Tilt Axis Motor Jerky and Unstable (Broken?)
2790 9 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0c5f3bcd
lvl.1

United States

My ronin RS 2's tilt axis is not working well at all. I'm not sure if it is weight (although my camera and lens does not go past the weight limit) or something else. The gimbal is perfectly balanced when this happens but my tilt axis will jerk around sporadically while I use the gimbal. It happens randomly.

I've included a video of the issue below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gqrZ99b3hMiLj2YDe-R6EmBSwb9Kmgxg/view?usp=sharing
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Please rest assured. We will confirm with the engineer and reply to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Please confirm the situation after pitch adjustment.

And you can also double-check the whether RS 2 is completely balanced:
Method 1. The most accurate judgment method;
Connect to the mobile device, launch the Ronin APP, find the "motor parameters" setting, click "more parameters", and check the power values of the pan axis, pitch axis, and roll axis. After the Auto Tune is completed, the smaller the power value, the better the balance status. If it exceeds ±5, it is recommended that you can re-adjust the mechanical balance before performing Auto Tune .
Before Auto Tune or after the mechanical balance is adjusted, it is recommended that the power values of the pan axis, pitch axis, and roll axis are all within ±5 before performing Auto Tune.
Method 2: The most commonly used method;
Connect to the mobile device, launch the Ronin APP,  find the "balance adjustment" setting, tilt the gimbal according to the APP icon (the tilt angle must be greater than 15°, the APP interface prompts the current tilt angle), click "start detection" to check the balance detection result .
Notice:
1) Ronin-SC recommends that the tilt angle of the gimbal is about 30°

If you still have problems, please send us the video.
Thank you again for your support.
2022-5-22
Use props
fans0c5f3bcd
lvl.1

United States

Hi thank you for responding so quickly! I tried what you recommended and the problem still persists. I've included video and pictures of the issue.

Ronin Tilt Jerk

Screen Recording of Motor Info

2022-5-23
Use props
fans0c5f3bcd
lvl.1

United States

I don't think the links were included in my previous post so here they are.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17VRt9gYwV4S6sfbY_C1QzsJPJhAd-oPm/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KIlMQqIEYChg4gvSdUrHDIWTDk_UXL7E/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rRSaukoI1Ll_wstuIFxVR5xaorEUh_JB/view?usp=sharing
2022-5-23
Use props
fans0c5f3bcd
lvl.1

United States

Also just to clarify I have balanced the gimbal mechanically as close to perfect as humanely possible and the problem still persists
2022-5-23
Use props
fans0c5f3bcd
lvl.1

United States

Hi I’m just checking in again to see if you have any more guidance on what next steps I can take. If I need to get the gimbal repaired I would like to get that process started as I need this equipment for my work. Please lmk what I can do ASAP
2022-5-26
Use props
djiuser_TyOT49cMlqsi
New

Netherlands

I am facing same issue
Have done all the necessary adjustments and changes but problem still there.
Also don’t have official repair or service centre near me
Please suggest what to do as my work is suffering.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_TyOT49cMlqsi
New

Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-5-22 23:18
Hello, there. Please confirm the situation after pitch adjustment.

And you can also double-check the whether RS 2 is completely balanced:

Have done all the changes but problem is still there
App shows all balance and adjustments excellent but still camera gives jerk
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_TyOT49cMlqsi Posted at 11-20 04:10
Have done all the changes but problem is still there
App shows all balance and adjustments excellent but still camera gives jerk

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific camera and Ronin handheld stabilizer are you using? Please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Thank you.
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules