T30 Propellers Brittle
2405 7 2022-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PTdhJS3SKm9k
lvl.3

Malawi

Hi

Does anyone else find the T30 propellers to be very brittle and crack often. As a spraying operation we seem to be going through a rediculous number of propellers. This was not my experience with the T16s and T20s. Does anyone use aftermarket propellers that last a vit longer?

Thanks in advance.
2022-5-23
Use props
kapchur.us
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1248743 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey there!  We use the spreader for fertilizer and I thought they were fragile JUST because we were getting chips from the fertilizer.  I tried even spraying with a couple of light coats of poly urethane.  But that doesn't seem to help at all.  We have three T30's and we've been operating about 3 weeks and have already had to replace about 6 sets. I haven't searched for 3rd party ones yet, but I'm interested.
2022-5-25
Use props
Aleksei Tatarnikov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10505 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Same here, used a T30 for a couple of missions and the propellers die way too fast.
2022-5-25
Use props
kapchur.us
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

For what it's worth, these drones are SUPER smart in that they do great load balancing.  On one trip I clipped a tree branch and I walked out half a mile to rescue it, but didn't take enough blades.  Well, one set of the six had about 3-4 INCHES of each blade sheered off. I decided to try to launch just to get it back to the home station.  As it took off it pulled in the direction of the sheered blades, but then it equaled out and I was able to easily fly it back to the home location!! (It landed SUPER hard, dropped about 20 feet and bent the landing gear on both sides but it's still the best of the three T30's we have)
2022-5-30
Use props
Aleksei Tatarnikov
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

kapchur.us Posted at 5-30 16:21
For what it's worth, these drones are SUPER smart in that they do great load balancing.  On one trip I clipped a tree branch and I walked out half a mile to rescue it, but didn't take enough blades.  Well, one set of the six had about 3-4 INCHES of each blade sheered off. I decided to try to launch just to get it back to the home station.  As it took off it pulled in the direction of the sheered blades, but then it equaled out and I was able to easily fly it back to the home location!! (It landed SUPER hard, dropped about 20 feet and bent the landing gear on both sides but it's still the best of the three T30's we have)

Lol! that's good to know. So unless the drone is sending a warning notification the propellers are good to go.
2022-6-1
Use props
kapchur.us
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aleksei Tatarnikov Posted at 6-1 23:29
Lol! that's good to know. So unless the drone is sending a warning notification the propellers are good to go.

That's been my experience so far!

HOWEVER, I discovered that I THINK there may be issues with the motors that were "involved" in that incident.  I'm not getting any "errors" perse about damage or malfunctions. However, I started receiving notifications about Battery Output Too High (or something like that) and then SHORTLY after that, "Propulsion System Overheating" (or something like that) and it FORCED me to land.  At first I assumed it might be a battery problem, but as it turns out I tried another battery and got abandoned again (3/4 mile away through a forest) with the same set of errors.  The same batteries run fine on my other drones (we have three T30's).
2022-6-7
Use props
Aleksei Tatarnikov
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

kapchur.us Posted at 6-7 13:13
That's been my experience so far!

HOWEVER, I discovered that I THINK there may be issues with the motors that were "involved" in that incident.  I'm not getting any "errors" perse about damage or malfunctions. However, I started receiving notifications about Battery Output Too High (or something like that) and then SHORTLY after that, "Propulsion System Overheating" (or something like that) and it FORCED me to land.  At first I assumed it might be a battery problem, but as it turns out I tried another battery and got abandoned again (3/4 mile away through a forest) with the same set of errors.  The same batteries run fine on my other drones (we have three T30's).

It sounds a lot like a propeller issue! So far I haven't got any "propulsion system overheating" notifications. But I am more than sure that it's only a question of time
2022-6-28
Use props
djiuser_jRs4xUa9Wh51
lvl.1

Botswana

The motors for damaged props have to work harder to produce same lift and stabilise the machine thus there is a high liklihood they will overspeed and burn out... do not fly with bits missing off the props... with treh cracks, we mark them with marker and monitor them for growing/spreading... we have also started reducing loads recently (1000m, more tnan 30 deg c) and we have hadless issues with props
2022-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules