CE is a joke. With FCC is quite nice!

The original post is about CE only...
2023-2-25
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Back to to the OP, I'm very happy with what the Mini 3 Pro can do but I wish DJI had given this little drone a better cooling performance... Other than that, we are gold...
2023-4-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-22 15:09
Back to to the OP, I'm very happy with what the Mini 3 Pro can do but I wish DJI had given this little drone a better cooling performance... Other than that, we are gold...

You're FCC though aint ya? its quite a difference in power.

I have not had the chance to do a proper FCC test as yet, with the Plus battery, I've managed a quick 7km in windy conditions but had to turn back as it drained the battery pretty quickly, also the battery had only a couple of runs so it wasn't at optimal at that time.

CE was at 5.5km although i didn't force it, the signal did drop out, so i turned back at 65% battery (standard).

Both tests above were at only 30/31m high. Under the right conditions, this little drone is very capable, but if you move the rc just a wee fraction, it can mean the difference between 4 bars down to 2 or worse. Its certainly less forgiving than the Mini 2 is but its range is better than the Mini 2 if you can keep a steady hand lol

One thing I noticed is that once it drops to 2 bars, it will still keep going a long way for 2 bars, e.g. the 5.5km, it dropped to 2 bars at around 2.8km and carried on through till 5.5km.

One other thing, the problem with a signal drop-out is that it will auto RTH within 3 seconds which was (is) far too quick for my liking as it doesn't give you any wiggle room to play with to see if you can reacquire the signal, so before you know it, it had turned around and started back, no backtracking 50m either, like I'm sure it was meant to? This wee jaunt back the other way puts a spanner in the works wasting precious battery power.
2023-4-23
Use props
Torben Ibsen
lvl.2
Denmark

I think that we should remember that the Sun is in a very active part of it's 9 year cycle. So there are a lot of interruptions which will affect also how our drones can fly. I subscribe to mails from NOAA Space Alerts and get several warning these days. Here is the text in the latest mail from 04:47 UTC time. - Subscribing to those mails are free and easy.

Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 45 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.
Induced Currents - Possible widespread voltage control problems and some protective systems may mistakenly trip out key assets from the power grid. Induced pipeline currents intensify.
Spacecraft - Systems may experience surface charging; increased drag on low earth orbit satellites, and tracking and orientation problems may occur.
Navigation - Satellite navigation (GPS) degraded or inoperable for hours.
Radio - HF (high frequency) radio propagation sporadic or blacked out.
Aurora - Aurora may be seen as low as Alabama and northern California.
2023-4-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Torben Ibsen Posted at 4-23 21:09
I think that we should remember that the Sun is in a very active part of it's 9 year cycle. So there are a lot of interruptions which will affect also how our drones can fly. I subscribe to mails from NOAA Space Alerts and get several warning these days. Here is the text in the latest mail from 04:47 UTC time. - Subscribing to those mails are free and easy.

Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 45 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.

I havent come across any drones affected by the sun, thats not to say it doesn't happen, just not heard of anything like it as yet, Labroides may be able to shed some light on it but i don't think he'll bother with this thread...
2023-4-24
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

IftiBashir Posted at 2022-5-23 00:16
This is my main concern - so much so, that I'm considering cancelling my order until I know it is something that can be fixed.

If you haven’t even ordered your Mini 3 Pro why are you worrying about something that doesn’t exist for the majority of users? You seem to be putting the the product down because of some personal insecurity. If and when you do order the drone and if and when you discover that it has a range of under 350m then you will have the right to air your concerns. Until then…
2023-6-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DuRavary Posted at 6-3 11:42
If you haven’t even ordered your Mini 3 Pro why are you worrying about something that doesn’t exist for the majority of users? You seem to be putting the the product down because of some personal insecurity. If and when you do order the drone and if and when you discover that it has a range of under 350m then you will have the right to air your concerns. Until then…

The OP asked the wrong question anyway, as it stands, many that chose happy haven't flown BVLOS, so any distance within BVLOS they are "happy with it".

When the Mini 3 Pro came out there were many that were not happy with the extended range and when it was 1st released, there were issues in Canada where the drone was stuck in CE mode so that exasperated the issue.

Back to your reply, its quite natural for folks to question a product that they are interested in, especially when there have been numerous reports regarding insufficient range.

I for one was one of those that was worried about buying it, it was a lot of money for me, so after watching many range tests and noticing that some weren't even pointing the RC precisely at the drone, i decided to take a leap and buy it, turns out that the alignment needs to be 100% spot on for any decent range and for closer work for that matter, it also has a problem with the location of the antennas that also degrade the range, when the drone is pitched forward the range is not so good compared to a more horizontal drone.

Members are entitled to ask questions due to any concerns they may have, no need to be snotty about it.
2023-6-4
Use props
djiuser_QEh1h0BgnNxw
lvl.2
United States

Not really. I'm getting about 1200 feet then I have issues
2023-6-7
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

Bashy Posted at 6-4 18:43
The OP asked the wrong question anyway, as it stands, many that chose happy haven't flown BVLOS, so any distance within BVLOS they are "happy with it".

When the Mini 3 Pro came out there were many that were not happy with the extended range and when it was 1st released, there were issues in Canada where the drone was stuck in CE mode so that exasperated the issue.

Snotty? No, I just find it odd. It’s like you’re only interested in hearing negative comments. I’m so glad I didn’t avoid motorcycling, skiing and single-handed offshore sailing because a few people got hurt doing those things, I went with the majority, mind you I’m not negative seeking l8 me you seem to be.
2023-6-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DuRavary Posted at 6-8 13:11
Snotty? No, I just find it odd. It’s like you’re only interested in hearing negative comments. I’m so glad I didn’t avoid motorcycling, skiing and single-handed offshore sailing because a few people got hurt doing those things, I went with the majority, mind you I’m not negative seeking l8 me you seem to be.

Calling them "personally insecure" is a tad snotty in my book.

And yes, thats exactly right, i want to find out about issues prior to purchase.

Your analogy is rubbish, getting hurt using a motorbike or skiing, is not the same as a product that does not perform as expected.

As i said, the wrong question was asked in the 1st place, i bet the poll outcome would be different if it went something like this...

...for those in CE mode, rural, have you managed further than 4000m
...for those in FCC mode, rural, have you managed further than 7000m

For me, i would have said Yes, as I have, but looking at the many replies on various threads, many have not, this can be down to a few things but mostly its RC to AC alignment as this Mini 3 Pro is less forgiving, just a mm off spot on and the connection is fubar.

Folks wanting as much information prior to a purchase isn't wrong and they shouldnt be made to feel that it is, after all, this is what forums are for.
2023-6-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-8 19:28

And yes, thats exactly right, i want to find out about issues prior to purchase.

"As i said, the wrong question was asked in the 1st place, i bet the poll outcome would be different if it went something like this...

...for those in FCC mode, rural, have you managed further than 7000m"

I was under the impression that this poll was about people happiness, not a specific distance...

Are you saying that I cannot be happy at 6999 metres???

I think it is all relative to what you are doing with the drone...
2023-6-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
France

Burt37 Posted at 6-9 02:14
"As i said, the wrong question was asked in the 1st place, i bet the poll outcome would be different if it went something like this...

Actually, you're wrong, the OP did the poll because I was concerned about the range

And ya missing the point, and those figures were just an example.
2023-6-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-9 03:46
Actually, you're wrong, the OP did the poll because I was concerned about the range

And ya missing the point, and those figures were just an example.

Really?

QUOTE:

"Please only vote if you have the drone and have flown it so we get  meaningful results. You decide on whatever grounds you like re if you  are happy or not"

AND:

"My vote is based on the fact that it flys flawlessly way way further than I would ever want to send my little frog all on its own…….I love my little frog"

As usual, you are the one missing the point... It is about being happy with your expectation of the drone. No one really care what that distance is, as long as it is within your expectations!

But you are right. Those silly numbers, you keep posting are just an example of where YOUR happiness may be found... It seems that because you are always so pedantic, the fun part is often missed...
2023-6-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You werent about at the time he made the poll, so its out of context for you and i ain't even going to try to explain the background behind that but suffice it to say he worded it that way on purpose.

MANY do care about the distance and are/were NOT happy with their expectations of the drone, especially when they expected to get further than 300m to 400m, their EXPECTATIONS were far higher than that and even more so when they see 12km FCC / 8km CE advertised.

On the other hand, my expectations were much lower until i bit the bullet and bought it, I can get much further than most in CE mode purely because they do not get the alignment spot on.

You call those numbers silly, i call them what an owner would realistically expect under ideal conditions. I have exceeded both silly figures in their respective modes. As i have already said, many cannot get that far or even close to those SILLY figures, and when many i have come from the MIni 2 that CAN get that far, they came on here or other platforms and complained. Some listened to my explanations and managed to get much further than they did previously.

Why do you say I'm being pedantic? I have exceeded my expectations of the drone in both rural and urban environments. But, I wouldnt say that the range is "minor" would you? If you do then i can see your argument, you obviously do not care about the range, but then you must see others' points of view as they DO care about the range, but then youre in FCC so you can get much further than us in CE mode so come back when you've tried our limitation then we'll talk further.

I feel that i have explained it enough up to this point so i ain't going to go another 10 rounds with you as it becomes increasingly tedious.
2023-6-9
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-8 19:28

On here it seems if you do not own it you have no business commenting and or posting.
2023-6-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-9 19:40
You werent about at the time he made the poll, so its out of context for you and i ain't even going to try to explain the background behind that but suffice it to say he worded it that way on purpose.

MANY do care about the distance and are/were NOT happy with their expectations of the drone, especially when they expected to get further than 300m to 400m, their EXPECTATIONS were far higher than that and even more so when they see 12km FCC / 8km CE advertised.

So are you happy with the range you are getting from your mini 3 pro?
2023-6-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-9 21:25
So are you happy with the range you are getting from your mini 3 pro?

Yes, I am, because I know how to achieve the best possible range, 5.5km in CE, 7 so far in FCC, but at the time this thread was created I didn't have one.
2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-10 00:22
Yes, I am, because I know how to achieve the best possible range, 5.5km in CE, 7 so far in FCC, but at the time this thread was created I didn't have one.

What do you need the best possible range for? What do you do with the drone? Photos? Videos? Fly for fun? Chases with your friends? Mapping? ....
2023-6-10
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.4

Spain

trapicheo.saludos.
2023-6-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CineDude Posted at 2022-7-14 18:37
This  is what I'm reading. It's not that the Mini 3 lacks good range, it is that it is performing WORSE than it should be! When older gen is better than newer gen, it either means there is a problem, or something was nerfed.

I'm looking at buying a drone primarily on camera  specs, second on legalities, and for me that means either Mini 2 or 3. The fact the Mini 3 costs some 50% more than the Mini 2, this range issue is not an insignificant problem.

Its down to how folk are directing the RC, it needs to be 100% spot on pointing at the drone.
I myself have actually gotten further with the Mini 3 Pro in both urban and rural than i ever could with the Mini 2.
2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-10 18:26
Its down to how folk are directing the RC, it needs to be 100% spot on pointing at the drone.
I myself have actually gotten further with the Mini 3 Pro in both urban and rural than i ever could with the Mini 2.

"Ya know what, i think i actually posted saying that not long after the 1st reports started coming in about the  range issues, i put it down to the  hidden tin foil hat man inside of me lol to have someone else think the exact same, well, what can ya say, maybe si maybe nine, i am hoping out of all hopes that it is software and will be rectified sooner rater than later, there was a time when a FW update caused the P4P to have limited range, it was only for a short time mind but, yeah, it happens..."
2023-6-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-10 19:30
"Ya know what, i think i actually posted saying that not long after the 1st reports started coming in about the  range issues, i put it down to the  hidden tin foil hat man inside of me lol to have someone else think the exact same, well, what can ya say, maybe si maybe nine, i am hoping out of all hopes that it is software and will be rectified sooner rater than later, there was a time when a FW update caused the P4P to have limited range, it was only for a short time mind but, yeah, it happens..."

Im not sure what ya getting at with that reply...

As for what i do with mine, i fly it

Im not actually sure what your game is, you have a Mavic 3 with O3+, thats a theoretical 15km range compared with a theoretical 8km CE and only 2.4 once you get a ways out, whereas with FCC 2.4 and 5ghz have the same power.

So, go grab yourself a Mini 3 Pro and fly it in a CE country then come back let me know how you got on. You will find that alignment has to be precise pretty much for the get go, whereas other DJI drones are more forgiving, not only that, even the pitch angle of the AC makes a difference to the signal.

Seen as you've gone from one serious question and now back to replying with a quote only, I'm out of here again, gonna leave it with you as you're talking about something you know nothing about, thats 2 threads on the go where you're talking rubbish, you're trying it on with Labroides now lol so, I'm done, good day!
2023-6-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-10 22:31
Im not sure what ya getting at with that reply...

As for what i do with mine, i fly it

You have 50 post in this thread, and you don't see the problem?

I tried to have a serious conversation with you, but it is just impossible...

Do you have a girlfriend?
2023-6-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-10 22:47
You have 50 post in this thread, and you don't see the problem?

I tried to have a serious conversation with you, but it is just impossible...

You actually remind me of a previous member that was booted out of here, this will be my last reply to you, period!
2023-6-11
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-11 03:38
You actually remind me of a previous member that was booted out of here, this will be my last reply to you, period!

Bashy,i had the same issue with this clown a few days ago.But I am getting older and don't have
the patience to deal with child like behavior,and pulled the pin myself on him.
Have a good day
2023-6-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-11 03:38

That would be only the seventh time you said that...
2023-6-11
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

I've had 4.2 km flight distance on two occasions which was ample for me, it probably would have gone a bit further but the battery would have RTH as it was on the edge and quite low once I got it back.
2023-6-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pastime Posted at 6-11 08:59
Bashy,i had the same issue with this clown a few days ago.But I am getting older and don't have
the patience to deal with child like behavior,and pulled the pin myself on him.
Have a good day

CHeers chap, you too
2023-6-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-12 06:52
CHeers chap, you too

Wouldn't it be handy if there were an ignore function on this site?
2023-6-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-12 08:23
Wouldn't it be handy if there were an ignore function on this site?

ABSOLUTELY!!!
2023-6-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh man, so, so much easier
2023-6-12
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

What a great feature it would be to have as ignore function.
2023-6-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-12 18:04
Oh man, so, so much easier

I have started a poll concern this, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid3064739 .
2023-6-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-13 00:18
I have started a poll concern this, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=292455&page=1#pid3064739 .

Thanks, voted for +1 but as i said on there, this isn't the 1st time one has been asked for but it may be the 1st poll though
2023-6-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blackbuckone Posted at 6-12 04:43
I've had 4.2 km flight distance on two occasions which was ample for me, it probably would have gone a bit further but the battery would have RTH as it was on the edge and quite low once I got it back.

Missed your reply, thats a reasonable distance, and it certainly proves that once you get things right, it is a capable drone, although, you must have had a little bit of a headwind going out, as when i did 5.48km, i started back at 65% and arrived back with 26% left and on the ground at 24%, this was with the standard battery, this was close to the limit transmission signal, as it was just starting to break, in the drones defence, i was only at 31m high though. I did head back a little prematurely to be fair.
2023-6-13
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.4

Spain

Solo en banda 5.8 no tengo dual automatico
2023-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules