Credit Card Charged but won't ship for weeks
908 6 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249249 ft
United States

Why in the world does DJI charge your credit card now even though the drone won't ship for several weeks for USA customers.  I bought my drone on May 11 and my card was chanrged immediatley (it was not a temporary hold charge).  My drone does not ship until June 2, 2022 yet my credit card charge posted on May 12, 2022.  Does anyone else have a problem with the way DJI is doing this? No other company I deal with charges for a product until it actually ships, they merely place a hold on the card.  

2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Please rest assured we will try our best to expedite the progress and send ship it ASAP. Besides, you can also give us the order number, we will assist you to push the order. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-5-21
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34413 ft
Canada

Not sure why it matters? If I decide to buy something I’d rather the company charge me at time of purchase. I hate when I buy something and forget and then I’m wondering what the charge was on my account and it was for something I bought a few weeks ago.
2022-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most, if not all, US companies only place a temporary hold on your CC until the item ships.  However, with DJI they have always charged my card immediately.  I ordered on release day and my card was charged the same day.  Could be the way Chinese companies do business.

Anyway, you are not alone in this charge now, ship later mode.
2022-5-21
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249249 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-21 01:52
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Please rest assured we will try our best to expedite the progress and send ship it ASAP. Besides, you can also give us the order number, we will assist you to push the order. Thanks for your understanding.

I would be glad to give you my order number.  How can I send it to you?
2022-5-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i know you didn't order it this way but if you use paypal, it gets charged automatically.  as you know, there are millions of paypal orders and while paypal does have a similar "hold" technique, it is rarely used.  so i wanted to throw that out there that it is way more common than you think.

if a merchant is going to ship within 30 days, it is perfectly ok to charge the card in accordance with the law.  i know some people don't like that but it really shouldn't matter.  in my experience, nothing against you, but it seems like this is only an issue with people who have credit issues, need to freed up credit line, etc.  buying the mini3 is a queue, first come first serve.  those who pay will get the mini3 first.  not those who  "hold."  not trying to speak for dji but if they are shipping drones as fast as possible as possible, they are shipping first to people who are paying.  if they don't charge you and you are holding a place in line and the day before your ship day, you cancel because you bought it from best buy....

again, not saying you are doing this, but when an item is not easy to get right away, some people will place an order at 10 different places to see who ships first and then they cancel the other 9.  this method won't stop it from happening but it helps minimize.  honestly, my personal opinion, a person should not be able to hold a place in line without paying.  just to reiterate, if the expected shipment date is past 30 days then the merchant shouldn't charge you.

fast forward to october and normally the shipments take 2-3 days, if you run low on stock and backorder for 2 weeks, the merchant should not charge until 2 weeks.  i don't run dji but this is the way i would do it.  im old school so back in the day, you had to send a money order (which means you paid since there was no temporary money order) and several weeks was normal so today's method is all good with me.  i used paypal because i wanted the charge to show up in the month of may and i didn't want to risk dji charging me in june.  i get some extra credits from my credit card provider for may changes but not in june.
2022-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN Posted at 5-21 08:15
I would be glad to give you my order number.  How can I send it to you?

Hi, there. We have sent you a PM. Please have a check.
2022-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules