947 7 2022-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems that the limit for image exposures is 2 seconds. Personally I'd like to see this drone have the option for longer exposures in future updates, but I wanted to see if it could manage these in challenging conditions.

It was reasonably windy last night (especially for a 249g drone); probably a steady 10mph, gusting up to 20mph. I opted for the 48mp image to really test it and out of the 20 or so images I took, I managed about 3 nearly perfect images with minimal blurring. Had it been a calm night, I have no doubt that this drone can manage to capture a perfect shot almost every time.

There looks to be some blurring in the top and bottom of the image. I'd be interesed to know from the more technical people here if that's how the quad bayer process works?

EXIF:

2022-5-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nice but its wee bit soft, imo..
2022-5-21
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-21 04:25
nice but its wee bit soft, imo..

I agree, it's passable, but not perfect.
2022-5-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 5-21 04:26
I agree, it's passable, but not perfect.

For sure, certainly ok for Facebook and the like
2022-5-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I have seen mixed results with sharpness on that sensor/lens, is it nice and sharp in day time?

If the drone had twist of movement (highly possible in wind) the centre would be sharper than the outer edges. Was this taken at 100 ISO?  This test suggest 48MP is really best at lower ISO's and for almost zero noise use 12 MP. Not quite sure how that works but the results are impressive...

2022-5-21
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-21 04:44
I have seen mixed results with sharpness on that sensor/lens, is it nice and sharp in day time?

If the drone had twist of movement (highly possible in wind) the centre would be sharper than the outer edges. Was this taken at 100 ISO?  This test suggest 48MP is really best at lower ISO's and for almost zero noise use 12 MP. Not quite sure how that works but the results are impressive...

This was taken at 100 ISO. I avoid at all costs to bump up the ISO, as I don't think that many of the DJI drones can handle anything above 100, especially those with the smallest sensor sizes.

I will reshoot this on a calm night to compare. I guess I wanted to show that you can get half decent results in windy conditions with a tiny drone.
2022-5-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

CloudVisual Posted at 5-21 09:54
This was taken at 100 ISO. I avoid at all costs to bump up the ISO, as I don't think that many of the DJI drones can handle anything above 100, especially those with the smallest sensor sizes.

I will reshoot this on a calm night to compare. I guess I wanted to show that you can get half decent results in windy conditions with a tiny drone.

Oh well based on that PilotInstitute test the max quality you can get is 100 IS0 and 48MP so yes any degradation in that image must be wind impacted. I'm like you stuck on 100 ISO but check out that video as it is mind blowing how much less noise (actually no noise) there is using 12MP and higher ISO when compared to 48Mp so much so infact it would prompt me to start using higher ISO's and 12Mp for night shots.  I think if you can shoot that same view on a calm day/night would be interesting but yes wind resistance seems to be way better in this drone from what  have seen. Shopping cart is full just waiting for this range issue on CE to be resolved!
2022-5-21
Use props
Geevo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 5-21 09:54

I will reshoot this on a calm night to compare. I guess I wanted to show that you can get half decent results in windy conditions with a tiny drone.

A little soft but still pretty good for a 2 sec exposure from a flying camera.
2022-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules