DJI RC - When it will be compatible with the DJI Air 2s?
33587 337 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

TMA-1 Posted at 9-12 03:07
More and more I am believing that the RC lacks certain elements that the RC Pro has, that would allow the RC to support older drones like the air2s.

I do not agree. The Air 2s can be controlled by the RC-N1, the most basic controller DJI provides for this class of drones. The same controller can be used for the Mini 3. The RC-N1 was delivered with the Mini 2, one year before the release of the Air 2s. I assume the RC is just a "standalone" version of the RC-N, with an embedded display and able to support O3. I think there is no technical reasons that prevent the RC to work with the Air 2s, it's just matter of keep calm and wait until DJI completes its release cycle. They probably have other priorities (to stabilise the support of the Mini 3 and of the Mavic 3) and then the Air 2s will be added.
2022-9-12
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8068 ft
United States

I hope you are right. I would have agreed with you 100% a month ago.  I suspect, however, that a new version of the RC will appear next year that corrects certain unexpected  flaws in the current one.
2022-9-12
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4882769 ft
United States

TMA-1 Posted at 9-12 03:07
More and more I am believing that the RC lacks certain elements that the RC Pro has, that would allow the RC to support older drones like the air2s.

Remember, the Air 2s uses Occu3, same as mini 3. Plus, the A2s is not that old.
2022-9-12
Use props
JZXchaser
lvl.2
New Zealand

Seem like its not going happen really.
Now to decide whether to sell my RC or buy a mini 3.....
2022-9-15
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

I predict that DJI will release the REAL controller (let’s call it “RC”) next year, and it will:

1. Appear in March/April
2. Have external antennas
3. Will support most of the DJI active consumer drones on day one of its release
4. Will cost more than $309
2022-9-15
Use props
sem2022
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29698 ft

Norway

New Dji RC firmware released (v01.01.0450) and installed on my controller. Only reported changes by Dji before install was stability and bug improvements. No Air 2S support so far.
2022-9-16
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sem2022 Posted at 9-16 05:41
New Dji RC firmware released (v01.01.0450) and installed on my controller. Only reported changes by Dji before install was stability and bug improvements. No Air 2S support so far.

That’s great news! Thanks for the heads up!
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV
lvl.3

Spain

I wolud like suport air 2s in this rc
2022-9-16
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

Mini-G Posted at 9-16 06:33
That’s great news! Thanks for the heads up!

I seen this as well and was very excited for the first few moments, until I seen it was just a "fix" update. However, it does give a little hope that they are maybe fixing some issues and will then add support for more models. Fingers crossed.
2022-9-17
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

I hope for all concerned and interested that the Air2s support comes to the RC.

It just tasks my mind why DJI would release a stand alone controller that supports so little at time of release. I would guess that Mavic 3 buyers would go for the RC Pro, and many Mini 3 buyers may already be getting the RC in a combo package.

Without any of the other DJI aircraft supported by the RC, at least yet, sales of the stand alone RC must be quite limited!
2022-9-21
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

Esperando soporte del RC para el AIR 2S, Dji se hace de rogar, ya somos muchos los que esperamos esta actualización, y ambos aparatos son compatibles OcuSync 3.0.
Dji ya debería haberlos echo compatibles, esto es decepcionante para todos los usuarios.
2022-9-21
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Its coming very very soon
2022-9-21
Use props
JZXchaser
lvl.2
New Zealand

Roberto Piko Posted at 9-21 11:04
Esperando soporte del RC para el AIR 2S, Dji se hace de rogar, ya somos muchos los que esperamos esta actualización, y ambos aparatos son compatibles OcuSync 3.0.
Dji ya debería haberlos echo compatibles, esto es decepcionante para todos los usuarios.

i agree! there's no reason for it not to be compatible by now.
They are probably gonna drop a new air version and make it compatible with that instead.
2022-9-21
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

Niknik Posted at 9-21 11:19
Its coming very very soon

You really think so? I'm starting to lose hope.
2022-9-22
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Spain

Mad_Hatter80 Posted at 9-22 17:25
You really think so? I'm starting to lose hope.

Yo pienso lo mismo
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_jZElbzvkKfnV
lvl.3

Spain

Paciencia, en la web de este producto dji dice que ampliara el soporte
2022-9-24
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

DJI needs to be more definitive in their public communications, if indeed the DJI RC is a quality device that is ultimately intended for many aircraft.

Instead of simply saying that the RC will be able to work with other aircraft someday, they need to say something like, “The DJI RC will eventually be able to control all DJI aircraft released in the last 2 years, and all new aircraft that come to market in the DJI consumer drone world. We hope to have current drones supported by the RC in October”. Or words to that effect.

The vague language used to date has many folks frustrated, skeptical, and in some cases possibly misled.
2022-9-24
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Spain

TMA-1 Posted at 9-24 05:47
DJI needs to be more definitive in their public communications, if indeed the DJI RC is a quality device that is ultimately intended for many aircraft.

Instead of simply saying that the RC will be able to work with other aircraft someday, they need to say something like, “The DJI RC will eventually be able to control all DJI aircraft released in the last 2 years, and all new aircraft that come to market in the DJI consumer drone world. We hope to have current drones supported by the RC in October”. Or words to that effect.

Exactamente, a Dji le falta un poco el pensar en los usuarios y decir las cosas algo más claras.
Hay gente que ya adquirió el RC; y si al final no lo hacen compatible, ya serán clientes insatisfechos y más sabiendo que su dron y el mando llevan la misma tecnología.
2022-9-24
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

If there are individuals who purchased the RC solely for the potential to control the Air2s, or any other drone that is not yet supported by the RC, I would suggest they return the controller, until, if and when, DJI declares that the RC will operate their drone, and then repurchase the RC.

Plus I see, as I write this, that Amazon has $291.69 on the RC. Hmm, is that some kind of sign?
2022-9-24
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TMA-1 Posted at 9-24 12:35
If there are individuals who purchased the RC solely for the potential to control the Air2s, or any other drone that is not yet supported by the RC, I would suggest they return the controller, until, if and when, DJI declares that the RC will operate their drone, and then repurchase the RC.

Plus I see, as I write this, that Amazon has $291.69 on the RC. Hmm, is that some kind of sign?

We’re still waiting!

It’s great Controller but the problem is DJI…
2022-9-24
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

I really wish another drone company would compete with DJI toe-to-toe. They need to fear losing a large portion of their customer base, then I think they would improve on their customer relations. Right now they know they control the drone market, so they could care less about what customers want.
2022-9-25
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

Mini-G Posted at 9-24 20:25
We’re still waiting!

It’s great Controller but the problem is DJI…

The DJI RC appears to be potentially, as you say, a “great controller”. I wouldn’t be discussing this at all if I also didn’t  think that might be possible.

But DJI has been so tight- lipped about it’s plans for the RC, I have reservations about purchasing it until more information is released. Plus, purchasing the RC before I could actually use it with my Air2s, would be starting the warranty clock prematurely.
2022-9-25
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

Mad_Hatter80 Posted at 9-25 01:04
I really wish another drone company would compete with DJI toe-to-toe. They need to fear losing a large portion of their customer base, then I think they would improve on their customer relations. Right now they know they control the drone market, so they could care less about what customers want.

Well, I think, despite not having a competitive equal rival in the drone market place, DJI has been remarkably consistent in producing solid, reliable products, all on the cusp of the most advanced technology. And from what I’ve seen from others, they have been largely supportive of their customers.

But their promotional presentation of the RC, a controller touted to be ideal for many aircraft, has been astonishingly vague, with no direction as to what DJI models the RC will support, and what timeframe they are attempting to follow towards bringing more aircraft onboard.

It’s very odd, and hints, to me, that either DJI is encountering unforeseen issues with the RC, and/or they were very premature with bringing this controller to market.

I also wanted to say that the DJI RC- and the RC Pro, both represent a bit of a landmark drone-related product. These products are not just the latest versions of items that have come before. These 2 represent the first opportunity to employ controllers that allow for in flight telemetry and real time drone’s eye views, all without the inconvenience of having to connect a smartphone to the base controller.

That’s pretty marvelous technology, and is it any wonder that so many of us want to bring such a device to our flying experience. It’s all why we are anxious to employ such a device, and why it’s particularly frustrating not to find out if we can, for sure, be able to use the DJI RC with our own aircraft soon!
2022-9-25
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TMA-1 Posted at 9-25 04:35
Well, I think, despite not having a competitive equal rival in the drone market place, DJI has been remarkably consistent in producing solid, reliable products, all on the cusp of the most advanced technology. And from what I’ve seen from others, they have been largely supportive of their customers.

But their promotional presentation of the RC, a controller touted to be ideal for many aircraft, has been astonishingly vague, with no direction as to what DJI models the RC will support, and what timeframe they are attempting to follow towards bringing more aircraft onboard.

You’re right about not having a formidable rival!!
Part of me thinks this why they’re not rushing out to make this compatibility happen.
Also they have so many other income streams right now that its not a priority for them…
2022-9-25
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Has DJI ever stated that the RC would be made compatible with the Air 2S? I'm not keeping up with all the details on this.
2022-9-25
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

sduck Posted at 9-25 13:19
Has DJI ever stated that the RC would be made compatible with the Air 2S? I'm not keeping up with all the details on this.

To my knowledge there has been no official word that the RC would ever be compatible with the Air2s. That is largely the core of what has many of us frustrated- there has been nothing but the promise that the controller will one day support other DJI drones.
2022-9-25
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

The only thing that supports the “possibility” of  compatibility with other drones is this:

Looking at it now, I’m not sure anymore?
2022-9-25
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

TMA-1 Posted at 9-25 15:19
To my knowledge there has been no official word that the RC would ever be compatible with the Air2s. That is largely the core of what has many of us frustrated- there has been nothing but the promise that the controller will one day support other DJI drones.

I haven't seen anything official, but frustrating to me is I've seen threads where DJI mods or whatever you call them have said that the Air 2s would be compatible at a later date. Also leakers that have been spot on for everything else have claimed it will be the next drone in line to get compatibility. But I agree that something must have happened or either it's so low priced that they aren't concerned right now. I do plan on keeping the rc though cause I'm sure that in the future I will buy a new drone that will be compatible.
2022-9-26
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

Another thing that frustrates me is that right after purchasing my Air 2s, the combo with the RC Pro was released for only $200 more.
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_3Us9h5g5HpTQ
lvl.2
Spain

Is there no one in this forum close to dji who can give us some kind of truthful information?  I am also waiting for it to be compatible, what I am sure of is that I will not buy it until it is
2022-9-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_3Us9h5g5HpTQ Posted at 9-26 01:23
Is there no one in this forum close to dji who can give us some kind of truthful information?  I am also waiting for it to be compatible, what I am sure of is that I will not buy it until it is

Hi all,

The DJI people stopped commenting months ago .
Please comment and keep this discussion noticed!
I’m still hopeful, someday, one day...
2022-9-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-22 23:39
Hello there Mini-G. Good day and thank you for creating this post. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the DJI RC and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

Any chance this will happen?
2022-9-26
Use props
FCD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660879 ft
Spain

Llevamos meses esperando que el Rc sea co.patible con el Air 2s. Por favor háganlo compatible.
2022-9-26
Use props
tman100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156529 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

COME ON DJI
I have my RC remote control already waiting for the Air 2S compatabily update. Its just sitting there waiting

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do the right thing  

A loyal DJI customer (at the moment )
2022-9-26
Use props
garimba
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21965 ft
Spain

Lo peor de todo ya no es que lo hagan o no lo hagan compatible prácticamente eso queda en segundo plano lo que es indignante es la posición que toma  DJI con sus clientes el silencio sepulcral que tiene con respecto al mando RC y la compatibilidad  con el Air 2 S. No son capaces de decir si lo va a ser o no? Tan difícil es decirlo ? Tan difícil es decir estamos trabajando en ello o por el contrario descartamos hacerlo compatible. Me parece vergonzoso el trato que recibimos por su parte a estas alturas pues no es un producto que acabe de salir. Lo dicho una falta de consideración por parte de @DJI
2022-9-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

garimba Posted at 9-26 08:38
Lo peor de todo ya no es que lo hagan o no lo hagan compatible prácticamente eso queda en segundo plano lo que es indignante es la posición que toma  DJI con sus clientes el silencio sepulcral que tiene con respecto al mando RC y la compatibilidad  con el Air 2 S. No son capaces de decir si lo va a ser o no? Tan difícil es decirlo ? Tan difícil es decir estamos trabajando en ello o por el contrario descartamos hacerlo compatible. Me parece vergonzoso el trato que recibimos por su parte a estas alturas pues no es un producto que acabe de salir. Lo dicho una falta de consideración por parte de @DJI

I agree! It would be great to be told if it’s happening or not.
2022-9-26
Use props
fansde77ca6d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275928 ft
Canada

Mini-G Posted at 9-26 09:24
I agree! It would be great to be told if it’s happening or not.

Je leur écris a tout les jours et je n'ai pas de réponse
2022-9-26
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

They have the worst customer relations. I've been into RC for just over 10 years, and of all the other companies I've purchased from, DJI is by far the worst when it comes to communications with their customers. DJI makes awesome products, but I hate how they seem to not care about what customers want.
2022-9-26
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

I was really hoping that the RC would be ready to support several aircraft, including the Air2s, on the day that DJI released the controller as a stand alone unit. I was disappointed when that didn’t happen.

If the RC could support the Air2s today, tomorrow, or within the next couple of weeks, I would likely still purchase it. But, I am not a cold weather flier. If the RC cannot support the Air2s shortly, then I would not make that purchase and have the RC sitting on my shelf, waiting for next spring.

By Springtime, I believe the RC, as we know it now, will be old news. At least when it comes to developing their products, DJI does pay attention to consumers. They are a quick learn in that area. I fully expect to see next year a new RC Pro with a bigger screen, and a DJI RC2 with a brighter screen, an HDMI output, and some kind of antenna “nubs”.

I feel certain that a self sufficient controller, with it’s own screen, and no need for a smartphone, or tablet, like the current RC Pro, and the RC, is the future going forward- it’s just too convenient . That will be the norm for most drone controllers now, except maybe for very small drones. I’m sure there will be some smartphone controllers made for those that prefer that, but those will become a dying breed.

So, I say the DJI RC would be great this year if it is made to support much more than it does now. But if the company does not do that this year, there will be much better to follow going forward going into next year.
2022-9-26
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansde77ca6d Posted at 9-26 11:17
Je leur écris a tout les jours et je n'ai pas de réponse

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Just keep writing
Copy and paste!