Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Upload screenshots and records from DJI RC
573 17 5-20 23:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 25033855 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The DJI RC allows you to take screenshots and screen records (e.g. during flight)...
I think that a micro SD card has to be inserted (I use an older 32GB card for this)...

The operation for such screenshots is a bit "cumbersome" because you have to "swipe" on the screen from top to bottom before you can trigger the function on the screen...

Unfortunately, the internal storage of the DJI RC cannot be accessed via a USB-C cable to use these screenshots / screenrecords...
You have to remove the micro SD card from the DJI RC and then connect it to the PC using a corresponding stick.
Pretty awkward!!!

The desired files can then be found under
    Pictures \ Screenshots
or in the "Movies" folder

Maybe this will help someone...

5-20 23:03
Use props
MySky
Captain
Flight distance : 250243 ft
Germany

Have you tried both, the charging and  the host port ?
5-20 23:06
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

MySky Posted at 5-20 23:06
Have you tried both, the charging and  the host port ?

Yes, I (of course) tested both!
5-20 23:15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 36449459 ft
United Kingdom

I plugged in mine with USB and used Android File transfer to copy those files from my controller.  
5-21 00:31
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-21 00:31
I plugged in mine with USB and used Android File transfer to copy those files from my controller.

... iOS?

I'm using Windows....     
5-21 02:46
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 36449459 ft
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 5-21 02:46
... iOS?

I'm using Windows....

That was on a Mac,   Ive not tried it under windows but I cant see why it couldn't work.   
5-21 02:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't received my Mini3P yet but I'm reading in several posts that removing the SD card is not as easy as it could be due to how recessed it is in the drone.  Have you ran into that problem?
5-21 06:03
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 06:03
I haven't received my Mini3P yet but I'm reading in several posts that removing the SD card is not as easy as it could be due to how recessed it is in the drone.  Have you ran into that problem?

Honestly, I manage very well with my thumb nail to push the card in a bit so that it's easy to remove....
Yes, that might not be ideal, but I've never had any major problems with microSD cards like this..  .
5-21 07:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 5-21 07:28
Honestly, I manage very well with my thumb nail to push the card in a bit so that it's easy to remove....
Yes, that might not be ideal, but I've never had any major problems with microSD cards like this..  .

Sounds good, thanks Franky for that information.      Have a great weekend.
5-21 07:33
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

So far the Mavic 3 is the drone that has the hardest microSD cards to remove!  
You should never do this on the go because they "fly away" quickly...
Since there is a cover over the card slot, you have to "reach in" particularly deeply to even get to the microSD card...
5-21 08:23
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 586975 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can get my screen recordings from the RC SD card by plugging in a USB cable into the Charging Port and view then on my PC in file explorer
5-21 12:56
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-21 12:56
I can get my screen recordings from the RC SD card by plugging in a USB cable into the Charging Port and view then on my PC in file explorer

... are you using a Windows PC?
I do not know why. I'm using Windows 11. I don't have any problems with any other USB device - e.g. DJI RC Pro, smartphone, ....
I will "refresh" the FW of the DJI RC again this afternoon...
5-21 23:13
Use props
Frajahr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102270 ft
Austria

No problem with windows 11. Try an other usb cable. Not all of them are made for data transfer.

Can you do data transfer between the drone and your pc with that same cable?
5-22 04:20
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Frajahr Posted at 5-22 04:20
No problem with windows 11. Try an other usb cable. Not all of them are made for data transfer.

Can you do data transfer between the drone and your pc with that same cable?

... Mini 3 Pro works (is shown as a USB drive in Explorer, the microSD card is shown separately), connection to DJI Assistant 2 is also possible...

... DJI RC works perfectly with the DJI Assistant 2 (for update purposes), but nothing appears in Explorer (neither the internal memory nor the inserted microSD card)...

Unusual.
Tried different cables...
5-22 10:14
Use props
Frajahr
lvl.2
Austria

frankymusik Posted at 5-22 10:14
... Mini 3 Pro works (is shown as a USB drive in Explorer, the microSD card is shown separately), connection to DJI Assistant 2 is also possible...

... DJI RC works perfectly with the DJI Assistant 2 (for update purposes), but nothing appears in Explorer (neither the internal memory nor the inserted microSD card)...

When you plug in the usb cable connected with your pc, does appear a notification on the rc screen? Maybe you could try to format the memory card again.

In the explorer appears "DJI RC" There I can find my screenshots and the screen recordings, but not the pictures and video recordings from the cache of the rc . Neither I can find the internal memory.
5-22 12:02
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Frajahr Posted at 5-22 12:02
When you plug in the usb cable connected with your pc, does appear a notification on the rc screen? Maybe you could try to format the memory card again.

In the explorer appears "DJI RC" There I can find my screenshots and the screen recordings, but not the pictures and video recordings from the cache of the rc . Neither I can find the internal memory.

... exactly, the DJI RC briefly shows a message (and a "ringing tone") that a connection has been established via USB...
That's all...
Unusual.
I've never had anything like this...
5-22 12:08
Use props
Frajahr
lvl.2
Austria

frankymusik Posted at 5-22 12:08
... exactly, the DJI RC briefly shows a message (and a "ringing tone") that a connection has been established via USB...
That's all...
Unusual.

And your pc, no notification pops up? Don't expect a drive letter like D: or E: or F: ... only DJI RC will appear.

Btw. I found the pictures and the video recordings from the cache of the rc too.
5-22 13:01
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Frajahr Posted at 5-22 13:01
And your pc, no notification pops up? Don't expect a drive letter like D: or E: or F: ... only DJI RC will appear.

Btw. I found the pictures and the video recordings from the cache of the rc too.

... I will contact DJI.
Thank you nevertheless!     
5-22 13:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules