So where is SDK for Mavic 3 ?
2022-10-4
Use props
aerovideos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 799268 ft
  • >>>
France

you make your customers confident to buy mavic 3 and after you just let dowmn your customers without SDK ???????
2022-10-4
Use props
aerovideos
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

DJI you promise SDK for mavic 3, then customers buy the mavic 3 and after you just let down your cutomers without SDK !!! WTF  ????
2022-10-4
Use props
aerovideos
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Where is mavic 3 SDK that you promise ????
i just buy it for SDK !!!!
don't play please with your customers :-(
2022-10-4
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am with you, I need the SDK soon for the M3. I am using the mavic 2 pro for mapping but feel the old way that the batteries are inserted are dangerous the bats swell and worried one day they will pop out.
Please DJI hurry up with the SDK
2022-10-4
Use props
ProMeiFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 809426 ft
  • >>>
Curaçao

Reading the link at the end of the post I see that the "totality" as been changed and it states that "Currently, MSDK V5 only supports the M30 series, M300RTK and Mavic 3 enterprise series. It will support future products later but no old products."  

Does this mean it will not support the "non enterprise" mavic 3? and the Mini 3 Pro?

I bought my Mini 3 Pro in July "knowing" that the SDK will come as it was announced by DJI.  And seeing I live on a remote island it will take me almost the same amount of money to return the drone.
THIS IS VERY DISAPPOINTING

2022-10-14
Use props
MarcoDi
lvl.2

Netherlands

We all want SDK for Mini 3 as you call it "Pro". As people wrote here, you announced it and people bought it also with this in mind. I like my Mini 3 but I would like to have some "pro" options or pro alternatives too. Everything counts in future spendings.
2022-10-17
Use props
EliasAU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53209400 ft
Australia

Everyone sign the petition and go to support for DJI and send them the link https://www.change.org/p/dji-ple ... es-have?signed=true is the long link
2022-10-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EliasAU Posted at 10-22 07:10
Everyone sign the petition and go to support for DJI and send them the link https://www.change.org/p/dji-please-give-the-mavic-3-sdk-support-just-as-your-older-drones-have?signed=true is the long link

This doesnt help the Mini 3 Pro...
2022-10-22
Use props
ProMeiFilms
lvl.2
  • >>>
Curaçao

Got this as reply after mailing DJI last week....... seems like a generic answer but yes:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Regarding your inquiry, we are sorry that we have not received any related information from our senior teams.

Please note that we have informed our Research and Development Engineers about this request. What we can do is collect all related feedback related to this request and forward the information to them. Our Development Team will take this Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possible for the next firmware update/product enhancement.

Please stay tuned for more updates through our official website.
If you need more assistance, do not hesitate to send us a message and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing DJI products.
2022-10-27
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I would love to have SDK support for 3rd party developers for the Mini3Pro. So I can get "pro" things done like photogrammetry etc.
2022-10-27
Use props
Martyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 897467 ft
United Kingdom

Personally I’m disappointed that it’s taken so long for the sdk for the Mavic 3 is taking to be released. I’ve had mine almost 12 months now, after selling my Inspire 2 to downsize a little. Barely any 3rd party mapping apps support the M3, which is disappointing as it’s not a cheap UAV. I love DJI drones, but I believe DJI need to prioritise the functionality of drones they’ve already released before rushing to release new models. Maybe look after your existing customers before rushing to release models that haven’t got all functionality.
2022-11-2
Use props
Jbo
lvl.1

United States

Purchased nearly a dozen Dji drones for business/personal use, but the Mavic 3 may now be my last. No reason to buy future products of theirs if they're going to remove features to try and force you to buy the same drone but marked up 2.5x for an 'Enterprise' version. Planned obsoleteness is making Dji's competitors such as Yuneec look more enticing if mapping is important to you.  
2022-11-22
Use props
raytaylor_nz
lvl.1

New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 22:54
I think its more disappointing that they are dropping support for IOS.

I think that will be to do more with the american/chinese trade war.
2022-12-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be useful if people called the various drones by their correct names. This thread is in the Mini 3 Pro Section but many seen to keep mentioning the Mavic 3. Which actually does not exist. Quite what the M3 is who knows
2022-12-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-16 14:58
It would be useful if people called the various drones by their correct names. This thread is in the Mini 3 Pro Section but many seen to keep mentioning the Mavic 3. Which actually does not exist. Quite what the M3 is who knows

@Bigplumbs - Mavic 3 does not exist?  I'm confused.
2022-12-16
Use props
Dessert Rat
lvl.3
United States

Interesting, if the Mavic 3 doesn't exist, what have I been flying for the last year???
2022-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-16 14:58

There are specs available http://dji.com/mavic-3/specs
2022-12-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 12-16 20:23
@Bigplumbs - Mavic 3 does not exist?  I'm confused.

Don't worry about it, they are being pedantic, they can't help themselves. I have learnt not to engage.
2022-12-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-17 01:38
Don't worry about it, they are being pedantic, they can't help themselves. I have learnt not to engage.

I guess.  I was just wondering if I missed something in the naming conventions.  I definitely have a Mavic 3.
2022-12-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 12-17 09:45
I guess.  I was just wondering if I missed something in the naming conventions.  I definitely have a Mavic 3.

Some try to be clever by telling forum members what they can and cannot do, i wouldnt worry too much, their opinion means diddly to me.
2022-12-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-17 17:34
Some try to be clever by telling forum members what they can and cannot do, i wouldnt worry too much, their opinion means diddly to me.

Well, to quote my niece.... "You are not the boss of me!"  : )
2022-12-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 12-17 17:51
Well, to quote my niece.... "You are not the boss of me!"  : )

Probably more common sense too
2022-12-17
Use props
DinosPapad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14193 ft
Greece

Any news about the long awaited SDK?
2023-1-18
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its pretty obvious they're not going to release it.
Software cripples to differentiate physical hardware models.

Mini is the budget drone so won't get it.  They want you to buy an Enterprise drone.
2023-1-18
Use props
ProMeiFilms
lvl.2
  • >>>
Curaçao

This is just sad.
Getting your customers all "happy" and then pulling back. If I knew this was going to happen I would have bought the Mini 2 as now I am losing customers cause I can not do pre-planned flights anymore as I used to do with my Mavic 2, and my cousin's Mini 2, but he moved out of the country so now I am stuck.
2023-1-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

ProMeiFilms Posted at 1-21 14:10
This is just sad.
Getting your customers all "happy" and then pulling back. If I knew this was going to happen I would have bought the Mini 2 as now I am losing customers cause I can not do pre-planned flights anymore as I used to do with my Mavic 2, and my cousin's Mini 2, but he moved out of the country so now I am stuck.

no offense but these are poor business decisions; plain and simple.
2023-1-21
Use props
DinosPapad
lvl.1
Greece

I still have some hopes based on the time they took to release the sdk for previous mini models. Otherwise, yes, it's not "pro" at all.
Also I understand their enterprise drones and their purpose, but 3rd party apps can add a lot more that we think.
2023-1-25
Use props
DinosPapad
lvl.1
Greece

..and our prayers have been heard, SDK for the mini 3 series was announced. My only fear now is about the compatibility on the DJI RC.
2023-2-4
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah excellent for mini 3 but seriously if rc controller not compatible....which I assume most sales included the rc controller....then what's the point? Force us to go buy the cheaper rc-n1? Which is what most will do, don't bank on people spending more then the drone itself to buy the rc pro.
2023-2-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mastoras Posted at 2-4 05:42
Yeah excellent for mini 3 but seriously if rc controller not compatible....which I assume most sales included the rc controller....then what's the point? Force us to go buy the cheaper rc-n1? Which is what most will do, don't bank on people spending more then the drone itself to buy the rc pro.

Also, we cannot buy the RC N1 new from DJI so we have to look elsewhere...
2023-2-4
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

aerovideos Posted at 2022-10-4 11:35
Where is mavic 3 SDK that you promise ????
i just buy it for SDK !!!!
don't play please with your customers :-(

Not sure DJI promised anything like that.
2023-2-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-4 07:49
Also, we cannot buy the RC N1 new from DJI so we have to look elsewhere...

in before the "dji is forcing everyone to buy rc-n1 to increase sales by releasing the sdk" crowd.  
2023-2-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 2-4 10:31
in before the "dji is forcing everyone to buy rc-n1 to increase sales by releasing the sdk" crowd.

Ya know the conspiracy theorists are like lol
2023-2-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

My reason for not getting the RC was the expectation of an SDK.

I got burned with the original smart controller where very little third party worked on it and didnt want to risk it again.
2023-2-4
Use props
Select_Wes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1309695 ft
United States

DinosPapad Posted at 2-4 01:06
..and our prayers have been heard, SDK for the mini 3 series was announced. My only fear now is about the compatibility on the DJI RC.

Where did you see the announcement?
I'd like to read it.
Thanks
2023-2-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Select_Wes Posted at 2-4 16:26
I'd like to read it.
Thanks

Its on the official SDK DJI thread on the developers forum.
Simply an updated timeline where Mini 3 (not MAvic 3) is back in.
2023-2-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Select_Wes Posted at 2-4 16:26
I'd like to read it.
Thanks

Here....
https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... mer-level-aircraft-
2023-2-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2-4 10:43
My reason for not getting the RC was the expectation of an SDK.

I got burned with the original smart controller where very little third party worked on it and didnt want to risk it again.

Sadly, unless they open up the DJI RC to 3rd party apps then its not going to happen, but then i would be surprised if it means that folk have to buy the N1 as well as owning the DJI RC, very surprised, but then does the DJI RC have enough internal storage for installing 3rd party apps, i don't think it does not when there's only about 2gb free, certainly not for many apps unless it lets us choose app install location, internal or external, same goes for saving things like the screen recording else the internal storage will fill up quickly.
2023-2-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2-4 17:59
Sadly, unless they open up the DJI RC to 3rd party apps then its not going to happen, but then i would be surprised if it means that folk have to buy the N1 as well as owning the DJI RC, very surprised, but then does the DJI RC have enough internal storage for installing 3rd party apps, i don't think it does not when there's only about 2gb free, certainly not for many apps unless it lets us choose app install location, internal or external, same goes for saving things like the screen recording else the internal storage will fill up quickly.

Its not just storage.
The original smart controller ran an old and very cut down Android variant lacking many services.  This streamlined the basic hardware.

Suspect the DJI-RC is the same.  End result is most 3rd party apps cant run on it.
2023-2-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules