M3P with RC and Subject Scanning
11825 33 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodc27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Can anyone let me know how the 'Subject Scanning' option can be enabled?
It is unchangeable on my RC.
217173F2-7222-44C2-BDF5-E9CF91EDC0A7.png
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_ENIJLuF7glMj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531719 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried changing it while in flight? I can't change it either when it's grounded, but I'm sure the option was toggleable(?) when in the air.
2022-5-20
Use props
rodc27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

djiuser_ENIJLuF7glMj Posted at 5-20 11:19
Have you tried changing it while in flight? I can't change it either when it's grounded, but I'm sure the option was toggleable(?) when in the air.

Yes, just tried it and it is indeed toggleable in flight.
Very strange that this has to be selected every time.
2022-5-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

What is your camera settings? You must be on 30fps to use this feature.
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Once the Subject Scanning has been enabled the camera will automatically recognize possible targets and a circle icon will be on the subject wherein the user can tap the circle or drag a box around the subject. If you are having issues using such feature, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-5-20
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-20 20:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Once the Subject Scanning has been enabled the camera will automatically recognize possible targets and a circle icon will be on the subject wherein the user can tap the circle or drag a box around the subject. If you are having issues using such feature, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.

"If you are having issues using such feature, feel free to contact us."

Can you confirm that this setting should or should not be switchable while on the ground?
2022-6-28
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-20 20:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Once the Subject Scanning has been enabled the camera will automatically recognize possible targets and a circle icon will be on the subject wherein the user can tap the circle or drag a box around the subject. If you are having issues using such feature, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.

You can only activate that option when the drone is airborne!
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jefish Posted at 6-28 15:08
"If you are having issues using such feature, feel free to contact us."

Can you confirm that this setting should or should not be switchable while on the ground?

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the late response. You may refer to SafariMan post #7 as the said feature can only be used when the unit is in the air. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-7-15
Use props
fansb3693b7a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334685 ft
United States

Is there a technical (or other) reason why this toggle is only available during flight?
(and why it always resets to OFF)

It seems intuitive that this would be a persistent set-and-forget default that you shouldn't need to think about during pre-flight checklist (in addition to maps, phone hotspot, etc and all the other things that go into the process BEFORE even taking off)
2022-7-26
Use props
djiuser_UYM2dMcEHp1g
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-15 07:53
Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the late response. You may refer to SafariMan post #7 as the said feature can only be used when the unit is in the air. Thank you for your valued support.

fansb3693b7a makes a very good point; why does this feature not default to the last user setting when the criteria that permit it to be used are met?
2022-8-16
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

I was just about to ask this question as I was flying yesterday and noticed I could not turn on Subject Scanning. But now that I think of it, I was only trying to enable it while grounded. Why doesn't this feature require the aircraft to be airborne? That seems counter productive to a pre flight concept.
2022-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_UYM2dMcEHp1g Posted at 8-16 06:12
fansb3693b7a makes a very good point; why does this feature not default to the last user setting when the criteria that permit it to be used are met?

We appreciate your response. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-19
Use props
ThrasherG
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-19 00:46
We appreciate your response. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Any update on this, I just spent 2 days trying to enable this feature on my new mini 3 pro, whilst it was on the ground, changed video resolution, etc but could not enable it. Finally a web search showed this site and as suggested once airborne it can be enabled, nothing in the documentation states this and I was a bit miffed that I wasted 2 days trying to enable this option. As stated there seems to be no reason why this could not be enabled on the ground as part of the pre-flight checks. I would very much like to hear if DJI is going to update this? Love the drone, but this was an annoying issue that should have been a no brainer, either document that it can only be enabled in flight (or better yet, update the firmware to allow it to be enabled on the ground before taking off).
2022-8-30
Use props
InsiderOutside.
New
Canada

As stated we would really love to see the subject scanning as a setting that can be pre-selected and set left in a particular position without having to reselected each time as well as being able to preset or pre-selected before in flight
2022-9-14
Use props
InsiderOutside.
New
Canada

As stated we would really love to see the subject scanning as a setting that can be pre-selected and set left in a particular position without having to reselected each time as well as being able to preset or pre-selected before in flight
2022-9-14
Use props
ScooterPope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155797 ft
Canada

InsiderOutside. Posted at 9-14 22:18

Yes please.  I wasted many hours last week before stumbling on this discussion.  Seems like an obvious default setting.
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_6JaKhKdR3xYX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129436 ft
Italy

Is it possible to activate the subject scanning with a customize C1 or C2 button?
2022-11-3
Use props
djiuser_Sm4Q4VRDKHxI
lvl.2
Indonesia

ThrasherG Posted at 8-30 08:47
Any update on this, I just spent 2 days trying to enable this feature on my new mini 3 pro, whilst it was on the ground, changed video resolution, etc but could not enable it. Finally a web search showed this site and as suggested once airborne it can be enabled, nothing in the documentation states this and I was a bit miffed that I wasted 2 days trying to enable this option. As stated there seems to be no reason why this could not be enabled on the ground as part of the pre-flight checks. I would very much like to hear if DJI is going to update this? Love the drone, but this was an annoying issue that should have been a no brainer, either document that it can only be enabled in flight (or better yet, update the firmware to allow it to be enabled on the ground before taking off).

Experienced the same and fully agree. I can not imagine there is a technical reason for making this a non persistent option. (It might affect flying time, but that can be documented)
2022-11-21
Use props
fanse3a0c1c0
lvl.1

Australia

Add me to the list off unnecessarily frustrated users. This should be a set and forget option. When set it works when the appropriate video settings allow.
2022-11-24
Use props
I H8 RESETTING
New
United States

THIS, THIS, THIS!!! JFC!!!
2022-11-27
Use props
djiuser_GGfUqMns9rKP
New

Australia

Hi can someone please tell me how to get subject scanning option on my control? There is no option! I go to menu click on control and there is no option for subject scanning!
2022-12-29
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sheesh! I was about to send mine back for repair or exchange
2022-12-30
Use props
BillyBob5543
lvl.1

United States

You gotta be sh%$#tin me that SUBJECT SCANNING can be selected ONLY when airborne!
Like the others I spent two days researching this only to find it's a corporate marketing mistake.
Add me to the list...
2023-1-1
Use props
SandroBrazil
New

Brazil

Unlock this feature for 60fps or 120fps please!
2023-3-24
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I'm just guessing here, but...

If subject scanning was switched on before a flight and/or was persistent, then the drone software would be constantly searching for possible scanning subjects while in flight.

Not only would you have the identified object circle popping up all over the placenrandomlynoj screen - which I know I would find distracting - but the processing required to constantly analyse the image would also be a drain on the battery.

As I say, that's just me guessing, though.
2023-3-24
Use props
ArcAngell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474810 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-7-15 07:53
Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the late response. You may refer to SafariMan post #7 as the said feature can only be used when the unit is in the air. Thank you for your valued support.

But why? Shouldn't that be something that is "PRE-FLIGHT"? To avoid one more thing during flight?
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ArcAngell Posted at 4-13 00:52
But why? Shouldn't that be something that is "PRE-FLIGHT"? To avoid one more thing during flight?

We appreciate your response. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-14
Use props
fans2b5add32
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2608 ft
United States

I am beginning to understand the developers!  You only need Active Track when airborne, and even then you do not need it all the time!  So, it makes sense that a couple of clicks and it is active!
2023-4-23
Use props
djiuser_smAT3SQXHsAb
New
Canada

Good day. I have my mini set to video normal, 4K 30, hovering 3m off the ground, pointed at me, and when I enable subject scanning, and move back to the main screen, no change! If I then go back to the control screen, the subject scanning toggle is off again! Tried this several times, same result. Can’t enable subject scanning while airborne. Tried this in still camera mode as well… no joy!
Some forums suggest reinstalling software… not to sure about that. Have had the drone for 1.5 weeks. Worked the first time I flew it. Not since! Can anyone help?
Thanks all!
2023-6-15
Use props
Nshepro
New

United States

First off, subject scanning was default on for my drone. I used it quite often when I first got it. Then I started having difficulty tracking and then it just wasn't selectable anymore (even in flight). Maybe it was because I was changing the settings. However, there is already a note explaining when subject scanning is available. Can you, DJI PALADIN, see about adding the required frame rate in that note as well please? Thank you.
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Nshepro@yahoo.com Posted at 8-2 07:07
First off, subject scanning was default on for my drone. I used it quite often when I first got it. Then I started having difficulty tracking and then it just wasn't selectable anymore (even in flight). Maybe it was because I was changing the settings. However, there is already a note explaining when subject scanning is available. Can you, DJI PALADIN, see about adding the required frame rate in that note as well please? Thank you.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm what DJI Product are you currently using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-13
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Nshepro@yahoo.com Posted at 8-2 07:07
First off, subject scanning was default on for my drone. I used it quite often when I first got it. Then I started having difficulty tracking and then it just wasn't selectable anymore (even in flight). Maybe it was because I was changing the settings. However, there is already a note explaining when subject scanning is available. Can you, DJI PALADIN, see about adding the required frame rate in that note as well please? Thank you.

Scanning works when the video is set to fps 30 or less.
2023-8-13
Use props
fans5c11de27
New

Malaysia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-5-20 20:59

Hi currently I have face the same issue too. I have able to switch it on through the control panel but from the camera view still show unable to scan subject
4-11 01:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans5c11de27 Posted at 4-11 01:10
Hi currently I have face the same issue too. I have able to switch it on through the control panel but from the camera view still show unable to scan subject

Hello there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you confirm what specific DJI product you are using? Also, please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
4-12 02:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules