DJI RC - When it will be compatible with the DJI Air 2s?
33634 337 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charlinho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619094 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still patiently waiting for the remote to be compatible with the Air 2s...
I'm losing my mind
2022-9-26
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

another option is to do a change.org to see how many people are interested
2022-9-27
Use props
llbts1
lvl.4
United States

I don't know if this has been posted. I apologize if it has. It is dated July.

https://dronedj.com/2022/07/13/dji-air-2s-rc-bundle/
2022-9-27
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

llbts1 Posted at 9-27 18:46
I don't know if this has been posted. I apologize if it has. It is dated July.

https://dronedj.com/2022/07/13/dji-air-2s-rc-bundle/

I think it was unfounded speculation…
I wish
2022-9-27
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8068 ft
United States

Mini-G Posted at 9-27 23:50
I think it was unfounded speculation…
I wish

This is where DJI could curtail so many of the rumors that arrive due to speculators and influencers, by keeping customers and potential customers informed about tentative plans for their products. Especially products that are said will be able to used with other DJI  items one day.

Again, it was not a good idea releasing the RC, without some suggestion which drones would ultimately be supported, and what a tentative timeframe would be for those activations.
2022-9-28
Use props
Pasquale06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7008 ft
Italy

There are news RC compatibility Air 2S ?
2022-9-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

my new rc is for sale if anyone wants to get ahead of the potential compatibility:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=275878
2022-9-28
Use props
fans7b7b290c
New

United States

garimba Posted at 8-10 07:50
Waiting update for Air 2s
[view_image]

Same here, I am holding off on buying the Air 2S as my first DJI product.  If this never happens, I doubt that I will put any of my money toward a DJI product.  This is a clear indicator that DJI is not a customer-oriented company.
2022-9-28
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

fans7b7b290c Posted at 9-28 21:44
Same here, I am holding off on buying the Air 2S as my first DJI product.  If this never happens, I doubt that I will put any of my money toward a DJI product.  This is a clear indicator that DJI is not a customer-oriented company.

Well I would say don’t let DJI’s reluctance to communicate about its plans for the RC to spoil your purchasing the marvelous Air2s. This aircraft is amazing, and a joy to fly.

As disappointed as I am with DJI regarding this business over the RC, I don’t consider them deliberately anti customer.  They may have quite valid reasons for why the RC is nit yet supporting the Air2s, or any other DJI aircraft but the Mini 3 and Mavic 3. I criticize them for not openly keeping us informed regarding their intents for the RC, but I think that probably the decision of one person, or dept, it’s likely not the whole company being anti consumer.
2022-9-29
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4882769 ft
United States

TMA-1 Posted at 9-29 04:01
Well I would say don’t let DJI’s reluctance to communicate about its plans for the RC to spoil your purchasing the marvelous Air2s. This aircraft is amazing, and a joy to fly.

As disappointed as I am with DJI regarding this business over the RC, I don’t consider them deliberately anti customer.  They may have quite valid reasons for why the RC is nit yet supporting the Air2s, or any other DJI aircraft but the Mini 3 and Mavic 3. I criticize them for not openly keeping us informed regarding their intents for the RC, but I think that probably the decision of one person, or dept, it’s likely not the whole company being anti consumer.

Totally agree 100%.   I love my Air 2s, awesome drone. And with the RC, the silence is what's aggravating me.
2022-9-29
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

I was told by a rep that the more we contact the chat and ask for this request to be escalated the faster it will happen not sure if true but I been trying to contact chat atleast once a week and have the rep email engineering with our concerns. Maybe you guys can all do the same and create massive request.
2022-9-29
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

freshhhh Posted at 9-29 12:48
I was told by a rep that the more we contact the chat and ask for this request to be escalated the faster it will happen not sure if true but I been trying to contact chat atleast once a week and have the rep email engineering with our concerns. Maybe you guys can all do the same and create massive request.

It is clear that the more noise we make, the more they pay attention to us, I have already contacted the service several times, the last time they told me that they had no plans to make the rc compatible with the air 2s, but since each one tells you something different Well, I don't believe anything anymore.
2022-9-29
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 9-29 12:50
It is clear that the more noise we make, the more they pay attention to us, I have already contacted the service several times, the last time they told me that they had no plans to make the rc compatible with the air 2s, but since each one tells you something different Well, I don't believe anything anymore.

Definitely but like you said if all of us here make some noise atleast i feel like we would get a response at some point i doubt they would want to have their reps tied up answering the same question 10 times a day evrey day.
2022-9-29
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

I think a good idea would be to use Twitter among all of us, we will be heard much better there, surely the CM will make our requests known to someone who can do something
2022-9-29
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 9-29 12:59
I think a good idea would be to use Twitter among all of us, we will be heard much better there, surely the CM will make our requests known to someone who can do something
#djircair2s lets do it guys we can make some noise just posting here is not doing it.
2022-9-29
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

first tweet sent, to see how many people join the movement.
2022-9-29
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 9-29 13:11
first tweet sent, to see how many people join the movement.

Second tweet #djircair2s lets do it guys @DJIGlobal
@DJISupport
2022-9-29
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

Charlinho Posted at 9-26 18:41
Still patiently waiting for the remote to be compatible with the Air 2s...
I'm losing my mind

#djircair2s Dji RC Air2s compatibility! lets do it guys @DJIGlobal
@DJISupport please tweet
2022-9-29
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

Pasquale06 Posted at 9-28 14:10
There are news RC compatibility Air 2S ?

@DJISupport please tweet
2022-9-29
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

The dji CM is already aware of it and they have answered, they have said that they will forward the request to the corresponding department, also commenting that the dji rc pro is already compatible with the air 2s, at least they listen to us.
2022-9-29
Use props
tman100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156529 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Come on DJI  PLEASE sort this out for your loyal fanbase
2022-9-30
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 9-29 12:59

I agree. I was asking on lots of their Twitter post. I'm gonna "like" and comment on every post I see about this.
2022-9-30
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

Thank you for commenting and supporting this post!
4 months on, I was hoping the RC has had already added support to the Air2s.

It took 9 months for DJI to add support for the Air2s with the RC pro.
However that being said, the Mavic 3 was released in November 2021. Then on the 25th January 2022, the RC Pro became compatible with the Air 2s.
So it only really took them 2 months for compatibility.

Now it’s just a slap in the face for Air2s users as the RC supports the Mavic 3.
It’s not a hardware limitation…
2022-9-30
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

Apparently the dji CM has already passed the proposal to engineering, it's only a matter of time, everyone should support #djircair2s so they can see that there are many people requesting it.  I have also asked a famous YouTuber here in Spain to support it.
2022-9-30
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 9-30 05:26
Apparently the dji CM has already passed the proposal to engineering, it's only a matter of time, everyone should support #djircair2s so they can see that there are many people requesting it.  I have also asked a famous YouTuber here in Spain to support it.
Thank you i will also reach out to few other people not in the forum to post. If evreyone can do the same we can get this done faster.
2022-9-30
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

Mini-G Posted at 9-30 04:04
Hi all,

Thank you for commenting and supporting this post!

Here’s to hoping that all of this enthusiasm encourages DJI to give RC support to our baby Air2s.

If they can.

And that is what has concerned me from the beginning: is there something about DJI’s newest drones that make them compatible with an antenna-less RC that perhaps the Air2s, and it’s older siblings lack? That assertion would explain why the RC/ Air2s support has not been forthcoming to date. And perhaps why they have been reluctant to announce what the RC WILL support besides their latest aircraft.

We’ll like the rest of you, I’ll keep my fingers crossed, for awhile longer.
2022-9-30
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

TMA-1 Posted at 9-30 08:44
Here’s to hoping that all of this enthusiasm encourages DJI to give RC support to our baby Air2s.

If they can.

The RC actually has antennas. They're internal across the top of the controller. Also the Air 2s and Mini 3 both use Occusync3 for control system. So the Air 2s at least should be compatible. I personally think DJI have been busy on all the new releases but do plan on making it happen. I just wish they would communicate with customers better. Fingers crossed
2022-9-30
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

Mad_Hatter80 Posted at 9-30 09:39
The RC actually has antennas. They're internal across the top of the controller. Also the Air 2s and Mini 3 both use Occusync3 for control system. So the Air 2s at least should be compatible. I personally think DJI have been busy on all the new releases but do plan on making it happen. I just wish they would communicate with customers better. Fingers crossed

Totalmente di acuerdo.
A Dji le falta claridad, nada les cuesta decir que si o que no, el tiempo en hacerlo, sería otra cosa, pero todos los usuarios sabrían a qué atenerse, y hacer sú compra del Mando RC antes o después, pensado en si fuera compatible. y además sería una venta controlada.
2022-9-30
Use props
garimba
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21965 ft
Spain

freshhhh Posted at 9-29 13:50
@DJISupport please tweet

Hecho
@DJISupport
2022-9-30
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-9-30
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

reposting this as apparently I edited it too much and the adminbot blocked it on my end - sorry if there's dupe post

It took 9 months for DJI to add support for the Air2s with the RC pro.

This is incorrect - it was more like 2 months, and DJI stated at the time the RC Pro was released (or very soon afterwards) that support for the Air 2S would be coming soon. I bought the RC Pro immediately after DJI made their statement about Air 2S support, and I did not have to wait very long for them to make it happen.

Details - I ordered it on December 21st, 2021, received it January 3rd 2022, and first used it with the Air 2S on February 24th.   

In this case, with DJI never promising support for the Air 2S (with the RC non-pro), and with them have another device that does, I don't see them running to add support and possibly cutting sales of the higher priced unit.
2022-9-30
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
United States

Mad_Hatter80 Posted at 9-30 09:39
The RC actually has antennas. They're internal across the top of the controller. Also the Air 2s and Mini 3 both use Occusync3 for control system. So the Air 2s at least should be compatible. I personally think DJI have been busy on all the new releases but do plan on making it happen. I just wish they would communicate with customers better. Fingers crossed

I should have said “external” antenna less!

But the whole “delay” in getting other aircraft supported by the RC, and the fact that DJI has kept so mum about it’s intentions- something doesn’t smell right here.

Occusync seems irrelevant here, as that system is mostly about how well you receive video on your controller.

Perhaps DJI should finally come clean and say that the RC will never work with older drones, but because they may have led many of us down the garden path, registered owners of older DJI aircraft will be given a 30% discount on the RC Pro!
2022-9-30
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

sduck Posted at 9-30 13:54
reposting this as apparently I edited it too much and the adminbot blocked it on my end - sorry if there's dupe post

Sorry, I should have said the the Air 2s was released in April 2021 then the RC Pro was released in November. DJI then added support for the Air 2s in Jan 2022.
2022-9-30
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

If details matter, it was February 2022
2022-10-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The RC Pro is still not compatible with the Mini 2.
2022-10-1
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

Let's not let this thread get lost in oblivion, let's keep updating it little by little so that it stays afloat, At the moment we don't know anything, let's see if there is any news these days, it shouldn't take much longer.
2022-10-2
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-2 09:16
Let's not let this thread get lost in oblivion, let's keep updating it little by little so that it stays afloat, At the moment we don't know anything, let's see if there is any news these days, it shouldn't take much longer.

Yea i feel like by the end of the week lets hit up tweeter one more time. I also feel it will be soon.
2022-10-2
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

freshhhh Posted at 10-2 13:03
Yea i feel like by the end of the week lets hit up tweeter one more time. I also feel it will be soon.

I feel the same way. If it's gonna happen, it should be soon. I also agree with keeping it going on Twitter.
2022-10-3
Use props
tman100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156529 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Come on DJI
make this happen

Lot of people waiting patiently  !!!!!!
Please Please Please Please MAKE THE RC
COMPATIBLE WITH THE AIR 2S
2022-10-3
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

they are taking a long time to update the dji rc, not even a sad news...
2022-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules