Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RC - Full Android Access
12345Next >
65861 172 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zRZM3SEqzP6G
New
Flight distance : 47969 ft
Germany

Hi,

I hope someone can access with this information to the inernal android of the rc.. i'll write here everything usefull what i found out

1. Debug Mode:
I found out how to activate the Debug Mode on the new DJI RC. Does someone know, how to activate the Homescreen or install Apps with ADB?

If you press and hold the power button about 10 secounds it will blink. Then you can power on the rc. The satus LED is pink and 2 green LEDs are turned on. If you connect a USBc cable to your phone or PC, you'll see in the status bar in the rc that the debug mode is turned on!

2022-5-20
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Wow _very_ good finding. Kudos to you!! You should be able to run "adb install yourapp.apk". Does adb shell work?
2022-5-22
Use props
fans83700c67
New
Flight distance : 194354 ft
Taiwan

I tried, but not work
2022-5-30
Use props
idarlund
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117421 ft
Norway

ADB on my controller has always been on. I've also discovered it's accessible trough the TCP port 5555. More details in this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=265554
The problem is that since you're not in "developer mode" you cannot whitelist a new computer (key) in ADB on the controller. So it will look something like this:
$ adb devices
List of devices attached
XXXXX        unauthorized

And if you do 'adb shell' or similar, you'll be met with this error:
$ adb shell
adb: device unauthorized.
This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.

Ultimately that means you don't have adb access unless you get the hold of DJI's private keys or you find a way to add your public key to the /data/misc/adb/adb_keys file.

I might have found a way to execute code tho.. But I don't know javascript. If anyone out there knows javascript well, please pm me
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_ur6gtA6xXCb8
lvl.1

Malaysia

The easiest way is to get to developer options and enable USB debug. But it's difficult to find the system version to enable the developer options.
2022-6-3
Use props
fans049750df
lvl.1
Norway

djiuser_ur6gtA6xXCb8 Posted at 6-3 15:00
The easiest way is to get to developer options and enable USB debug. But it's difficult to find the system version to enable the developer options.

usb debug (adb) is allready active. the problem is that new (adb) devices are not approved by the controller. you need DJI's keys or a way to inject your own key(s)
2022-6-18
Use props
NickRno77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95502 ft
United Kingdom

It’s a shame DJI won’t open the OS to support 3rd party apps, Ill buy with RC-N1 and use my phone or tablet which possibly will be a bigger brighter screen. IOS as well.
2022-7-2
Use props
maao666
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932333 ft
United States

I found that holding both the RTH and the power button for 10 seconds and then powering on the remote controller would make it work. Two green buttons in the middle keep blinking and the status LED turns light blue. However, I could not find anything extra I could do. For example, ADB Is still unauthorized and I don't know how to inject a key to it.
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_GaEudJO44D0X
New
Ukraine

maao666 Posted at 7-3 23:53
I found that holding both the RTH and the power button for 10 seconds and then powering on the remote controller would make it work. Two green buttons in the middle keep blinking and the status LED turns light blue. However, I could not find anything extra I could do. For example, ADB Is still unauthorized and I don't know how to inject a key to it.

Did you find out how to disable this mode?
2022-8-10
Use props
Tyrraen
New
Flight distance : 181982 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_GaEudJO44D0X Posted at 8-10 13:01
Did you find out how to disable this mode?

Hello To deactivate the mode with the fixed blue LED and the two flashing green LEDs, you just have to do this: press and hold the power button about 10 secounds it will blink. Then you can power on the rc.

I hope it helped you
2022-8-14
Use props
darkstudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5482 ft
Belgium

I think that DJI staff doesn't known correctly the licence agreement of Android and rules on some country or territory.
An enterprise can use Android freely on a commercial product (only android studio is buyable) but the enterprise must respect some rules:

1) the enterprise can't restrict some basic function like APK installation !
2) the build and android version must be visible by the common menu list options of Android (which containt the ability to enable developer mode).

Why? Because Android is an open source operating system based on a linux kernel and because its on license agreement.

Additionnaly, in Europe, its totaly legal to root or jailbreak a product (and NOT void warranty) if your goal is not to violate intellectual property and it is not, this is not the case since the dji fly application is also available on android phone. The goal is to be able to install third-party applications such as weather, compass, google maps etc ... its totally legal!

in this case, DJI has blocked the installation at the user level for a purely commercial purpose, thereby refusing the right to enjoy the acquired material and its illegal.

We have just paid more than 2300€ for a mavic 3 classic fly more combo and we still have to use a phone or tablet in addition to the DJI rc, we lose the main advantage of this radio control, its literaly a shame.

DJI, if you're reading this, if you don't want to have a large-scale petition, consumer associations on your back and probably an army of hackers fiddling with the radio control until you have unfortunate side effects for you (since in europe, the guarantee is 2 years even rooted), open the android to allow everyone to use the material that we paid a lot of money for!

Note; i have forgot one thing, It is nowhere indicated that it is impossible to use android normally is also illegal. If you want to restrict users, you must develop your own proprietary system or use proprietary compilation software like visual studio & cie
2022-11-14
Use props
darkstudio
lvl.1
Belgium

darkstudio Posted at 11-14 13:47
I think that DJI staff doesn't known correctly the licence agreement of Android and rules on some country or territory.
An enterprise can use Android freely on a commercial product (only android studio is buyable) but the enterprise must respect some rules:

To complete my message, all informations and legal EU rules and Android license agreement can be finded on https://www.google.be
Regards,
2022-11-18
Use props
sethgeib
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330226 ft
United States

Well, I managed to get a bit further on this. But still no luck.

I added the Instagram apk file to the Downloads folder of my DJI RC SD Card (via my PC SD card reader) then put the SD card back into the DJI RC. From there, I started a screen recording where I attempted to install the apk file.

One can access the Android Files app on the remote, by navigating to the system settings (swipe down from the top), tap the settings gear, tap Storage, tap Internal Shared Storage, tap Music & Audio, then tap Audio Files. This will launch the Files App. From here, tap the menu in the top left, and tap into anywhere on the file system. For me I went to my Downloads folder to attempt to load the Instagram apk.

It appears the default user of the DJI RC does not have app installation permissions. Even if I could install the app, I am not sure how to access the Android home screen of the DJI RC, I am sure there must be a keypress shortcut.

I am hoping this video helps others out there that might have more insight on how to get around these permission and get us more access to customizing our DJI RC.
2022-11-19
Use props
darkstudio
lvl.1
Belgium

sethgeib Posted at 11-19 09:44
Well, I managed to get a bit further on this. But still no luck.

https://youtu.be/lipSv_TgIqQ

Android used on RC is on Kiosk mode or configured to prohibit installation to the user.
i have opened a case because is not legal for multiple reason (view my previous post).
Thanks for the video but we already known this issue
Waiting for DJI's answer, I'm testing several things and I've already found several interesting things, but I won't say more about them here ;)
2022-11-19
Use props
darkstudio
lvl.1
Belgium

I just pleaded our case with DJI support, they analyze the request and the legal aspects and get back to me with a formal answer and maybe a solution in a future update who knows.
Here are the important points I mentioned :

• Android License agreement permit use operating system freely BUT you can’t block basic function like “app installation” and block access to system information where we can active “developer options” and view android version, build version etc.

• Kiosk mode can’t be used if you sell a product with android, kiosk mode can be used ONLY on a enterprise device to limit the employees OR on a public device like a ticket terminal or something like that. I repeat, on a enduser product, YOU CAN’T use it.

• In Europe, its legal to jailbreak or root product and will not void warranty. You limit Android just for a commercial consideration, its illegal.  If you want made a limited operating system, you must create a proprietary operating system but good chance.

• The goal is to be able to install third-party applications such as weather, compass, google maps etc ... its totally legal! in this case, DJI has blocked the installation at the user level for a purely commercial purpose, thereby refusing the right to enjoy the acquired material and its illegal.  Now, we still have to use a phone or tablet in addition to the DJI rc, we lose the main advantage of this radio control, its literaly a shame

I have suggested to DJI to made this to resolve issue :

• Permit third party applications installation

• Allow users to switch to developer mode in Android to allow them to install other applications and use the radio control to its full capacity.

I hope DJI listens to reason and finally opens the RC as it should have been since the beginning.

2022-11-21
Use props
Soukron
lvl.2
Flight distance : 921319 ft
Spain

darkstudio Posted at 11-21 01:08
I just pleaded our case with DJI support, they analyze the request and the legal aspects and get back to me with a formal answer and maybe a solution in a future update who knows.
Here are the important points I mentioned :

Well done, keep us updated. This RC has a huge potential compared to what it does (considering how much it costs)
2022-11-30
Use props
幼稚园园长熊熊
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1550797 ft
China

I also think that the RC remote should be able to achieve more functions, at least the installation of third-party applications and 4K video playback to achieve.
2022-11-30
Use props
darkstudio
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi everybody,
After several communications, DJI refuses to recognize that they do not respect the points detailed in my previous posts. Three things will now happen:
1) open a complaint with the consumer protection service in the European Union.
2) Open a petition to allow users to give their opinion and vote for or against the unlocking of this function.
3) Creation of a community of developers (of which we will be part) to share discoveries and advances in order to force the release. (we have already found several interesting ones that we will share in this community).
It's really a shame to come to this, but consumers have rights and it is essential to enforce them.
2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV
lvl.3

Spain

Any news about this? Thanks
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any update on this?
2023-1-7
Use props
idarlund
lvl.1
Norway

darkstudio Posted at 2022-12-8 07:50
Hi everybody,
After several communications, DJI refuses to recognize that they do not respect the points detailed in my previous posts. Three things will now happen:
1) open a complaint with the consumer protection service in the European Union.

Any news on these 3 things? Do you want us to file complaints as well or do you have what you need for now?
2023-1-11
Use props
djiuser_HJs9LFs8EsZZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41063 ft
United States

Thank you for telling us that
2023-1-21
Use props
arriagamarte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364229 ft
United States

maao666 Posted at 2022-7-3 23:53
I found that holding both the RTH and the power button for 10 seconds and then powering on the remote controller would make it work. Two green buttons in the middle keep blinking and the status LED turns light blue. However, I could not find anything extra I could do. For example, ADB Is still unauthorized and I don't know how to inject a key to it.

Hi! Im stuck at that mode:
1 Solid white led
2 Green led blinking

Is there any way to put it on normal mode?

Please help!
2023-1-24
Use props
djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV
lvl.3

Spain

Can anione tell me how to do This?
98072972-CD41-49A0-AF36-089C6F6DB9E2.jpeg
2023-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV Posted at 1-28 23:35
Can anione tell me how to do This?

Where did you see that?
2023-2-3
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV Posted at 1-28 23:35
Can anione tell me how to do This?[Image]

Perhaps you could ask where you found that image, then let us know, please...
2023-2-3
Use props
djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV
lvl.3

Spain

Bashy Posted at 2-3 03:33
Perhaps you could ask where you found that image, then let us know, please...
Do a little thorough search in google, for this occasion I give you a video that is always better than an image

https://www.bilibili.com/video/B ... mmend_more_video.18
2023-2-10
Use props
djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV
lvl.3

Spain

The important thing is to know how to do it, does anyone have information or save Chinese to ask the one in the video?
2023-2-10
Use props
foobar2000
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV Posted at 2-10 06:00
The important thing is to know how to do it, does anyone have information or save Chinese to ask the one in the video?

Another Video is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRK8Ww6GE-8

I took a screenshot that translates to:

Additionally I was able to gain ADB Access... what can I do from here?
2023-2-16
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38901 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

foobar2000 Posted at 2-16 04:34
Another Video is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRK8Ww6GE-8

I took a screenshot that translates to:

can you tell us how you gained access to adb ?
2023-2-17
Use props
foobar2000
lvl.1

Germany

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2-17 06:02
can you tell us how you gained access to adb ?

First of all... its not related to the Video.

I just gained temporary access using a tool called DJI RC Fcc. As the name suggests its a tool to enable FCC mode globally. It is sold for a rather expensive amount and is operating in a 2-pass approach.
I didnt apply the actual FCC patch, but after the 1st pass the RC is no longer unauthorized and accessible via ADB . You dont even have to buy a key for that.

I have added my personal ADB-Key to /data/misc/adb/adb_keys on the RC, but I think its ignored, since I still have to use the tool after a reboot to use ADB.
2023-2-17
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

foobar2000 Posted at 2-17 13:15

I just gained temporary access using a tool called DJI RC Fcc. As the name suggests its a tool to enable FCC mode globally. It is sold for a rather expensive amount and is operating in a 2-pass approach.

ok. so can you just share that part ?
I know the expensive solution. It creates a license for your device and only works with your device.
If you can share the file, after you use it, we won't be able to use the patch but at least we can get access to adb and maybe we can figure out how to move on from there...
2023-2-17
Use props
maxfahrer
lvl.1

Brazil

Have you guys figured it out yet?
2023-2-17
Use props
djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV
lvl.3

Spain

foobar2000 Posted at 2-17 13:15

This is the tool?
https://www.djircfcc.com/
2023-2-18
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV Posted at 2-18 01:26
This is the tool?
https://www.djircfcc.com/

yes , that is the tool. But to understand how it enables adb access, we need someone who paid and could share the files.
this will not cause any problems to the one who paid, if he runs patch for himself once BEFORE he shares.
2023-2-18
Use props
Fw071
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317192 ft
Netherlands

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2-18 02:32
yes , that is the tool. But to understand how it enables adb access, we need someone who paid and could share the files.
this will not cause any problems to the one who paid, if he runs patch for himself once BEFORE he shares.
You can download it here without license:

dji-fcc.com/djifcc.zip pass dji

After adding the license to pass.txt it will connect using adb

You must have android sdk installed
2023-2-18
Use props
foobar2000
lvl.1

Germany

Fw071 Posted at 2-18 02:57
You can download it here without license:

dji-fcc.com/djifcc.zip pass dji

For me it also worked to unlock ADB without a valid pass.txt. Maybe because my SerialNo. was already registered on the Server (the tool communicates with a server in China).

Also, please be carful! The .exe is reported as a Trojan. I guess its a false positive, but to be sure, I only run it in a Virtual Machine.
2023-2-18
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

foobar2000 Posted at 2-18 03:35
For me it also worked to unlock ADB without a valid pass.txt. Maybe because my SerialNo. was already registered on the Server (the tool communicates with a server in China).

Also, please be carful! The .exe is reported as a Trojan. I guess its a false positive, but to be sure, I only run it in a Virtual Machine.

how do you get it to work ?
I don't have a valid pass.txt and my serial is not registered on their server.
but in any case, the app should connect to the RC to get the serial.
so it should access adb even without a valid pass.txt

but my adb still shows unauthorized
2023-2-18
Use props
foobar2000
lvl.1

Germany

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2-18 06:46
how do you get it to work ?
I don't have a valid pass.txt and my serial is not registered on their server.
but in any case, the app should connect to the RC to get the serial.

As I said... maybe my serial is already registered on the server.
There is an interesting discussion going on here: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/some-guy-doing-an-fcc-hack-permanent-for-rc-pro-controller.133836/page-5

TLDR; it is still unclear how this tool works and what it exactly does.
2023-2-18
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

foobar2000 Posted at 2-18 07:25
As I said... maybe my serial is already registered on the server.
There is an interesting discussion going on here: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/some-guy-doing-an-fcc-hack-permanent-for-rc-pro-controller.133836/page-5

I know this thread. It is an old one.
2023-2-18
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules