DJI RS 2 Tethered Control handle firmware update
3183 2 2022-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesalfred.photography
lvl.1
Canada

In updating the firmware for my Ronin RS2, it says to make sure the tethered control handle firmware is up to date first.  I can't remember if I ever had successfully updated firmware on the handle since I purchased it.  But getting info on updating the handle is very hard to come by. I couldn't find any online instructions or tutorials on just the handle.  I did finally find a set of instructions as a comment in the forums here.  I also, after needing to use a new unarchiver app, finally upacked the firmware file which did have instructions attached, which matched what I had found.

BUT- first of all, I couldn't figure out if my handle firmware is even out of date- so "make sure the tethered control handle firmware is up to date" is a lot of busy work with no quick answer.  My gimbal tells me the firmware on the handle is v32.33, but the current downloads page doesn't give a version number to the file, it just says "DJI RS 2 Tethered Control handle firmware", and when I download the file, the filename is "DJ-RONINS_II-V21.01.06"
In the formums, the most recent firmware post I could find says v32.33, so I'm guessing I'm good.  (I also eventually went ahead with the RS2 gimbal firmware update, and everything seems fine.  So maybe I didn't really need to try to do it.)

BUT- of course I first tried to go ahead and follow the instructions I found and install the firmware in the handle- just in case.  You won't know until you try it and see what the gimbal tells you in the firmware display.   SO- the instructions say to hold down the M and record buttons on the handle, and then connect the usb cable to your computer to transfer the file.  When the cable is connected, the "123" buttons should turn red.  And a control handle icon/drive should appear on your computer.   I did exactly as told- with the handle powered on, I held down those buttons, and the green "123" button turned orange.  While holding them down, I then connected the cable, expecting it to turn red, and nothing happened.  Whenever I let go of the buttons, the light goes back to green.  No connection appeared on my computer.  I just get the one orange light, cable or no.  I used one of the cables that came with the gimbal.  I then tried with another usb cable that I use with my computer.  Still nothing.    I'm just worried that when the time comes that I really need to update my handle, I won't be able to do it.   What am I doing wrong?

2022-5-23
Use props
Mannymation
lvl.1

United States

Heya, so I spoke to them and heres how i got it to update properly brother:-Download the rar file with the tathered handle goods and unpack the folder to your desktop
-Grab your handle and hold the M and record button together, and plug in the usb c to usb a to your pc from the handle
-the 3 buttons will go red
-on your desktop, a new drive will appear (its the handle acting as a new drive)
-drag and drop the bin file from the downloaded rar u unpacked
-once dragged onto the new drive , leave it there and it will auto install
-wait till the handle shuts off and the window with the drive closes

You are all set.
2022-10-11
Use props
pacificm
lvl.1
United States

I purchased a DJI Ronin Tethered Control Handle for use with my DJI Ronin RS3 Pro and DJI R Twist Grip Dual Handle.  I made these purchases last spring.  I made a big mistake.  I haven’t tested them altogether until now in November, 2023.  The Tethered Control Handle simply does not work.  If you check a number of forums and reviews you’ll find that I am not alone.  The DJI return policy is 15 days, B&H is 30 days.  I should have tested everything at once but did not.  I put my faith in the fact that for $349 DJI must have crated a quality, reliable product.  But I was wrong.  I did all the things including checking contacts and firmware update to no avail.  
2023-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules