have offered to meet up with you numerous times so you could show me what's what with it seen as we are not a million miles away from each other, yet you blank me every time, why would you not want to, you keep praising it,  so show me? or is that why you're trying to push me away with your jibs and jabs, so i won't feel inclined to want to meet anymore, heck, even more so, when and where?
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_kdqKzv3ra7hu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am really hoping for a update (the sooner the better) so that the sphere takes full advantage of the 60 degree up angle on the mini 3, a little disappointed it isn't there already, so much so I was surprised when I saw the first stitched image on my drone .
Wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to add (the stitching might be difficult if the sky is to uniform maybe but the drone does know the angle and orientation of the pictures) I would at least like the option even if I have to stitch myself.
Will have to experiment with manually taking extra images and hope I don't miss any parts or leave gaps.
2022-6-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_kdqKzv3ra7hu Posted at 6-5 02:43
I am really hoping for a update (the sooner the better) so that the sphere takes full advantage of the 60 degree up angle on the mini 3, a little disappointed it isn't there already, so much so I was surprised when I saw the first stitched image on my drone .
Wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to add (the stitching might be difficult if the sky is to uniform maybe but the drone does know the angle and orientation of the pictures) I would at least like the option even if I have to stitch myself.
Will have to experiment with manually taking extra images and hope I don't miss any parts or leave gaps.

no issues stitching with the regular 26 shots and a bunch of verticals. So far result is perfect and a lot easier and faster than what i could achieve with the mini 2, as there the sky was mostly filled in photoshop.
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules