Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoints 2.0 with Mavic 3
2890 9 2022-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
High Altitude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106545 ft
United States

Will DJI ever add something like Waypoints 2.0 to the Mavic 3? This seems so basic I just can't imagine it's anything but an oversight by the marketing division at DJI not paying attention to what a significant amount of these consumer drones are actually used for, in the real world. I just can't see DJI loosing a significant amount of it's loyal consumers by not including something so basic with the Mavic line-up going forward. I'm a commercial drone pilot still using the trusty Mavic 2 Pro flying multiple commercial construction projects on a weekly schedule to enable developers to see progress and I've been using Waypoints 2.0 to accomplish this simple task. Being able to store pre-programmed routes is practical and critical for these missions allowing for accurate compilations of stored videos showing progress along the same route from start to finish. With DJI apparently not planning to add this basic feature within the DJI Go 4 app for the Mavic 3, I've not upgrade from the Mavic 2 Pro solely for this reason. It also appears that Lichi can't offer a similar program with no SDK available yet. It would be helpful to know if DJI plans on adding something similar to waypoints 2.0 in the future. I've been extremely happy with the Mavic 2 Pro but will logically upgrade in the near future seeking something similar to the Mavic 3. However, without the capability of something like Waypoints 2.0, I'll either be left with purchasing a Mavic 2 Pro off EBay or seeking a completely new manufacturer that offers this program native or with the use of a 3rd party software like Lichi.
2022-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there High Altitude. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information and for sharing your valued insight with us with regards to this matter. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2022-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The SDK should be out in August for Mavic 3 for Android only though,  and it will not support previous drones so its not yet clear how the likes of Litchi will deal with that.  
2022-5-23
Use props
High Altitude
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 23:00
The SDK should be out in August for Mavic 3 for Android only though,  and it will not support previous drones so its not yet clear how the likes of Litchi will deal with that.

Thanks for the information.
2022-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

High Altitude Posted at 5-24 04:39
Thanks for the information.

No probs High Altitude.
2022-5-24
Use props
High Altitude
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-23 19:49
Hello there High Altitude. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information and for sharing your valued insight with us with regards to this matter. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen, it’s time for me to upgrade my drone, still flying commercially except now I’ve picked up multiple new clients where they’re requesting construction project updates flying the same route periodically so they can see and compare construction progress with previous videos. Waypoints 2.0 is my Mavic 2 Pro solution that works perfectly for this endeavor and now that I’ve gone through my 3rd Mavic 2 Pro, I’m shopping for my next drone. Has DJI added this capability to the Mavic 3? If not, is the SDK available for use with my iPads?
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

High Altitude Posted at 9-19 17:53
Hi DJI Stephen, it’s time for me to upgrade my drone, still flying commercially except now I’ve picked up multiple new clients where they’re requesting construction project updates flying the same route periodically so they can see and compare construction progress with previous videos. Waypoints 2.0 is my Mavic 2 Pro solution that works perfectly for this endeavor and now that I’ve gone through my 3rd Mavic 2 Pro, I’m shopping for my next drone. Has DJI added this capability to the Mavic 3? If not, is the SDK available for use with my iPads?

Hi there High Altitude. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. .
2022-9-19
Use props
BlackOpsEnt
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 23:00
The SDK should be out in August for Mavic 3 for Android only though,  and it will not support previous drones so its not yet clear how the likes of Litchi will deal with that.

YES!!!  YES!!!!!!

Yeeeeeeeeesssssssss!
2022-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BlackOpsEnt Posted at 9-26 15:49
YES!!!  YES!!!!!!

Sadly they missed their deadline,  you can follow development of it here - https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android-V5
2022-9-26
Use props
aerovideos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 799268 ft
  • >>>
France

on l'a dans le cul avec le SDK !!! c'est scandaleux
2022-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now