DJI Mini 3 Pro Wide Angle Lens

85552D59-4091-48C0-B347-EACA753DC820.jpeg
2022-5-23
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34413 ft
Canada

It mounts the same as ND filters. The frame of the lens that comes with the drone twists off and this or ND filters twist on
2022-5-23
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

Mine is delayed with other accessories. Have not seen a report of anyone using it.
2022-5-23
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s should fit just like the ND filters do but also thanks for sharping because as of now I had no idea Dji had this.
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Exib. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for the new DJI Mini 3 Pro, I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro and uses this Wide Angle Lens can give out the best information and re commendation with regard to this matter. Thank you.
2022-5-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-23 19:52
Hello there Exib. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for the new DJI Mini 3 Pro, I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro and uses this Wide Angle Lens can give out the best information and re commendation with regard to this matter. Thank you.

Has that post got ant point at all
2022-5-23
Use props
PAROINA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

I don't think anyone is talking about it because DJI has pulled it from their available accessories. It was there when they unveiled the M3P but it was not available yet. Some 3rd party vendors were able to get a supply of them. I got one via Adorama. Here are some sample images.
2022-7-9
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

I don't see it listed on Adorama's website.  Has this been discontinued, or just out of stock?
2022-7-10
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burstmode Posted at 7-10 06:50
I don't see it listed on Adorama's website.  Has this been discontinued, or just out of stock?

i think it's neither.  the various website can call it whatever their systems do best but i believe the accessory was launched too early before it was official ready and that could be due to not having enough made or implementing a change to the design/function.  not sure at this point.

out of stock means they sold everything and expecting more (on order) and the customer can check back later or their order goes on backorder.  discontinued means we sold the last one and that's it.  manufacturer doesn't make any more and we don't expect to get any more ever.  if there is a replacement sku coming soon, i don't like to use the word "discontinued" because it makes it seem like the product is done permanently.

i hope one day we see the dji-branded oem wide angle lens come back and fully hit the market but honestly, there will be enough knock-offs that it ultimately doesn't matter since you can't really screw up a wide-angle lens....the aftermarket lens will likely work fine and be a lot cheaper.  only have to worry about whether it is tested properly and doesn't screw with the drone.  ymmv and it's use could void the warranty ymmv
2022-7-10
Use props
PAROINA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

You can now buy this lens. DJI has released it since they made the firmware update for it.
2022-10-27
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

would be nice to see some real world images after the firmware update.. PS, how does the M3P know that the w/angle is mounted? there's no electronic contacts..
PS, would have been good to be able to use existing NDs on top..
2022-10-27
Use props
gotstabnoel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32953 ft
United States

AVsupport Posted at 10-27 20:22
would be nice to see some real world images after the firmware update.. PS, how does the M3P know that the w/angle is mounted? there's no electronic contacts..
PS, would have been good to be able to use existing NDs on top..

Wondering this too if ND filters can be added on top of the wide lens.
2022-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

gotstabnoel Posted at 11-12 00:34
Wondering this too if ND filters can be added on top of the wide lens.

No they cannot, but try freewell filters they have an wide and anamorphic you can add nd filters.
2022-11-12
Use props
gotstabnoel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32953 ft
United States

they finally have these restocked on the actual DJI website.  It's been available on Adorama; which even though it says on their site it's DJI official an earlier post i have regarding this DJI stated it's third party.  But grab it while you can on the DJI store!
2022-12-10
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Poland

Got mine like a week ago from local reseller with ND filters, delayed like 6 months...

1/ It seems to add blur on both sides more or less -> [it's 4K just wait for YouTube]
2/ wide lens block access to panorama menu/mode [aircraft detects the type of lens] WTF

3/ and had my first issues after firmware update [dji rc not discovering the aircraft -> https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D776%26typeid%3D776]

2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_f55SiqrWz2hu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2914944 ft
United States

bxq Posted at 12-10 09:56
Got mine like a week ago from local reseller with ND filters, delayed like 6 months...

1/ It seems to cause blur on the right edge ->  https://youtu.be/MjDjvZN-vJc

Is this the same lens that the original poster mentioned in their post? (The lens is from DJI.)
2022-12-10
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_f55SiqrWz2hu Posted at 12-10 10:34
Is this the same lens that the original poster mentioned in their post? (The lens is from DJI.)

Yes that one from DJI labeled "WIDE-ANGLE LENS" from first post.
2022-12-10
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Poland

bxq Posted at 12-10 09:56

1/ It seems to add blur on both sides more or less ->  https://youtu.be/MjDjvZN-vJc

was flying again today and the blur issue is still there
anyone else using the wide lens on mini 3 pro ?
2022-12-11
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Poland

PAROINA Posted at 7-9 22:52
I don't think anyone is talking about it because DJI has pulled it from their available accessories. It was there when they unveiled the M3P but it was not available yet. Some 3rd party vendors were able to get a supply of them. I got one via Adorama. Here are some sample images. [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

got no blur on the sides?
2022-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules