D-Cinelike 10-bit for Action 2 - feature request
12Next >
9764 52 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Recently DJI Mini 3 Pro added 10-bit color to D-Cinelike with a firmware update: https://www.cined.com/dji-mini-3-pro-firmware-update-quietly-adds-10-bit-color-in-d-cinelike/

Could it be possible to add this feature to Action 2?
I've been wanting to get Action 2 quality to the next level and I'm sure 10-bit color would be an unprecedented upgrade for action cameras.

Thanks.
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-20
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-20 21:34
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks, I will check out the official DJI news web page for further updates.
2022-5-20
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I can only think about the extra heat issue with this. A drone is already being aircooled a lot.
2022-5-21
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

johansenfoto Posted at 5-21 03:00
I can only think about the extra heat issue with this. A drone is already being aircooled a lot.
I use Action 2 with the front screen module until both modules batteries ends and never had overheating (in the real life use for what it's supposed to an action cam).
I see so much reviews complaining about overheating every time a new camera comes out and no complaint about a single real problem.
2022-5-21
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Isaac RC Posted at 5-21 06:48
I use Action 2 with the front screen module until both modules batteries ends and never had overheating (in the real life use for what it's supposed to an action cam).
I see so much reviews complaining about overheating every time a new camera comes out and no complaint about a single real problem.

I understand. And I have the same with my Gopro 10 that also get really warm and overheat when they have tested it INDOORS. I only had it turn of a few times because of cold outside
2022-5-21
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

If DJI pulled 10-bit color with Mini 3 pro the first real issue is if Action 2 has the computing power to do so, but anyway overheating seems to be a secondary limitation for how Action 2 handles recording non-stop until both batteries ends, so initially doesn't seem to be a major limiting factor.
It's true these are water proof sealed action cameras that are expected to work non-stop in 4K and the overheating is a real physics problem.
But the original overheating hype comes from the photo camera world when started the video revolution. Action cams are from the video world so there's different challenges, diificult to imagine a competing "video camera" brand selling disfunctional devices by overheating.
2022-5-21
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

I'd also love to have either 10bit or a log profile for recording underwater.
2022-5-22
Use props
icondive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183671 ft
Greece

The "banding" in the sky or underwater is a major flaw in the 8 bit D-cinelike !! 10 bit is a must nowadays and it will make the difference against the competitors. PLEASE DJI make the difference ! add this feature in a new firmware update !!!.. and i will buy 2 more cameras !!!
2022-5-22
Use props
Cobani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612503 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

If the Action 2 have enough power to record 4K120, for sure could bring us at least 4K30@10bits...
2022-5-22
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

Having 10 bit d-cinelike video as an option would be superb.  If the Mini Pro 3 has it, I certainly hope that it's coming to the Action 2!
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Isaac RC Posted at 5-20 23:03
Thanks, I will check out the official DJI news web page for further updates.

You are most welcome and we really appreciate your kind and understanding. Have a good one!
2022-5-24
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Thanks everyone for backing the 10-bit colour request
2022-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be great!
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_bYGc7n2oXLqf
New

South Africa

Dji, please add 10 bit colour to the DJI action 2. I will buy another one just to support the company further. Pleeeease this is such a wanted firmware update for the action camera.
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_bYGc7n2oXLqf Posted at 6-29 23:15
Dji, please add 10 bit colour to the DJI action 2. I will buy another one just to support the company further. Pleeeease this is such a wanted firmware update for the action camera.

Hello there. This suggestion of yours will be forwarded to our team for attention. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-7-15
Use props
Pavelminister
lvl.2
Ireland

Yes, agree about sky banding. I'm a skydiver and Action 2 is so sweet for this activity but sky editing in Davinci with 10bit would lift it up to another level. I vote both arms!
2022-7-15
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Nice portrait! It made me remember that actually the Sony RX0 II does 10-bit with an Atomos external recording, but an action cam with an external recorder? Seems kinda expensive and bulky for my low-profile fast street rides.
DJI we want to make 10-bit cinematic quality!
2022-7-15
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
Canada

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, first post, purchased the A2 a couple days ago.  Can agree 100% that 10-bit is needed to get a proper grade especially for blue skies.  Please implement this in a firmware update, app update, etc.  

This update would allow users to better promote and advertise this product feature to others.  It would be worth a lot in free advertising dollars for DJI.  Whether it be word of mouth or on the various social media platforms.

Can personally say the A2 is an amazing little device from the limited use so far.  But expect it to open many more creative options as one becomes more aware of its real world capabilities.

Implementation of 10-bit would be a fantastic DJI marketing move to offset 5.3K etc.  Can see many more existing users like ourselves purchasing additional units plus additional battery packs to extend use.

Hope many more DJI users see this thread and help to bring this implementation a reality.
2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

10-Bit Posted at 8-1 12:43
Hi, first post, purchased the A2 a couple days ago.  Can agree 100% that 10-bit is needed to get a proper grade especially for blue skies.  Please implement this in a firmware update, app update, etc.  

This update would allow users to better promote and advertise this product feature to others.  It would be worth a lot in free advertising dollars for DJI.  Whether it be word of mouth or on the various social media platforms.

Hello there. This will be duly noted. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_61whF9gIgzfn
New

Germany

sadly with the release of the action 3 my hopes of getting 10 bit on the action 2 have died. We all know what happens to dji products and their updates and support to it when newer versions are out
2022-9-18
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Wouldn't be so pessimistic for the fact of the new Dji action 3 release.
Now there's much more chances than ever to make a firmware update for the action 3 and our 2 that addresses the image quality issues.
2022-9-18
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

I’ve heard a few of the reviews of the OA3 mentioning an october firmware update that will bring 10-bit color. It looks like there is no difference in the imaging hardware between the A2 and OA3 (same framerates/modes, sensor size, lens angle). So maybe the A2 will get an update simultaneously? Depends on whether DJI sees the OA3 as a successor or an alternative to the A2, I suppose…
2022-9-18
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

DJI Support informs that 10-Bit will be added to the OA3 in a firmware update.
2022-9-23
Use props
Walter White
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96522 ft
Italy

fish sticks Posted at 9-18 05:53
I’ve heard a few of the reviews of the OA3 mentioning an october firmware update that will bring 10-bit color. It looks like there is no difference in the imaging hardware between the A2 and OA3 (same framerates/modes, sensor size, lens angle). So maybe the A2 will get an update simultaneously? Depends on whether DJI sees the OA3 as a successor or an alternative to the A2, I suppose…

I think the development of the OA2 is finished, no more software updates since the OA3 is out
2022-9-23
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

I hope not so, just last year we paid the 500$ high cost and now a new model for 360$ with 10-bit?
2022-9-25
Use props
djiuser_kRe2eDDF2SND
New
Russia

I think adding 10-bit encoding capabilities would be great even if that would require to lower resolution or limit stabilisation features. The question is whether that os limited by camera not having a specific encoding hardware or is it a matter of changing software encoding. The second issue is whether DJI still want to sell Action 2 and continue supporting it. A less then a year old camera might be already abandoned
2022-10-18
Use props
Jumai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 376594 ft
Singapore

Hello DJI,

Please add 10-bit feature in action 2. It could bring some more dynamics to its use case because of its small form factor.
2022-12-8
Use props
spreecopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838543 ft
  • >>>
Germany

yes we need 10bit for the action2 and for the new airunit o3
2022-12-10
Use props
mr_demolka
lvl.1
Poland

Adding 10-bit D-cinelike to action 2 would be a great news. Especially now with possibility to save gyro data, we can turn stabilization off, so the camera can use that spare computing power.
2022-12-12
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Yeah working with no stabilisation releases a heavy burden from the Action 2 ( footage is then stabilised with Gyroflow public software ) perhaps one of the downsides of recording in 10-bit could be a slow reading time of the sensor aka rolling shutter but Gyroflow has the capability of correcting for that too.
Understandably that's too complicated for non-informed users but as I posted before is as simple that we the users who would benefit from the improvements to make educative videos in return so everyone can have the best experience of the Action 2
2022-12-13
Use props
Uncle Longbeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295 ft
United Kingdom

2 cents from me. I'm not buying the Action 3 as for my use the 2 have a better form factor, so please DJI update it! What I seen in Action 3 - was overall colour rendering upgrade plus a bit of sharpening added. That is exactly what I need from my A2. And I was complaining about that since the beginning. Especially about missing colour in  darker greyish areas. Common guys - we know it's almost the same hardware, so it cannot be that difficult to do...
2022-12-15
Use props
Arve Bjørnerud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41654 ft
Norway

Dear DJI,

The Action 2 is a great camera, and even better now with the support of gyro flow. So please DJI add 10-bit feature to the Action 2
2023-2-20
Use props
jmone
lvl.2
Australia

I too would like to know if 10-Bit is likely to be supported on the Action 2.

Thanks
Nathan
2023-2-20
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Still awaiting for:
1 firmware update for 10-bit like the Osmo Action 3
2 firmware update for -12db or lower audio gain for external mics like the OA3
3 firmware update for better high dynamic range for high contrast shooting situations

DJI Support are you listening and will you implement?
Thx
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

10-Bit Posted at 3-2 20:20
Still awaiting for:
1 firmware update for 10-bit like the Osmo Action 3
2 firmware update for -12db or lower audio gain for external mics like the OA3

Hi there, the firmware v01.02.10.10 has been updated to support 10-bit HDR video, please update Osmo Action 3 to the latest firmware. You can also check the release notes below to see if it meets your needs. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2023-3-3
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 01:25
Hi there, the firmware v01.02.10.10 has been updated to support 10-bit HDR video, please update Osmo Action 3 to the latest firmware. You can also check the release notes below to see if it meets your needs. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Osmo_%20Action_%203/RN/1201/DJI_Osmo_Action_3_Release_Notes_en.pdf

Hi there,  this is exactly what I was referring to - but for the Action 2.

When is the Action 2 going to get this same Firmware update?
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

10-Bit Posted at 3-3 10:30
Hi there,  this is exactly what I was referring to - but for the Action 2.

When is the Action 2 going to get this same Firmware update?

We'll have this suggestion voiced out to our designated team. Please stay tuned for any latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at http://dji.com Thank you.
2023-3-4
Use props
jmone
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks Mindy - did you get any indication from the team if this is possible?
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_ZwrYraCCvnjM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft

Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-4 01:36
We'll have this suggestion voiced out to our designated team. Please stay tuned for any latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at http://dji.com Thank you.
Is there any information?
2023-4-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules