Telemetry Data in Goggle video
2734 8 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nike45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46043 ft
United States

Is is possible to set yp the system so when I'm recording video from the drone and my goggles I can see all of the telemetry and messages in my goggle video when I play it back? All I get now as a copy of what the drone is recording.

2022-5-22
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

Unfortunately, it's not possible. You can use a 3rd party software to overlay the data on your videos, like Dashware or Telemetry Overlay, but that's it.
2022-5-22
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2560784 ft
Portugal

Send the links please. Thank you
2022-5-22
Use props
Nike45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46043 ft
United States

Thanks RH009. I've seen videos on YouTube that look like they were recording the exact telemetry I see when flying. I'm not that savvy with third party software that requires a lot of configuration. I can live with what I have for now. Would be a nice upgrade for the goggles of enough folks asked DJI to make it a feature.
2022-5-22
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

Nike45 Posted at 5-22 08:32
Thanks RH009. I've seen videos on YouTube that look like they were recording the exact telemetry I see when flying. I'm not that savvy with third party software that requires a lot of configuration. I can live with what I have for now. Would be a nice upgrade for the goggles of enough folks asked DJI to make it a feature.

Would be nice to have, but I'm not very confident in DJI doing anything more with the FPV. So many little things with the FW need to be fixed, yet all they've done since August 2021 is roll the firmware back in March, rather than provide fixes for the issues.
2022-5-22
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

EiraSYS Posted at 5-22 08:19
Send the links please. Thank you

http://www.dashware.net/ (free, but no longer supported and prone to errors)
https://djitelemetryoverlay.com/ (paid, but still supported and functional)
2022-5-22
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Nike45 Posted at 5-22 08:32
Thanks RH009. I've seen videos on YouTube that look like they were recording the exact telemetry I see when flying. I'm not that savvy with third party software that requires a lot of configuration. I can live with what I have for now. Would be a nice upgrade for the goggles of enough folks asked DJI to make it a feature.

It's a little work but it's definitely not hard. It isn't likely DJI is really listening. Because since day one of this drone and some of their other products people have been asking for the overlays. I'm assuming that they think it's proprietary and they're not going to give it to us.

https://youtu.be/jn2bREb4T5A
2022-5-22
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

SgtRay Posted at 5-22 10:30
It's a little work but it's definitely not hard. It isn't likely DJI is really listening. Because since day one of this drone and some of their other products people have been asking for the overlays. I'm assuming that they think it's proprietary and they're not going to give it to us.

https://youtu.be/jn2bREb4T5A

I don't even care of the overlays, as much as I care about the timezone being correct in the data, and the RTH being able to be set as imperial, and the toggle switch for the gimble able to work in Manual, and all the other little things that can be fixed. But alas, I am giving up hope and just dealing with what we have.
2022-5-22
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

RH009 Posted at 5-22 13:05
I don't even care of the overlays, as much as I care about the timezone being correct in the data, and the RTH being able to be set as imperial, and the toggle switch for the gimble able to work in Manual, and all the other little things that can be fixed. But alas, I am giving up hope and just dealing with what we have.

Lol it's what I do.
2022-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules