Prop / Motor Error Message
982 3 2022-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drone for trave
lvl.1

United States

Just pulled my Mavic Mini out of storage that I got from DJI as a replacement drone a couple of years ago.

Updated everything and on take-off, get a "props spinning too fast" message.  Flew the drone doing manuevers and such and no issues for 4-5 flights other than the error message and an ESC Beeping tone up on landing.  Seems the rear left (nose pointnig away) motor "twiches / moves" during the beeping.  Props are brand new direct from DJI when they shipped me the drone.   Looking at them visually - seems to be no issues like bent / damaged in any way.  Screws are tight on all props as well.

In trying to diagnose the issue a bit more - the waring message when pressed says to let the drone hover for like 5 minutes to "maybe" flatten / straighten the props - but that did not work.  I then took-off and let it just go to normal height on take-off and just let it hover.  Sat coverage was like 7 sats per the display; but it did record homepoint.  Yet, the drone drifted some - mainly to left and right more so than up and down.  Not a great deal, but not super steady under typical GPS stabilization either.

No extra props to test to see if the prop is the issue or not.  Also got a ticket in with DJI, but figured all the great folks in the community may have a bit more insight before and of / when DJI does contact me.

TIA
2022-5-21
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

did you fly with the props came back from dji? Could have been bad before they got to you. Just replace props and retest. Most likely issue will go away. You cannot see slight deviations in the props but they can be enough to trigger the warning.
2022-5-22
Use props
drone for trave
lvl.1

United States

Thanks.  The drone had not flown a day since I received it from DJI 2 years ago.  So, the props on it are what came direct from DJI with the replacement drone and battery.

I had read where storing the Mini in the FlyMore hard case has a tendency to press down on the props and may distort them.  That could very well have happened, but the drone is not always stored in the case.

I thought I had a spare set of props to check that part out, but could not find them and no time to buy a new pair at the moment as will be traveling and wanted to take the Mini with me due to being under 250g.

Submitted a case to DJI, but will probably have to send it back to them for inspection / repair when I get back from travels.

Will order a set of props to have on hand when I do get back and test that out.  Had hoped for some other solution in the short term to fly the drone and not get the "props error msg" and even worse - the ESC Beeping on landing.  That is loud and I prefer not to have that happening.
2022-5-22
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

It's not just storing in the FlyMore case that causes this.  Merely storing the Mini with the arms folded and prop blades crossed will deform the blades.

Here are two threads on the MavicPilots forum explaining what's happening.

Start reading from here:

Motor Speed Error - Mavic Mini

mavicpilots.com/threads/motor-speed-error-mavic-mini.86130/page-13#post-1038101

and here:

Mavic Mini Crash
mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-mini-crash.109111/page-2#post-1236446

2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules