3596 16 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJIFlightRecord Data no longer available...

The very useful log data is no longer available / accessible via the DJI RC.
These log files are always very useful, for example to be able to carry out a flight analysis via AirData...

In general, you can no longer view / download data from the DJI RC, because when you plug in the USB-C cable, the memory of the DJI RC (and also of an inserted micro SD card) is no longer displayed!
That's too bad.
It makes the Mini 3 Pro more of a "toy drone" in my eyes...

Has anyone using the RC N1 tried to get these log files?
These are (usually) located on the smartphone in the internal memory in the folder:
    Android \ data \ dji.go.v5 \ files \ FlightRecord \ ...
You should try this once...

2022-5-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are using the Host port under the rubber i take it?
2022-5-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 5-20 23:12

I have of course tested both ports, but data access is not possible via either...
2022-5-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 5-20 23:12

The so-called "HOST" port doesn't seem to have any meaning at the moment...

The connection to the DJI Assistant 2 is only possible via the "normal" USB-C port.
Log files can be uploaded there for DJI internal purposes, but you cannot evaluate them yourself...
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you setup an account with airdata, for free they will keep the last 100 logs and they can extract the orginal log from the DJI cloud for you.  
2022-5-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 5-21 01:19
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. The flight records will not be stored on the microSD card automatically, but you can manually move the records to the microSD card. Thank you.

Hello DJI Thor,
would you please explain how the data (flight records) can be transferred to the microSD card?
Since I can't find this data in the DJI RC (there is no file manager or similar), I can't do anything with your explanation (yet)...
So more help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance!
2022-5-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-21 00:30
If you setup an account with airdata, for free they will keep the last 100 logs and they can extract the orginal log from the DJI cloud for you.

... I've been using AirData for a long time, I just want to know how to upload the FlightRecords from DJI RC, because the memory of DJI RC is not displayed on my PC when connecting via USB-C cable...
I can transfer the data from the DJI RC Pro (Mavic 3) to the PC without any problems...
It looks like this feature is somehow not implemented with the DJI RC, unfortunately...
2022-5-21
Use props
Nuh7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256411 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 5-21 01:19
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. The flight records will not be stored on the microSD card automatically, but you can manually move the records to the microSD card. Thank you.

A little explanation would be great
2022-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

frankymusik Posted at 5-21 05:16
Hello DJI Thor,
would you please explain how the data (flight records) can be transferred to the microSD card?
Since I can't find this data in the DJI RC (there is no file manager or similar), I can't do anything with your explanation (yet)...

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry for the confusion. Please ignore the method provided above. After further confirmation with our engineer, you are advised to synchronize and upload Flight Records via the APP and then export the data via the phone. Thank you.
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Nuh7 Posted at 5-21 05:21
A little explanation would be great

Hi, there. Sorry for the confusion. Please kindly refer to the reply on 11#. Thank you.
2022-5-22
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 5-22 22:18
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry for the confusion. Please ignore the method provided above. After further confirmation with our engineer, you are advised to synchronize and upload Flight Records via the APP and then export the data via the phone. Thank you.

Hello DJI Thor,

luckily this "method" works.

It was just a bit "unusual" that the data could not be read directly from the (internal) memory of the DJI RC.
Now I was already able to inspect my Mini 3 Pro flights via AirData...

Thanks!
2022-5-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does this mean we cannot access the flightlog txt files namely e.g DJIFlightRecord_2022-04-14_[13-29-51].txt files from the new DJI RC?
2022-5-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 5-22 23:29
Does this mean we cannot access the flightlog txt files namely e.g DJIFlightRecord_2022-04-14_[13-29-51].txt files from the new DJI RC?

Guess the work around is:
  • Sync the RC with the DJI server
  • Sync on an other mobile device as well
  • After sync this mobile device play the video in the flyapp, this will download the flightlog from the server to the mobile device.

I use this sometimes when i using a mobile device wich had a broken USB port. (when xfer logs to usb stick connected to the device)

more and more i think i will not buy that RC. Normal RC with big tablet screen works great!
cheers
JJB

2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 5-22 23:29

Yes. You may refer to another method we provided above.
2022-5-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was going to reserve comment because I do not have a Mini3 yet, but .... I just have to say it.  @Thor - this is not intuitive.  Given the desire to get logging from devices, I wish DJI would not continue to make it harder to get to useful log files.
2022-5-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

From customer perspective, this is a step backwards.  Needlessly harder.   

Flight Record data should be written to drone's microSD card and should also be accessible via USB-C connection.  
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-23 19:29
From customer perspective, this is a step backwards.  Needlessly harder.   

Flight Record data should be written to drone's microSD card and should also be accessible via USB-C connection.

Thanks for your advice. We have forwarded your feedback to our team. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules