New User Phantom 3 Adv and iPad Mini won't work
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve Phantom 3
New

United States

Hello to all. First time here. I purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced that had never been used. Set everything up and used my iphone to connect to app. Everything worked great on the firt flight but the screen on the phone is too small to see any detail so I purchased a new ipad Mini to use.  The ipad mini is wifi but not wifi/cellular so I connected to my iphone's hotsopt and started the setup in DJI GO. I got to the screen where you select the equipment and selected the Phantom 3 Advanced but nothing happens from there. The screen just gives me two options, one is a diagram on how to connect and the other is a "learn more" tab that takes you to the dji website.
It's supposed to go to the camera page after you select the equipment but nothing happpens.

Is this because the ipad just has wifi and has to connect to my phone or is there something else going on that I am missing?

Thanks to all

2022-5-22
Use props
Steve Phantom 3
New

United States

I think I found the answer by looking at more threads. Doesn't appear to be compatible to a device using usb-c. Thats a bummer since the iphones screen is useless for me.
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Steve Phantom 3. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist. Upon checking the mobile device ( iPad Mini) that your are using on the DJI Go application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini will be able to work on the DJI Go application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go application while using it. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go application. Thank you.

2022-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules