Phone screen!
2057 24 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HotFire35706
lvl.1

United States

I am having troubles with being able to see the live camera picture on my phone.  When I first got this drone and hooked it up, the live video showed on my phone screen.  I have flown this about 2 or 3 times a week for the last couple weeks since I got it.  However, as of  the last week or so, I can no longer get the live picture to show on my phone.  Can anyone tell me if there is a reason why it isn't showing?  Everything has been updated and has been working properly up until it stopped showing video last week.  I've researched everywhere I know of and can't find anything related to such a problem.  
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HotFire35706. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application as well? Thank you.
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you try turning off all equipment and trying to fly again?
And if you still encounter the same problem, can you send us a video for confirmation?
Then we will check and reply to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your support in advance.
2022-5-22
Use props
HotFire35706
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-22 19:49
Hello there HotFire35706. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application as well? Thank you.

I am using a Samsung S21 Ultra.  Was working perfect before.  Now nothing!
2022-5-23
Use props
HotFire35706
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-22 20:22
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you try turning off all equipment and trying to fly again?
And if you still encounter the same problem, can you send us a video for confirmation?
Then we will check and reply to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your support in advance.

Turning off what equipment and flying again?  I feel I've done all of this and nothing is working.  And i cant take a picture or video of whats happening if im already using the phone to fly.   
2022-5-23
Use props
HotFire35706
lvl.1

United States

Well, for what it was worth, thanks anyway for the help.  I (attempted to) talk to 2 different people on the phone with absolutely zero results.  The phone connection for customer service is horrible at best. I'm lucky if I even heard every 10th word they said.  Absolutely terrible experience!  I then tried the live chat which walked me through all the steps that I've already tried a dozen times.  Still got me nowhere. However, she did create a case for me and now I am sending it all back for a full refund.  I hate to be negative but the customer service here was poor at best.  Maybe someday I'll find a drone worth buying!
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_ZKpmPElM4xjJ
New
United States

I am having the same issue.  I have a Mini SE that was working fine, but now I get a black screen (no camera view at all when using DJI Fly app).  The camera does take pictures and video, though, so I know it's not hardware related.  If I use the Aloft app, the camera is visible.  So, this tells me something is definitely wrong with the DJI Fly app.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app 3 times now.  I cleared all cache, etc. I've restarted my phone. I've tried changing the order on whether I power on the drone or the controller.  Nothing has helped.  It worked fine for the first week.  What's going on??
2022-5-23
Use props
HotFire35706
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_ZKpmPElM4xjJ Posted at 5-23 16:06
I am having the same issue.  I have a Mini SE that was working fine, but now I get a black screen (no camera view at all when using DJI Fly app).  The camera does take pictures and video, though, so I know it's not hardware related.  If I use the Aloft app, the camera is visible.  So, this tells me something is definitely wrong with the DJI Fly app.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app 3 times now.  I cleared all cache, etc. I've restarted my phone. I've tried changing the order on whether I power on the drone or the controller.  Nothing has helped.  It worked fine for the first week.  What's going on??
They couldnt give me any answers!  They just said they would file a case and pay to send it back and send a new one.  I told them to just refund me.  
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HotFire35706 Posted at 5-23 04:04
I am using a Samsung S21 Ultra.  Was working perfect before.  Now nothing!

Hi there HotFire35706. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-5-24
Use props
mini213462
New
United Kingdom

It's some issue with the 1.6.1 version of the app (and maybe 1.6).
I just got the SE too and had the same issue on Samsung S21 (not Ultra).
I downgraded to 1.5 version of the app and it works fine. (try on apkmirror). Just uninstall the latest version and install 1.5.10

for DJI team: you have a bug with Samsung Galaxy S21 series (and maybe others) with 1.6.1 with no live video feed. Not a great first start with a new product.
2022-5-25
Use props
resolaru
New
United States

mini213462 Posted at 5-25 00:14
It's some issue with the 1.6.1 version of the app (and maybe 1.6).
I just got the SE too and had the same issue on Samsung S21 (not Ultra).
I downgraded to 1.5 version of the app and it works fine. (try on apkmirror). Just uninstall the latest version and install 1.5.10

I actually figured this out right after I posted my issue.  So mini213462, you are correct.  Downgrading to version 1.5 is what fixed mine.  I do have a Samsung S21 also.  So this only affects users with a regular S21 phone? Hopefully this helps anyone else who has the issue.  Thank you!
2022-5-26
Use props
HotFire35706
lvl.1

United States

resolaru Posted at 5-26 10:39
I actually figured this out right after I posted my issue.  So mini213462, you are correct.  Downgrading to version 1.5 is what fixed mine.  I do have a Samsung S21 also.  So this only affects users with a regular S21 phone? Hopefully this helps anyone else who has the issue.  Thank you!

Ok!  So I question why it was working before when I first got it.  I updated everything before its first flight and everything worked perfect.  Nothing was changed and no other updates were downloaded, so I don't know why it would have just stopped working.    This is what current update has been on it since I received the drone and it shows no other updates are needed.  So since DJI is sending me a new drone, is the 01.00.01.26 version not going to work on the replacement one either?  Or is there another version number that I'm not seeing.  I'm so lost on what I will need to do.  I still have the old drone setting here.  I have no idea how to downgrade to a different version to even see if that's my problem.
2022-5-26
Use props
mini213462
New

I can't link you, but if you go to apkmirror website, and search for DJI fly, you can download the app version 1.5 and try that. Just uninstall this 1.6.1 and install the 1.5 APK file on your phone.
I very much doubt it's a drone issue but please let us know if it is.
2022-5-27
Use props
djiuser_0Cs4DQjLkcvw
New

Pakistan

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. I think I'll pass with him this time around. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here teatimeresults.co
2022-5-27
Use props
HotFire35706
lvl.1

United States

So I ended up uninstalling the DJI Fly app and reinstalled it.  However, this time when I went to check for updates, I only updated the FlySafe Database but did not update the App Version.  Upon powering on the RC and the drone, like magic, I once again had live video coming from the gimbal.  In researching the replies from all of you, as it shows in the attached picture, I left the app version at 1.5.1 and did not update it to what I am assuming is 1.6.1 which I had before.  I don't know for sure that this was the problem, but it's quite ironic that it worked once again after DJI told me there was no issues with the update versions.  Either way, I sent the drone back and I'm waiting for the brand new one they promised to ship out.  
2022-5-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_0Cs4DQjLkcvw Posted at 5-27 13:44
Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. I think I'll pass with him this time around. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here teatimeresults.co

"I haven't quite mastered the search function on here."

Search function, isn't & doesn't.  
2022-5-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HotFire35706 Posted at 5-28 09:06
So I ended up uninstalling the DJI Fly app and reinstalled it.  However, this time when I went to check for updates,[view_image] I only updated the FlySafe Database but did not update the App Version.  Upon powering on the RC and the drone, like magic, I once again had live video coming from the gimbal.  In researching the replies from all of you, as it shows in the attached picture, I left the app version at 1.5.1 and did not update it to what I am assuming is 1.6.1 which I had before.  I don't know for sure that this was the problem, but it's quite ironic that it worked once again after DJI told me there was no issues with the update versions.  Either way, I sent the drone back and I'm waiting for the brand new one they promised to ship out.

Congrats!
You are now a successful member of Beta Testers Club.  
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_uANeziTCFxSC
lvl.1
Brazil

Boa noite, efetuei o teste com o app DJI FLY na versão 1.6 no meu celular Samsung S21, a tela nao mostra a camera, sendo que a mesma fica escura, já na versão 1.5, funciona normalmente, realmente é problemas na versão 1.6.
2022-5-29
Use props
HotFire35706
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_uANeziTCFxSC Posted at 5-29 17:25
Boa noite, efetuei o teste com o app DJI FLY na versão 1.6 no meu celular Samsung S21, a tela nao mostra a camera, sendo que a mesma fica escura, já na versão 1.5, funciona normalmente, realmente é problemas na versão 1.6.

I have no idea what you said.  
2022-5-29
Use props
Cesar Ferreira
lvl.1
Brazil

Good night, I tested it with the DJI FLY app in version 1.6 on my Samsung S21 phone, the screen does not show the camera, and it is dark, already in version 1.5, it works normally, it really is problems in version 1.6.
2022-5-30
Use props
Arcticu
lvl.1
Canada

I was just about to create a new thread now that I found the 'Mini SE' section on this forum. It's hard navigating these forums when things don't link to their proper products. Its difficult on a phone app, slightly easier on a PC.

My specs:
- DJI Fly app 1.6.1 (1025-Official)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- Android 12- Problem: No Live feed; Black screen, yet still able to take pictures.

My DJI Mini SE can take pictures, it can technically see, I however see a dark screen. I at first had error 30064; I skipped the tutorial.... Everything didn't play nicely, once I brute forced everything I was able to get to where I was needed. I'm however still stuck on a black screen while still being able to visually fly and snap pictures with ease. I can fly the drone while blindly taking pictures. DJI Mini SE can easily take pictures, you however can't see a live feed. Just a black screen. This product was a recent purchase over Amazon having arrived just a few days ago (or a week); Straight out of the box waiting on both a day off and a fair day to fly it, being today.

I wish we had another 'Tello FPV' app instead. Maybe there is one, the product is however still fresh still not having one, or I have yet to find one properly documented somewhere. I'll consider looking into the APKmirror place which was mentioned a few times. I've spent a few hours Googling finding out DJI has to get their act together to make their apps work with Android 12 firmwares, to fix their Samsung compatibility, etc. I've seen threads dated back to 2021 (maybe even earlier than that into 2018).
I have a trip coming up mid-July really needing this drone for that. Please let me have a proper fix before then. When worse comes to worse I'll try downgrading.

2022-5-30
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

HotFire35706 Posted at 5-29 17:40
I have no idea what you said.

He said:

Good evening, I tested it with the DJI FLY app in version 1.6 on my Samsung S21 phone, the screen does not show the camera, and it gets dark, already in version 1.5, it works normally, it really is problems in version 1.6.
2022-5-30
Use props
HotFire35706
lvl.1

United States

So is this strictly an issue with the 1.6 version or is this just a problem with the Android S21 phones?  I'll be upgrading to a new phone this summer and wonder if I should not download the 1.6 version.  
2022-5-30
Use props
Arcticu
lvl.1
Canada

HotFire35706 Posted at 5-30 16:57
So is this strictly an issue with the 1.6 version or is this just a problem with the Android S21 phones?  I'll be upgrading to a new phone this summer and wonder if I should not download the 1.6 version.

Seems to be both. Samsung and Android 12 related, though more relating to Android 12 than anything and how the application can't play fair with it. Those that have Android 11 fair MUCH better, or so researched so the DJI Fly app ruined something horrible. DJI should know for sure, as should Samsung. The more complaints the more pressured they should be in fixing this. We spent $700+ on these drones so they should work.

The sooner we get a hotfix the better.
2022-5-30
Use props
Arcticu
lvl.1
Canada

Sorry if I'm a bit obnoxious. I tried being as detailed as possible. Came to post that I can now see the screen (the live feed) in the latest update.

V1.6.4 (1635-official) allowed things to work.

I can't confirm the nitty gritty, just that once i downloaded the update everything works for my Samsung Galaxy s21 Fe. Thanks for the update. It appears my choice to wait it out was the right call. I can now praise DJI for this fix. Many thanks.

It may have been a simple reboot, though the update fixed everything.
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules