Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Things people are worrying about
923 29 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A few people now have the mini 3 and have used it. I have one also. To put some peoples minds at rest here are my observations. No numbers just real experience and opinion. To put things into perspective I have many DJI drones and am in th U.K.
1) The New RC screen is plenty bright enough
2) the range with the new controller is plenty far enough....way beyond what a normal person would want to fly
3) it is very very quiet
4) its wind resistance is very good
5) it gets satellite lock very quickly
6) the rc controller is very convenient to use

After only a few day I am very impressed. If you have the money and are on the fence I would say go buy one you will be very pleased

2022-5-20
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know you are talking to me
2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 5-20 21:58
I know you are talking to me

No just generally When I read some of the very early comments I was genuinely concerned about my purchase. Now I have had a few flights of general use. I am ver very pleased with it and how good it is. I just wanted to help people decide.

I just wish I had my fly more kit so I had more batteries and the nice bag. That should be with me next week
2022-5-20
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-20 22:01
No just generally When I read some of the very early comments I was genuinely concerned about my purchase. Now I have had a few flights of general use. I am ver very pleased with it and how good it is. I just wanted to help people decide.

I just wish I had my fly more kit so I had more batteries and the nice bag. That should be with me next week

Did you order the fly miore kit from DJI
2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 5-20 22:15
Did you order the fly miore kit from DJI

No I got the drone from Heliguy and had to order the fly more kit from Jessops. I prefer shops as DJI are a bit ‘faceless’
Heliguy are by far the best to deal with
2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry but i can't take your word for #1 and #2

#1 its only 700nits, my Note 20 Ultra is 1500+ i would like to know how it compares to my phone, if you had an iPhone 12 Pro Max then that's only about 100nits  more at 800 sommat, so iPhone users wouldnt notice much difference there, hoping someone soon will let us know.
Ive also read that's its cheap feeling and a little mickey mouse'ish. In its defence though, it is cheap. perhaps it is worth buying as its not costing a vast amount more over the N1 and you can buy a 2nd user N1 if needed anyway. There are a few niggling aspects for me though, no HDMI, would it have killed them to add that, perhaps, but it would have been good for us I'm not overly convinced it needed 2 scrollers and the fact that you cant program at least one for say camera settings is a bit of a letdown. How does one add a sun hood? There's more but i cant think atm

#2 that's subjective, it might well be great at x distance and that it might suit your flying, but it does not answer or tell us anything other than what we already know, you don't fly far.

Actually, its all pretty much subjective, its a bit like me saying my car's great, its good on mileage, not many owners, its quick enough, theres enough seats, its a nice colour, it takes fuel, would you buy it on my current information about it?
2022-5-20
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have the drone and the Fly More kit and I'd echo what Bigplumbs is saying. Admittedly I've not flown it much, the rain arrived the same day as the DJI packages, but I'm still confident that it's going to do what I want it to. Currently the limitation is more to do with the person operating it than the drone itself :-)

I think the one of the issues is the PRO in the name, not to mention the price. It's raising expectations above it being an easy to use beginner drone with features to allow the owner to grow. Pretty much everything is a compromise to some extent, you can pick your prime requirement then juggle everything else to get as close as you can to the perfect thing.

Even given all the post launch reality checks I'd still buy the Mini 3 Pro as my prime requirement was it needed to be sub 250g, the rest I realise I need to work around. I know there's far better lens & sensors available but the Mini 3 Pro is still gonna take better images along a stretch of beach than something bigger and better I can't fly there.

That said, I am keeping a slightly concerned eye on the range thing. Time will tell once I've flown it properly as it's only been flown inside so far, which it unsurprisingly coped with very well.
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same results here,   much easier to see than my iPhone 13 Pro Max which seems to dim very quickly on the N1 controller.  
2022-5-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-21 00:37
Same results here,   much easier to see than my iPhone 13 Pro Max which seems to dim very quickly on the N1 controller.

But prior to the iPhone dimming, what's the comparison like, surely at normal 1000nits it would be brighter, and at 1200nits in hdr even brighter before it over heats?
2022-5-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate your kind words about our newly-released product and rest assured that we continue to provide the best products for our consumers. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns with the new product and we are more than happy to help. Thank you for your valued support, Bigplumbs! Happy flying always.
2022-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-21 01:33
But prior to the iPhone dimming, what's the comparison like, surely at normal 1000nits it would be brighter, and at 1200nits in hdr even brighter before it over heats?

Not as good I would have said.  But then I also wouldn’t have had the iPhone on 109% brightness.  
2022-5-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-20 22:32

#1 its only 700nits, my Note 20 Ultra is 1500+ i would like to know how it compares to my phone, if you had an iPhone 12 Pro Max then that's only about 100nits  more at 800 sommat, so iPhone users wouldnt notice much difference there, hoping someone soon will let us know.

You are doing it again..... Stop with all the numbers stuff and worry about real world.

I have one and have used it and both 1 and 2 are fine........... The nits are the ones that keep on with the numbers you will be on about ISO soon and we all know that is poop
2022-5-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-20 22:32

#1 its only 700nits, my Note 20 Ultra is 1500+ i would like to know how it compares to my phone, if you had an iPhone 12 Pro Max then that's only about 100nits  more at 800 sommat, so iPhone users wouldnt notice much difference there, hoping someone soon will let us know.

Do you have a tendency to over think and Analyse stuff
2022-5-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-21 01:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate your kind words about our newly-released product and rest assured that we continue to provide the best products for our consumers. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns with the new product and we are more than happy to help. Thank you for your valued support, Bigplumbs! Happy flying always.

Look the all powerful God Paladin likes me.......... He knows I am right
2022-5-21
Use props
patrick51
lvl.4
Flight distance : 407300 ft
Netherlands

The range i am not impressed at all!
300M away above buildings and connection los! Everything updated, flying in the Netherlands Europe.
My Mini 2 was way way better....................
2022-5-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Give it a go somewhere else I am getting way over that. A few people are easily getting over 2500m in the UK with no issues....... That is a heck of a long way to have you little Frog friend out there on its own
2022-5-21
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

patrick51 Posted at 5-21 02:14
The range i am not impressed at all!
300M away above buildings and connection los! Everything updated, flying in the Netherlands Europe.
My Mini 2 was way way better....................

This is starting to sound  bit like the Mavic 3... some are having great results and some not so much.

Hope this isn't a "depends on what unit you have thing?" ...
2022-5-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-21 02:25
This is starting to sound  bit like the Mavic 3... some are having great results and some not so much.

Hope this isn't a "depends on what unit you have thing?" ...

Yes that would not be great......... I think it has way way fewer issues than the Mavic 3 did though
2022-5-21
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-21 02:34
Yes that would not be great......... I think it has way way fewer issues than the Mavic 3 did though

Yes agree seems way more "finished" than the M3 did. If it wasn't for the this initial range issue DJI would have a lot more $ in it's pocket as many are holding off waiting for it to play out a bit more. I can't for the life of me understand how something like that is missed in testing?  It's a fundamental expectation that a drone with higher grade transmission and for a lot more $'s should outperform a lower older version of the drone effortlessly... This uncertainty up front must be damaging to DJI you think after the M3 launch the testing team would have had a jolly good talking too, but maybe not. Is just baffling as to not test and resolve just equals less sales and we have seen that with the M3 as dealers still have October 2021 units in the shops.  As my teenage son would say... SMH  
2022-5-21
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

The two things I am very pleased with are the Image Quality for photos and the very quiet propellors......by gosh this thing quiet.
2022-5-21
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

Bussty Posted at 5-21 02:47
Yes agree seems way more "finished" than the M3 did. If it wasn't for the this initial range issue DJI would have a lot more $ in it's pocket as many are holding off waiting for it to play out a bit more. I can't for the life of me understand how something like that is missed in testing?  It's a fundamental expectation that a drone with higher grade transmission and for a lot more $'s should outperform a lower older version of the drone effortlessly... This uncertainty up front must be damaging to DJI you think after the M3 launch the testing team would have had a jolly good talking too, but maybe not. Is just baffling as to not test and resolve just equals less sales and we have seen that with the M3 as dealers still have October 2021 units in the shops.  As my teenage son would say... SMH

Well, with DJI producing 10bit in an update, I wonder if they are holding back a few things to magically have them appear and the masses all rejoice in thinking they are the GOAT. Just saying
2022-5-21
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 5-21 05:06
Well, with DJI producing 10bit in an update, I wonder if they are holding back a few things to magically have them appear and the masses all rejoice in thinking they are the GOAT. Just saying

I’m hoping this is true
2022-5-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're doing your best to persuade me off the fence BP. Were it not for the lack of the Flymore combo I might have dropped the cash already. Certainly, your list of fine points above makes a strong case.
2022-5-21
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 5-21 05:06

The masses would definitely think they were the goat if they did that and vote with their wallets!
2022-5-21
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

Exib Posted at 5-21 05:18
I’m hoping this is true

I think every guinea pig who threw the cash straight up for a mini 3 is hoping this is the case. I told the place of purchase about the potential issue and they said I had up 30 days to go back and they would refund me or swap it with the model with old style controller. I will stick it out in hopes of a resolution.
2022-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 5-21 05:00
The two things I am very pleased with are the Image Quality for photos and the very quiet propellors......by gosh this thing quiet.

I have read how quite it is now in several threads.  Too bad mine hasn't shipped from a warehouse in China yet.  Guess it will be a while before I can see how quiet it really is.
2022-5-21
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 06:14
I have read how quite it is now in several threads.  Too bad mine hasn't shipped from a warehouse in China yet.  Guess it will be a while before I can see how quiet it really is.

I telephoned a local supplier who has it listed as not available and not able to purchase on their website. He said 6 turned up yesterday and I got one. The website still lists them as out of stock. Perhaps call local suppliers like Best Buy etc and see what they have in stock, cancel your order and purchase right in your home city.
2022-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 5-21 06:25
I telephoned a local supplier who has it listed as not available and not able to purchase on their website. He said 6 turned up yesterday and I got one. The website still lists them as out of stock. Perhaps call local suppliers like Best Buy etc and see what they have in stock, cancel your order and purchase right in your home city.

Nice, congrats on getting one so quickly.    I've already check with the 3 biggest DJI drone sellers and not one has one in stock.  One big retailer told me that DJI has not cleared them for sale in North America yet.  Not sure what that is all about unless it has to do with FCC approval.
2022-5-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 5-21 06:25
I telephoned a local supplier who has it listed as not available and not able to purchase on their website. He said 6 turned up yesterday and I got one. The website still lists them as out of stock. Perhaps call local suppliers like Best Buy etc and see what they have in stock, cancel your order and purchase right in your home city.

Well done you will be pleased with it I am sure... Remember the first charge on the controller only does 3 lights out of 4
2022-5-21
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

Bashy Posted at 2022-5-20 22:32

I was concerned about the screen brightness and the quality of the controller as well. I was worrying about nothing but it’s a good feeling when you are expecting a second rate item to arrive and what you find is a really excellent bit of kit.
2023-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules