594 6 2022-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Eq3tS2vbLZDa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1232395 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I had my first flight with the DJI mini 3 yesterday! Very good machine! Flies very well and smooth in comparison to the mini 2. However I managed to crash it on my first flight
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_Eq3tS2vbLZDa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Looks like my post didn’t send completely lol
After the crash I found one of my blades had snapped in half. After great difficulty and nearly rounding off the top of the screw I got it off, and put the new blade on with the new screw that came with the blade. After the screw gets half way in it becomes very stiff and won’t turn easily. I nearly rounded off the first screw so had to take it back out and try the other spare being very careful not to allow me to round it off. No matter how hard I try it becomes too stiff that there’s nothing more I can do before the screw starts rounding off! Do you have any suggestions on what to try, maybe a different screw driver which is more precise? I have flown it with the screw not fully in but don’t want to risk it
2022-5-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Eq3tS2vbLZDa Posted at 5-23 07:15
Looks like my post didn’t send completely lol
After the crash I found one of my blades had snapped in half. After great difficulty and nearly rounding off the top of the screw I got it off, and put the new blade on with the new screw that came with the blade. After the screw gets half way in it becomes very stiff and won’t turn easily. I nearly rounded off the first screw so had to take it back out and try the other spare being very careful not to allow me to round it off. No matter how hard I try it becomes too stiff that there’s nothing more I can do before the screw starts rounding off! Do you have any suggestions on what to try, maybe a different screw driver which is more precise? I have flown it with the screw not fully in but don’t want to risk it

Have you checked that there is not a piece of the old screw in the bottom of the hole? Does the one you removed appear broken?
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period for each part, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like the thread loc stuff to me, i think that folks should be advised to buy a decent screwdriver as i don't think the one supplied is really adequate if its anything like the one with the mini 2
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_Eq3tS2vbLZDa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It turned out to be loctite was inside the screw hole!! I used a bigger rubberised screw driver which was easier to grip and it eventually came looser every time I turned it. It’s now fully seated and perfectly safe again
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_Eq3tS2vbLZDa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

If it happens to anyone else, I’d recommend using a thicker screw driver (grip part), so it won’t slip when trying to screw in or out the screw. I’m very satisfied with this drone!
2022-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules