12Next >
4360 57 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Photobash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133576 ft
United States

Very happy with my new Mavic 3 - which I had been flying for a few days.

Unfortunately, after no issues with a Phantom 4 for five years, after three days with the Mavic 3, it suddenly just started flying off backwards full speed and into a building.
Wasn't flying high, around 25m, but enough to completely wreck the drone.
Had absolutely no control over it from one second to the other, I guess obstactle avoidance didnt do its work preventing the crash either, it just went full kamikazi for no apparent reason.

Fortunately I got the wreckage and SD card (footage saved, yay). When I checked the flight logs, I noticed the last two logs looked dodgy and had no 'distance' info (even though it was connected to between 7-10 satellites at all times. I'm suspecting no homepoint, still I feel like this shouldn't have happened...

Wondering if I can get a replacement under warranty, I do have DJI Care Refresh but this was not due to pilot error (i'm extremely paranoid and careful pilot), it just decided to destroy itself out of nowhere... Not a nice feeling to lose a 3k investment just like that... And the flight data doesn't seem to be complete and missing data. Will they tell me its my fault?

Adding the flight log data in the attachment.

EDIT: https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4C18C5EZAOZ3AVYPWKNH/

DJIFlightRecord_2022-05-20_[21-23-24].txt.zip

566.12 KB, Down times: 20

last flight

2022-5-20
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Contact support, and provide lthe ogs, I'm pretty sure they would ask you to send it back and will issue you a new one.
2022-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight.

Flight started with  8 satellites with bad recpetion, so icon top right fly app amber.
No HomePoint set in "amber", icon needs to be white!
During the whole flight bad GPS reception, so HP was never set.
Flying away with no HP set is not a wise thing to do....if you need it  RTH brings your drone not back to you!

At the end of your flight GPS reception really bad, actually a zero so icon into red.

many warnings in the log : GPS signal weak. Fly with caution. / Aircraft in Altitude Zone. Max altitude set to 30m

With weak GPS fly stability  can be worse....

So what went wrong?

You did not wait for enough satellites to see that white icon, HP is set only when icon turns white.
Last records in the log does not show the crash, guess the connection failed that time.
GPS Signal zero, so perhaps last part in ATTI mode.

BTW distance is indeed missing as this cannot be calculated due to the missing HomePoint.
Sorry for your loss, but not the M3 to blame.

BUT at 2m56s in flight your M3 stopped to use GPS data! FlightMode did not change, wich is weird. As with no GPS usage drone will enter ATTI mode.This is for DJI to answer/explain.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis3.png
2022-5-20
Use props
Photobash
lvl.2
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-20 09:57
Hi,

[Image]

Hmm, not understanding why it's my fault if the drone let's me take off. The limitations of bad GPS are set by the drone (30m max altitude). No more satellites connect in this area, even after waiting 20min...

So you're saying that due to flying in this condition (I don't need RTH if I can see the drone in front of me) its my fault that it just flies off into a building without me touching the controller, and no obstacle avoidance to break or avoid collision? This doesn't sound reasonable.
2022-5-20
Use props
Photobash
lvl.2
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-20 09:57
Hi,

[Image]

Hmm, not understanding why it's my fault if the drone let's me take off. The limitations of bad GPS are set by the drone (30m max altitude). No more satellites connect in this area, even after waiting 20min...
'GPS signal weak fly with caution' is exactly what I did. Fly slowly with caution. Far away from any obstacles, slowly and below the altitude limit...

So you're saying that due to flying in this condition (I don't need RTH if I can see the drone in front of me) its my fault that it just flies off into a building without me touching the controller, and no obstacle avoidance to break or avoid collision? This doesn't sound reasonable.
2022-5-20
Use props
Photobash
lvl.2
United States

Sorry for repost, I did edit but it posted again :/
2022-5-20
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with @JJB that you do not wait for a Homepoint. Also, DJI will probably say the same thing but at the same time, I will ask DJI why after 3 minutes and over 90FT altitude the drone is not getting satellites? Do we need to burn the whole battery waiting? Why the flagship drone (consumer drone) is having these issues?
On the other side. ATTI mode is not an uncontrollable mode. Is just the drone will not lock the position by GPS and you need to actually fly the drone manually like the RC Helicopters or airplanes. You need to practice those skills as a pilot but the M3 should not behave like that anyway.  

Is this in a dark environment? even if you lose GPS signal the drone has vision sensors that will stabilize the drone if is sufficient light. If not you will be in full ATTI mode.

I am sure they will replace the drone with a new one at no charge.
2022-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Photobash Posted at 5-20 10:42

Hi,

Flying with a low number of satellites is risky, if you loose few satellites than drone will fly unstable and/or enters ATTI mode. So do not fly with low number of sats!

FlyApp lets you start a flight with zero sats, flying in ATTI or OPTI (usage of vison for stability) ; remote pilot responsible for doing so understanding the risk.

Flying away from your own postion without HP set....well  as long as the drone never loose connection you can fly your drone back manually ; no problem. BUT in the case of a long disconnect it will enter RTH mode and fly back to HP on its own.....if HP is set ofcourse.
If HP is set during flight ( above water...)  it will fly black to HP and land into the water.
So NEVER start a flight without HP set at takeoff postion.

In ATTI mode, when you are not in control, a drone can fly 'away' on the last speed set when in control.
It doesn`t stop in ATTI mode. No OA in atti mode. Stabilty in Vision mode ofcourse only whithing the sensor range and good visual reference.

Your 30 meter height limit was set to that value because of flying in an altidude zone, nothing to do with low numbet of sats.
[ GPS signal weak. Fly with caution. Aircraft in Altitude Zone. Max altitude set to 30m ]

Hope DJI will help you out ofcourse, do ask DJI why your M3 stopped using GPS!

cheers
JJB

2022-5-20
Use props
Photobash
lvl.2
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 5-20 10:54
I agree with @JJB that you do not wait for a Homepoint. Also, DJI will probably say the same thing but at the same time, I will ask DJI why after 3 minutes and over 90FT altitude the drone is not getting satellites? Do we need to burn the whole battery waiting? Why the flagship drone (consumer drone) is having these issues?
On the other side. ATTI mode is not an uncontrollable mode. Is just the drone will not lock the position by GPS and you need to actually fly the drone manually like the RC Helicopters or airplanes. You need to practice those skills as a pilot but the M3 should not behave like that anyway.  

I waited very long but it never got more satellites. Happened on previous flights and I just flew carefully with visual line of sight, low altitude and no issues. Not sure if that equates to therefore it is my fault, drone shouldn't take off if flying conditions are too unsafe.

When GPS is lost completely it should also switch to ATTI which didn't happen and even then it doesn't fly off into a direction and obstacle avoidance should still work?

Anyway hope you're right that they will replace it at no cost.
2022-5-20
Use props
Photobash
lvl.2
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 5-20 10:54

Daytime lots of sunlight... Lots of space
2022-5-20
Use props
Photobash
lvl.2
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-20 11:04
Hi,

Flying with a low number of satellites is risky, if you loose few satellites than drone will fly unstable and/or enters ATTI mode. So do not fly with low number of sats!

Well satellites randomly switch from 15 to 3 at a whim. Even if you take off with enough, in the few days I used it it often dropped to too low where the warning appeared, then gone again. With this logic it is never safe to fly tbh...

Regarding HP, yes sure it's better to have it, but I don't think it matters in this case, I am flying being visually close to the drone, it should be fine. HP did not appear after waiting a long time.

Also not sure how to predict that it would switch to ATTI out of nowhere (if that is some kind of explanation that the drone can just fly off into nowhere and stop obstacle avoidance) The entire flight had 7-10 sats, sure its a few too low but it's not 0..
2022-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Photobash Posted at 5-20 11:10
Well satellites randomly switch from 15 to 3 at a whim. Even if you take off with enough, in the few days I used it it often dropped to too low where the warning appeared, then gone again. With this logic it is never safe to fly tbh...

Regarding HP, yes sure it's better to have it, but I don't think it matters in this case, I am flying being visually close to the drone, it should be fine. HP did not appear after waiting a long time.

Number of satellites alone does not say it all about flying in a GPS stabilized mode.
Depends also wich satellites are received, where they are positioned in the sky.

GPS icon = red > not enough to fly in a GPS mode
GPS icon = amber > enough for GPS mode
GPS icon - white > enough for HP to be set.

Changing Red to Amber : sometimes with 7 sats, sometimes with 11 or more...
Same for the other colour changing.

Guess you do not understand fully the importance of a HP. If in your flight (wich was over water) HP was set 30 seconds in flight (GPS icon into white) AND during flight for some reason you did loose connection, your drone was flying back to HP and landed in water!

cheers
JJB
2022-5-20
Use props
Photobash
lvl.2
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-20 11:20
Number of satellites alone does not say it all about flying in a GPS stabilized mode.
Depends also wich satellites are received, where they are positioned in the sky.

I do understand the importance of it, I've been flying for 6 years... And yes, in your scenario that could have happened if for some reason it set home point in water and it lost connection (even though I'm walking parallel to it and have near perfect connection to the drone)

All of this is beside the point though... What I'm trying to figure out is, will I get warranty replacement or pay using dji care. From what I gather, despite warnings of GPS, it doesn't seem like the drone would crash itself and fail to break when flying towards a giant building.

Also, regarding your comment, it seems that when the GPS reception is low, the limit is 30m, and it switches to 150m when there is more sats. Atleast this is what I experienced in all previous flights with the M3.
2022-5-20
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

As JJB mention. The amount of satellites does not mean too much. I get the homepoint sometimes with 9 satellites and sometimes with 15. The importance is the amount of satellite signal or data the drone receive. Not all the satellites provide the same information the drone needs in order to establish the homepoint.

Flying in height altitude the vision sensor does not help too much in order to stabilize the drone specially in open areas. The ideal is wait for homepoint but shame on dji the most expensive consumer drone taking forever acquiring satellite signal. The new firmware is promising to improve the problem. Just contact dji and provide all the logs. Also you maybe able to recover the cheche log video.
2022-5-20
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

JJB* Posted at 5-20 11:04
Hi,

I have flown my Air 2S in a subterrain garage in ATTI mode, no GPS, poor light and the drone is perfectably controlable. No issues at all. Even with low light the vision sensors work as suposed. They detect a wall and drone stops.
2022-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Photobash Posted at 5-20 11:25
I do understand the importance of it, I've been flying for 6 years... And yes, in your scenario that could have happened if for some reason it set home point in water and it lost connection (even though I'm walking parallel to it and have near perfect connection to the drone)

All of this is beside the point though... What I'm trying to figure out is, will I get warranty replacement or pay using dji care. From what I gather, despite warnings of GPS, it doesn't seem like the drone would crash itself and fail to break when flying towards a giant building.

No, your 30 meter height limit was not there bc of the GPS, as said by Altitude zone.
Number of GPS does not set a max height limit to 150 meter or to any height.

With low GPS recpetion and Vision Active it will be set to 30 meters.
With low GPS reception and Vision Not Active it will be set to 5 meter. (btw wrong in the manual)

With just above low GPS recpetion no height limit will be set.
And in your log the Vision was not active.

IMO DJI will not replace your M3, OR they will if they cannot explain why your M3 stopped using GPS!

EDIT : see text in post #41, explanation for not using GPS data.
so  hope the best for your.

About HP, oke it you will never loose connection than it is not important to have a HP set  ;-)

cheers
JJB
2022-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-20 12:03
I have flown my Air 2S in a subterrain garage in ATTI mode, no GPS, poor light and the drone is perfectably controlable. No issues at all. Even with low light the vision sensors work as suposed. They detect a wall and drone stops.

ofcourse, no wind in a garage   so not really hard to control, but when the vision is active it will fly in OPTI mode!But on the APP screen you see ATTI wich is incorrect!

Try it again in flight with forward and roll stick applied the moment your MA2S drops into ATTI !

see this

cheers
JJB

2022-5-20
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

JJB* Posted at 5-20 12:08
ofcourse, no wind in a garage   so not really hard to control, but when the vision is active it will fly in OPTI mode!But on the APP screen you see ATTI wich is incorrect!

Try it again in flight with forward and roll stick applied the moment your MA2S drops into ATTI !

Yep i get what you are saying.  You are right. But even then vision sensors should have done their job.
2022-5-20
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

But i must say i would NEVER, but NEVER fly outside without a GPS lock and Homepoint recorded, thats a no no for me.
2022-5-20
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Photobash Posted at 5-20 11:10

If neither you nor the drone activated RTH then HP is irrelevant.  
2022-5-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plenty of ways to crash a drone.  When the pilot says "the drone let me do it" I lose sympathy.
2022-5-20
Use props
Photobash
lvl.2
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-20 14:49
Plenty of ways to crash a drone.  When the pilot says "the drone let me do it" I lose sympathy.

Sure, but I didn't exactly say that. Was just a response to the statement that flying with only 7-10 sattelites connected somehow warrants the drone going kamikaze.

None of the log details or replies so far explain why it would be true pilot error, and if the drone is up in the air succesfully and you're not touching the controller there really shouldnt be a reason why it would fly off by itself and collide with a building 30m away without any user input and totally ignoring the otherwise excellent obstacle avoidance. Ive tried flying this drone into trees and other obstacles prior and it will literally avoid everything. The drone went haywire, seamingly out of the blue.
2022-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I noticed the last two logs looked dodgy and had no 'distance' info (even though it was connected to between 7-10 satellites at all times. I'm suspecting no homepoint, still I feel like this shouldn't have happened...
On the contrary ... As a result your choice of a poor flying location, GPS reliability never exceeded 2/5 for the whole flight and it would have had no horizontal position holding for the whole flight.

I do have DJI Care Refresh but this was not due to pilot error (i'm extremely paranoid and careful pilot),
The data suggests otherwise.
You chose the flying location surrounded by tall buildings that blocked GPS reception.
You chose to launch and continue the flight without GPS and weren't aware that the drone didn't have GPS position holding .
It looks like the person working the controller was the problem.

it just decided to destroy itself out of nowhere...
We can't see the crash or what might have contributed to it in the data as it finishes with the drone 85 feet up and no indication of any impact.
There's nothing in your flight data to show this.
We can't see the crash or what might have contributed to it in the data as it finishes with the drone 85 feet up and no indication of any impact.
But given your lack of awareness of safe flying practice, I would suspect that whatever happened was due to operator error rather than your improbable explanation of the drone deciding to destroy itself.

Your subsequent suggestions that the drone should have prevented you launching further shows that you haven't learned much about the functioning of drones, despite your claimed experience.

2022-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Photobash Posted at 5-20 15:11
Sure, but I didn't exactly say that. Was just a response to the statement that flying with only 7-10 sattelites connected somehow warrants the drone going kamikaze.

None of the log details or replies so far explain why it would be true pilot error, and if the drone is up in the air succesfully and you're not touching the controller there really shouldnt be a reason why it would fly off by itself and collide with a building 30m away without any user input and totally ignoring the otherwise excellent obstacle avoidance. Ive tried flying tYour GPhis drone into trees and other obstacles prior and it will literally avoid everything. The drone went haywire, seamingly out of the blue.

Sure, but I didn't exactly say that. Was just a response to the  statement that flying with only 7-10 sattelites connected somehow  warrants the drone going kamikaze.

The number of satellites is almost irrelevant.
You flew in a very poor location, between a canyon of tall buildings that block a proper skyview.
What satellites you could pick up were in a narrow band, so there wasn't a proper spread of sats that would provide proper GPS.
In this environment, what position data the drone had was highly unreliable, but you weren'tt aware of what a poor location you chose and what that meant for the safety of the drone.

None of the log details or replies so far explain why it would be true pilot error, and if the drone is up in the air succesfully and you're not touching the controller there really shouldnt be a reason why it would fly off by itself and collide with a building 30m away without any user input and totally ignoring the otherwise excellent obstacle avoidance. Ive tried flying this drone into trees and other obstacles prior and it will literally avoid everything. The drone went haywire, seamingly out of the blue.
You really don't understand much about drone flying, do you?
Like the way that obstacle avoidance can't work without good GPS reception.
Without GPS, your drone lacks horizontal position holding and it has no "brakes".

The more you protest about how it was the fault of the drone, the more it looks like a case of operator error.
2022-5-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed with @Labroides.

Take ownership, learn, and move on.
2022-5-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Where I see DJI at fault, is DJI failing to fix ongoing problem with Mavic-3 Pro taking far to long to get GPS Satellite Fix and set it's Home Point.   Owners are and have grown impatient waiting for a fix and waiting for Mavic-3 to achieve GPS Fix.

I can sympathize with M3 owners after being stuck with MPp which would call for compass calibration on first flight of day and sometimes on subsequent flights.  Compass Calibration messages quickly became Cry of Wolf.  Resulting in Ignore and fly.  Thus, I can see where M3 owner would say _____ it and fly; after waiting for months only to get a non-fix or semi-improvement.

Doesn't help things when a (non-DJI) video (or was it two) promoted idea of hovering M3 around, gaining altitude, flying forward or backward, to supposedly get M3 past slow GPS Fix (lock) problem.  False sense of security and having done something.  Video(s) really amounting to giving pilot something to do for a few minutes, which otherwise M3 would have spent on ground doing same.

However, in end, the owner made choice to fly without sufficient GPS Satellites and GPS signal strengths to ensure M3 knew it's location in relation to ground.   What M3 owners should do is start returning M3s for repair, replacement, or demanding refund do to defect in firmware, hardware, or both.

2022-5-20
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks to me like you were taking off on a bridge or road over water. I've had trouble in several locations doing that in the past. Gps  and Compass anomalies and the drone just starts going crazy. I believe it's all the rebar (metal) in the concrete.
2022-5-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 5-20 19:16
Looks to me like you were taking off on a bridge or road over water. I've had trouble in several locations doing that in the past. Gps  and Compass anomalies and the drone just starts going crazy. I believe it's all the rebar (metal) in the concrete.

I believe it's all the rebar (metal) in the concrete.

Jimmy Hoffa begs to differ.

2022-5-20
Use props
flyflyawayhome
lvl.4

United States

Photobash Posted at 5-20 11:25

Given your comment I've highlighted and your belief that since "it let" you operate the craft, you demonstrate poor judgement.

You need to be having this discussion with DJI, not this peanut gallery.
2022-5-20
Use props
flyflyawayhome
lvl.4

United States

This duplicate has been deleted.
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period for each part, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-5-20
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In you're flight log you took off from a bridge on West Madison Street, said bridge has steel beems on it  that will cause gps problems in it's self.
2022-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mattft86 Posted at 5-20 23:46
In you're flight log you took off from a bridge on West Madison Street, said bridge has steel beems on it  that will cause gps problems in it's self.

Powering ON a drone on steel bridges ect sometimes cause Compass problems not GPS problems.
2022-5-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 5-20 17:21
I noticed the last two logs looked dodgy and had no 'distance' info (even though it was connected to between 7-10 satellites at all times. I'm suspecting no homepoint, still I feel like this shouldn't have happened...
On the contrary ... As a result your choice of a poor flying location, GPS reliability never exceeded 2/5 for the whole flight and it would have had no horizontal position holding for the whole flight.

Hi,

Your text:

Data is the log shows that this M3 was holding horizontal position in the first part of the flight ; see my chart. I just picked out 1 data stream to make it clear, see the RC forward input.
When applied: M3 starts to speed UP, releasing forward stick : M3 start to brake until zero speed and holds hover position.
This only possible when flying in GPS mode.

At 2m56.5s in flight the 0-5 values drops to an almost steady 0 rest of the flight ; so at this point M3 in ATTI mode.
Unfortunately the log shows P-GPS ; ATTI warning on the screen but this is not logged. **
See my other video where i tested this out myself.

** i always advice remote pilots to screen record the fly app, always great to see what is not seen on the screen bc watching at the drone.

cheers
JJB

explanation1.png
2022-5-21
Use props
Photobash
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-20 17:25
Sure, but I didn't exactly say that. Was just a response to the  statement that flying with only 7-10 sattelites connected somehow  warrants the drone going kamikaze.
The number of satellites is almost irrelevant.
You flew in a very poor location, between a canyon of tall buildings that block a proper skyview.

7-10 is not great GPS connection but it's not none. Drone totally had horizontal positioning for most of the flight, not sure where you're getting from that it didn't.

When it lost connection it should have switched to ATTI mode but didn't even though on the screen it said it did.
At this point the drone flew off (path no longer recorded on the logs)

2022-5-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Photobash Posted at 5-21 02:18
7-10 is not great GPS connection but it's not none. Drone totally had horizontal positioning for most of the flight, not sure where you're getting from that it didn't.

When it lost connection it should have switched to ATTI mode but didn't even though on the screen it said it did.

this is your flight summary
ATTI is only seen as a warning + audio warning shortly on your FlyApp screen, DJI forgot the alter the code to change FlightMode into ATTI.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2022-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Photobash Posted at 5-21 02:18

Despite your self-confidence, you have a very poor understanding of drone flying basics and GPS.
You should listen to those that know and are trying to help you.

You aren't sure because there's much you have no idea about.
You had no horizontal position holding for most of the flight because your GPS reliability never exceeded 2/5.

The number of sats is irrelevant.
What's important is that your GPS reliability never went higher than 2/5 for the whole flight.
You never had any horizontal position holding from GPS, because 2/5 is as bad as 0/5.
And if you are flying with GPS reliability at 2 or less, you may as well be flying with no sats at all.

You need to have 4/5 before you get full GPS and a homepoint.
And because you flew in a canyon, you were never going to get the wide spread of sats that's essential for GPS reliability.

Except for the early part of the flight where you may have had some assistance from VPS, yoyr drone was effectively in atti mode for the whole flight.

At this point the drone flew off (path no longer recorded on the logs)
We don't have any data to show what happened when you say the drone flew off on its own, so can't say much about it.
Perhaps it didn't happen the way you think it did.
But you demonstrated enough mistakes for me to have no confidence in your piloting.

2022-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Data is the log shows that this M3 was holding horizontal position in the first part of the flight.
That part of the flight was when the drone was still within VPS range
2022-5-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 5-21 05:44
Data is the log shows that this M3 was holding horizontal position in the first part of the flight.
That part of the flight was when the drone was still within VPS range

nah, check the  OSD.isVisionUsed in the CSV  ; False all the time.
This field is set to True (vision is used) when GPS is not used.
GPS was used until 2m56.6s in flight, after that ATTI mode.

1. You had no horizontal position holding for most of the flight because your GPS reliability never exceeded 2/5.
2. You never had any horizontal position holding from GPS, because 2/5 is as bad as 0/5.
3. You need to have 4/5 before you get full GPS and a homepoint.

You are wrong in a few things, not used from you.
Correction:
1. with 2/5 (GPS icon red>amber) DJI fly app drone in a GPS mode.
2. nope, 0/5 = nothing, 2/5 is minimum to fly GPS mode.
3. 2/5 and more = P GPS mode, at 4/5 GPS icon from amber to white = HP set.

cheers
JJB

2022-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 5-21 09:38
nah, check the  OSD.isVisionUsed in the CSV  ; False all the time.
This field is set to True (vision is used) when GPS is not used.
GPS was used until 2m56.6s in flight, after that ATTI mode.

I doubt this and suspect that the indication of P-GPS is in error.
Usually there will be no indication of P-GPS until GPS reliability reaches 4/5.
If the flight controller doesn't have enough confidence in the location data to record a home point until 4/5, why would it have enough confidence for flight?
With satellites only visible from a narrow slice of sky, there would have been significant inaccuracy in the location data that was available.
2022-5-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules