DJI RC - When it will be compatible with the DJI Air 2s?
33746 337 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4882769 ft
United States

DJI has announced that the Air 2s and the new Mavic 3 Classic will be able to use the RC, and the M3c will release the 27th of this month. When the update is released by the 27th, the A2s will be compatible. There's even a new A2s combo with the RC.
2022-10-16
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

TMA-1 Posted at 10-16 09:37
I am seeing more and more “confirmations “, albeit cautious affirmations, by various internet sites. Still no official real announcement from DJI of RC support of our Air2s.

At least there is still time left in the month of October, to make the RC/ Air2s compatibility projection happen.

And there's nothing backwards compatible to work out with the Air 2s, it uses the same transmission system as the mini 3. O3 carries the transmission link for video and control.
2022-10-16
Use props
fansc8d8edda
lvl.4
United States

I have it in my cart and I am ready to press the button.....just as soon as I see the update available from DJI.
2022-10-16
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8068 ft
United States

Mad_Hatter80 Posted at 10-16 10:23
DJI has announced that the Air 2s and the new Mavic 3 Classic will be able to use the RC, and the M3c will release the 27th of this month. When the update is released by the 27th, the A2s will be compatible. There's even a new A2s combo with the RC.

Hello!

Where did you see DJI’s official announcements?

Since April, I have carefully scanned DJI’s online “Official Website” (as they suggest in their asterisked comments regarding the future compatibility, in the future, of other DJI drones) and their online store, probably 3 times a day, carefully searching for any crumb of a clue whether or not the RC would ultimately support the Air2s.  Presumably, as they relate, official announcement of the hoped for RC/Air2s compatibility would appear there. I have not yet seen that.

For months however, there have been “confirmations” from “DJI leakers”.
2022-10-16
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

TMA-1 Posted at 10-16 11:25
Hello!

Where did you see DJI’s official announcements?
A month after the RC Pro was compatible with the Mini 3, it was still not listed as compatible on DJIs website, the site may not even be updated now. DJI is not the best at keeping their website up to date. As far as A2s and RC compatibility, leakers have already shared photos of the new Air 2s/ RC combo package, not once have they ever been wrong (they probably work for DJI). Online chat reps from DJI are now saying that it is happening this month. If you're waiting for something "official" from DJI, you're gonna be waiting while the rest of us are actually using it.
Screenshot_20221016-203502_Chrome.jpg
2022-10-16
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

I'm pretty sure this is a real photo. If you look in the bottom corner you see "fly more combo" and "DJI RC". No other drones has this controller with a fly more combo. Plus, when has Deals drone or osita leaked something that was fake?
20221016_181823.jpg
2022-10-16
Use props
fansc8d8edda
lvl.4
United States

I'm on you side. I hope you are right. Sooner the better!
2022-10-16
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

Mad_Hatter80 Posted at 10-16 14:10
A month after the RC Pro was compatible with the Mini 3, it was still not listed as compatible on DJIs website, the site may not even be updated now. DJI is not the best at keeping their website up to date. As far as A2s and RC compatibility, leakers have already shared photos of the new Air 2s/ RC combo package, not once have they ever been wrong (they probably work for DJI). Online chat reps from DJI are now saying that it is happening this month. If you're waiting for something "official" from DJI, you're gonna be waiting while the rest of us are actually using it.

Good point! I hadn’t realized that the Mini 3 had not been included in the RC Pro supported list. But, knowing that I wasn’t interested in purchasing the Pro, I never looked at its latest specs.

Not bothering to include the Mini 3, in the supported list, does help to suggest who DJI sees as the principal buyer of the Pro.

Anyway, my essential point about the DJI “insiders” is that I would not put a lot of stock into what they claim. Virtually anyone can make a common sense guess about upcoming products and sound like they are in the know. Sooner or later they might be proved correct.

Some insiders have been saying for months that the SKU for the Air2s Combo was eliminated in favor of a new one that includes the RC. But it didn’t happen. That’s not saying that it couldn’t happen, but that prediction could be made by many of us who believed that RC support of the Air2s was on the horizon.

The reality is, only DJI can provide the firmware updates if ever, when, and where they choose.
2022-10-17
Use props
Serge Dussault
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275928 ft
Canada

DJI to make its RC remote controller compatible with the Air 2S

ttps://www.dpreview.com/news/6095908380/dji-to-make-its-rc-remote-controller-compatible-with-the-air-2s
2022-10-17
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Serge Dussault Posted at 10-17 09:08
DJI to make its RC remote controller compatible with the Air 2S

Great find!!

Although, it’s interesting DPreview are basing an article on a conversation. Fingers crossed!!
Also here is the link again. The other one missed the “h”

https://www.dpreview.com/news/6095908380/dji-to-make-its-rc-remote-controller-compatible-with-the-air-2s
This is also a translation of the conversation DPreview are basing this article on.

IMG_4603.jpg

Original

IMG_4602.jpg
2022-10-17
Use props
MakCharChar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 907621 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder if the Air 2S will get quick transfer mode too?
2022-10-17
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

We’ll there certainly is a lot of positive chatter about RC support of the Air2s. Fingers crossed that it will happen. But not a single one of these reports are citing reputable DJI spokespersons, nor are they able to quote actual press releases.

Sorry for my cynicism. I’ve been down this road before.
2022-10-18
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

if you wait for DJI to say that the air2s are going to have official support, you can sit back, they have never done it, what we have is a chat with customer service confirming it, and a photo of a pack that would be about to to go on sale, if they haven't even made a presentation of the mavic 3 classic, they're going to do it for a firmware update.
2022-10-18
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

TMA-1 Posted at 10-18 03:19
We’ll there certainly is a lot of positive chatter about RC support of the Air2s. Fingers crossed that it will happen. But not a single one of these reports are citing reputable DJI spokespersons, nor are they able to quote actual press releases.

You will just see the firmware update no need to announce.
2022-10-18
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, it will just be at most listed in the RC update announcement.
Along the lines of:

What's new:
Added support for Air 2s (must be updated to latest firmware version)
Stability improvements.
Fly safe database updates
2022-10-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Wrong thread.
2022-10-18
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

TMA-1 Posted at 10-18 03:19

Actually the screenshot shared is from an "official" customer support chat. Also the box shown with the Air 2s and RC is a real photo of a real box. Also as others have stated, DJI isn't gonna release anything "official" announcing updates, they just happen. DJI only makes official announcements for new products. Again, name one single time any of those leakers have been wrong. At this point it's pretty much 99.999% gonna happen. October 27th is more than likely the day it happens, but could be before. If you're waiting for DJI to give an official announcement on a update, you're gonna be let down.
2022-10-18
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Mad_Hatter80 Posted at 10-18 17:03
Actually the screenshot shared is from an "official" customer support chat. Also the box shown with the Air 2s and RC is a real photo of a real box. Also as others have stated, DJI isn't gonna release anything "official" announcing updates, they just happen. DJI only makes official announcements for new products. Again, name one single time any of those leakers have been wrong. At this point it's pretty much 99.999% gonna happen. October 27th is more than likely the day it happens, but could be before. If you're waiting for DJI to give an official announcement on a update, you're gonna be let down.

There’s also no patten to their firmware releases.
Could be today or tomorrow…

On firmware update for the Mini 3 Pro was covered by the user base and wasn’t acknowledged until a few days later.

Fingers crossed everyone!!
2022-10-18
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-10-20
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

The most encouraging item I have seen yet: go to the DJI online store and look up the Air2s. Then click on the “compare options “ link.

The RC appears in both the stand alone Air2s set, and the combo. It shows the RC, but does not show that is is available yet. It suggests that they are preparing to offer the RC with the Air2s. This is the most authentic affirmation, by DJI, that I have seen!
2022-10-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

TMA-1 Posted at 10-20 08:41
The most encouraging item I have seen yet: go to the DJI online store and look up the Air2s. Then click on the “compare options “ link.

The RC appears in both the stand alone Air2s set, and the combo. It shows the RC, but does not show that is is available yet. It suggests that they are preparing to offer the RC with the Air2s. This is the most authentic affirmation, by DJI, that I have seen!

agreed, i think that is a pretty solid indicator
2022-10-20
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The most encouraging item I have seen yet: go to the DJI online store and look up the Air2s. Then click on the “compare options “ link.

Do you mean this photo?

2022-10-20
Use props
Kessler
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The most encouraging item I have seen yet: go to the DJI online store and look up the Air2s. Then click on the “compare options “ link.

Finally some solid proof from DJI, thanks - peace of mind for me as I just bought the RC in preparation. Couldn't help breaking the seal and unpacked it
Looks like such a great unit, can't wait to use it
2022-10-20
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

Yep! This is more along the lines of what I expected to see about the RC from DJI.

Geez, if they had even done something like this back in the summer we all would have been more assured of the game plan.

NOW I would say the firmware will be here in a couple of days.
2022-10-20
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TMA-1 Posted at 10-20 14:38
Yep! This is more along the lines of what I expected to see about the RC from DJI.

Geez, if they had even done something like this back in the summer we all would have been more assured of the game plan.

I hope it's Soon

It's been many "couple of days"
2022-10-20
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kessler Posted at 10-20 13:41
Finally some solid proof from DJI, thanks - peace of mind for me as I just bought the RC in preparation. Couldn't help breaking the seal and unpacked it
Looks like such a great unit, can't wait to use it

Same, it's just sitting and waiting for the update.
Got RC pro for the m3 and after using it for a week I was 100% decided for air 2s to get the RC when it became compatible.
2022-10-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Viridis Posted at 10-20 16:53
Got RC pro for the m3 and after using it for a week I was 100% decided for air 2s to get the RC when it became compatible.

doesnt the rcpro work with the a2s?
2022-10-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-20 17:15
doesnt the rcpro work with the a2s?

Mine does!
2022-10-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Viridis Posted at 10-20 16:53

If you have a RC Pro and a Mavic 3, the RC Pro already works with the Air 2S.,
2022-10-20
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-20 17:18
If you have a RC Pro and a Mavic 3, the RC P{{ro already works with the Air 2S.,
Yeah but want one for each.
Just easier to grab a bag and know there's a controller ready to go in it.
Plus, the battery life of 2 Vs 1
2022-10-21
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

Mini-G Posted at 10-20 14:59
I hope it's Soon

It's been many "couple of days"

Unfortunately that’s very true, but including the RC as a potential offering, in the combo kit, is a fairly new development.

Now DJI is starting to actually get its ducks in a row for new firmware, and what that update will mean for its sales.
2022-10-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Viridis Posted at 10-21 01:51
Yeah but want one for each.

Understand. Yes it does work with both, and the Mini 3
2022-10-21
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Viridis Posted at 10-21 01:51
Yeah but want one for each.

I can relate to this!
There have been a few times I’ve left my camera L-plate in the “other” bag.
2022-10-21
Use props
fanscc403e87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225807 ft
Philippines

Just joining this waiting party. ello all. Just got the RC in preparation for the alleged Oct 27 event where hopefully a firmware update will allow me to use my Air2s with the RC. Excited and hopeful, going to a private island resort in Nov so fingers XED

2022-10-24
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

fanscc403e87 Posted at 10-24 08:57
Just joining this waiting party. ello all. Just got the RC in preparation for the alleged Oct 27 event where hopefully a firmware update will allow me to use my Air2s with the RC. Excited and hopeful, going to a private island resort in Nov so fingers XED

Lol. It's definitely been one heck of a wait. Once it's updated and compatible, not gonna a chat to check up on daily, gonna miss it kinda. But I'm with you, fingers crossed.
2022-10-24
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

i will miss you guys XD
2022-10-24
Use props
JZXchaser
lvl.2
New Zealand

yea i have been refreshing this page everyday for months haha
2022-10-24
Use props
Qll
lvl.1

Estonia

do you think the dji reps go through this thread thinking what a bunch of nerds...
2022-10-24
Use props
fans210d77f9
lvl.1

Brazil

Olá a todos
Entro todos os dias aqui também ansioso  
2022-10-24
Use props
John Bungay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113501 ft
Poland

Same here, been refreshing this page everyday reading comments and waiting for updates.
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules