Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mission Flying
1533 6 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
max
lvl.3

South Africa

Hi guys, I may be missing something, else I have a question.

I have a new V3 Pahntom Vision Plus,...

I'm really struggling to do an atonomous flight with the Vision iPhone App, with built in GroundStation
1.  its too small, my fat fingers does everything except position the waypoints
2. I cant save anything, to finetune later
3. I'm uncomfortable to sit in the sun and try and map a course with everything on and battery draining

My question is:
Why does the GS app for the iPad not work with the PV+?  Then I can at least design and fine tune a route, save it, be sure I get the hights and clearances right, and just transfer it to the quadcopter right before I need to fly??

Am I missing something???

Regards
Max

2014-12-1
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Perhaps you could answer me a question.

I have not flown mine yet (arrived today - on charge) but I have installed the Vision software on my iPhone and my Hudl, the Hudl  (an android wifi only tablet) does not have 3G and it seems to load its maps from Google, so is an internet connection required for DJIVision or can you download the maps prior to the flight.
2014-12-1
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The iPad / PC ground station is a different animal altogether, and uses the Bluetooth data link to communicate with the Phantom, if you really want to you can add this to the Vision +.

The Vision app version of ground station is ok for free, not that I have ever used it as I don't see the point of buying the Phantom only to let the computer fly it.

For fat fingers you can use a pen or stylus.
2014-12-1
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

umpa Posted at 2014-12-1 18:58
Perhaps you could answer me a question.

I have not flown mine yet (arrived today - on charge) but I ...

Yep, it seems when you want to use ground station on the Vision App, you first need to disconnect the Phantom, get the maps of where you are, and then reconnect the Phantom, cant do both at the same time
2014-12-1
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-1 19:00
The iPad / PC ground station is a different animal altogether, and uses the Bluetooth data link to c ...

I cant fot the life of me fly a MX track accurately enough and do the video at the same time, so I want to repeatedly fly the track, fine tune the corners, banking etc, save it, and repeat next week.
Then I can focus on the camera work.
So the long and short of it I need to get the Bluetooth Data link?
2014-12-1
Use props
DJI-Soarsky Pri
lvl.1

China

Dear Max,
For you question, we suggest you download the map before using the Ground Station Function in Version APP, otherwise, the APP will download the map through your mobile data flow when you open the Ground Station interface. BTW, you can also download the version APP on your ipad. it's the same as the iphone and will provide you more space to control.
Best Regards,
DJI Innovations
2014-12-4
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI-Soarsky Pri  Yes. I used it with my android tablet and found it a very usable product.  I downloaded the map on my home wifi, it downloaded a lot more of the map than I thought it would, so when I got to my location all the map was there - worked very well. - Good App.
2014-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules