DJI RC - When it will be compatible with the DJI Air 2s?
33591 337 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74948 ft
Saudi Arabia

still no support yet
2022-10-4
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do it, I suppose to sell more rc pro, but it seems crazy to me to spend 1000 dollars, that's more than the cost of the drone.
2022-10-4
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4882769 ft
United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-4 00:39
I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do it, I suppose to sell more rc pro, but it seems crazy to me to spend 1000 dollars, that's more than the cost of the drone.
At first I thought maybe it was to sell more RC Pro also, and that could be their reason. I think they would make a lot more money if they updated the RC to support more drones. For a lot of people, $1200 is way too much for a controller, but $310 is something they would be willing to spend.
2022-10-4
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

I have bought it and now I have to wait for the update, surely in the end I will be left with a nice paperweight, but I have hope in DJI
2022-10-4
Use props
garimba
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21965 ft
Spain

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-4 08:22
I have bought it and now I have to wait for the update, surely in the end I will be left with a nice paperweight, but I have hope in DJI

Two paperweights, another one here
2022-10-4
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

well, we will always have the second-hand market...
2022-10-4
Use props
djiuser_XddVxk7ciXhh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127316 ft
Australia

Come on DJI, update the DJI RC for A2S support!!! Look after your customer base. I can’t use my iPhone for it as it overheats. And yes I’ve tried everything to rectify the problem. It gets hot here in Australia you know. So pretty please ;)
2022-10-4
Use props
llbts1
lvl.4
United States

I will buy one if its available for the air2s. I won't spend $1000. for the pro.
2022-10-4
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

I get the impression that dji does not look at their forums at any time, if that were the case they would have updated long ago, why so much silence on their part?
2022-10-4
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-4 21:52
I get the impression that dji does not look at their forums at any time, if that were the case they would have updated long ago, why so much silence on their part?

Because they have a planned roadmap and, as the most of manufactures do, they do not disclose it.
2022-10-4
Use props
djiuser_N8s9lXqfGAL0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102126 ft
Germany

hopefully DJI doing there projektplan in an agile format. Otherwise it is clear, why DJI do not have an ear for the customer.
2022-10-4
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

If DJI had to satisfy all the requests that come here in the forum, probably they would have to stop any new products design and release, focusing only on improvements (for free ...). At the end they would go out of the market in a while.
Large companies need always to balance between satisfying customer maintenance related requests and generating new revenues, dealing with limited resources ...This is the real world.

2022-10-5
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

correct, but in this case it is not about a request about whether or not to release a product, it is about an update that has been in demand for a long time, and that many customers want, attending to these requests is what makes a company be committed to the client.
2022-10-5
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-5 00:44
correct, but in this case it is not about a request about whether or not to release a product, it is about an update that has been in demand for a long time, and that many customers want, attending to these requests is what makes a company be committed to the client.

There are many other updates demanded since time. For instance, Mini 2 users are asking to add the tracking feature. This is technically feasible, third-party apps do it, but DJI is not implementing it. The reasons ? Probably because of commercial evaluations: adding new features to the Mini 2 would probably reduce the demand of Mini 3.
When Air 2s has been released, DJI RC was not yet in the market. And people purchased the Air 2s and was satisfied about its features. Now that DJI RC is available, many of us started complaining because of its incompatibility with the DJI Air 2s. But we do not need to forget that the DJI RC was released for pushing the Mini 3, not for supporting the existing models. Now, if DJI will update the RC to be compatible with the Air 2s, it will be a great thing. But if they won't, I think we cannot complain too much: we purchased the Air 2s for its great features, not for the compatibility with a not yet existing RC.   
2022-10-5
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

but that does not take away our right as customers to request new features and be heard
2022-10-5
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-5 01:52
but that does not take away our right as customers to request new features and be heard

We can ask whatever we want, but the manufacturers are not required to satisfy all our requests, only to fix the issues ...

2022-10-5
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

FabioV Posted at 10-5 01:45
There are many other updates demanded since time. For instance, Mini 2 users are asking to add the tracking feature. This is technically feasible, third-party apps do it, but DJI is not implementing it. The reasons ? Probably because of commercial evaluations: adding new features to the Mini 2 would probably reduce the demand of Mini 3.
When Air 2s has been released, DJI RC was not yet in the market. And people purchased the Air 2s and was satisfied about its features. Now that DJI RC is available, many of us started complaining because of its incompatibility with the DJI Air 2s. But we do not need to forget that the DJI RC was released for pushing the Mini 3, not for supporting the existing models. Now, if DJI will update the RC to be compatible with the Air 2s, it will be a great thing. But if they won't, I think we cannot complain too much: we purchased the Air 2s for its great features, not for the compatibility with a not yet existing RC.

however if it was updated to be compatible with the mavic 3 just like the rc pro was updated to be compatible with the air 2s, they are decisions that obviously only the company knows the reason for, but they are still striking since at the level hardware is perfectly compatible dji does not do anything lightly.
2022-10-5
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8068 ft
United States

My critique of DJI has been simply that, upon release of a controller that apparently is designed to support several DJI aircraft ultimately, they should have also issued a tentative list of drones the RC will support in the near future. That piece of knowledge would curtail the frustration that many are feeling, and would suggest whether folks should be saving to purchase the RC Pro perhaps. Currently it is unclear if there really are plans for the RC to support any drone that has arrived before 2022.
2022-10-5
Use props
garimba
lvl.3
Spain

If it is enough for them to say if it is going to be compatible or not, it is that simple. That they do not want to update it, well, very well. But let them say it in a simple note and everyone happy
2022-10-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think it's all about priorities more than anything else
2022-10-5
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

garimba Posted at 10-5 09:55
If it is enough for them to say if it is going to be compatible or not, it is that simple. That they do not want to update it, well, very well. But let them say it in a simple note and everyone happy

Exactly, it's just that, saying yes or no, but keeping customers expectant indefinitely because it doesn't seem right to me, for a company like DJI, it doesn't cost them anything to say it.
2022-10-5
Use props
Mackcross
lvl.2

Jamaica

Ive been patiently waiting on this update for months and to not allow compatibility with the air2s it’s almost criminal
2022-10-5
Use props
TMA-1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8068 ft
United States

Mackcross@gmail.com Posted at 10-5 12:59
Ive been patiently waiting on this update for months and to not allow compatibility with the air2s it’s almost criminal

The extraordinary wait for any word or action regarding the RC, does not sound like a company eager to promote and sell this product.

I really don’t think that DJI planned to have the RC support their stable of older drones. The RC was meant for a “looking forward to newer aircraft” kind of game plan.

I think things got frustrating when so many influencers started to state how they expected the RC to support the Air2s..

Now all of us expect that DJI somehow owes it to us to support the Air2s. I think all they might owe us is the word whether or not the RC will support the Air2s and other legacy drones, eventually.
2022-10-5
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TMA-1 Posted at 10-5 15:09
The extraordinary wait for any word or action regarding the RC, does not sound like a company eager to promote and sell this product.

I really don’t think that DJI planned to have the RC support their stable of older drones. The RC was meant for a “looking forward to newer aircraft” kind of game plan.

I just want some clarification, if it’s not supported then it’s fine:
2022-10-6
Use props
FCD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660879 ft
Colombia

DJI esta en la obligación de informar a sus clientes de cuales serán los equipos compatibles con el DJI RC pues dijo que este controlador sería compatible con más drones de la marca.
2022-10-6
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

FCD Posted at 10-6 05:15
DJI esta en la obligación de informar a sus clientes de cuales serán los equipos compatibles con el DJI RC pues dijo que este controlador sería compatible con más drones de la marca.

DJI is not obliged to disclose in advance any features. As I already wrote, most of manufacturers does not commit in advance on the future features, they disclose them only at release time.
2022-10-6
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

that they are not obliged is true, but that most companies hide from their clients the roadmap on future updates is not normal in most of the industry, almost all companies in any field show their clients future updates to that they see the future functions of their products, that DJI does it is not normal, and a thousand examples can be shown.
2022-10-6
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-6 07:28
that they are not obliged is true, but that most companies hide from their clients the roadmap on future updates is not normal in most of the industry, almost all companies in any field show their clients future updates to that they see the future functions of their products, that DJI does it is not normal, and a thousand examples can be shown.

I understand your points, but each company has its own commercial and communication policies. And each of us can decide to go with another brand if we think they’re not fair.
2022-10-6
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-6 07:28
that they are not obliged is true, but that most companies hide from their clients the roadmap on future updates is not normal in most of the industry, almost all companies in any field show their clients future updates to that they see the future functions of their products, that DJI does it is not normal, and a thousand examples can be shown.

I agree. I also fly fpv drones, and rc planes and helicopters. And no other company I've ever purchased from had been this quiet. They at least respond to their customers. I don't care if it's a legacy product or not. The Air 2s may not be as new as the mini 3, but if you go to DJI's site under camera drones, their main 3(not FPV) Mavic 3, Air 2s, and Mini 3. Their refusal to even answer a simple question is what sucks.
2022-10-6
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

not only that, in the customer service they seem to have no idea what they are going to do in the future, that secrecy is what sucks, for something so simple, we are not asking about your next drones, just for a simple compatibility update.
2022-10-7
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-7 00:05
not only that, in the customer service they seem to have no idea what they are going to do in the future, that secrecy is what sucks, for something so simple, we are not asking about your next drones, just for a simple compatibility update.

Es lo normal que uno se pregunte, tienes un dron que va muy bien, sale un mando que te da algo parecieo al RC Pro, y te ahoras sobre los 700€, siendo la misma tecnologia la OC3, a mi no me interesa un dron nuevo, pero si un periferico con mas funciones, para tener unas funciones mas fluidas.
2022-10-7
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

oc3, more buttons, not depending on a mobile... the normal thing would be for all drones to be compatible, I'm clear about it, if they don't update the rc I won't buy more DJI drones, and I'm not the only one who would be upset with that decision .
2022-10-7
Use props
CLJ9000
lvl.1

United States

I too am holding a paperweight for weeks now.  I was a huge fan of this company but now I'm growing disgruntled.

PLEASE ADD SUPPORT FOR AIR 2S.

2022-10-7
Use props
CLJ9000
lvl.1

United States

I too am holding a paperweight for weeks now.  I was a huge fan of this company but now I'm growing disgruntled.

PLEASE ADD SUPPORT FOR AIR 2S.
2022-10-7
Use props
garimba
lvl.3
Spain

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-7 03:31
oc3, more buttons, not depending on a mobile... the normal thing would be for all drones to be compatible, I'm clear about it, if they don't update the rc I won't buy more DJI drones, and I'm not the only one who would be upset with that decision .

Completely agree
2022-10-7
Use props
tman100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156529 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here
COME ON DJI ADD SUPPORT FOR THE AIR 2S
or at least let us know one way or another
2022-10-7
Use props
Mad_Hatter80
lvl.3
United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-7 03:31
oc3, more buttons, not depending on a mobile... the normal thing would be for all drones to be compatible, I'm clear about it, if they don't update the rc I won't buy more DJI drones, and I'm not the only one who would be upset with that decision .

Same here.
2022-10-7
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

tman100 Posted at 10-7 11:06
Same here
COME ON DJI ADD SUPPORT FOR THE AIR 2S
or at least let us know one way or another

Lo mismo dijo.
2022-10-8
Use props
Sir. Dann
lvl.2
Spain

We have to give much more support to the initiative on Tweeter, of all of us in the forum, very few have shared and commented, we have to make much more noise, only then will they listen to us.
2022-10-8
Use props
freshhhh
lvl.2

United States

Sir. Dann Posted at 10-8 03:18
We have to give much more support to the initiative on Tweeter, of all of us in the forum, very few have shared and commented, we have to make much more noise, only then will they listen to us.
Yes only 2 or 3 people from here got on Twitter we take the time to post here but we will make a difference on tweeter.  @DJIGlobal @djisupport #djircair2s #dji
20220929_173116.jpg
2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules