Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-23 10:45
I think its the lack of debate ! Thats the problem, it seems like this is a black or white thing. If you think its something other than a fault with the drone you’re most definitely wrong. Yet apart from people saying that signal is useless we have seen very little proof that this is a constant problem. Yes we have seen short distance IE 500m and rth kicks in or glitch at 500m  , but we have also seen and heard from many that have satisfactorily reached good distance with exceptional downlink feed. From you tube we have seen very little showing that 200/300m is all anyone is getting out of this drone.

It seems advice is not going to be taken and reliance on a FW update is going to be the only recourse here. I don’t ever remember a FW update to insure longer or greater signal from Ocysync, but hopefully this will be the first time. I am waiting for delivery expected on Friday and will test in some of my favourite haunts and will report back. With all my drones I have at one time or another had signal loss , but two things were the problem. 1/ FW not updating fully and correctly and signal interference, both of these could be mitigated by me.

Hallmark when you receive would you mind posting with a title like “Testing Signal” or something similar just soI don’t this your post
2022-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Exib Posted at 5-23 10:49
Hallmark when you receive would you mind posting with a title like “Testing Signal” or something similar just soI don’t this your post

Will do……
2022-5-23
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

I think its the lack of debate ! Thats the problem, it seems like this is a black or white thing. If you think its something other than a fault with the drone you’re most definitely wrong. Yet apart from people saying that signal is useless we have seen very little proof that this is a constant problem. Yes we have seen short distance IE 500m and rth kicks in or glitch at 500m  , but we have also seen and heard from many that have satisfactorily reached good distance with exceptional downlink feed. From you tube we have seen very little showing that 200/300m is all anyone is getting out of this drone.

It seems advice is not going to be taken and reliance on a FW update is going to be the only recourse here. I don’t ever remember a FW update to insure longer or greater signal from Ocysync, but hopefully this will be the first time. I am waiting for delivery expected on Friday and will test in some of my favourite haunts and will report back. With all my drones I have at one time or another had signal loss , but two things were the problem. 1/ FW not updating fully and correctly and signal interference, both of these could be mitigated by me.

Depends if by "proof" you mean other than the first hand experience of users on this forum.

Like I said we are all members of a drone forum. People at this stage are familiar with RC orientation, VLOS, causes of interference etc. It feels like we are not being listened to or taken seriously because the same points are being brought up again and again.

Obviously there are more things to learn about this new drone and RC but I believe others when they say they are disappointed in signal strength, range and inconsistency, especially when compared to drones we already have.

My comparison stands. People asking for help with other problems are not being asked to provide proof. I don't have a problem with updating firmware on my unit for example but I'm not going to disbelief someone who has a problem with theirs. Not looking to fight with anyone here, it's just getting frustrating being told to shut up about it essentially.
2022-5-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheBoy Posted at 5-23 05:17
As I've repeatedly said, the signal is inconsistent.  I have easily achieved beyond VLOS, yet at other times, getting stuttery/frozen video feed and disconnections well within VLOS.

The Mini 2, by comparison, is pretty much rock solid at any height within any distance that could be classed as VLOS, in any kind of hostile signal area.

Have you tried flying the mini 3 pro with the mini 2 controller?  I am curious if it is the mini 3 pro or the new RC that is the problem.
2022-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

FlyBoo Posted at 5-23 10:57
Depends if by "proof" you mean other than the first hand experience of users on this forum.

Like I said we are all members of a drone forum. People at this stage are familiar with RC orientation, VLOS, causes of interference etc. It feels like we are not being listened to or taken seriously because the same points are being brought up again and again.

Ok ill explain and Im coming from experience. I’m not saying people are not experiencing difficulties, but I read two posts this evening of lack of signal , one flying over a forest and one over woodland. Both these are notoriously known for interfering with radio signal, so unless you harp on to every single individual who flys in his usual haunts but is now all of a sudden experiencing lack of signal and argue with his set up and flying environment and try explaining what apart from a broken drone might cause his bad signal, he will never believe you, because he’s already convinced his drone is broken. And if that was me I’d send back straight away, waiting will mean you won’t be able to send back. So depending on FW is high risk.

People are listening, but your not interested in what they have to say, you just want them to agree and give no practical advice.
People who ask for advice with video or photo are always asked to post actual problems, and if it looks like its a real problem members cannot help with then sending in is usually good advice.

Nobody is disbelieving but when I here or see what are potentially interference hazards I can only surmise enough thought or testing is not being done with everyone. Im not trying to be condescending but I have seen this many times before, there is big expectancy with O3 but apart from really clear and smooth downlink video it is only marginally better than O2 . Signal might be improved with FW but I guarantee it will not be what a lot are expecting..
Incidentally I'm not telling anyone to shut up.
2022-5-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 5-23 09:15
Thats the main issue DJi saying it can fly 8km after that statement you would think its rock solid

I would nevber fly 8km but I will be upset if I cant fly 600 meters

DJI said that it could fly 8km distance it did not say that it had a range of 8km.
2022-5-23
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

BobWinNV Posted at 5-23 11:35
DJI said that it could fly 8km distance it did not say that it had a range of 8km.

RTFM buddy, then post https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_user_manual_v1.0_en.pdf

18 km of total drone flight time

transmission distance of the rcu: 12 km FCC and 8 km in CE regions

1.5-3 km in strong interference
3-7 km in moderate
7-12 km in no interference
2022-5-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Is there any way can scientifically test this? This is way beyond my skills but is there anybody on the forum that has the gear or ability to simply put a Mini 2 or Mini 1 and a Mini 3 in a controlled environment and actually measure the strength of the signal coming from each? If the Mini3 is significantly lower then we have gone backwards and DJI have been misleading in their communication if it has improved well we just proved all is good and there must be extraordinarily high interference.

Another point raised was the transmission is 1080p that must take a lot of extra power compared to 480 or 720 if this is an issue is that something that could be altered in firmware?
2022-5-23
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 5-23 11:35

True but you would hope you could achieve 500 meters with loosing signal
2022-5-23
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-22 08:16
I don't have low opinions on any drones....I express my opinion related to negative points of any drone I have...because costs money and is not for free...
Also Autel have some issues posted...as they also have garbage under carpet...
Maybe they fix it...

I don't know,sounds like a low opinion to me
2022-5-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-23 12:33
Is there any way can scientifically test this? This is way beyond my skills but is there anybody on the forum that has the gear or ability to simply put a Mini 2 or Mini 1 and a Mini 3 in a controlled environment and actually measure the strength of the signal coming from each? If the Mini3 is significantly lower then we have gone backwards and DJI have been misleading in their communication if it has improved well we just proved all is good and there must be extraordinarily high interference.

Another point raised was the transmission is 1080p that must take a lot of extra power compared to 480 or 720 if this is an issue is that something that could be altered in firmware?

"... to simply put a Mini 2 or Mini 1 and a Mini 3 in a  controlled environment and actually measure the strength of the signal  coming from each?"

Problem may have nothing to do with transmitter output power (mW).  The in-middle of no-where  (no radio interference) test would do almost as much to confirm M1, M2, M3 have same transmitter power.

Problem is more likely to be with M3's receiver ability to handle radio interference vs. M2 & M1.  How well DSP part of reciever filters out (rejects) surpurilous noise; while amplyfing valid digital data.

Two aspects come to mind.  What kind of encoding is being used and how tolerant encoding is to surpurilous signals (error detection, error detection with correction).  How transmitter and recieiver pair react to excess stray noise.  As in do transmitter / receiver rapidly change to another channel or re-try communications several times on current channel before switching.

2022-5-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-23 12:33

"Another point raised was the transmission is 1080p that must take a lot of extra power compared to 480 or 720"

Not extra power.  Amounts to more data being crammed into limited bandwidth or data being spread out across larger bandwidth (when allowed).

Simplistically - 1,080 changes in 1-second vs. 480-changes in 1-second.  Overall average On time would be still same, difference is 2.25 times as many changes in 1-second.

With higher number of changes, there will be less time for handling of communication errors, such as repeated retransmitts.  With stray noise of urban enviroment coupled to sharing channels with other transmitters/receiver pairs, something has give.  Slower transmission rates with Lower resolutions or frequent communication failures; which ties back to how DSP is programmed to handle interference problems.

2022-5-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-23 17:21
"Another point raised was the transmission is 1080p that must take a lot of extra power compared to 480 or 720"

Not extra power.  Amounts to more data being crammed into limited bandwidth or data being spread out across larger bandwidth (when allowed).

Thanks for all this, I had no idea! I could be wrong but from what you are saying is there some hope the issue could possibly be improved by firmware? I think that is everyone's hope?
2022-5-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

bxq Posted at 5-23 12:12
RTFM buddy, then post  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_user_manual_v1.0_en.pdf

They missed out the the 0.2-500m line for ridiculously strong interference
2022-5-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-23 18:09
Thanks for all this, I had no idea! I could be wrong but from what you are saying is there some hope the issue could possibly be improved by firmware? I think that is everyone's hope?

I believe it is possible for FW update to help with signal interference in Urban areas.  
Assuming:
1) There really is a distance problem over previous minis.  I say this because there are both unknown and uncontrollable factors during urban testing which could be slewing results.  Like say, vehicle with mobile wifi passing by or another drone OP flying in same area as m3.
2) DJI made FW or hardware changes (requiring different FW) to m3 (aka Frog?) over previous mini versions, and with changes came unexpected and unwanted comm. problem.

Going back to a point you brought up.  If urban distance comparison is being done with mini2 using 720 and mini3 using 1080 for transmission back to RC/SmartDevice; then there is a possible issue.  Higher data rate is going to suffer easier from radio interference of urban environment, requiring messages from RC to drone the last camera data needs to be resent.

Unless someone has inside scoop to say one way or other; I would think DJI would prioritize RC commands and drone status info over that of camera image data being sent back and required acknowledgements.  Which leads to how much of effect higher resolution (1080 vs. 720/480) would have on m3 completely disconnecting from RC vs. loosing live camera feed.

2022-5-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-23 19:19
I believe it is possible for FW update to help with signal interference in Urban areas.  
Assuming:
1) There really is a distance problem over previous minis.  I say this because there are both unknown and uncontrollable factors during urban testing which could be slewing results.  Like say, vehicle with mobile wifi passing by or another drone OP flying in same area as m3.

So you are saying you would have thought they would sacrifice video display for control stream so you would expect image break up and degradation well before you had disconnection? I may be wrong but it feels like on my Mini 1 I get way more bad video before it disconnects and on most Youtube videos I have seen there is very little video degradation with the Mini 3 Pro before it disconnects? Maybe it's a thing for DJI to look at?

There is so much feedback online about interference and disconnects (plus postings of great range but using FCC) feels like it is a real issue. Can't remember any of the other Mini releases having this much push back by the drone community. Very similiar to M3 GPS push back  and with same level of varied feedback...

Fingers crossed for firmware improvement but from what you are saying there might be some wiggle room in there for DJI to make positive changes?  
2022-5-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 5-22 11:24
I’m sure on the video you posted earlier today you lost signal at 200 meters because the drone was behind you?

Correct and that was using my Mavic Air 2 and N1 controller. Assuming you are talking about the video of the Hadleigh show
2022-5-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

A few more tests made yesterday, as I have seen some video in urban area at 1000+ meters...

FACT for CE only (I cannot test FCC in Europe):
1. You can get 1000+ meters in high density urban area ! Only that you need to climb on roof or in a tree, in order to have the RC higher than buildings.
2. As long as you stay with your RC above buildings and with drone another 30-50 m higher, the signal is clear in 1000+ meters.
3. You are not a pigeon and neither a monkey, so in 99% of cases you cannot go to a roof or climb a tree for point 1 and 2.
4. At the moment you are on ground, even if you have direct sight with drone, but signal is traversing noise areas from routers, you cannot get more than 400m. (same area where I was on top of building).

So the issue seems to be that the drone is very sensitive to signal received and/or is not always changing to a free channel. I did not tried manual change of 2.4 ghz channels, don't know if still works to pick manually a channel ( i think is just letting you choose the band and that is it)....But from what I observed, any interference in direct sight will kill signal fast with too much noise.
Not the same at other DJI products, in same area I was filming with Mini 2, Air 2 and Air2S for a time, no issues like this observed. (perhaps antenna location have some to do with it?)
All time the new RC was aligned directly to drone, last firmware, and so on...

This is why we see tests with different ranges, the ones that get a lot of range usually try to cheat (intentionally or unintended) by climbing a high area, a roof, or goes in areas where in direct sight don't have any noise (as 2.4 Ghz routers have a lot less power at 30-50 m away from building where it works).
2022-5-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bxq Posted at 5-23 12:12
RTFM buddy, then post  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_user_manual_v1.0_en.pdf

Yes, I miss spoke, advertised distance is 18km not 8km.

As far as your reference the predicted transmission range does not establish advertised range.  I don’t believe DJI makes it a point to advertise drone ranges.

Quoting:
Signal Transmission Ranges
(FCC) [6]
Strong Interference (urban landscape): Approx. 1.5-3 km
Medium Interference (suburban landscape): Approx. 3-7 km
Low Interference (suburb/seaside): Approx. 7-12 km
Antennas
4 antennas, 1T2R

Notice the reference to footnote (6).

6. Data is tested under FCC standards in unobstructed environments of typical interference. Only to serve as a reference and provides no guarantee as to the actual flight distance.
Max one-way communication distance of DJI Mini 3 Pro in countries/regions of different standards:  …”

Notice they mention no guarantee as to actual flight distance.   There are so many things that affect the range. Much more then the RC predicted RF range.

A word of advice. Try to curb your arrogance.
2022-5-23
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

All manufacturers use reference results from lab conditions in their manuals and adds :-)

A word of advice: don't write "DJI said <something>" in public forum and use some random data. mini 3 pro manual pdf is just few click away in google ;-)
2022-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

BobWinNV Posted at 5-23 22:35
Yes, I miss spoke, advertised distance is 18km not 8km.

As far as your reference the predicted transmission range does not establish advertised range.  I don’t believe DJI makes it a point to advertise drone ranges.

Over the years flying lightbridge O1,O2 and now O3 I have found that you can tell areas were interference is likely to be and expect a rocky ride from flying in these areas, and then sometimes for no known reason you get a disconnect and a RTH ensues. The last thing on my mind is “my drone is broke” because its nearly always my set up or the environment I’m flying in.

Simply losing sight of the drone and not being sure the remote has LOS to the drone can cause a drop in signal, flying over forests of trees can dampen the signal turning away from the drone or not flying high enough can cause bad and loss of signal. Just chatting looking constantly at your screen and not being aware of where your remote is to where your craft is can cause los of signal.
Warnings to realign antennas are exactly that, “take some action” fly higher to try gain better signal etc.

I’m not saying people can’t fly we’re all capable of making mistakes bad judgement lack of concentration etc. I have seen now many with exceptionally good signal both urban and rural to know that O3works fine, can it be fine tuned I’m not sure I haven’t come across any FW yet saying O3 has been optimized, but maybe a first will come.

But my recommendation is become familiar with the area you’re flying in, know that for instance flying after 5pm in an urban area you are much more likely to have more interference. Flying over forest use maximum height allowed or fly from above the forest, keep remote and drone in full LOS at all times. If you want to fly long distance figure out where is best for none or little interference and if you see someone flying 4k etc know that he’s doing this under good conditions and your drone under similar conditions will also fly similarly.

I don’t believe the drones got different hardware Fimware or software, I don’t believe anyone inserted antennas upside down or some have “bad batches” there can be too many conspiracies surrounding new dji drones and signal is one that follows most dji drones, but when users get used to the drone and figure out what works best things usually fall into line. For me this drone is at risk if its flown too far I think 1000m is more than enough, but thats up to the owner of the drone.

2022-5-24
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-23 07:13
Well I was trying to explain that bad signal is caused by interference . You say it’s not interference , but explain it as mini2 works Mini 3 doesn’t. You then go on to explain and admit to being some what of an expert in RF communication. So I’m quite happy to get this piece of information.
One thing I do know is interference is not consistently the same all of the time. There can be more interference at different times of the day etc. it can simply be down to what altitude you’re flying at .

There are many reasons why a signal cannot be demodulated by the receiver.  External interference is definitely one, but not the only one.  Antenna design and receiver design can also cause perfectly good signals to be corrupted at the receiving end.

As I previously said, I can do repeatable test flights comparing the Mini 2 with the Mini 3, and it is *ALWAYS* the Mini 3 that runs into signal issues.  Its almost impossible to get the Mini 2 to lose connection or even video feed within 500m here, no matter what you do.  I can get the Mini 3 to disconnect or lose video feed virtually every time.  Thus, if it was purely external interference, I would expect to intermittently see both of these Mini aircraft suffer.  It may well be that the Mini 2's receivers have better filtering on the front, or simply better hardware, that makes it less prone to external interference.  Or it might not be external interference playing a major part.

So unless somebody with a jammer is checking which aircraft I've flying, and only turn on the jammer when I have the Mini 3 out, its fair to say the Mini 3 has a signal/range issue.  And the fact that this forum and others are full of similar complaints show its not just me who has a personal signal jammer down the road.
2022-5-24
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah, all makes sense, you haven't actually flown one yet....     ...yet telling everyone there is no problem with it
2022-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

TheBoy Posted at 5-24 00:06
There are many reasons why a signal cannot be demodulated by the receiver.  External interference is definitely one, but not the only one.  Antenna design and receiver design can also cause perfectly good signals to be corrupted at the receiving end.

As I previously said, I can do repeatable test flights comparing the Mini 2 with the Mini 3, and it is *ALWAYS* the Mini 3 that runs into signal issues.  Its almost impossible to get the Mini 2 to lose connection or even video feed within 500m here, no matter what you do.  I can get the Mini 3 to disconnect or lose video feed virtually every time.  Thus, if it was purely external interference, I would expect to intermittently see both of these Mini aircraft suffer.  It may well be that the Mini 2's receivers have better filtering on the front, or simply better hardware, that makes it less prone to external interference.  Or it might not be external interference playing a major part.

“Antenna design and receiver design can also cause perfectly good signals to be corrupted at the receiving end.”

This would almost certainly affect all mini3 drones and its not the case.

“Its almost impossible to get the Mini 2 to lose connection or even video feed within 500m here,”

If you go back in the forum to release of mini2 you will find plenty losing signal early in flight.

“I can get the Mini 3 to disconnect or lose video feed virtually every time.”

That sounds more like a problem with your drone, I can also get all my drones to lose signal by my own actions, and I have lost signal at close distance at times , but if yours is 100%, you really should return after all we have seen many get really positive results.

As I said before I haven’t yet seen FW that improves O1,O2 or O3 but maybe it can be optimized and they just don’t release the notes. But are you prepared to take the chance this will happen. I won’t have my mini 3 until Friday hopefully Ill test then and see how it works and post on the forum.
2022-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

TheBoy Posted at 5-24 00:08
Ah, all makes sense, you haven't actually flown one yet....     ...yet telling everyone there is no problem with it

I didn’t tell anyone there was no problem with their the drone. I have plenty of experience with all dji drones from matrice which I fly commercially to mini 1. I have used WiFi drones lightbridge, O1,O2 and O3. I have seen many dji releases and have seen many teeting problems as well as real problems defects.

I know when and how to fly to avoid known interference and look out for potential interference etc and I will fly and test Mini 3 when I get it and I will report as I see it.
2022-5-24
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 5-24 00:06
There are many reasons why a signal cannot be demodulated by the receiver.  External interference is definitely one, but not the only one.  Antenna design and receiver design can also cause perfectly good signals to be corrupted at the receiving end.

As I previously said, I can do repeatable test flights comparing the Mini 2 with the Mini 3, and it is *ALWAYS* the Mini 3 that runs into signal issues.  Its almost impossible to get the Mini 2 to lose connection or even video feed within 500m here, no matter what you do.  I can get the Mini 3 to disconnect or lose video feed virtually every time.  Thus, if it was purely external interference, I would expect to intermittently see both of these Mini aircraft suffer.  It may well be that the Mini 2's receivers have better filtering on the front, or simply better hardware, that makes it less prone to external interference.  Or it might not be external interference playing a major part.

Good points
2022-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-23 22:25
A few more tests made yesterday, as I have seen some video in urban area at 1000+ meters...

FACT for CE only (I cannot test FCC in Europe):

I’m sure you calling it cheating. If you’re in an urban area on the ground and your drone is at a height of 30m and distance of 400m it’s likely you will not have direct line of sight to the drone from the remote so interference is very likely and normal.

Most long range tests start on very high ground because to achieve long distance you need to avoid the interference.
2022-5-24
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-24 00:23
“Antenna design and receiver design can also cause perfectly good signals to be corrupted at the receiving end.”

This would almost certainly affect all mini3 drones and its not the case.

If you don't have it until Friday, why you keep making opinions on Mini 3? )))

Take a nap until saturday....test it...for sure you will love it, as I believe you will be the lucky winner of the PERFECT ONE )))))
2022-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-24 06:12
If you don't have it until Friday, why you keep making opinions on Mini 3? )))

Take a nap until saturday....test it...for sure you will love it, as I believe you will be the lucky winner of the PERFECT ONE )))))

You made enough comments here about the drone before you had it.
2022-5-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-23 06:09
I would love to see this, if anyone is in or near the Norfolk / Suffolk border, please shout me to have a meet up, I really want to see what's going on, thanks.

I am in that location but I fear we might murder each other
2022-5-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 5-23 11:32
Have you tried flying the mini 3 pro with the mini 2 controller?  I am curious if it is the mini 3 pro or the new RC that is the problem.

Both seem to give similar results from what I have seen. I have both controllers but have not tried the N1 and to be honest cant be bothered with the faff........

I think it is worth mentioning that people doing this testing are offten putting themselves to quite a lot of work just to help those sitting in the Fence.

I went out to do another range test today to inform people on here. It pi**ed down with rain and I never got the chance..... That did however occupy over 2 hours of my time as I live in a No fly zone and waited about for the rain to stop.
2022-5-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-24 06:12
If you don't have it until Friday, why you keep making opinions on Mini 3? )))

Take a nap until saturday....test it...for sure you will love it, as I believe you will be the lucky winner of the PERFECT ONE )))))

Reasonable point
2022-5-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-24 06:42
I am in that location but I fear we might murder each other

Had you answered when I 1st asked you were far more amicable, you only turned testy once the range became an issue for many and i was trying to advise you of the best way to get the most out of the alignment, you wasn't happy about that, and then your multiple posts went up regarding the same thing, pretty much. Then, in this very post, you come out with about how much it's taking up too much of your time testing, no one has forced you to do anything, you poor thing, spose it was our fault it rained too, although, i should stop with the rain dancing though, its killing my back...

When i 1st asked to meet up, i was offering to see what was what with the range issue etc and so you could show me the drone, it would have helped greatly in my decision making, thanks for that, much appreciated.
2022-5-24
Use props
patrick51
lvl.4
Flight distance : 407300 ft
Netherlands

I loved al my DJI mini drones.....

The Mini 1 was not good with signal strenght, but ordered some Yagi antennas and it was a little better.
The i upgraded to the Mini 2, man what was that a game changer.......... you could fly without any problems or signal loss.
Now the Mini 3 came out and has all the things you wanted on a little drone. But somehow the signal/connection strenght wend all the way back to the Mini 1!?

Hope DJI can fix this, that's all we with problems ask for.

And all the Youtubers with free drones and all the people winning over here you can't talk about it or saying you can't fly further then 300/500M............................ Ppppfffffff..............
2022-5-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-24 07:00
Had you answered when I 1st asked you were far more amicable, you only turned testy once the range became an issue for many and i was trying to advise you of the best way to get the most out of the alignment, you wasn't happy about that, and then your multiple posts went up regarding the same thing, pretty much. Then, in this very post, you come out with about how much it's taking up too much of your time testing, no one has forced you to do anything, you poor thing, spose it was our fault it rained too, although, i should stop with the rain dancing though, its killing my back...

When i 1st asked to meet up, i was offering to see what was what with the range issue etc and so you could show me the drone, it would have helped greatly in my decision making, thanks for that, much appreciated.

You know a lot about the Drone but have not got one and now you seem to know a lot about me and you have never met me.......... Do try and think.

By the way almost all of what you posted above is incorrect
2022-5-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

patrick51 Posted at 5-24 07:00
I loved al my DJI mini drones.....

The Mini 1 was not good with signal strenght, but ordered some Yagi antennas and it was a little better.

Go see old Hendric in your neck of the woods......... He always tells the truth !!!!!!!!. Remember to click the Dislike Button Twice
2022-5-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-24 08:08
You know a lot about the Drone but have not got one and now you seem to know a lot about me and you have never met me.......... Do try and think.

By the way almost all of what you posted above is incorrect

I am not here to go 10 rounds with you as to who's right and who's wrong, we all know you're happy with yours. You're right, I do know a fair bit about the drone, that's what reviews are for and that's what I've been trying to tell you, this is what i do before i dive in head 1st and i know I've never met you, not through lack of trying though, but i know how you come across in your replies, that's enough for me, you was just fine until i tried to explain how to align the RC to the drone correctly, then you started to get prissy, so let's just leave it there, i have nothing more to say.
2022-5-24
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Hi, I have read all your comments.
I can not understand. If a radio system (transmitter / receiver) has a problem, it becomes evident when put under pressure and when compared to other radio systems.
I've been trying to find obvious problems in the DJI MINI 3 and DJI RC system for a week by comparing it to the Mavic Air 2 and RC-N1 system.

I can not find them.

I tried to make them pass and stay near radio repeaters, in the open countryside, behind trees, behind houses but I couldn't find a time when the DJI MINI 3 performed worse than the other.
All tests had almost similar results.

Now, I'd like to watch videos in which there is a comparison, because just remembering how the previous drone went the year before is not good, to compare a radio signal it must be done at least a few minutes later if not simultaneously and above all, trying to keep the same route.

Thank you
2022-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 5-24 11:53
I can not understand. If a radio system (transmitter / receiver) has a problem, it becomes evident when put under pressure and when compared to other radio systems.
I've been trying to find obvious problems in the DJI MINI 3 and DJI RC system for a week by comparing it to the Mavic Air 2 and RC-N1 system.

Thank you for your expert opinion, look forward to any more results you come up with.
2022-5-24
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 5-24 11:53

You are on a CE system in Italy? This seems to be the most affected system. Look forward to hearing more if you find out anything...  Thanks
2022-5-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules