Air 2 No Longer Talikng to RC, Phone or Mac after Firmware
597 7 2022-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paulochops
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All,
I've spent two hours this morning trying to get my Air 2 off the ground but it's not happening. I bought it new in June 2020 and used it regularly without any problems for about a year. Then it sat idle for almost another year until I took it out last week to shoot some footage for my business. It had a little trouble connecting but when it did it insisted on downloading new firmware so I let it. I flew for a few minutes, all seemed OK, I powered down and put it away in it's bag again.

I took it out to use it this mornning and it just won't connect. When I power it up I get the usual beeps and fan noise etc,the front LEDs are solid red and the rear LEDs are constantly cycling green, yellow, red which I believe means it's doing it's self-checks.

Here's what Ive tried:

• Latest FW in Controller - re-installed today via DJI Assistant on Mac
  • Latest FW in Air 2 - downloaded and installed last week via phone
  • 3 different cables between RC and iPhone 13 (iPhone has latest DJI SW version, deleted old version and installed new today) - cables are all data+power and are all known good, one is DJI cable supplied with Air 2
  • Latest version of DJI Assist for Mac (2.1.10)
  • 2 different cables from Air 2 to Mac - DJI Assistant sees the RC but doesn't see the Air 2*
  • Changed battery in Air, tried all three batteries
  • Gone through pairing procedure several times, always times out
  • Removed battery from Air 2 and waited an hour before trying to pair with RC again

*When I connect it to my Mac it's obviously trying to do something because my mouse goes all jerky (as if the USB bus is overloading??).

I just don't understand how it can work fine a week ago and after being sat in it's bag for a week it now doesn't work. It has definitely not been dropped or knocked and I have never crashed it. Any advice on what I can try next would be greatly appreciated.
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Paulochops. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application and kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) then try doing the process once again to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-5-23
Use props
Paulochops
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Stephen,
Thank you for your assistance. I am receiving no error messages at all in the DJI Fly app (is there a way to output an error log?). I get the symbol in the bottom right corner of the Fly app to show that the phone/iPad are connected to the remote and when I begin the pairing process from my phone the remote begins beeping so I am confident that the phone and remote are communicating.

I have been powering the Air 2 up and down several times whilst trying to sort out this problem and on 2 occasions the status LEDs on the arms did not illuminate at all but the fan was running and it made the usual beeps, I don't know if that's a clue to the problem??

I have tried removing the app from my phone and reinstalling it, I also tried using my iPad Mini (which is quite old but was still working last time I tried it with my Air 2) and my wife's iPhone 12 Mini, both had exactly the same results.

Do you have any further suggestions please?
2022-5-24
Use props
djiuser_KE8RNhJZGDSG
New

Indonesia

I also have same problem since my controller was broken and I buy the new one. Please help me soon. Thank you.
2022-5-24
Use props
Paulochops
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Do you have any further suggestions please?
2022-5-26
Use props
Paulochops
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI, Do you have any further suggestions please? I have an expensive paperweight at the moment, I'd like to get it back in the air.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_YW4Oo2LRHxiq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2146857 ft
Australia

Paulochops Posted at 5-31 01:20
DJI, Do you have any further suggestions please? I have an expensive paperweight at the moment, I'd like to get it back in the air.

Hi Paul,
Youre not the only one with an expensive paper weight.
Mine two has the same problem. Can't connect to phone. No error message, nothing.
You cant even i stall the Dji fly app on gooe play store anymore, i did download it from the Dji website, still doesnt work. I even used an ild phone and downloaded it  from the galaxy store, guess what? It doesnt even open the app, just keeps shutting itself down.

Somethibg very wrong at Dji i think, thats why they cant answer back.
2022-5-31
Use props
Paulochops
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_YW4Oo2LRHxiq Posted at 5-31 21:54
Hi Paul,
Youre not the only one with an expensive paper weight.
Mine two has the same problem. Can't connect to phone. No error message, nothing.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling that DJI doesn't actually have an answer for this.

My Air 2 has less than 9 hours in the air and I've looked after it very carefully, never crashed it or flown in the rain etc. It seems that the last firmware update may have played a part in it's demise but I can't be 100% certain about that.

I get that it's out of warranty and if I'd used/abused it for hundreds of hours then I could perhaps accept that it had just failed through wear and tear. However, it seems that with DJI appearing to be keeping a low profile in this matter this is perhaps an inherent hardware/firmware/software issue that DJI probably knows about and isn't looking to take responsibility for. I hope that's not the case but at the moment that is the impression I'm getting.
2022-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules